Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME - THE BITCH GODDESS  (Read 18600 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:TIME - THE BITCH GODDESS
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2006, 10:20:33 AM »

Quote from: Ron Pulliam on Today at 11:30:32am
Palindrome -- Two Pals Enter
                      One Pal Leaves!

???

Pal in the room   ;D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2006, 10:21:43 AM »

How do you peopel "double quote" ?  Sometimes I see two differnt posats quoted inthe same post but I dunno how to do it (see above for abject failure)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2006, 10:22:55 AM »

???

Oh, geez.....I guess it was too lame...I was playing off something from "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome:

There was a huge cage in this village in which disputes were settled violently.

It was called Thunderdome.

And the chant of the spectators was

"Two men enter, one man leaves!"

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:32:43 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Danise

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2006, 10:23:28 AM »

HI all!  I made it!  It looks like my wireless network does indeed work inside the building!  Hoo and Ray!

I will gladly make you a copy as I watch the BL for you, VixMom.  It may not go out in the mail until Saturday--I'll need to get to the post office.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2006, 10:24:36 AM »

The laundry is in, and my retired cop neighbor, who smells as if he bathes only once a year whether he needs it or not, has totally polluted the elevator.  The ride from the 3rd floor to the basement and back was not a pleasant one!

Dear Friend BK, I'm told by the US Postal confirmation that your package was delivered to North Hollywood!  I hope it gets to you at some point.

Now that I've finished THE DA VINCI CODE, I do not understand why the Catholic Church has its panties in a bunch.  To say more would reveal spoilers, but I thought the book was a great amusement park ride and I enjoyed it a lot.

I always liked the Greek word peripeteia.  And that favorite word of all great drama queens:  hyperbole!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2006, 10:25:59 AM »

I love the doggie picture.  Humm, looks a lot like someone I know.....  More on that later.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2006, 10:28:23 AM »

DR Elmore, How is your dad?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2006, 10:32:28 AM »

Now that I've finished THE DA VINCI CODE, I do not understand why the Catholic Church has its panties in a bunch.  To say more would reveal spoilers, but I thought the book was a great amusement park ride and I enjoyed it a lot.

Because all the crictics and screamers of "Blasphemy!!" haven't actually READ the book as  they fear it may somehow damage their tiny little minds

vixmom

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2006, 10:38:50 AM »

HI all!  I made it!  It looks like my wireless network does indeed work inside the building!  Hoo and Ray!

Hoo and Ray indeed!  You have been very much missed!!

I will gladly make you a copy as I watch the BL for you, VixMom.  It may not go out in the mail until Saturday--I'll need to get to the post office.

Thank you!!  Please don't rush on my account, whenever it is convenient for you.

vixmom

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2006, 10:39:36 AM »

Danise your "in box" is full!! You popular thing you!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2006, 10:45:58 AM »

DR Elmore, How is your dad?

His spirits seem good, but the prognosis is terrible.  I wait to see how the chemo goes next week.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2006, 10:54:51 AM »

Come To The East Coast All You West Coast HHWr's!!!

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - In another in a series of notable pronouncements, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson says God told him storms and possibly a tsunami will hit America's coastline this year.

Robertson has made the predictions at least four times in the past two weeks on his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network, which he founded.

Robertson said the revelations about this year's weather came to him during his annual personal prayer retreat in January.

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8. On Wednesday, he added, "There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest."

Robertson has come under intense criticism in recent months for suggesting that American agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez and that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for Israel's pullout from the Gaza Strip.
[/size]

vixmom

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2006, 10:56:21 AM »

Oh Larry, I am very sorry to hear this.  Prayers an Vibes continue for both the betterment of his health and the soothing of your soul.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2006, 11:06:31 AM »

Re: the tasks in TAR being physical vs mental.

I actually like the hippies better than the frats. BUt i thought the frats were more deserving. And maybe it's only be, but that last challenge left a really bad taste in my mouth.  Just watching the frats have that lead, and knowing that the hippies were ivy league made it really obvious who was gonna win. And i don't like that.

The thing is, the final task was also physical.  The flag seeker had to run through the field of flags and then carry the flag to where they had to be displayed.  In the cold and in the snow, I bet that part of the challenge wasn't as easy as it looked.

And if the Hippies had the mental advantage, they almost blew it because they didn't immediately recognize the Russian flag.   At one point, they had about seven flags placed wrong as opposed to the two that the Frat Boys had wrong when they first tried to pass.  

In any case, I think that winning that final task depended upon what the teams learned during their recent journeys to the different nations around the world and not what they studied in college.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2006, 11:08:30 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  PAINLESS IN THE NECK VIBES FOR DR JENNIFER  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2006, 11:12:07 AM »

Pal in the room   ;D
Oh, geez.....I guess it was too lame...I was playing off something from "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome:

There was a huge cage in this village in which disputes were settled violently.

It was called Thunderdome.

And the chant of the spectators was

"Two men enter, one man leaves!"

Oh.  I'll accept the lameness if you accept my denseness (densnissity?)

Wessonality!  There's a word you can lift your hat to!
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2006, 11:25:12 AM »

Come To The East Coast All You West Coast HHWr's!!!

"If I heard the Lord right about 2006, the coasts of America will be lashed by storms," Robertson said May 8. On Wednesday, he added, "There well may be something as bad as a tsunami in the Pacific Northwest."

The operative word in that sentence being "may," as in, it might happen or it might not.  Robertson = :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2006, 11:40:56 AM »

There's an article on Playbill.com HERE, that says that the cast recording CD for The Drowsy Chaperone will have two bonus tracks:

At the end of the recording, listeners will hear a bonus track of the full version of the hoary ethnic pastiche "Message From a Nightingale," which figures into the comic show in excerpt form. (The song will not appear in the order it plays in the show; it would spoil the fun to explain further.)

Also added as a bonus track is "I Remember Love," a duet for the butler Underling (played by Edward Hibbert) and Mrs. Tottendale (played by Georgia Engel). The song was cut from the Lisa Lambert-Greg Morrison score prior to Broadway. Underling and Tottendale sing the duet "Love Is Always Lovely" in the show nowadays.

It goes on to say (and this is the cool part), Kurt "Deutsch [Ghostlight Records' president] also confirmed that Ghostlight will release a vinyl version of the cast album for the collector's market. It will not include narration tracks by Man in Chair. The release date has not been determined. Expect it to be a high-priced, limited edition."

What I want to know is how high priced will it be??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2006, 12:18:31 PM »

Gladiator the Musical?!?
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2006, 12:26:46 PM »

Back from rehearsal (got the rest of the play blocked) and a jog.  Trying to deal with a bunch of crap now.

MBarnum

« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2006, 12:33:46 PM »

They equalized the teams so many times last night, it almost bordered on it being unfair.

It just sort of seemed a bit unfair to have a team lose solely because they were not the smartest.

DR Jennifer, I guess I don't understand why it would be unfair to have smarts win the race but not unfair to have physical strength win the race....I think, IMHO, that both intelligence and strength are needed to win the race so either one is equal in the end, and quite necessary.

To me putting the flags of each country in order of which ones they visited was a perfect final challenge which showed what they learned from the experience.

And I agree with DR Dan...I kept cringing when they would let the flags drop onto the ground...I suspect, however, that those guys weren't knowledgeable about flag courtesy.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 12:37:40 PM by MBarnum »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2006, 12:38:43 PM »

WILL AND GRACE has a two-hour exit tonight?  That's about 115 minutes too much!

Ben

« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2006, 12:42:14 PM »

The first hour, from 8-9 is a retrospective. The second hour, from 9-10 is the actual finale.

Ben

« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2006, 12:44:18 PM »

Gladiator The Musical is one of those where I would have to think really hard if I was offered free tickets. If I had a root canal or laser eye surgery or a colonoscopy or some other thing to do I probably would not take the free tickets  ;)

Ben

« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2006, 12:45:45 PM »

Gladiator the Musical!

And they wonder why I got so excited about The Drowsy Chaperone

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2006, 12:47:01 PM »

When dealing with crap, I have always found it best to use a pitchfork.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2006, 01:14:17 PM »

Hmmm... I know some people I would trade for a tank of gas.....

BERLIN - A German woman left her friend as a deposit at a gas station because she did not have enough cash to pay for her gasoline, police said Wednesday.

"She didn't have enough money to pay the bill, so her friend stayed behind as a human deposit while she went to withdraw cash," said a spokesman for police in the southern town of Münchberg. "Unfortunately, the woman did not return."

Two hours after the 20-year-old driver left, the gas station called the police, who interrogated the stranded "deposit" before releasing her. Police are investigating the driver on suspicion of fraud.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2006, 01:23:36 PM »

Had a nice lunch and then came back to cry my way through two excellent dramas from last night.

First up was BONES where the bones of Dr. Brennan's mother (long missing) were discovered. All this led to a nasty investigation in which she found out more about her parents than she ever wanted to know. Soul-gripping and emotion-stirring episode for a season finale.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2006, 01:27:22 PM »

Oh, that Pat Robertson is such a card!

A joker!!

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2006, 01:30:45 PM »

Next up was CSI: NY where Detective Don Flack was injured in a bomb blast, and the team rallied to discover the bomber as well as keeping vigil over his hospital room. Exciting but again achingly moving as Detective Mac Taylor had flashbacks to a marine in his unit who died in his arms.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up