Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEET SMELL OF CABARET  (Read 19867 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:SWEET SMELL OF CABARET
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2006, 06:50:09 PM »

Is your father aware of what is going on?  

Yes he is and he is going to let her play her game for it has been decided in the will... If he did sell the land it would be to me or my sisters first or to a cousin who rents it and only after my mother dies.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: August 06, 2006, 06:50:22 PM »

he laughs at what we call her
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: August 06, 2006, 06:50:23 PM »

I have always hated hair spray & haven't used it since I was 18.  A few times since then I have had short hair, mostly I like it left long to longer.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #123 on: August 06, 2006, 06:51:15 PM »

Hair spray does not work in my hair really well. I have baby fine hair but a lot of it...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2006, 06:51:50 PM »

I remember when I went into the bathrooms in the dorm you nearly needed a gas mask for the hair spray would be a layer in the air literally

Jane

« Reply #125 on: August 06, 2006, 06:52:55 PM »

It sounds as if your parents have everything in order & the people they care about will be protected from your Aunt Vulture.  Amazing she even thinks she has rights over your mother or you & your siblings.

How is your father feeling?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #126 on: August 06, 2006, 06:55:40 PM »

He is feeling good but he knows it is only a matter of time.. He wants to continue farming and I am support him on that even though I have a sister that is against the idea.

He has always been a farmer and it is in his blood. I say let him do it as long as he is able to...

He does not qualify for some of the treatments but he wants to try some new treatment a bit to see if it works to at least prolong his life.

Aside from that he is your typical ornery and cantankerous farmer is not happy with the lack of rain...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2006, 06:57:04 PM »

I had thought about going to NYC to meet up with the hainsies but with my dad being uncertain, I dont feel comfortable going. Rochester says weeks to months and Roger Maris Cancer Centre in FArgo is saying 6 to 8 months.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2006, 06:58:29 PM »

He is dealing with it in his own way... Everyone deals with things differently.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2006, 07:05:25 PM »

Back from a nice lunch and a fun little post-cabaret get-together.  It looks like I may be directing and putting together two new one-person shows - I'll know for sure by the end of the week, although it seems it's a done deal for both.  So, that will be occupying me for the next couple of months and then a bit more after the first of the year.  Doesn't pay much, but I enjoy it nonetheless, and I'm fond of the two people involved.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2006, 07:07:31 PM »

Dakota-at least he feels okay, good vibes he stays that way.  

I had multiple trips & activities planned prior to my father going into the hospital.  If they hadn’t been planned with other couples and pre-paid we would have cancelled.  Surprisingly I managed every trip but they weren’t relaxing.  My suggestion is not to plan anything you can’t easily cancel.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2006, 07:08:25 PM »

Bruce-did you mean dinner? ;D

Jane

« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2006, 07:09:13 PM »

I need to finish reading this month’s choice for my book discussion group.   We are reading THE NAMESAKE by Jhumpa Lhiri.  I am not a fan of her writing & just don’t get her popularity.  

‘night.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2006, 07:10:43 PM »

If you ever had a mullet?

Actually the closest I ever came was my hair as Buffalo Bill (see picture).  I guess you really can't see the back of it.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2006, 07:11:09 PM »

I'm having fun watching the cats.  The report is they did well while I was gone.  Neither one seemed too excited that I was home, but are now playing in the livingroom with me.  I think it's a good sign. They are bonding to each other which is what needed to happen

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2006, 07:11:20 PM »

Being fond of those you are working with is worth more than $$ sometimes....if not ALL the time.

Start spreading the news - we have found ONE black actor....and so the show goes on.....as does the search.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2006, 07:11:45 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR (and fellow SS contributor) TD!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2006, 07:12:17 PM »

Good luck with putting together the one-person shows...

You have a great knack for a successful product!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2006, 07:12:23 PM »

I am having a Beach Party movie series night.....love the music....love Annette....so so about Frankie....

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2006, 07:12:41 PM »

Happy Birthday TD

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2006, 07:12:43 PM »

Vibes for the fathers of DRs DAKOTA CELT & ELMORE.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2006, 07:13:14 PM »

No one thinks it's unseemly for an attorney to live in Sioux City?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2006, 07:13:32 PM »

I think I will limit travel to day trips and over night weekends ...

Jane

« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2006, 07:14:40 PM »

Cillaliz & Jrand  :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2006, 07:14:51 PM »

Jrand, great news on the black actor trying out...

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2006, 07:15:11 PM »

No one thinks it's unseemly for an attorney to live in Sioux City?

LOL!! Would you believe that's the first time I ever put that together?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2006, 07:15:25 PM »

Thanks for the vibes Jrand...

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2006, 07:16:16 PM »

Vibes from me, too Dakota

Ginny

« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2006, 07:17:09 PM »

Ugh - I have spent considerable time the past two days rearranging my study corner to incorporate an additional bookcase and to acquire a work space that's not also my computer desk.  A lot of dust has been churned up and many papers shredded.  Think I'll like the new arrangement, but I need to quit for tonight.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »

I forgot to get the chocolate pie recipe, but I did have another slice at lunch.  It was very tasty
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up