Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT  (Read 33081 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
« on: June 07, 2006, 12:17:18 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were wise and sage, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - I'm told that tonight's the night for sure.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:54:12 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 12:20:26 AM »

And the word of the day is: MENSURABLE!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 03:58:24 AM »

And I am the second post at 6:56am

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 04:41:10 AM »

Good morning, all!  I hope today is a more peaceful one for all of us.  I have a morning with some Herbert edits, and then it's anybody's guess.

DR MBarnum, that's a mighty shiney face in that new avatar!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 05:19:55 AM »

Wow, that's great news about the brisk sales for DECEIT.

Ben

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 05:32:55 AM »

Good Morning Fred and Larry!

Just popped in to see what's going on before I go back to the Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation.

It's drizzling here in NYC. I saw on the weather today that DR Laura may have temperatures as high as 105. Ugh. I don't care if it's a dry heat. Hell is Hell  ;)

No offense Laura  ;D

Ben

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 05:33:18 AM »

I must now listen to Donald and the Trio.

Jennifer

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 05:47:21 AM »

Hey today on the TODAY SHOW (NBC) at 8:15am- 8:20am there is a segment called "breaking up with your friend". I did not see it, but saw the heading up on the screen (it was concluding at 8:25am).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 06:02:32 AM »

Good Morning!

Well, at this point and time in New York City - Uptown/West Harlem and 8:56am - it is now raining.  However, it might still be drizzling down in Chelsea where DR Ben is located. Ah, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 06:05:49 AM »

bk - Methinks you need a good old-fashioned trip to the grocery store to stock your cupboard and fridge so that you don't have to make a nightly trip out for whatever you may end up eating for dinner.  -And, remember, never go to the grocery store when you're hungry, or you may end up putting "stuff" in your cart that you shouldn't put in there (right now, at least).  A list is a good idea.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 06:07:32 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 06:37:16 AM »

I saw on the weather today that DR Laura may have temperatures as high as 105. Ugh. I don't care if it's a dry heat. Hell is Hell  ;)

No offense Laura  ;D

Oh, a nice cool day! That'll be great!

A couple of days ago it was 112F.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 06:37:59 AM »

Good morning all.  I ahve nothing to say except it is wet, cold  and grey outside and I wish I was in my nice warm bed.

That is all
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 06:39:51 AM »

Oh, a nice cool day! That'll be great!

A couple of days ago it was 112F.

;D  See its all in the eye of the beholder!

My inlaws in northwest Canada are always complaining when they have "blistering hot days" in the lower 80's!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 06:45:13 AM »

I had a strange dream last night.

It sort of hinged upon the Disney Princesses, but had to do with their princes.

They were thinking of forming an a capella quartet.  Beast was the obvious choice for singing base.  Ariel's Eric bowed out, since he's a flute player, not a singer.  Snow White's Prince was the obvious high tenor.  But then the arguing started.  Cinderella's Charming, Aurora's Phillip, and Jasmine's Aladdin couldn't work out among themselves which were the best choices for being in the quartet, and who would sing what parts.  They couldn't agree to try being a quintet.

Sad, how things get ugly.  Whoda thunk this group would have testosterone problems.

So, esteemed BK, what do you think of a capella groups?  Impressed, take a pass, middling to so-so?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 06:48:28 AM »

There is a helicopter over my house. It is 6:45 a.m. It is loud.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 06:50:56 AM »

I have to disagree with DR Jose.  Heading to the store on a nightly basis is the best way to make sure you get the freshest veggies, and that you're eating what you truly want to eat.  The trick is to limit yourself to buying what you need for now (with the exception of staples) and not to stock up on junk.  I rarely plan dinner ahead for even a day ahead.  And cook fresh food, not that pre-packaged stuff.

And, whenever I get really sick and tired of my own cooking, that's when I get der Brucer to take me out to dinner.  Which is a good thing to do every once in a while, since there are no distractions and we have very lovely conversations at those times.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 06:53:36 AM »

I had a strange dream last night.

It sort of hinged upon the Disney Princesses, but had to do with their princes.

They were thinking of forming an a capella quartet.  Beast was the obvious choice for singing base.  Ariel's Eric bowed out, since he's a flute player, not a singer.  Snow White's Prince was the obvious high tenor.  But then the arguing started.  Cinderella's Charming, Aurora's Phillip, and Jasmine's Aladdin couldn't work out among themselves which were the best choices for being in the quartet, and who would sing what parts.  They couldn't agree to try being a quintet.

Sad, how things get ugly.  Whoda thunk this group would have testosterone problems.

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 06:53:40 AM »

It is wet here in Rehoboth Beach.  It's been that way ever since the weekend, and promises to stay wet up through Friday.

We've needed the rain.  Everything is wonderfully green now.  

Ben

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 06:56:16 AM »

I realized after I clicked on the Radio Show that it was last week's and I already heard it. Not that it wasn't worth listening to again but instead I put in my Highlights CD of Unsung Irving Berlin. I do love that last number, If You Haven't Got an Ear for Music. What a good way to get the morning moving. I know it was the theme to the "other" radio show but it's still a great track.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 07:21:29 AM »

I have to disagree with DR Jose.  Heading to the store on a nightly basis is the best way to make sure you get the freshest veggies, and that you're eating what you truly want to eat.  The trick is to limit yourself to buying what you need for now (with the exception of staples) and not to stock up on junk.  I rarely plan dinner ahead for even a day ahead.  And cook fresh food, not that pre-packaged stuff.

And, whenever I get really sick and tired of my own cooking, that's when I get der Brucer to take me out to dinner.  Which is a good thing to do every once in a while, since there are no distractions and we have very lovely conversations at those times.

Well...  As long as bk buys fresh veggies each time he goes out to forage for his supper... Instead of In-N-Out, Marie Callendar's, Jerry's Deli, Ghengis Kohen, etc., etc., etc...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 07:21:35 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  Last night, I gave in to the eye drops and went to bed at 9:30.  My eyes are back to normal this morning.

Today is my last work day until next Tuesday.  Tomorrow, my mom and I are driving to Bloomington/Normal, Illinois, to visit my niece Laura in her new condo.  Friday morning, I'm off to Naperville for the Great Lakes Regional Conference of the American Association of University Women, which lasts until Sunday afternoon and where I will meet up with 3 of my friends from our Middletown AAUW branch.  Sunday afternoon, back to Laura's to watch the Tony Awards and take her out Monday morning for a birthday breakfast before Mom and I head back to Ohio.  A restful long weekend?  I think not.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 07:23:03 AM »

-Otherwise, I tend to be a daily shopper too when it comes to veggies, meat and fish.  However, sometimes what was "fresh" one day is still on the shelf - and still "fresh" - the day after... or the day the after that.  Of course, that all depends on the store and how they stock and re-stock their shelves.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 07:26:02 AM »

-And if BK were to go to In-N-Out Burger, would he order off the Secret Menu?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 07:38:51 AM »

Ooh the secrete menu.  I've heard tell of it, but never tried to order from it.  Maybe this summer if and when we make it out to california.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 07:41:16 AM »

Speaking of California- Rodz and I generally make a trip out there over the week of July 4th.  This year I had been holding off on booking it because I was in the process of interviewing for a job and wanted to see if I was offered the position before committing to travel plans that might be incompatible.  But the interview process lasted over a month, and I have now been waiting an additional 3 1/2 weeks to hear back.  At this point, we should just book the vacation, right?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 07:41:52 AM »

It's another rainy and overcast day in NYC.  How am I supposed to muster up the energy to go to they gym in this weather??

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2006, 07:46:23 AM »

Good morning!

No rain in sight here. Sad to say, it IS heatying back up alarmingly fast. At this point the last few days, it was still in the 60s here. This morning at this time, it's 76 already with 85 for the high. Well, it IS June, so I guess I can't expect cool nights AND cool days. As long as the nights are cool and some windows can be opened, I'm happy.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2006, 07:47:18 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Very overcast here.  I've never seen the Secret Menu, but none of it is that interesting - too much meat.

The trick to the Deceit sales is for them to remain brisk, so today will be interesting in that regard.  We've had two orders already.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 07:47:48 AM »

And, of course, other titles benefit, too, because I also had additional orders for Starfighter and the STAGE CD.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2006, 07:49:06 AM »

Well, I certainly keep the pantry stocked with canned fruit, granola bars, and keep some frozen yogurt and/or low fat ice cream in the freezer for those times when I need something to tide me over until the next day's meals.

Once I settle in for the evening, I really don't like to go back out unless it's absolutely necessary.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up