Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: SOUR CREAM  (Read 27040 times)

Ron Pulliam

Re:SOUR CREAM
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2004, 03:30:16 PM »

What is this "karma" you speak of?  How does one go about getting, or giving it?  

You've already got some karma, DR Robin.  When you've completed 25 posts, you will see the [applaud] [boo] links under the karma number of other posters.  At your discretion, you may assign or remove a karma point.

It has been a sore topic a few times here in the forum.  Some folks have begged for karma and others have cried pitifully when they've lost karma.

Most don't particularly care one way or the other.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2004, 03:31:51 PM »

If someone posts something you like you can give them karma (but only after you've made a certain number of posts).  There should be an "applaud" "boo" icon on the left where your name is.  Karma is, of course, meaningless in terms of this site and this board, but it makes people feel good when they get it - conversely, it makes some people feel bad when it is taken away.  Why anyone who posts here would take karma from a dear reader is beyond me - I have tried to figure it out but can come up with no other answer than people do what people do.  The trick is not to care.

I don't know what "live" demo TomofOz is speaking of.  I know that the orchestra tracks for Sherry! were recorded overseas in 2000.  Several cast members came, went and came back, strictly at the begging behest of Mr. Lipton.  It has taken this long to get everyone's vocals recorded and mixed.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2004, 03:32:41 PM »

She can't give karma until she becomes a junior member. Once there, she'll see the "applaud" and "boo" buttons she can use to give and take karma.

Is it 25 posts that makes you a junior member. I've forgotten. I know Gods are supposed to know everything, but I'm also an OLD god who is sometimes forgetful.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 03:34:57 PM by Matt H. »
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #153 on: January 11, 2004, 03:32:55 PM »

DR Robin_Anderson once you reach 25 posts you will be able to give/take away Karma points...you have some now!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: January 11, 2004, 03:34:44 PM »

By the way (BTW, in Internet lingo) can anyone help dear reader Danise figure out how to configure her PDF so she can read Benjamin Kritzer and Kritzerland without having to scroll from side to side.  She says there's a way but she's having trouble doing it.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #155 on: January 11, 2004, 03:40:51 PM »

She can't give karma until she becomes a junior member. Once there, she'll see the "applaud" and "boo" buttons she can use to give and take karma.

Is it 25 posts that makes you a junior member. I've forgotten. I know Gods are supposed to know everything, but I'm also an OLD god who is sometimes forgetful.

Is it?

Maybe it's 15 post before you can give/take karma, then.

I know it's an incredibly low number before you can actually have "power"!

Jason

« Reply #156 on: January 11, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »

It's 25...

Senorita Lavadora was not at the laundromat today. Perhaps I went so late that she had already come and gone and worked her evil doings. Nonetheless, all the dryers were full, so I still had to wait.

I may be going out with some friends tonight, so I doubt that I'll make the chat, but if I'm home, I'll be there for a bit.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2004, 03:43:45 PM »

Regardless, I'm looking forward to hearing SHERRY!

Me, too!  And what a vocal cast!

Hope it's good!

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2004, 03:43:57 PM »

Now that Valentine candy is starting to show up in stores, I'd like to ask a favor of the DRs here.

Several years ago, my local grocery store carried a candy called "Sour Cherries" during the Valentine's season. These were the best, non-chocolate littla candies I have ever eaten. They came in sacks like jelly beans (probably 10 or 12 oz. cellophane sacks), and were round, red cherry flavored chewy candies. Could you folks be on the lookout for them. No one around here has carried them in years, and they are simply scrumptuous. Thanks.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: January 11, 2004, 03:45:37 PM »

How's this for merriment and mirth and laughter and legs: The crybaby who runs another DVD site has now somehow made it so I cannot even access his message board to read posts, because he is afraid I will make merciless fun when, as per ususal, either he or his readers continue to make the off-putting errors they make.  Of course, when said errors are pointed out to them, they simply delete the posts, never apologize for their errors and behave like little schoolyard babies.  They deserve to be made merciless fun of and apparently they wish me to be the one to do it.  I gave the despot one chance and one chance only to apologize for coming down on me for something that I was proven to be correct about.  When someone posted to the effect that I was proven to be correct, their post was removed.  And now I see that they have arrived here at HHW and are merrily searching our site for references to them by name.  Oops (spoo, spelled backwards) - I have no need or interest to mention them by name.  They know who they are, and, of course, I like it this way because I could be talking about any number of people and/or sites.  Oops.  So, search away, crybabies, we're happy to have you visit our site.  Perhaps you'll learn something while you're here.  And do visit our new DVD site because I KNOW you'll learn something there.  Oh, and just a little information - there is no way to keep me from reading the discussion board if I so choose - of course, I mean to say you can block the computer I'm on NOW, but there are other computers and Internet devices located in my home environment.  Oops.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2004, 03:45:56 PM »

JRand53,  remind me to tell you my Mary Astor story sometime.  Can't today; too convuluted and involved.  Nevertheless let me say she is one of my favourite actresses and much underrated by Hollywood.  Just got back from an invigorating walk on this glorious day.  Should have worn shorts; it was so warm (sorry, you snow bunnies).  Dropped in on several open houses which is my thing to do on a Sunday afternoon.  I've probably seen half the houses in Los Feliz.  It's amazing the prices on these properties these days.  I should sell and just move back East and retire on the profit.

Tomovoz

« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2004, 03:46:31 PM »

Nor sure if this is useful but it is a 2 CD set.
Sherry
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2004, 03:47:04 PM »

I'm looking forward to hearing Sherry! too, although I've heard all the songs and it never quite reaches the heights of its title tune.  But, I adore Mr. Rosenthal and would buy anything he did.

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2004, 03:49:30 PM »

Sorry the image is so poor. The colour would  not scan today!
Engineer : Michael Glazier
Mastering etc: McVicker/Piazza/Audio Paint NYC
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 03:49:55 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2004, 03:50:01 PM »

Thanks, Bruce but I don't think anyone here could help me with my Personal Digial Friend because it's not a friend, it's a Personal Digital Assistant!   :D  Maybe that's the whole problem.  I need it to be friend first!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2004, 03:52:56 PM »

PDA, PDF, what do I know from PDs?  I just thought one of our technohainsies might be able to talk you through it.  But, as long as you can read it via scrolling, I guess that's all that counts.

Should we can the chat tonight?  Can ANYONE make it?  I've only heard from the nays not the yays.

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2004, 03:53:33 PM »

Remember the tongue slip Ed Sullivan made when introducing Dolores Gray from the audience to give a plug to SHERRY!

In his usual stammering manner, he remarked, "In our audience tonight is the actress currently starving at the Alvin Theatre in SHERRY - Miss DOlores Gray." He caught himself saying "Starving" rather than "starring" and laughed about it on-air. Dolores laughed too, but I wonder if after the broadcast, she had a stink bomb sent to Ed.

Robin

« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2004, 04:09:42 PM »

Should we can the chat tonight?  Can ANYONE make it?  I've only heard from the nays not the yays.

Oh, can the chatter 'bout canning the chat.  I can be there.  And I'm sure others will show up, too.  
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2004, 04:13:33 PM »

Tomovoz, it is the General M.B. Kauffman Building at Ft. Lewis, and, coincidentally, it is also the General M.B. Kauffman Building at Ft. Douglas (SLC, Utah) which houses the Ft. Douglas Military Museum which my father founded.  You Olympics fans saw (but may not have known you had seen) Ft. Douglas during the SLC Olympics, as it was used for the Olympic Village.  Ft. Douglas was saved from destruction by my father.  There is an excellent documentary about Ft. Douglas produced by SLC PBS affiliate which has a very nice and touching segment on my father.  I was a technical consultant on the documentary.  I am very proud of the fact that my father was one of the first, and to this day still one of the only, Jews in American military history to make the rank of General.

Re:  Sherry!.  I have a real live recording of the real live Broadway cast.  I can't currently recall if it's Sanders or Revill, however (methinks Sanders).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura II

« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2004, 04:14:58 PM »

Uncle Woody: I would love to eventually do a theatre night with some people in the area! 'Twould be great fun! :)

Re Chat: I have an essay to write (to send out tomorrow), and as I'm a procrastinator, I started today. I may or may not make it tonight, and if I do, it will be late.
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2004, 04:15:06 PM »

Why, oh why do I actually choose to do these things? ???  Today, I helped my sister and her boyfriend carry one of those Craftsmatic-like Adjustable Beds (actually it was an "Electromatic" brand adjustable bed--"Quality Since 1964!") UP the stairs inside his apartment.  Those things are heavy! :o The real problem (other than the weight of the damn thing) was that his stairs have a corner bend and he has a couple of shelves in the corner which take up maneuvering room.  Trying to get around the corner without gashing up all his records and CDs was not the easiest thing.  But we took it one step at a time (literally).  After getting the darned thing up each step, we had to pause for a minute or so until each of us got our breath.  Where it went, I'll never know. ::)

Anyway, as a thank you, they're taking me out to dinner at a local pizza place. ;D We're going to meet there at 5:00, so I'll probably not be back at 6:00 for the start of chat.  But I'll check in as soon as I get home to see if chat is still going on.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2004, 04:16:35 PM »

I think I may have mentioned this before on the old Board, but Ft. Douglas is the only Fort in American history built to protect the Indians from the settlers (no joke).  The Mormons were threatening to secede from the U.S. and create their own nation due to polygamy being outlawed and the Feds came in to keep everything calm.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 04:28:28 PM by JMK »

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2004, 04:25:55 PM »

Verse 2:
Ohhhhh Tacoma
Where the rooms are all encased in foil
That's aluminum
Now don't play dumb--
To remove it just engage a moyel

(I have no idea what that means, but it rhymes, which seems to be the major criterion for some of the lyrics in Wicked).  :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2004, 04:29:52 PM »

I got the call, we're going to pizza early!  So, I might (mind you, I said might--a Tom Lehrer reference) be able to make it to chat on time.  But I'll definitely log in as soon as I get home.  Until then!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2004, 04:39:20 PM »

I'm in complete agreement that there are individual lines of dialogue in The Maltese Falcon that are pure gems.  And a slew of wonderful character actors, some of whom were also in Casablanca.

What's missing for me is any real emotion watching the film.   I don't find it intriguing, or exciting.  I don't worry what will happen to the characters or give much thought to what might happen next.  Yes, they toss off great bon mots, but the plot's leaving me cold.  (There was no rhyme in that last sentence.)
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Michael

« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2004, 04:39:46 PM »

No chat for me tonight. ALIAS in high definition is on at 9 p.m. First ALIAS in weeks cannot be missed. Supposedly, we're going to find out answers to many of the mysteries we've been puzzling over since the start of this season. Can't wait.

Couldn't you video tape it or TIVO (if you have that) and have it in HiDef?
Never stop dreaming.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2004, 04:42:35 PM »

I will be at chat! Not sure for how LONG, since I should do some homework tonight, but I have two hours to do that at the moment.

BTW I love the book design, BK! Someone made a good comment the other day that the pictures of the book show growing maturity in Benjamin. I STILL have to get Kritzerland!! Agh! One of these days. Can one buy it with cash, or does it have to be credit?

So the spring musical for Broad Run HS this year is *trumpets, drum roll, etc*...............

Camelot.

I've never seen it, but I've heard that, obviously, there are waaaay more male roles than female. Which is a HUGE problem for our school. Should be interesting. I can guarantee I won't get Guenevere, because the girl who was the lead in DRACULA this fall is PERFECT for the role. I'll be aiming a little lower than that, and hoping I'm not in the chorus. Again. (!!!!!!!)

So, Jose, can you give me details? If you'd rather not post them on the board and bore everyone, feel free to email.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2004, 04:45:45 PM by SwishySarah »
...Walk in the sunshine...

Tomovoz

« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2004, 04:44:09 PM »

Thanks for the information JMK. Of course I had to do some thinking before I realised what SLC was. I thought it was South London Council.
James Thurber 1957

JMK

« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2004, 04:46:08 PM »

Tomovoz--what would you do with PDX (that's airport-speak for Portland)?  LOL.

Danise

« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2004, 04:50:15 PM »

PDA, PDF, what do I know from PDs?  I just thought one of our technohainsies might be able to talk you through it.  But, as long as you can read it via scrolling, I guess that's all that counts.

Well, you get points for geting the first two letter right anyway.  I'm teasing you.  It was very nice of you to ask.  I'm not a techie either.   Trekie  but not a Techie by any stretch of the imagination.

I can make chat for a little while.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up