Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SAGA CONTINUES  (Read 29624 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE SAGA CONTINUES
« on: June 05, 2006, 12:09:23 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were a saga and they continued, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're taking part in a saga, as well, and they'll be home as soon as it continues.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 12:38:27 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE SAGA CONTINUES
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 12:10:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: MISANTHROPE!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 12:20:24 AM »

Despite the "darkness" of the show,. I like "Privates on Parade".  It's a while since I watched the TV series "It A'int 'arf Hot Mum" but I remember that as being amusing.

I guess "Allo Allo" just about makes it to being a Service Comedy too. It became a little tired but was funnier for viewers of "The Secret Army" which had the same basis for the show.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 12:31:37 AM »

TOTD... Service comedies, let me think...

Have never seen Sgt. Bilko, sorry. I have heard of it.  Not a fan of Gomer Pyle or McHale's Navy. I have seen those two. They did not hold my interest. I am not a huge fan of a lot of the stuff from the 60s. I prefer the stuff from the late 70s and onward.

The only ones I have seen are two British ones called Dad's Army and Allo, Allo.

M*A*S*H... A classic in my book!!

I really did not watch much TV when I was growing up and when I did watch TV it was usually public telly. We did not get really good telly reception in the area of ND where I grew up in until the early 80s when we finally got basic cable. If the reception was bad due to sunspots, weather changes, etc.,  I did not watch but would read or listen to the radio. Loved to listen to a Canadian station, while I growing up, that would have drama programs. It was great fun to try and imagine the characters in the action they were portraying. Oddly, we could get the Canadian stations better than the American stations. Go figure!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 12:37:15 AM »

Has anyone ever heard of a program called Year of the French?

I have the sound track and would like to see the film.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 12:45:39 AM »

Has anyone ever heard of a program called Year of the French?

I've never heard of it. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 01:21:30 AM »

Well, I'm off.  Later, Tomovoz! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 01:22:37 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~And Vibes for Everyone!!~~~[/move]

(whether you need them or not ;D)

Tomovoz

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 02:04:59 AM »

Thanks  George.  I have a few close friends in need of Vibes -- I shall pass them on. Goodnight.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 04:14:37 AM »

Good morning all!

What a weekend.   I think things finely sort of caught up with me.  Despite having a thousand things to do, I didn't get hardly anything done.  I slept very badly on Saturday night and when I got up on Sunday I felt so tired and out of sorts.  

I tried to drag my weary bones around the house to do what needed doing but I finely caved in and went back to bed to lay down for a half hour.  That was around eleven AM and I woke around four yesterday afternoon!  Yikes!

I feel like I lost a whole day!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 04:18:08 AM »

Vibes for lost wallets to our dear BK!  

I had a purse stolen when I was in Jr. High and like BK, I had a one of kind photo in it of the only grandparent I had ever met (Mom's parents passed away when she was a little girl and my Dad's father passed away years before I was born).   She passed away when I was seven.

I never regreted the lost of the purse itself, but I sure wish I had that picture.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 04:20:23 AM »

Speaking of my Grandmother, did you know that when I was a little girl, she taught me to speak fluent German?  Or so I was told.  I don't remember any of it.

If you don't have someone to practice with, you lose it.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 04:21:19 AM »

Vibes to DR Elmore, his Dad and everyone who needs them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 04:22:18 AM »

Except for Mash, I can't really think of a military comedy just now.  I'll have to think about it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 04:28:59 AM »

Good morning, Elmore!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 04:32:40 AM »

Well, I have some news.  I went in for a haircut and came out missing most of my long hair.  In fact, it is quite short.  In fact, it doesn't even touch my shoulders any longer.

I'm not happy with it but I felt like I needed to get it cut short because of all the hair color and blow drying damage, etc, etc.  Besides, it is summer and it is a lot cooler to have short hair.  

I just want to make it clear that I have every plan on letting it grow back out.

I'm taking my camera to work with me and if I can get someone to take a picture of me with the new do, I shall try to post it this evening on the ride home.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 04:33:43 AM »

Almost to my bus stop.  Have a wonderful day all!  :)  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 04:50:29 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up...  Hmm...

When I opened my eyes, I thought it was already some time around 8:30 or so.  I felt rested, and it felt like I had slept a good chunk of hours - especially since I was in bed by 1:00.  Well, imagine my surprise when I looked at the clock and it was only 6:30!  So...  Since I was feeling rested, I decided to go ahead and put my feet on the floor, and head out into the living room...  And that's where I am now with my laptop and a cup of green tea.  A bowl of cereal is to follow in just a bit...

-And that's my report for now.

*Oh, I am a bit sniffly this morning, but I was already a bit sniffly yesterday, so that's nothing new.  At least to me.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 04:51:07 AM »

Ohh... Just missed DR Danise...

Good Morning, Larry!

Good Morning, Ben!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 04:52:06 AM »

Hmm... Am I feeling "crazy" enough to head down to Trader Joe's to be there when they open... Hmm...

(Most likely not.)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 04:52:37 AM »

DR DakotaCelt - Vibes of Fortitude To You!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 04:55:24 AM »

DR MBarnum - As that poster with the kitten says... "Just Hang In There!"

I hope the Chocolate Muffin was very good!

And, who knows, maybe your insurance adjuster will be a former Bollywood actor who recently relocated to the United States to try out a new career.  Or he could even be a former Sword & Sandal actor from the 1950s!

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 05:00:14 AM »

Good morning, DR Danise!  And good morning, all!  I'm a bit crabby this morning, but it shall pass.  I clearly have a crabby houseguest this morning and that's no fun.  Why couldn't he find a nice local girl ion the West Side with a room for him to occupy occasionally rather than a Russian girl in Hoboken with a father?  I am looking forward tonight to Mr Josh Grisetti's party to celebrate his new sitcom.

I've got about a third of the Moross piece to finish today, and then I will send it back to the copyist this afternoon.  Last night, I had this dream that we were recording a complete GOLDEN APPLE, but the cast stank.

TOD:
  M*A*S*H (film, not series)
  I remember liking RALLY ROUND THE FLAG BOYS many years ago, but I don't know what it looks like today
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 05:01:29 AM »

Ohh... Just missed DR Danise...

Good Morning, Larry!

Good morning, DR Jose!  I would think the crowd at Trader Joe's this morning would be far less than a Sunday crowd.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 05:03:13 AM »

And, who knows, maybe your insurance adjuster will be a former Bollywood actor who recently relocated to the United States to try out a new career.  Or he could even be a former Sword & Sandal actor from the 1950s!

Ohmigod, no!  The number of auto accidents in the Pacific Northwest would quadruple overnight!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 05:16:58 AM »

Ohmigod, no!  The number of auto accidents in the Pacific Northwest would quadruple overnight!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 05:19:45 AM »

TOD:

There were several Carry On... that were most enjoyable. There was even on with Phil Silvers playing a Sgt. Bilko type character.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2006, 05:22:21 AM »

I actually misunderstood TOD. When I saw what people previously posted I had to rethink my choice.

I was going to say ALICE DOESN"T LIVE HERE ANYMORE one of the great service comedies about waitresses.
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2006, 05:27:54 AM »

I actually misunderstood TOD. When I saw what people previously posted I had to rethink my choice.

I was going to say ALICE DOESN"T LIVE HERE ANYMORE one of the great service comedies about waitresses.

I was originally thinking along the same lines, DR Michael S.  ;)

In any case...

The only ones that come to mind right now are:

M*A*S*H*
Mr. Roberts
Teahouse of the August Moon
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2006, 05:28:38 AM »

To be a MISANTHROPE will PAIN HER MOST.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up