Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TRIP  (Read 34676 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:THE TRIP
« Reply #180 on: September 23, 2006, 05:41:54 PM »

Thank goodness you mentioned Debbie Gibson.  I was starting to have terrible visions of Marion Ross singing "Mein Herr."

Better than Tom Bosley in drag!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: September 23, 2006, 05:44:31 PM »

Re Anna Rexic - Denial is a wonderful thing, ladies and germs.  

Apparently, according to Continental's list, you can bring lipstick and chapstick.  I do agree that this crap has gone too far.  Why don't they just ban EVERYTHING - luggage, computers, cells, underwear - I mean, really, where does it end - especially when they're told by experts that the plan could not have happened the way Homeland Security thinks.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 05:45:05 PM by bk »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #182 on: September 23, 2006, 05:45:32 PM »

DR Matt---I have the sense that you are a TV connoisseur. Do you every watch "The Closer"? (I work on it, but don't be afraid to say if you hate it!)

Hate it? It's the best damn thing on TV!

der Brucer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #183 on: September 23, 2006, 05:50:16 PM »

No toothpaste or shampoo in your carry-on either.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2006, 05:55:28 PM »

JOE TAKES A TRIP

The reason that Joe did not join us is that he has taken a little vacation.  He just needed to get away from assorted problems here--not from me, I assure you!--and we both thought a change of environment might help, since he is so often alone at home due to his illness.

He had some trepidation about traveling alone, not having done that since he became handicapped some seventeen years ago.  But I arranged for wheelchairs at the airports and booked him for two weeks at a small gay and lesbian resort on St. Croix.

Well, aside from some problems with the heat, he is having a wonderful time.  The first day he met a very nice gay couple from Ohio, and they became fast friends, eating together every day and seeing a bit of the island.

They returned to Ohio last week and they and I have exchanged some e-mails since.  They are originally from Seattle, and one of them used to bartend at the Jade Pagoda there--ring a bell to any of our Pacific Northwest contingent?

The last few days Joe his been palling around with a lady who works at the resort (it being off-season, there are very few guests), and she had been showing him the sites most tourists don't see, winding roads through the jungle, a mountain top from which you can see Puerto Rico.  We are already planning to book a trip there for both of us in January.

There is a webcam at the Sand Castle where he is staying and here is the link.  If you click it right now, it will be black (it's nighttime, folks), but try it tomorrow and you will see the beach and perhaps Joe taking a morning dip.  I will attach below a sunset I downloaded last week.

Joe is coming back on Wednesday, and I think we will both need to spend the weekend hugging and making up for lost time.  Two weeks of the bachelor life has been fun, but I miss him and he misses me.

He will be so happy to learn that Tomovoz thought of him when he was packing to come here.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2006, 05:58:51 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2006, 06:00:04 PM »

Is that too much Cinerama (American spelled inside out)?  If so, I can crop the picture.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

François de Paris

« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2006, 06:02:37 PM »

Well, I don't know about you, folks, (might be my upbringing, who knows?) but I find BK's pun "Anna Rexic" -- which he's used before! Reruns I guess! -- quite tasteless, to say the least!

But call me biaised; I'm quite fond of Anna! Oh, not that BK does not like Anna; he loves her to death I'm sure!
And he's very concerned, yes, about her health too! He is!

Now, BK being our host here, we have to be nice with our host... so I will shut my big mouth about that subject right now!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 06:24:37 PM by François »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2006, 06:03:21 PM »

The reason I mentioned this particular "meal' was that I thought it was a funny feast for the holidays.

And how clever of you to admit the mention of the In-N-Out burger, fries, and shake for lunch ::)

der Brucer

And we'll not speak of the mid-night noshs of Hungarian pastries!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2006, 06:05:16 PM »

Now, BK being our host here, we have to be nice with our host... so I will shut my big mouth about that subject right now!

Another volley wouldn't hurt!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2006, 06:06:28 PM »

I think I made that exact same comment a few days ago.  Scary!

Short term memory loss is a bitch!

François de Paris

« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2006, 06:06:39 PM »

Is that too much Cinerama (American spelled inside out)?  If so, I can crop the picture.

No, the picture is the right size!
Not anamorphic and not anorexic either!
BK should be pleased! ;)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2006, 06:11:36 PM »

PLAYBOY PLAYMATE SUES TAXI DRIVER, NYPD AND NYC

And who costumes her lawyer?

der Brucer

François de Paris

« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2006, 06:21:57 PM »

"The city had no immediate response. The cab driver, 40-year-old Eric Darko, denied any wrongdoing."

Denials! Denials!

François de Paris

« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2006, 06:23:00 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2006, 06:33:24 PM »

Francois, I think it's peachy that you're sticking up for dear reader Maria, and we understand that you met her darling daughter and that you two are close as gazelles in a sardine can.   I was just commenting on what is all too often a "meal" - and let's just say I know a lot more about this subject than you.  The "Anna Rexic" comment is hardly tasteless and wasn't meant to be so - it was meant to be an amusing comment (it's a line I use repeatedly when I see the way she eats).  Let's not turn this into a bathetic contest, shall we?  If anyone thinks that meal was a healthy dinner, let them speak up now and explain how they came to that conclusion.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2006, 06:34:18 PM »

And how clever of you to admit the mention of the In-N-Out burger, fries, and shake for lunch ::)

der Brucer

And we'll not speak of the mid-night noshs of Hungarian pastries!

Dream on, Cinderella.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »

Just finished watching Weird Woman.   I may opt for another Inner Sanctum mystery now.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2006, 06:39:08 PM »

DR Laura,

Your photos are beautiful! I love the goldfinch against the black-eyed susans or whatever flower is mimicing his color. But don't you think you're selling him short by calling him a "lesser goldfinch"? He may get a complex!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2006, 06:40:45 PM »

The Lesser Goldfinch - that's the title of my next novel.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2006, 06:42:36 PM »

I have a sweet tooth, baby.  Perhaps I'll have a sweet after a fine meal of five pretzels, eight apple rings, and a piece of red licorice.   :D ;D :o :-X

MBarnum

« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2006, 06:45:16 PM »

Ah WEIRD WOMAN is my favorite of the Inner Sanctums! What did you think BK?

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2006, 06:48:11 PM »

Enough about what I do or do not eat. Topic closed.

I'm much more interested in WFO and what he and his Joe did. I think it was brave, unselfish, and truly admirable. Two loving grown-ups. How rare is that in today's world?

François de Paris

« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2006, 06:55:15 PM »

Francois, I think it's peachy that you're sticking up for dear reader Maria, and we understand that you met her darling daughter and that you two are close as gazelles in a sardine can.   I was just commenting on what is all too often a "meal" - and let's just say I know a lot more about this subject than you.  The "Anna Rexic" comment is hardly tasteless and wasn't meant to be so - it was meant to be an amusing comment (it's a line I use repeatedly when I see the way she eats).  Let's not turn this into a bathetic contest, shall we?  If anyone thinks that meal was a healthy dinner, let them speak up now and explain how they came to that conclusion.

My meeting Anna's daughter and my being friend with Anna has nothing to do with my comment about your comments!
I've already disagreed with you on that way before I met DD! Let's not be that cheap in argumenting!

Anorexia is a serious matter; it can be joked about in some circles but not with people who suffer from it and are friends (or not, matter of fact!).
I don't know if Anna has that disease or not... You may know or not!
All I know is that you take any chance to turn Anna's emails into RIDICULE and her along the way!
She's the only one to be treated that way on this site and that quite upsets dear little me!
She's already been offended here and your attitude seems to clearly indicate where you stand; Anna is a jerk and should be treated as such...
But things are more VICIOUS because you always (not this time!) claim that you are joking, which means that Anna, and some of us along the way, have NO SENS of humour, which goes with being a jerk too!

Being a guest here I don't want to witness your trashing Anna, even if she's a big girl who can speak for herself!
BK, you're like a kid who doesn't know when to stop, and because I care for Anna and I care for you I thought i would not be PC and tell you what I think! If I didn't care I would have left the site a long time ago!

And...  I said I would keep my mouth shut! Sorry!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 10:58:26 PM by François »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2006, 06:56:02 PM »

Bruce, too cold in NY in September? My dear, it's been perfectly comfortable--high 60s to high 70s here in Washington.  GREAT jogging weather, I should think! Much better than all that horrid heat you had recently.

Edisaurus

« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2006, 06:59:24 PM »

Quote from: DERBRUCER
It's the best damn thing on TV!
[quote

Well, you would be surprised how many people find her Southern accent irk-worthy. The thing is, I know people here in the South that sounds just like her.

Closer fans will be glad to know that we have two more episodes coming up in a few months that will run back to back. A television event! Kevin Bacon is directing one of them so that should be interesting. We'll have a marathon leading up to that, if you missed any episodes this season!

Glad to hear that some of the folks here like the show. I bought a high def TV, too and the show looks great on hi def.

TNT is launching a new series next year with Holly Hunter. I bet she could have played a good Brenda, too, plus she's from here so her Southern accent is real! Now watch---*her* character won't even have a Southern accent!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #206 on: September 23, 2006, 07:03:38 PM »

Dear bk,

If you find a hotel that has 6 treadmills and find 3 more agile friends, you too can be the biggest hit on the internet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92IWqopETfI

Edisaurus

« Reply #207 on: September 23, 2006, 07:06:30 PM »

Had some lunch with Mr. Grant Geissman
Grant...awwwwww  (((Grant))))

Edisaurus

« Reply #208 on: September 23, 2006, 07:07:47 PM »

Quote from: DERBRUCER
Tom Bosley in drag!
[quote

Let the nightmares begin!  :o

Edisaurus

« Reply #209 on: September 23, 2006, 07:09:39 PM »

Quote from: bk link=board=4;threadid=1150;start=msg234612#msg234612
The Lesser Goldfinch - that's the title of my next novel.
[quote

Or in the musical world, the Loesser goldfinch!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up