Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: STURM UND DRANG  (Read 53263 times)

Miss Karen

Re:STURM UND DRANG
« Reply #330 on: March 29, 2007, 05:07:26 PM »

Remind me to hire you to arrange my next party.....NOT!

:D

Snarky Time!

Miss Karen

« Reply #331 on: March 29, 2007, 05:08:42 PM »

The Page 12 Dance to the Snarky Time Rag for Mr. P

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #332 on: March 29, 2007, 05:09:56 PM »

Today was one of those days where I felt "off" all day.  My mind seemed scattered.  My fingers weren't always working.  And I just had a hard time connecting with the singers in the room.

I was thinking that things would get better after lunch - being properly nourished and all - but I still felt a bit unsettled.  I don't think I ruined any auditions, and I don't think I embarrassed myself.  I just wish I had felt better about how my day went when I left the room.

And then...
Make Your Own Luck.

Miss Karen

« Reply #333 on: March 29, 2007, 05:12:02 PM »

Today was one of those days where I felt "off" all day.  My mind seemed scattered.  My fingers weren't always working.  And I just had a hard time connecting with the singers in the room.

I was thinking that things would get better after lunch - being properly nourished and all - but I still felt a bit unsettled.  I don't think I ruined any auditions, and I don't think I embarrassed myself.  I just wish I had felt better about how my day went when I left the room.

And then...

Time for a Miller!  ..or beverage of choice...  Vibes for a better day tomorrow!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #334 on: March 29, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Miss Karen

« Reply #335 on: March 29, 2007, 05:14:59 PM »

Time for DP Deuce Walk!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #336 on: March 29, 2007, 05:26:10 PM »

The auditions took place on the fifth floor, and on the way out I decided to head up to the sixth floor to see who may have been up there.  -There were a ton of auditions going on today up there.  Well, I didn't spot anyone right off the bat, so I headed for the elevator, and then...

Surprise!

Lo and behold, I ended up running into someone I went to college with, and someone I really haven't seen since college - so, about 12-14 years or so.  Alas, this person was also someone I had a major crush on while I was in school...  And since he's also a pianist... And since we had become competitive while in school...  And that competition actually resulted in a quite the blow-up... And since he's now back in NYC trying to establish himself on the audition pianist circuit... Well...  Just plain weird.  And truly the last person I ever expected to run into today.  -Frankly, I thought I would have run into him in NYC long before today.

Yadda-yadda-yadda...

It was nice seeing him again, but the chance meeting brought up a lot of "stuff", and since I had already been having a weird day, well..

I'm feeling better now.  And that's all that matters.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #337 on: March 29, 2007, 05:26:26 PM »

Pages have been delivered to muse, but I'm told she probably won't get to them until tomorrow - normally, I don't like to start the next chapter until I've heard back, but I may.  Then again, I'm waiting for some research photos for the next chapter, so I could conceivably wait, or I could just write and add the detail stuff when it comes in.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #338 on: March 29, 2007, 05:29:04 PM »

As for the CDs, I believe I have all but one of the ones bk listed today.  I'll have to double-check another title or two.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #339 on: March 29, 2007, 05:34:15 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I used to win various prizes from the dial-in contests on WRNL in New London, CT: concert tickets, county fair passes, t-shirts, etc.  -I had won so many times within a certain period, that I was actually banned for a year from calling in.

A couple of small lottery wins.  -My parents seem to have the luck in that department.  When my father retired from the Coast Guard, his office mates gave him 25 lottery scratchers.  There was one $1,000 winner, and one $5,000 winner in that batch!  And my mom tends to hit the Pick 3 every couple of weeks, and they've hit the Pick 4 a few times over the past couple of years - and that's a $5,000 prize.

I've won a few Sparkling Prizes, and I also was the Grand Prize winner one year when MTI would hold their weekly website contest - an autographed copy of one of Suskin's books, as well as a batch of OCRs.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #340 on: March 29, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »

Time for a Miller!  ..or beverage of choice...  Vibes for a better day tomorrow!

I'm thinking a glass of a nice New Zealand Pinot Noir will do the trick.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #341 on: March 29, 2007, 05:40:27 PM »

For latecomers, here is the CD list again, this time with notations about which titles are almost gone:

Lost In Boston - the original volume one - one of our best, and with elmore orchestrations

Liz Callaway: The Beat Goes On (60s songs - elmore) VERY limited amount - about three left

Best Little Whorehouse In Texas - Ann Margret revival - she's wonderful on the album

Working OBC with bonus tracks

Das Barbecue - very funny off b'way cast album

Emily Skinner and Alice Ripley: Duets

The Gay 90s - very hard to find LA cast album

Night Of The Hunter - studio cast recording of Claibe Richardson and Stephen Cole's wonderful score - full orchestra - and Ron Raines, Dorothy Loudon and Sally Mayes

Collette Collage - faboo Schimdt and Jones with Judy Kaye, Judy Blazer, and Jason Graae

Emily Skinner - her solo album - wonderful - only a few left

The Stephen Schwartz Album - one of my faves of what I've done - with Kristen Chenoweth, Marin Mazzie, Jason Daniely, Laura Benanti, Susan Egan and other greats

Debbie Gravitte: The MGM Album - a total treat

Godspell - the York Theater revival, with then unknowns Leslie Kritzer, Barrett Foa, Shoshana Bean and Carpathia Jenkins

Debbie Gravitte: The Alan Menken Album - the second pressing with a new track

Peter Pan - hands down one of my top five faves of my stuff (elmore, too) - about three left

Subways Are For Sleeping - OBC, the legendary B'way flop by Styne and Comden and Green - with loads of bonus tracks - these are the rare numbered editions

Terry Trotter: Follies In Jazz - one of the best of the series - if you don't know these albums, take a chance - they're brilliant

Laurie Beechman: No One Is Alone - her final album, and a touching testament to her beauty and voice

Unsung Musicals: The Ultimate Collection - the best of the three volumes on one CD - a must

Terry Trotter: The Fantasticks in Jazz - a very special album with guest Harvey Schmidt and Maureen McGovern

Judy Kaye: Diva by Diva - the faboo Judy in an album that's not very well known

Terry Trotter: Company In Jazz - another wonderful Trotter CD

Sally Mayes: The Story Hour - live recording of her wonderful show

Shakespeare On Broadway - a terrific compilation of songs from musicals based on the Bard - lots of great singers

No Way To Treat A Lady - cast album of Doug Cohen's wonderful off b'way show based on William Goldman's novel

Lost In Boston: The Ultimate Collection - the best of the four volumes on one CD - a must

The Burt Bacharach Album - again, one of my faves, with stellar Bacharach songs and stellar people, including The Plaids, Jason Graae, Linda Purl, La Chanze, Christiane Noll, Farah Alvin, Alet Taylor, Helen Reddy, and many others

Drat! The Cat!  -  my studio recording of the great flop show - stars Jason Graae, Susan Egan, Judy Kaye, Elaine Stritch and others.

Broadway Bound - new composers and their songs (some great elmore stuff)

Lucky Stiff - Great Flaherty and Ahrens off b'way cast album

Laurie Beechman: The Andrew Lloyd Webber Album - brilliant

Unsung Musicals III - the final volume and one of the best, with great singers

Twiggy: Songs from the English Musicals - wonderful CD, not well known, and elmore charts.

All CDs are $10

For every ten ordered (at one time) we will include one free CD

For 20 CDs or more, free postage

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #342 on: March 29, 2007, 05:43:26 PM »

Jose please send my congratulations to Jason & I would love to see a photo with his new look.  I bet he looks very handsome.

Will do!  *He's in the process of buying some new - smaller - clothes this week, so...  He really does look good.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #343 on: March 29, 2007, 05:43:50 PM »

OK.  Tell the truth.

Has any DR ever played the back half of an animal on stage?

In SISTER MARY IGNATIUS EXPLAINS IT ALL TO YOU, my character played either the front or rear end of a camel.  I can't remember which end I was on at the mo'.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #344 on: March 29, 2007, 05:45:01 PM »

DR elmore and bk - John Kander now has a Brain.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #345 on: March 29, 2007, 05:46:23 PM »

Does anyone remember when DR edisaurus is due to arrive in NYC?
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #346 on: March 29, 2007, 05:47:56 PM »

DR Jason has always looked good as far as I could see. He is just a handsome guy and I am really happy to hear that he is doing well!!

MBarnum

« Reply #347 on: March 29, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »

After work I must hie myself to some stores and video rental places so that I can, hopefully, locate some particular episodes of THE LONE RANGER, ANNIE OAKLEY, THE VEIL, and THE TWILIGHT ZONE all so that I can be ready for to do an interview this coming weekend.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #348 on: March 29, 2007, 05:50:11 PM »

Kander NEEDS a Brain!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #349 on: March 29, 2007, 05:50:46 PM »

Where are all these people who were interested in ordering CDs.  We've had nine people thus far, but I thought it was scads more than that.

MBarnum

« Reply #350 on: March 29, 2007, 05:53:06 PM »

I wish that the Ray Courts Hollywood show would start adding more celbs to the April show list...so far there are only a handful of guests listed (including some BK co-workers)...but most of those listed I don't really care that much about....except for Don Sullivan, star of THE GIANT GILA MONSTER and TEENAGE ZOMBIES...now him I have excited about seeing!!!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #351 on: March 29, 2007, 05:58:37 PM »

Has someone already posted about this new musical inspired by the life of Lucy and Desi?

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/106921.html

I wonder if this is the same show that Lucie Arnaz was trying to get developed years ago.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

MBarnum

« Reply #352 on: March 29, 2007, 06:00:45 PM »

Page whatever TEENAGE ZOMBIES dance.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #353 on: March 29, 2007, 06:44:46 PM »

No posts for thirty minutes???

We were down to one Peter Pan, but I just found two more in a box, so we still have three copies.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #354 on: March 29, 2007, 06:46:21 PM »

That Lucy-Desi show looks pretty bad to me....concept wise....but who can tell?

I was the back of a horse in HELLO DOLLY and played the same character as DR DtM in SISTER MARY IGNATIUS, and I was the back of the camel!

Just sent my CD email.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #355 on: March 29, 2007, 06:46:22 PM »

I shall be supping with Miss Barbara Deutsch this evening at seven.  I did start the new chapter, so I've written about a page and a half today.  Hopefully, Margaret will read quickly and call, then I can dig right in.  I'm going ahead with it pre photos, because that stuff is easy to back and fill in and I already have excellent descriptions of what I need.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #356 on: March 29, 2007, 06:46:56 PM »

FJL, got your message.  It's a good idea, so the next time I do a site update, we'll do it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #357 on: March 29, 2007, 06:47:28 PM »

I loved Sturm and Drang, too.....but the routine they did that was my favorite was:

Is dis not der messerschmidt?

Ya dis is der messerschmidt!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #358 on: March 29, 2007, 06:47:41 PM »

But I'm still full from lunch, and I'm only supposed to be eating one meal a day.  Well, maybe I'll just have a salad this evening, or a sandwich or something.  I had pasta for lunch.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #359 on: March 29, 2007, 06:51:41 PM »

Yea.....I got my CD's ordered!  Thanks, MR BK.

Oh...TOD - I have won two sparkling prizes that were deee-lightful!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20   Go Up