Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SAGA CONTINUES  (Read 30031 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE SAGA CONTINUES
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2006, 03:02:34 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Congrats on the sale of your old house.  Hope it results in a nice windfall for you.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2006, 03:15:15 PM »

Bruce-What did the DMV require to replace your license?  Craig needs to renew his driver’s license and lost his, now expired, license when his wallet was stolen.  One of the first things he wants to do when he arrives is go to the DMV.

Jane

« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2006, 03:22:26 PM »

Cillaliz-I think your instincts were correct to keep the window up.  Congratulations on the house, when is the closing?

Elmore-How fun you reconnected with your friend.  You need fun distractions right now.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2006, 03:24:31 PM »

Topic of the Day:

M*A*S*H*
Private Benjamin
Stripes
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2006, 03:24:40 PM »

That is a little creepy, Cillaliz...I am glad you didn't open your window!

I thought so. Strangers don't usually creep me out, but this one did the whole time I was there. I could see he wasn't taking the trail - it's totally in the open (prairie is like that) so I wasn't worried that he'd sneak up on me but I was watching to see if he'd leave.  I was thinking as I walked back to my car exactly what I needed to do when I got there - get in the car and lock the door immediately.  He was probably just some local or someone harmless, but I wasn't going to find out
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 03:36:08 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2006, 03:26:39 PM »

Danise – You are so sweet and kind to carry the lizard to a more pleasant environment.   :)

I was just thinking the other day how the numerous, and I mean numerous, lizards that live here don’t startle me anymore.  The first summer it was embarrassing how I would jump every time one scurried past me. ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2006, 03:27:30 PM »

Good news that you sold your house, Cillaliz!  Do they still forward mail to you from the old address you do you have a new one?  

I'd like the new address (PM'ed to me of course) if you wouldn't mind.

Yes, they forward first class mail for a year, but I'd be happy to PM you my address

Cillaliz

« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2006, 03:31:41 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Congrats on the sale of your old house.  Hope it results in a nice windfall for you.

No such luck. The market here is really soft. It's very hard to make a profit. I lost a little on it, but not too much. I'm just glad it's sold. There are lots of houses that have been on the market here for a year or more.  So selling it makes me very happy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2006, 03:34:18 PM »

Cillaliz-I think your instincts were correct to keep the window up.  Congratulations on the house, when is the closing?

Elmore-How fun you reconnected with your friend.  You need fun distractions right now.

Closing is the 15th. Does anyone know much about Radon?  They tested the house for Radon and the reading was 3 times the acceptable level. (good thing I'm not there any more) They are buying anyway.  I know radon can cause lung cancer in humans.  I didn't see anything on what effect it can have on pets.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 03:41:08 PM by Cillaliz »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2006, 03:34:57 PM »

I think you are both adorable.

Not only do you need a new hip, you need new glasses! :-*
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2006, 03:38:03 PM »

Not only do you need a new hip, you need new glasses! :-*

Oh please, DR Elmore, like it or not, you are adorable!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2006, 03:38:52 PM »

That's been, with my friends on this site, the highlight of a lousy day; I was supposed to go out tonight, but I have headache and I'm going to bed instead.  Around 3, my sister-in-law called with an update, which I appreciate, but I always get off the phone feeling guilty over being 500 miles from my father and depressed over his health.  One thing I have to say, the decline is continuous and I pray it doesn't accelerate.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2006, 03:44:14 PM »

elmore-you are adorable why else would we name our cuddle bunny after you. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2006, 03:56:09 PM »

Friday night the Vixter and I went to see a local production of Man of La Mancha.

I was quite impressed with the set and the staging and the acting and the singing...it was very well done indeed.

The Vixter absolutely loved it and has demanded that without delay I procure for her a cast recording of the show

THe young lady has excellent taste!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2006, 04:02:34 PM »

I wanted a walk today so I drove up to Spirit Mound.  The Sioux thought it was inhabited by little devils, but Lewis and Clark went there anyway....it's a park now. The trail is about 1 1/2 miles.  Funny, I hate to walk in my neighborhood, but will gladly drive 30 miles to walk there.

Interesting you say that Cilla. IN Nebraska, such mounds were revered by the Pawnee who believed spirit animals resided in them.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2006, 04:06:30 PM »

Being around Paul right now is a trip. He dyed his hair green in New York. Said he was sick of white/gray.   It's faded a bit and this being Iowa where someone well over 50 doesn't normally dye his hair green, everyone is asking if he had problems with the chlorine in a swimming pool. LOL.

Go Paul!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2006, 04:07:41 PM »

Interesting you say that Cilla. IN Nebraska, such mounds were revered by the Pawnee who believed spirit animals resided in them.

It's actually a chalk mound, not a burial mound.   It's one of the few places you can really say Lewis and Clark stood here.  For what that's worth.   A few years ago I participated in a 10 mile hike from the river in Vermillion, SD to the mound.  It was pretty cool. We crossed a river in a canoe and read from the journals a few times. The funny thing was they had a port-a-potty on a trailer behind a pickup truck that followed us on the trip. We also stopped for a catered lunch outside the home of one of the Deans at the University of South Dakota. Somehow I don't think the Corps of Discovery had all that!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2006, 04:09:02 PM »

Congrats on sellling the house Cilla!!  

I am also gald you did not open the window.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2006, 04:10:26 PM »

Topic of the Day:

M*A*S*H*
Private Benjamin
Stripes

George, I see we think alike...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2006, 04:11:43 PM »

Oh please, DR Elmore, like it or not, you are adorable!

I heartily concur Cilla!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2006, 04:13:28 PM »

It's actually a chalk mound, not a burial mound.   It's one of the few places you can really say Lewis and Clark stood here.  For what that's worth.   A few years ago I participated in a 10 mile hike from the river in Vermillion, SD to the mound.  It was pretty cool. We crossed a river in a canoe and read from the journals a few times. The funny thing was they had a port-a-potty on a trailer behind a pickup truck that followed us on the trip. We also stopped for a catered lunch outside the home of one of the Deans at the University of South Dakota. Somehow I don't think the Corps of Discovery had all that!

Sounds like a fun trek...

I doubt the did :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2006, 04:31:24 PM »

Closing is the 15th. Does anyone know much about Radon?  They tested the house for Radon and the reading was 3 times the acceptable level. (good thing I'm not there any more) They are buying anyway.  I know radon can cause lung cancer in humans.  I didn't see anything on what effect it can have on pets.

I remebering seeing the movie when I was a kid.  It was very scary, especially when Radon ate the commuter train car!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2006, 04:31:31 PM »

The latest issue of NEW YORK Magazine has a wonderful quote by film critic David Edelstein about folk like Pat Robertson and his quote that 9/11 happened as the result of gay marriage:  "The people who have put this world in peril believe that God is on their side."

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2006, 04:33:45 PM »

I remebering seeing the movie when I was a kid.  It was very scary, especially when Radon ate the commuter train car!

;D  LOL

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2006, 04:35:33 PM »

Then my guess is the cats are probably safe....they are much too small to even whet his appetite

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2006, 04:41:12 PM »

Then my guess is the cats are probably safe....they are much too small to even whet his appetite

Unless they ride on the commuter train car.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2006, 04:52:00 PM »

If she enjoyed the show, please don't ruin the moment by letting her see the movie!

Here's what I wanna know. Why don't they remake this BAD movie into a good movie, instead of remaking good classic movies into bad movies.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2006, 04:53:47 PM »

Here's what I wanna know. Why don't they remake this BAD movie into a good movie, instead of remaking good classic movies into bad movies.

Great point!!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2006, 04:55:04 PM »

My new oven and stovetop are installed. The stove is fine, but the oven door is larger than the old one and a light switch beside the door blocks the door from opening. Sigh.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: June 05, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »

Jane - I didn't need anything re the license.  You fill out a form, and they just confirm all that info on the computer.  It was very simple.

No new news on the wallet front, so I think whoever took it is not intent on giving it back, which means they should just have a multitude of bad things happen to them for making the world such an unpleasant place.

We got through quite a lot of Kevin's DVD today - the stuff looks great and is cutting very easily.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up