Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT  (Read 33854 times)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
Re:TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
« Reply #210 on: June 07, 2006, 04:45:44 PM »

I am starving people! Can someone please fax me a cheeseburger?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 04:45:54 PM by TPunk »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #211 on: June 07, 2006, 04:48:18 PM »

Yes, we had a haboob. And it looks like another haboob is coming tonight. I posted a photo last night of the haboob from my house.

DR Vixmom, good luck on your meeting. I hope it is not as long as the meetings I go to!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: June 07, 2006, 04:49:34 PM »

Here TPunk

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: June 07, 2006, 04:50:24 PM »

Yes, we had a haboob. And it looks like another haboob is coming tonight. I posted a photo last night of the haboob from my house.

DR Vixmom, good luck on your meeting. I hope it is not as long as the meetings I go to!

DR Laura, I saw the photo last night, but didn't realize it was a haboob.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #214 on: June 07, 2006, 04:56:45 PM »

Thanks Vixmom, I have been stewing on this for a few days.  Although I especially enjoyed Jon Stewart's and Stephen Colbert's coverage of this last night.  If the american government is truly concerned about protecting marriage, they would make divorce illegal, or make re-marriage illegal.  Only one time folks so make it count.  Or if they wanted to go broader and really wanted to address the issues that were really and truly impacting and tearing down the institution of marriage, they would address unemployment, wage inequality, the minimum wage, the shipping of jobs oversees, the education crisis, and any number of other issues that this marriage amendment is trying to cover up.  For crying out loud, how is attacking monogamous gay couples going to impact any of the real issues hurting marriage?

My rant:

Okay, what really gets me is when the religious people say that marriage is such a "sacred" institution, but ANY two (different-sexed) people can go into any justice o' the peace, pay their $2 and get married with nary a mention of any religious deity.  It's a completely secular legal contract between two people...and the only one that I know of (not that I've done any research) that specifies a gender.  Why don't non-discrimination-based-on-gender laws kick in??  

AND if the religious people TRULY want to make "marriage" a sacred institution, why aren't they fighting their little Christian hearts out to make it illegal for athiests to get married??  Huh??  And if hetero-marriage is so important for the raising of children, why can't gay people who specifically DON'T want children (such as I) be allowed to get married since children aren't in the picture, at all??  OR what about hetero-couples who get married specifically without the intent to have children?  Why is that allowed??

End of rant...thank you. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #215 on: June 07, 2006, 04:57:14 PM »

Cilla I was rather amazed by the picture....

BTW, I am hungry....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #216 on: June 07, 2006, 04:59:47 PM »

Warning: Rant here....

Ann Coulter has always irritated me...  Granted it is America but I have felt that our founding fathers wanted religious tolerance. I may not agree with people's beliefs but I do respect them on the same provision they respect mine. Heck, I even have an open mind to learn something about different religions and it amazing.  
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #217 on: June 07, 2006, 05:04:16 PM »

Well, I'm going to go political here for a moment and say that much as I believe in freedom of the press, someone needs to boycott the publisher of that moron Ann Coulter for recycling the same hatred and warmongering.  Or a bunch of us liberals on whom that she heaps her abuse and scorn should pay to have the braces on her brain adjusted so she can open that tiny mind a bit.  She can quote God and country all she wants but I know God is not on that bitch's side.

Oh, yes, this is all in reference to her latest diatribe over the 9/11 victims in her new book CLUELESS!

DR Elmore, I've been feeling the same way all day.  I am especially seething right now at NBC.  They ran a report at the end of the evening news about crossing the line of civility in reference to the psycho bitch's inane comments on yesterday's Today show.  I ask, why does NBC continually give this harpy opportunities to air her hateful messages?  Every time she farts out a book, she makes an appearance on the Today show, usually resulting with the host trying to confront her half-heartedly.  Then, of course, she gets to go on Fox and laugh about how ineffective the liberals on Today (and the media in general) were in trying to bring her down.  Stop giving her a platform!  Let her crank out her junk and let the a-holes who want to seek it out buy it.  But stop giving this hatemonger a wider audience to spread her brand of malevolence.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #218 on: June 07, 2006, 05:06:45 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  EXCELLENT MEETING VIBES FOR DR VIXMOM  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #219 on: June 07, 2006, 05:08:18 PM »

After looking at the cover of her book on amazon.com, I think someone should fax AC several cheeseburgers.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2006, 05:12:21 PM »

Haboob Bulbenik--that's the name of my new Turkish detective character who will star in a series of murder mysteries (the first of which will be entitled THE IMPALED HATEMONGER.)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 05:12:55 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #221 on: June 07, 2006, 05:29:59 PM »

ASK BK or anyone else

Can an accapella musical be performed on Broadway without having to pay for an non existent orchestra?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #222 on: June 07, 2006, 05:33:32 PM »

Quote:
Keanu Reeves says he's lonely and wants to get married and have children, in an upcoming issue of Parade magazine

Any takers?

It could only mean one thing. He has a movie coming out and once again needs to divert the Is he gay question.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #223 on: June 07, 2006, 05:40:48 PM »

One more question for all:

Does anyone know when the new special editions of South Pacific, The King and I and Carousel are supposed to be released? (I thought they all ready were but I cannot seem to find a copy of them)
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #224 on: June 07, 2006, 05:44:16 PM »

Good Evening!

Please make the rain stop!

-Of course, the one day this week that I actually had to head out it would be raining continuously.  My jeans ended up getting soaked after just walking the three blocks from James' office to the subway.  And I even had an umbrella with me.  So...

I'm back at my apartment, and just made/had some coffee.  I broke in my new coffee grinder - 1/2 Mexican (caffeinated), 1/2 Colombian (decaf).  Quite tasty.

Other than the rain, it's been a pretty good day.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: June 07, 2006, 05:51:09 PM »

...The auditions were fun.  And little tiring on the ears.

They had just called a few guys in to read and sing for Gaston in Beauty & The Beast.  Some good singers.  No truly ideal one, but, then again, I'm not the one who has to make the casting decisions.

Then came those tapping feet for 42nd Street.  We saw some very good men this afternoon.  Alas, being in a room filled with 12 tap dancers can be a little "loud".  As the choreographer was teaching the combinations, it was "bad enough" hearing all the non-unison taps... However, as soon as everyone got up to speed...  The sound of 12 heels and toes doing slams all at the same time... WOW!  Made my head hurt after a while.  -The choreographer was also teaching the original Gower Champion choreography - very fast, surprisingly syncopated, LOTS of sound!

Again, it was a good dance call, but I was soooo in need of some quiet after leaving the studio.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: June 07, 2006, 05:51:47 PM »

DR TPunk - What's your fax number?  -And would you prefer your cheeseburger faxed in black and white or color?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #227 on: June 07, 2006, 05:52:02 PM »

A local woman (the Shoreline area of Seattle) was preparing to take her lunch yesterday.  She reached into a bag of grapes from the grocery store and discovered a Black Widow spider sleeping with the grapes.  She got it into a jar and took it to Seattle's Woodland Park where they confimed that it was indeed a Black Widow, and very much alive.  So much for those delicious Chilean grapes.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #228 on: June 07, 2006, 05:55:26 PM »

George, will you please help me resize a picture for my avatar?  ;D

Never mind. My brother helped me. He's good for something after all.  :o    :P
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 06:43:16 PM by Sandra »
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #229 on: June 07, 2006, 06:00:08 PM »

OH!

And I picked up my ticket for Sunday night's Tony Awards!  I'll be in Row T, Seat 508.  I'll be in the rear of the orchestra section - the seating at Radio City starts with the double-letters (AA, BB, CC, etc.) and then goes to the single letters - but at least I'm not all the way over to the right of the section.

The ticket does request "Black Tie", so I'm going to head out tomorrow and find a tux.  I'll probably end up renting one, but if I find a deal, I may end up buying one.  We shall see.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #230 on: June 07, 2006, 06:10:16 PM »

DR Jose - I'm so excited that you'll be at the Tony Awards!  My mom and I will be at my niece Laura's - we'll all be watching.  I'm going to request that my mom make clam dip.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #231 on: June 07, 2006, 06:11:44 PM »

ASK BK or anyone else

Can an accapella musical be performed on Broadway without having to pay for an non existent orchestra?

The short answer is: Yes.

For the long answer - which is also: Yes - you should be able to find more info at www.local802afm.org.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #232 on: June 07, 2006, 06:15:04 PM »

It rained tonight. In June. DR Cillaliz, having lived in Phoenix, will also be stunned. It does NOT rain in June. Ever.

If this had happened yesterday, I'd have said it was a sign from the devil.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #233 on: June 07, 2006, 06:16:43 PM »

...However, the singing actors would all still have to be member of Actors' Equity Association.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: June 07, 2006, 06:30:27 PM »

Question for DR Ron Pulliam et al...

After winning a bunch of items on e-Bay, how many of them do you put on display? and how many of them go into storage?  And/or do you rotate your memorabilia?
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #235 on: June 07, 2006, 06:33:36 PM »

Vibes for Vixmom!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: June 07, 2006, 06:37:13 PM »

Well, I actually got the news of today's meeting early and it's now official:

The Brain From Planet X will be opening in a full production in December!

Mazel tov!
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #237 on: June 07, 2006, 06:45:47 PM »

George, will you please help me resize a picture for my avatar?  ;D

Never mind. My brother helped me. He's good for something after all.  :o    :P
« Last Edit: Today at 06:43:16pm by Sandra »

Your "Last edit" message says 6:43 and my clock says 6:39.  Hmm...what's going on here?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #238 on: June 07, 2006, 06:52:48 PM »

OH!

And I picked up my ticket for Sunday night's Tony Awards!  I'll be in Row T, Seat 508.  I'll be in the rear of the orchestra section - the seating at Radio City starts with the double-letters (AA, BB, CC, etc.) and then goes to the single letters - but at least I'm not all the way over to the right of the section.

The ticket does request "Black Tie", so I'm going to head out tomorrow and find a tux.  I'll probably end up renting one, but if I find a deal, I may end up buying one.  We shall see.

Jose, if you can find a deal, you'll have the tux for all the future Tony Award shows and other galas I'm sure you'll be going to in the future

Cillaliz

« Reply #239 on: June 07, 2006, 06:54:41 PM »

It rained tonight. In June. DR Cillaliz, having lived in Phoenix, will also be stunned. It does NOT rain in June. Ever.

If this had happened yesterday, I'd have said it was a sign from the devil.

I agree DR Laura! August during the monsoons, yes, not June
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up