Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TRIP  (Read 34131 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE TRIP
« on: September 23, 2006, 12:21:17 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were a trip, you know about the trip, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're tripping, man, and have no idea where home is.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 11:14:28 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE TRIP
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 12:25:13 AM »

And the word of the day is: SPOONY!

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 12:35:39 AM »

Last night I saw the most interesting short films at the Egyptian!

Im so happy that both film and vinal are coning back, but its very interesting...I wonder what else will move backward, socially, politically,  technologicaly...sounds fun!

Have fun in NY Bruce!!!!! I think you should go see a show! If I was going to NY I would see as many shows as I could.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 01:01:02 AM »

Today's TOD:
Favorite Jerry Lewis movie: The Delicate Delinquent (for the Theremin scene alone!)
Favorite Dean Martin movie: Robin and the 7 Hoods (just to see all those guys together)
Favorite Martin & Lewis movie: The Stooge (the first M&L movie I saw, and thought they were hilarious, so it's always been close to my heart)

I've always wanted to see that infamous Jerry Lewis movie, "The Day The Clown Cried", just to see if it's as bad as I've always heard. (As you already know, I'm not afraid of bad movies!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 01:12:10 AM »

Hello, Edisaurus--
Did you say that you saw Alton Brown the other day? I'm really pleased to hear that he has recovered--I never, ever miss an episode of Good Eats. That man is a genius!

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 01:13:39 AM »

Have a great trip to NYC, Bruce!

And greetings to all HHW folk, and L'Shana Tova to those who are celebrating the New Year!

Edisaurus

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 01:17:54 AM »

Hello, Edisaurus--
Did you say that you saw Alton Brown the other day? I'm really pleased to hear that he has recovered--I never, ever miss an episode of Good Eats. That man is a genius!

Hi, DR Iris

Yes, Alton lives across the square from me here in Marietta, GA. I used to work on his show years ago, when my gardening show was on hiatus. He is indeed a scary genius. He once told me that if you ate salmon, oatmeal and some leafy green vegetable (although not spinach at the moment!) every day, he was convinced you would live forever. I started eating more of all those things after that, although I'd rather hang with DR George and his funnel cakes, chocolate and cheesecake!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 01:25:29 AM »

you know about the trip

Hi, BK---

When I work/play in NY, I usually stay at the Edison. (Nice old Art Deco hotel in Times Square, and cheap!) I had always heard tell there is a recording studio on the 2nd floor---in fact, I've tried to sneak upstairs a few times to see it but never got past the velvet rope without being busted. I am intrigued by the fact that it's there.

My husband and I watched the DVD doc of the recording of "The Producers" broadway cast album  and it was shot in this studio, so we were thrilled to actually see it, and know that it was real. It looked so tiny, though.

Have you ever recorded there?

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 01:26:39 AM »

I would love to work on Alton's show--it must be a blast! Guess I should stock up on salmon, oatmeal and greens, 'cause he knows his stuff. He wrote a very interesting article about the spinach disaster on his website the other day--fascinating.
I've seen his daughter's picture--she looks EXACTLY like him!
Think I'll try to get tickets for a few tapings of various shows at the Food Network if possible.

Iris*

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 01:28:07 AM »

The Edison has the best matzoh ball soup!

Edisaurus

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 01:32:52 AM »

The Edison has the best matzoh ball soup!
And great vintage waitresses! It's my favorite place to catch up with people when I'm in NY...a lot of the food is so-so (cheap, thoough!) but it has a vibe that feels like lot a lot of deals were made in that coffee shop!

Edisaurus

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 01:47:03 AM »

Thanks for yesterday's greeting, DR DakotaCelt. Are there many Celts in Dakota?

Thanks to George for supplying the visual. Looks like we were robbed here in Atlanta!

Sorry I didn't contain a spolier alert to my question about "Wicked"... everyone here seems so tuned in to musical theatre that I assumed I was probably the last person to see it!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 02:19:51 AM »

Thanks to George for supplying the visual. Looks like we were robbed here in Atlanta!

Sorry I didn't contain a spolier alert to my question about "Wicked"... everyone here seems so tuned in to musical theatre that I assumed I was probably the last person to see it!

I'm glad you liked the picture...yes, it was quite effective in Seattle (even as simple a concept as it is).

(FYI, my Spoiler notice was a bit of a joke.) ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 02:21:21 AM »

I should be asleep.  Now.  Now is when I should be asleep.  So, asleep I shall be...but in a few minutes.  I must get ready, first.

So I just popped in to say, "good night."

"Good night!" ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 04:12:52 AM »

OOPS in NY ... something we hope does not happen to our esteemed BK, of course.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 04:15:16 AM »

Little Sally was absoloutely SPOONY about her stuffed SNOOPY doll - only her "My Little PONY" SO affected her.  Her brother, Charles, could only react by saying "Good grief!"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 04:23:29 AM »

I would love to work on Alton's show--it must be a blast! Guess I should stock up on salmon, oatmeal and greens, 'cause he knows his stuff. He wrote a very interesting article about the spinach disaster on his website the other day--fascinating.
I've seen his daughter's picture--she looks EXACTLY like him!
Think I'll try to get tickets for a few tapings of various shows at the Food Network if possible.
I agree, he is spot on about the spinach fiasco... Click here to access!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2006, 04:24:58 AM »

Popeye eats his SPINACH from HIP CANS.

Ben

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2006, 04:34:24 AM »

Glad to hear the outing with our Australian cousins went well. I look forward to my meeting with them tomorrow. Since we only get part of one day with them I have to save my pennies so Anthony and I can take a trip down under.

The Long Island crew and Larry should have fun today in spite of the drizzle.

Off to work. Annie E. Casey and her 1,301 grants are calling my name.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2006, 05:33:48 AM »

Good morning, all.  I'm up and about and must now jump into the shower, as vixmom and the vixter will be picking me up in an hour.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2006, 05:59:46 AM »

Good morning, all!  I've had 6 hours sleep and I feel like a mess at the moment.  The party for the show was at the apartment of one of the producers, and there was a huge crowd of cast, crew, and friends.  One of the running jokes in the show concerns Belgian endive, so one of the salads was a wonderful endive salad.  There was aso a wonderful rice dish with sun-dried tomato, olives and chicken.  I stayed for a couple of hours and then headed for home.

The show was sold out and there was a long waiting list.  A young man who was waiting in the lobby heard my name when I was picking up my tickets at the box office and introduced himself: Steven Jones who is director of the Lyric Stage in Irving, Texas and a good friend of my friends Tom Jones, Harvey Schmidt, and Ron Raines.  Steve is one of the producers of this latest production of NIGHT OF THE HUNTER, which opens at the Festival on Tuesday.  I asked the producers of the SINGING NUN to see that he got a ticket, and he seemed to be enjoying himself at intermission.  I looked for him after the show but I couldn't find him to drag him to the party.  Here's his company's website:

http://www.lyricstage.org/

TOD:  Scared Stiff, one of my favorite fims as a child
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 06:04:22 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 06:38:51 AM »

NOSY PO, the most inquirng member of the Tellytubbies!

Edisaurus

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2006, 06:40:03 AM »

I'm spending the day with RamJack!

Not as exciting as it sounds...he's jacking up the floor supports of my house...

Ginny

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2006, 06:42:19 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Today I'm information-waitressing all day and the poet who coined that term is also here as a sub.  It's been a rough morning so far.  I had to take a detour around the scene of a huge accident to which the emergency vehicles were just arriving.  Then, I had great difficulty logging into all the new gizmos and gadgets here in the Telephone Reference Center.  The day has to get better...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2006, 06:45:20 AM »

Good morning, all.  I'm up and about and must now jump into the shower, as vixmom and the vixter will be picking me up in an hour.

Think they could swing by and pick me up, too?

Seriously, DR WFO, I hope you and those gals have a great time in the City today with the other Hainsies & Kimlets.  Hope someone can provide some pictures!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2006, 06:57:25 AM »

Fred, what are you doing here. Shouldn't you be home atoning  ;)

Or is that later in the week?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2006, 07:08:05 AM »

BigBoobs7 - is that the name of Fred's next show?

(A musical version of bk's "The Randy Vicar Meets BigBoobs" series.)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2006, 07:09:21 AM »

I'm spending the day with RamJack!

Not as exciting as it sounds...he's jacking up the floor supports of my house...

My how you tease the mind of a Dirty Old Man 8)

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2006, 07:21:50 AM »

CAAKTHAL (uTube)

Tom Cruise in a Bollywood movie!

der Brucer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2006, 07:36:52 AM »

Good morning!

It was very overcast when I got up but the gray clouds have cleared and it's now bright and sunshiny outside. GOing to be in the 80s today and tomorrow and then we should be into real fall weather which can't come soon enough for me. This little tempting preview nature handed us this week was stupendous.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up