Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: APRIL IN EARNEST  (Read 16401 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:APRIL IN EARNEST
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2006, 04:44:29 PM »

Yes, it was Susan Gallin - I'd worked with her on the Cowgirls recording.

Now - April Fool's Day is over and it's about to be April Bitch-Slap Day if we don't get some postin' goin' on.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2006, 04:50:30 PM »

Don't have too much to say today. It's gray and cloudy. It's rained a little but not much. Just a blah day

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2006, 04:51:43 PM »

Congrats on DECEIT, BK. Glad it ended on a high note.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2006, 05:16:28 PM »

I'm back from a gathering of the clans!  My friend trumpeter John Wallace is in for Tartan Week, and I met him at the Thom Bar at the hotel 60 Thompson, where a party was going on for the event.  I got to meet Tom Conti (NORMAN CONQUESTS, WHOSE LIFE IS IT ANYWAY?) who was charming, his lovely wife, a lot of folk from the Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, and I got to gossip a bit with John, who has given up trumpet for being Principal of the Academy.  

Now it's almost time for THE SOPRANOS!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2006, 05:40:42 PM »

I'm posting because I don't want to be slapped, but I don't really have anything to say.

Every once in awhile, my laptop computer goes through a phase in which it can hook up to the wireless Internet whozamacallit, so I am right now on my futon, most of whose space is being taken up by a furry brown sleeping lump.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Danise

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2006, 06:00:40 PM »

Hi all!  Just poping in real quick before I hit the sack.  

Don't worry if you don't hear from in for a couple of days.  I'm sure I'm going to be pretty tired until I get back in the swing of things.  

I had a very busy day doing laundry and trying to get everything in order to go back tomorrow.

The stupid bus changed the pick up times.  I have to be down at the bus stop 15 minutes earlier.  It's a good thing I checked or I would have missed the bus.  

Now I have to be out of bed by 5:30.  Sigh.  Grump.  :-\

In the meantime, I hope everyone that needs vibes, have them and that everyone has a wonderful week!   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2006, 06:06:10 PM »

Okay, I'm officially pathetic old Jew material.  I just attempted to jog for the first time since moving into this house almost a year-and-a-half ago.  I got about five blocks and had to stop because I thought I was going to die right then and there.  Then I walked three blocks, wheezing and coughing - then I got annoyed and I started jogging again - this time I managed to go a half-mile before having to stop, so I felt better.  I can only imagine what I must have looked like.  Tomorrow, I shall try again, as I am now completely and methodically on track to be the first to lose ten pounds.  And after that ten will come another ten, and then another, and then I shall be happy and I shall be lithe and trim with abs and buns of steel and people will wolf-whistle whilst I'm walking down the street.  So it is written, so it shall be done.

Michael

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2006, 06:07:36 PM »

Had a busy few days.
Saw Faith Prince do her nightclub act. It is brand new and very good. Alex Rybeck was the musical director and his usual wonderful and spent sometime chatting with him after the show.

Chatted some with Faith. BK she sends her love.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2006, 06:10:29 PM »

Saw Ice Age 2 and Adam and Steve. Enjoyed both very much. Although there is a scene early in the film of Adam and Steve was a little too much with the bodily function. It was also nice to see two out gay actors play gay characters. Malcom Gets was one of them and early on he is in the buff. (For those that go to see movies for that reason)
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2006, 06:26:24 PM »

I'm reminded for some reason that the first time I heard the lyric "uncommonly rare, very unique, peripatetic, poetic and chic," I thought they were singing "uncommonly rare, very unique, kinda pathetic, poetic and chic."

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2006, 06:42:51 PM »

Sorry I have been E&T today, not feeling the greatest and not very sociable.

Good show vibes to DR Jose....

I am very glad to hear that Deceit ended on and up note....I hope it has a long history of being performed in other venues
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2006, 06:46:16 PM »

I am hoping my order arrives soon in his hands... It takes awhile for anything going fron ND to the west... Very odd.. I know..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2006, 06:55:34 PM »

BK, visit out here you can walk through the development around the lake and dodge deer.  We'll get them ten pounds of you.

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2006, 07:16:21 PM »

Hi all, not much to say. I enjoyed  The Next Food TV Star (or whatever it's called)  I've watched a couple times now.  I already have a favorite and a least favorite. Is anyone else watching?

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2006, 07:17:54 PM »

So is the lose 10 pound contest officially on?  When do we start...or have we already started?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2006, 07:19:12 PM »

I really would like to take a brief trip in the next few weeks - I've been going non-stop since early December.

FJL

« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2006, 07:36:28 PM »

Well, there's nothing like New York City at Passover time.

FJL

« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2006, 07:39:14 PM »

Does water weight count on the 10-pound-loss contest?  At my weight, I could drop ten pounds by doing 1000 calories for three days.  Does it have to be kept off, though, because I could gain it back with two days of resuming eating as usual.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #108 on: April 02, 2006, 07:39:36 PM »

Just caught up to the past couple of days.  I spent all day yetserday, from the time we got up until I went to bed, well let's face it,  I never actualy went to bed, I fell asleep on the couch... house cleaning.  Somehow the house doesn't seem any cleaner or less cluttered although I threw away huge bags  of garbage, dusted, vaccumed and washed windows...

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2006, 07:41:18 PM »

While cleaning I had the BBC/ Colin Firth version of Pride & Prejudice on the DVD... I enjoyed it very much and must play it again when I can actually sit and give it proper attention

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2006, 07:45:21 PM »

Still on page four, eh?  Well, new all-time low coming up thanks to the WUSSBURGERS and the errant and truant.  Oh, well.

vixmom

« Reply #111 on: April 02, 2006, 07:50:04 PM »

Today after church and Sunday School we hurried out to my brother's hose to celebrate the birthday of his eldest daughter who turned 14 today.

He also announced he had just accepted a new job which means he and  my SIL and their three daughters will be moving to Columbus Ohio or one of the immediate suburbs thereof.....

It is an excellent opportunity for him and of course we are all pleased and proud.... we are also of course all very sad as we know that we will see very little of the girls growing up.  Right now my parents attend weekend  soccer games, basketball games, dance recitials, school plays etc etc not to mentionall the  birthday parties and holidays and summer barbeques that we will nolonger be together.

The Vixter is quite beside herself with grief  as these cousins are the closest thing she has to a sibling.  her only other cousins live in Northwest Canada and they are already grown....

So it has been a  rather bittersweet day.  My 7 year old niece (the youngest) obliged me with extra hugs abd cuddles, and dragged me up to her room to play  American Girl dolls with her, just the two of us for a half hour.

vixmom

« Reply #112 on: April 02, 2006, 07:51:02 PM »

I suppose I could  have broken the above into several posts to help the count....

vixmom

« Reply #113 on: April 02, 2006, 07:51:41 PM »

BK when will your book of short stories come out?  Will you be coming to NY for a book reading then?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #114 on: April 02, 2006, 08:05:07 PM »

I got sucked into watching HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN on HBO-HD. Only saw the last 90 minutes getting into it late. Nice to see all that detail in higher resolution.

With high def DVDs on the way in the next few months (with overly expensive players that most folks will opt to skip until prices come down), seeing movies in high def on HBO and Showtime does make the prospects of having this degree of clarity and sharpness very enticing very soon.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

vixmom

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2006, 08:10:33 PM »

Well I think I shall toddle off the bed now as it is later than I think.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2006, 08:10:41 PM »

I'd like to do a reading in NY for the short stories.  Right now, we're looking at August or early September for the release.  Have to have a cover designed - not sure what it should be yet, but am thinking constantly about it.  Also have an idea for a new play, which has been gestating for the last week - a genre that hasn't been done in a while and one I dearly loved growing up.  We shall see where that leads.

And now, it's massage time, and I do hope we're a little further along, posts-wise by the time it's finished, otherwise I shall be all tense again.

vixmom

« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2006, 08:10:52 PM »

Goodnight all

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2006, 08:10:57 PM »

COLD CASE had a new episode tonight featuring a case of a cabbie auditioning for a community theater version of CABARET and ladning the role of Cliff.

Playing the cabbie was Adam Pascal. He sang snippets of a couple of Cliff's songs from the original production, but he was missing some notes. I wonder if he thought those were the correct notes or if he was deliberately singing a couple of them wrong just to give his performance of an inexperienced theater guy some believability. Anyway, he was quite adorable looking and looked much younger than he looks in the RENT movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2006, 08:14:02 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES had some interesting stories.

spoiler- - - - -

No Applewhites again. Not that I miss them, but, boy, were they a misconception from the get-go!

I'd really love to see Susan and her husband get back together. They seem right for each other.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up