Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT  (Read 34165 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
« Reply #150 on: June 07, 2006, 01:37:42 PM »

Next up was last night's BOSTON LEGAL. I was surprised at the outcome of Alan Shore's case, and Denny's marriage was funny and ultimately a little touching.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: June 07, 2006, 01:40:15 PM »

Page Six Eric Dance!!!!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #152 on: June 07, 2006, 01:42:12 PM »

Dang, I missed this.  Iwill have to catch the reruns on Comedy Central this evening

I caught the rerun this afternoon.  Jon Stewart was great and insisted on framing it as a human rights issue.

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: June 07, 2006, 01:42:45 PM »

I finshed the afternoon with the first hour length episode of MURDER SHE WROTE. I watched the first season DVD set when I first got it, but I skipped the first disc of the set thinking it contained just the 2 hour pilot episode. Nope it had that plus two hour long episodes. I don't remember ever seeing this first hour length episode, but I must have seen it at some down through the years. Guest stars included Howard Duff, Ann Lockhart, Claude Aikens, and the ever-gorgeous Dack Rambo.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: June 07, 2006, 01:44:08 PM »

With BONES not coming on tonight, I'll be watching DVDs all evening. I have another MURDER SHE WROTE cued up, and then I'm going to rewatch PANIC ROOM.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #155 on: June 07, 2006, 01:44:56 PM »

Meeting vibes for Vixmom.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2006, 01:52:57 PM »

I'm kinda hankerin' to watch "The Crusades" by DeMille with Loretta Young.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2006, 01:55:26 PM »

Back from lunch...at Chevy's.

Had a BBQ Chicken Southwest salad...tasty.

It would be been even tastier had we been able to partake of the special Watermelon Margaritas...but, alas!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #158 on: June 07, 2006, 02:07:59 PM »

Vixmom, you asked what Bollywood movies that the Vixter might enjoy...I have come up with two that she may like (although there are, I am sure, tons of goods ones she would like...).

KOI MIL GAYA is a remake of E.T. It was a huge hit and a sequel is in the works as I type this.

I have not seen the movie, but JRand55 has...he may better be able to tell you how good it is.

Here is a nice description of the movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koi..._Mil_Gaya

MBarnum

« Reply #159 on: June 07, 2006, 02:14:54 PM »

Another Bollywood movie that she might like is PHIR HERA PHERI. This one I have seen and it was a very funny comedy from last year....and also a big hit...and also a sequel is soon to be released....some really nice dance and song numbers.

I don't recall any particularly adult matter in this film...suitable for the whole family, I believe.

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: June 07, 2006, 02:22:26 PM »

Meeting vibes for DR Vixmom!

The one I attended this afternoon included a shouting match between 2 of my co-workers. Oy.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2006, 02:26:15 PM »

Meeting vibes for VIXMOM - Vibes for no shouting matches and a successful outcome

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2006, 02:30:16 PM »

DR Laura, did you know there was a haboob south of Phoenix!   LOL, I hadn't heard that term before.  Yes, I'm just sitting here watching the weather channel.

ha·boob n. A penetrating sandstorm or dust storm with violent winds, occurring chiefly in Arabia, North Africa, and India.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2006, 02:33:15 PM »

This is a haboob (or is it an haboob)

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2006, 02:38:35 PM »

I'm kinda hankerin' to watch "The Crusades" by DeMille with Loretta Young.

George Cukor used to tell the story that Loretta Young's acting in this movie was less than wonderful. "You gotta save the world for Christianity; you gotta," she is alleged to say in the film according to Cukor. I've never seen the movie, so I don't know if his story is accurate or not.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2006, 02:39:06 PM »

Haboob is such a fun word to say. My mom was watching the weather thing on T.V. yesterday and there was a shot of the haboob. I said, "Is that the haboob?" And then the weather girl said, "Here is the haboob."

I guess you had to be there.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2006, 02:41:49 PM »

Haboob is such a fun word to say. My mom was watching the weather thing on T.V. yesterday and there was a shot of the haboob. I said, "Is that the haboob?" And then the weather girl said, "Here is the haboob."

I guess you had to be there.

LOL, DR Sandra. I love it when the people on TV answer my questions. Doesn't happen very often but when it does it cracks me up.

A couple hours ago the weather channel showed some video and said it was Iowa City, they just showed the same video and said it was Wisconsin. LOL....I guess you're not supposed to keep checking in.  (We may get some storms, so I'm checking the weather - we haven't had rain in about a month so I'm hoping....)

FJL

« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2006, 02:42:35 PM »

Yes, but is there any word more fun to say than "bulbenick," a potato concoction that was one of my Mom's specialties (as discussed here in answers to a TOD a few weeks ago).  You can not only say it, but you can eat it, too.

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2006, 02:44:37 PM »

I drove by a couple of the houses I looked at last December...They are still on the market!  A loan officer at my bank told me today her friends had a house that's been on the market for well over a year....I'll take a small loss....on the 15th the deal on the old house should be signed sealed and delivered. I am most happy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 02:45:12 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2006, 02:46:10 PM »

Yes, but is there any word more fun to say than "bulbenick," a potato concoction that was one of my Mom's specialties (as discussed here in answers to a TOD a few weeks ago).  You can not only say it, but you can eat it, too.

Did you provide a recipe for this bulbenick concoction?  If not....could you?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

Well, I'm going to go political here for a moment and say that much as I believe in freedom of the press, someone needs to boycott the publisher of that moron Ann Coulter for recycling the same hatred and warmongering.  Or a bunch of us liberals on whom that she heaps her abuse and scorn should pay to have the braces on her brain adjusted so she can open that tiny mind a bit.  She can quote God and country all she wants but I know God is not on that bitch's side.

Oh, yes, this is all in reference to her latest diatribe over the 9/11 victims in her new book CLUELESS!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 02:50:39 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2006, 02:48:09 PM »

SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED was the name of the revue of Stevie Wonder songs that I saw at the Venetian Hotel Showroom in Vegas, which was directed by Billy Porter and which starred Chaka Khan.

Cilla's post just reminded me of that.

FJL

« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2006, 02:52:52 PM »

I don't seem to be able to find a recipe on google, but I see that it's actually spelled "bulbenik."  Glad I didn't get that word in a spelling bee.

The one important ingredient, as my mom would say, is that she made it with love.

FJL

« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2006, 02:55:04 PM »

MEETING VIBES TO VIXMOM!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2006, 02:56:17 PM »

SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED was the name of the revue of Stevie Wonder songs that I saw at the Venetian Hotel Showroom in Vegas, which was directed by Billy Porter and which starred Chaka Khan.

Cilla's post just reminded me of that.

I'll be singing "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" as soon as it is.....  

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2006, 02:57:18 PM »

I don't seem to be able to find a recipe on google, but I see that it's actually spelled "bulbenik."  Glad I didn't get that word in a spelling bee.

The one important ingredient, as my mom would say, is that she made it with love.

That's really sweet. And it is a very important ingredient

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2006, 02:58:23 PM »

Well, I'm going to go political here for a moment and say that much as I believe in freedom of the press, someone needs to boycott the publisher of that moron Ann Coulter for recycling the same hatred and warmongering.  Or a bunch of us liberals on whom that she heaps her abuse and scorn should pay to have the braces on her brain adjusted so she can open that tiny mind a bit.  She can quote God and country all she wants but I know God is not on that bitch's side.

Oh, yes, this is all in reference to her latest diatribe over the 9/11 victims in her new book CLUELESS!

Couldn't agree more...I just looked at the cover and almost got sick.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2006, 02:58:43 PM »

The film KINGS AND QUEEN (Rois et Reine) goes on too long, but I enjoyed its humor and humanity.  The father's death from stomach cancer was hitting a bit too close to home, but there were some funny and emotional moments.  the cast was excellent.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2006, 02:59:17 PM »

Better run, I'm going to make shrimp for dinner.  BK's shrimp last night made me hungry for it

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2006, 03:00:20 PM »

Most excellent vibes and xylophones for vixmom.

We've had about eight orders today - nowhere near yesterday, obviously, but it's still only mid-day.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up