Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MIDNIGHT HOUR  (Read 57298 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
« Reply #390 on: March 23, 2007, 09:20:38 PM »

We have had reports of mysterious lights over Phoenix. The time is nigh.

It's about time!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #391 on: March 23, 2007, 09:29:39 PM »

Very sorry to read about DD Sherlock and hope things are not as negative as they seem to be.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #392 on: March 23, 2007, 09:35:58 PM »

DR MBARNUM....although it probably cannot be purchased  for 99 cents - I must say my introduction to BOLLYWOOD and still my favorite is:

PAKEEZAH!!

And at $4.99 it is still quite a bargain!

MBarnum

« Reply #393 on: March 23, 2007, 09:37:27 PM »

GUMNAAM is the next Bollywood film on my Netflix list.
[/i]

And I want a complete review after you watch it! (if you are still speaking to me, that is)  8)

MBarnum

« Reply #394 on: March 23, 2007, 09:40:49 PM »

Maybe Musicguy and I don't have a dinner date after all seeing as how he totally ignored my California/NY related post earlier.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:41:28 PM by MBarnum »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #395 on: March 23, 2007, 09:46:06 PM »

TOD: Jeepers Creepers
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #396 on: March 23, 2007, 09:52:01 PM »

Before I left on my daylong excursion this afternoon, I did manage to find time to watch last night's SMALLVILLE.

I didn't really understand how Clark's skin could be broken and bloody since all the literature after SUperman I know had his skin impervious to everything unless he was significently weakened by kryptonite. That wasn't the case here. He was in a FIght CLub situation where he was getting beaten up and he was bloody and broken. (BTW, by the end of the episode, he didn't even have a bruise, much less any open wounds. Unless weeks had passed between the end of the fight and the end of the episode, that seemed strange too.)

The Lana/baby storyline was not been of much interest to me all season, so some of that got wrapped up though I can see that all is not what it seems.

But the producers are definitely writing and filming this toward their target audience: teens and early 20s males with the fight stuff, the two women having an almost lesbian encounter before swapping body kicks and other punches.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:53:49 PM by Matt H. »

Cillaliz

« Reply #397 on: March 23, 2007, 09:52:15 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17741602/

They are digging up Houdini to see if he was poisoned.  Good grief.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #398 on: March 23, 2007, 09:54:21 PM »

Okay, hainsies/kimlets drug addicts - I need to know what kind of drug, popular drug, would be given to someone who has had a huge tragedy - you know, to sedate and calm them down because they'd gone into a completely depressive state - is that Zanex?  Lithium?  There some flavor of the month drug whose name I can't remember that's like Zanex but isn't.  Any help?

I'll have to check "Not Quite Ripe" - the auto-biography by Debra Byrne.  Each chapter introduces a new drug.  One of them will have to work here, I'm sure of it.

Matt H.

« Reply #399 on: March 23, 2007, 09:55:24 PM »

I also had time to watch ANDY BARKER, P.I. A new receptionist character was annoying, and while the show is rather whimsical and sweet-natured, it doesn't seem to have the dynamic comic thrust to make much of an impression.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #400 on: March 23, 2007, 09:55:40 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17741602/

They are digging up Houdini to see if he was poisoned.  Good grief.

I bet he's not there.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #401 on: March 23, 2007, 09:57:50 PM »

Good Evening!

As DR elmore mentioned, we did indeed have a delightful evening.  Good dinner at Swagat.  Good theatre at Musicals Tonight.  And good company.

*And since I felt like walking around for a bit, I went ahead and walked up to 96th Street then over to CPW to catch the C Train back uptown.  -And, yes, I did make a stop at Cafe Lalo for a Pistachio Brownie.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #402 on: March 23, 2007, 09:58:24 PM »

THE DONKEY SHOW was abysmal, a slight bar tab show disguised as a piece of musical theater. The story of two couples with the womanizing men being left by their girl friends and then reunited by show's end, it couldn't have been lamer or more uninteresting to me. Community theater or not, there were a few people with considerable  talent on that stage that was utterly wasted in this when a REAL show could have shown off their talent.

And if they had their heart set on doing a disco show, get the rights to SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER for goodness sake! At least that had a story.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:59:43 PM by Matt H. »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #403 on: March 23, 2007, 09:58:27 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #404 on: March 23, 2007, 10:00:08 PM »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #405 on: March 23, 2007, 10:00:20 PM »

No, I think it must be one of the egg shell colored ones cause there are tons of white ones left in the toga room...actually it looks like the box of white has never been opened...still sealed with the plastic covering..

Umm.... He made it himself.  There was an article in Martha Stewart Bollywood Living.

And as for that box of white togas...  Well, it's labeled incorrectly.  You'll find some more copper ones in there.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #406 on: March 23, 2007, 10:01:24 PM »

Well, no word from San Diego Musical Theatre still...

But then again, it took them 4 days to call me after the initial audition regarding the callback, so, if we're going off of precedence, then nothing is impossible yet.  

In the meantime, I guess I'd better get ready to head out for work.
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #407 on: March 23, 2007, 10:02:17 PM »

THE DONKEY SHOW was abysmal, a slight bar tab show disguised as a piece of musical theater. The story of two couples with the womanizing men being left by their girl friends and then reunited by show's end, it couldn't have been lamer or more uninteresting to me. Community theater or not, there were a few people with considerable  talent on that stage that was utterly wasted in this when a REAL show could have shown off their talent.

And if they had their heart set on doing a disco show, get the rights to SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER for goodness sake! At least that had a story.

And if I'm remembering correctly, the show actually has Shakespearean roots.

-I was amazed that it ran as long as it did in NYC.  And I was even more amazed that they had cast members who stayed with it for as long as they did.  They were truly making next to nothing.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #408 on: March 23, 2007, 10:04:11 PM »

Maybe Musicguy and I don't have a dinner date after all seeing as how he totally ignored my California/NY related post earlier.

Ooohhh... So you're mine.  All Mine!

<insert maniacal laughter and some lightning and thunder for dramatic effect>
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #409 on: March 23, 2007, 10:06:12 PM »

DR MBarnum - Your trip to NYC may actually coincide with my roommate's trip to Italy.  So there may be a free room here.  I'll keep you posted.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #410 on: March 23, 2007, 10:06:22 PM »

And if I'm remembering correctly, the show actually has Shakespearean roots.

-I was amazed that it ran as long as it did in NYC.  And I was even more amazed that they had cast members who stayed with it for as long as they did.  They were truly making next to nothing.

Some character NAMES from Shakespeare's A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM, but there all similarities end.

Matt H.

« Reply #411 on: March 23, 2007, 10:08:09 PM »

I just read that contrary to earlier reports, actress Emma Watson will appear as Hermione Granger in the last two HARRY POTTER films. So, the trio of actors who began the series will see it through to its conclusion. I'm glad about that.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #412 on: March 23, 2007, 10:08:29 PM »

Okay, hainsies/kimlets drug addicts - I need to know what kind of drug, popular drug, would be given to someone who has had a huge tragedy - you know, to sedate and calm them down because they'd gone into a completely depressive state - is that Zanex?  Lithium?  There some flavor of the month drug whose name I can't remember that's like Zanex but isn't.  Any help?

Well, if you want to make it interesting, marijuana seems to making quite the comeback lately.   :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

François

« Reply #413 on: March 23, 2007, 10:10:12 PM »

I just read that contrary to earlier reports, actress Emma Watson will appear as Hermione Granger in the last two HARRY POTTER films. So, the trio of actors who began the series will see it through to its conclusion. I'm glad about that.

I wish they'd hire Susan Watson as well! Two Watsons are better than none!

What's on tonight! ;)

FJL

« Reply #414 on: March 23, 2007, 10:10:29 PM »

Even a free room come with.....a price.

Didn't Confucious say that?

MBarnum

« Reply #415 on: March 23, 2007, 10:12:03 PM »

And speaking of movies and Bollywood, it is time for me to settle down with one....tonights Bollywood movie is POLICE FORCE (2004) starring Akshay Kumar.

I love the soundtrack, so I am hoping the movie is good...although I suspect it will be an average action thriller.

François

« Reply #416 on: March 23, 2007, 10:12:31 PM »

Well, if you want to make it interesting, marijuana seems to making quite the comeback lately.   :-\

MARIAJUANA, starring JLO, the new South of the border musical that will make addicts out of you!

François

« Reply #417 on: March 23, 2007, 10:13:44 PM »

And speaking of movies and Bollywood, it is time for me to settle down with one....tonights Bollywood movie is POLICE FORCE (2004) starring Akshay Kumar.

I love the soundtrack, so I am hoping the movie is good...although I suspect it will be an average action thriller.

As Elmore would say:

"Of course, you're watching this just to listen to the soundtrack!" ;)

François

« Reply #418 on: March 23, 2007, 10:15:08 PM »

Even a free room come with.....a price.

Didn't Confucious say that?

Oh, you know, he said SO MANY things that I'm a little confucious about that myself!

MBarnum

« Reply #419 on: March 23, 2007, 10:15:27 PM »

You are a kind fellow, Jose.  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18   Go Up