Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MIDNIGHT HOUR  (Read 57265 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
« Reply #270 on: March 23, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »

In my CD player here at work:  Chess På Svenska:

It's the studio recording of the first Swedish language production of Chess.  I also have the DVD but (incorrectly) assumed that the CD was a live recording.  It's not.  I got it from an Amazon.co.uk Marketplace seller for about $27 US...including shipping!  And it was brand new!!  Dresscircle.co.uk has it for 29.95GBP, which is close to $60!

« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 03:53:45 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #271 on: March 23, 2007, 03:56:44 PM »

That's "from" for some of us Ben.

So you think just because "us" concists of one half of the entire globe "we" of the Upper Half should be aware of "you" of the Lower Half? How provincial ;D

der Brucer

What time does Middle Earth keep?
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2007, 03:56:52 PM »

So, have you seen the Candide Trailer?

Didn't even know there was one. It's quite weird.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2007, 03:59:42 PM »

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2007, 04:01:27 PM »

TOD - car Spring Awakening...I really only like a couple songs on the CD, but since I wasn't too keen on the show that may explain it

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #275 on: March 23, 2007, 04:01:44 PM »

Hopeful vibes continue for the Lassners...

I just talked to Jane: Sherlock is finally going in for the shoulder surgery and, while they have him under, contrast x-rays. The doc is hoping to find the bones intact, which would mean no digging around inside, looking for fragments to remove.

The detailed pix of the elbows showed a slightly less-disastrous condition than expected which, however, cannot be corrected right now. The surgeon will open up both legs to see what's the story with those elbows, and then close 'em up. It may be - this would be the miracle - that, as this baby boy grows, the situation wouldn't be as bad as it looks right now. The best-case prognosis is that Sherlock will come up to as much as 90 percent of normal growth and movement, running, hiking, playing. Worst case is something I will not consider right now. HHW vibes for best-case, please!

More info as I get it.
PennyO

Edisaurus

« Reply #276 on: March 23, 2007, 04:03:29 PM »

Depending on who is at Brunch that day we could come up with some doozies!!!

I ain't switchin'! (Can't speak for my DH though!)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #277 on: March 23, 2007, 04:06:01 PM »

You always do have the right to remain silent..even here.

And we won't make you sign a confidentiality agreement that you won't make disparaging remarks about other HHWers.

Edisaurus

« Reply #278 on: March 23, 2007, 04:07:04 PM »

DR Sing, Welcome to Godliness! (Its just next to Cleanliness...)

Edisaurus

« Reply #279 on: March 23, 2007, 04:09:26 PM »

If any DRs have ever thought they might like to experience the joys of Bollywood...http://www.erosentertainment.com/eros_us/product/spring.asp

Any recommendations, MBarnum?

Edisaurus

« Reply #280 on: March 23, 2007, 04:10:07 PM »

Karaganda?  Isn't that the character that sings GLITTER AND BE GAY?

LOL!

Edisaurus

« Reply #281 on: March 23, 2007, 04:12:19 PM »

If we are Dear Readers, would BK be known as our GENTLE LEADER?

(Not to be confused with a Gentile Leader...)

singdaw

« Reply #282 on: March 23, 2007, 04:12:31 PM »

I was just wondering the same thing!

Give us a few recommendations, DR MBarnum please, for Bollywood 101.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #283 on: March 23, 2007, 04:13:32 PM »

Back from the meeting and shall now try to slog through two more pages.

Speaking of pages - Cilla, any info on my last question - I'll need that info for the next chapter.  Thanks.

Edisaurus

« Reply #284 on: March 23, 2007, 04:23:16 PM »

Oh my God---just read the news on Sherlock and am all weepy. Even with the best case scenario, it sounds like there will be pain and quite a job keeping our big puppy calm and quiet so he can heal.

Big hugs to Jane and Keith and
~~~~BEST CASE SCENARIO VIBES FOR DD SHERLOCK~~~~~

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, DR Penny-O!

MBarnum

« Reply #285 on: March 23, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »

That is difficult to say...most of these titles I have not seen..however, stuff from the early 70s are usually a good bet, campiness wise...and if you click on the picture of the dvd in the listing it will bring up more info...some have viewer ratings.

Here are some of the titles that I thought looked like fun...

this looks like a cute comedy....

this one from 1960 has a wonderful cast....

And this one seemed heartwarming.....

Edisaurus

« Reply #286 on: March 23, 2007, 04:26:33 PM »

I am FREE to take on the weekend!

Dinner party tomorrow night with gardener friends

Dinner party Sunday night with a filmmaker friend who is doing a doc on clergy in the military before she goes over to be emedded with troops in Iraq.

And much house cleaning so our cat sitter doesn't flee screaming from the house! (Where's Matt H when you need him?)

MBarnum

« Reply #287 on: March 23, 2007, 04:28:50 PM »

I do have this title...it is from the 1940s and I quite enjoyed it. A fun historical epic....

Edisaurus

« Reply #288 on: March 23, 2007, 04:29:24 PM »

BTW, for any HHW gardeners, my gardening show is returning to HGTV every weekday morning at 8AM est. starting on Monday.

New episodes will air every Monday starting April 2, the rest of the week will be reruns, but recent ones.

The show is called "A Gardener's Diary":
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_grd

It's not a how-to, but more like half hour documentaries about gardeners across the country.

MBarnum

« Reply #289 on: March 23, 2007, 04:31:14 PM »

...otherwise just click on various titles and a plot will be given and maybe you will find someting fun...my taste might not match yours..for instance I am not too crazy about 80s and 90s films, Bollywood or otherwise, but there might be some grand titles there.

Beware, there are a couple listed that do not have subtitles...so be sure to look for that. The end of the listings are compilations of musical scenes from various movies..those can be fun.

Edisaurus

« Reply #290 on: March 23, 2007, 04:32:52 PM »

Of the upcoming episodes listed, I edited the ones showing on:

3/26
3/27*
3/29
3/30*
4/3*
4/4
4/9

The ones with astericks are particular favorites of mine.

The friends we're dining with on Saturday are the subjects of a show later in the season, where I got to take a few subtle digs at our city's  anti-historic preservation attitude. Hehehe...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #291 on: March 23, 2007, 04:38:01 PM »

Well, I was hoping I could hold out and make my next post a huge announcement, but no such luck...

I haven't heard back from the Full Monty people - either saying I did/didn't get the job...so until then, I just waaaaaaaaait...

Yesterday was fun -- I did some background work on "The Office," though it just made me jealous -- I wanted to be ON "The Office" not working as an extra...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

MBarnum

« Reply #292 on: March 23, 2007, 04:46:28 PM »

Hey, be sure to let us know which episode you will be an extra in!

I would love to work as an extra...only because  I am a terrible actor...although I could play a mute role really we..

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #293 on: March 23, 2007, 04:51:24 PM »

The episode is going to be the one right before the season finale --

The portion I might be seen in is where Jim and Andy go to a Scranton high school to save the account after Dunder-Mifflin sent a batch of paper to them with a watermark bearing a resemblance to two cartoon characters in compromising positions -- and while doing so Andy recognizes his "girlfriend" at the school...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #294 on: March 23, 2007, 04:51:25 PM »

For pussy kitty lovers:

This Is Not Sparta!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MBarnum

« Reply #295 on: March 23, 2007, 04:51:30 PM »

One last one Singdaw and Edisaurus.....

KARZ has a lame plot, but one of the leads is a total hottie and the musical numbers are lots of fun...I get my dvd of it out quite often just to watch the big Busby Berkley-like number at the birthday party. It alone is worth the 99 cents plus postage.

Miss Karen

« Reply #296 on: March 23, 2007, 05:05:22 PM »

Poor Sherlock of the Giant Paws -- May he be back to his healthy puppy self again real soon!

Miss Karen

« Reply #297 on: March 23, 2007, 05:10:44 PM »

Well, I was hoping I could hold out and make my next post a huge announcement, but no such luck...

I haven't heard back from the Full Monty people - either saying I did/didn't get the job...so until then, I just waaaaaaaaait...

Yesterday was fun -- I did some background work on "The Office," though it just made me jealous -- I wanted to be ON "The Office" not working as an extra...

Whelp, no news is good news I suppose.....(damn them, damn them all the hell for drawing this out...).  At least you're really making them think about if they want that six-toed, three nippled guy or you....

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #298 on: March 23, 2007, 05:19:39 PM »

The friends we're dining with on Saturday are the subjects of a show later in the season, where I got to take a few subtle digs at our city's  anti-historic preservation attitude. Hehehe...

You will tell us when that specific episode is on, won't you?? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Miss Karen

« Reply #299 on: March 23, 2007, 05:20:55 PM »

DR Naomi Dingdaw -- Congrats on becoming a goddess up here on Cloud Nine.  See me over to your right -- I'm the one waving ....wait, hold on, now I'm holding up the margarita (on the rocks with salt) as a toast to your fine goddessness.  What color toga do you want?  Let's see now...  there's pink, green, white ... (lots of white .... no one here at HHW seems to like the white)... gold, blue, red and a few yellows and oranges.  I took the last copper, so no more copper togas, sorry...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 05:35:38 PM by Miss Karen »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18   Go Up