Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: LICORICE TWIST  (Read 54945 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:LICORICE TWIST
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2007, 10:31:27 AM »

"Something in stripes, perhaps..."

What's that from?

Sweeney Todd!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »

I have been listening to the title song from the new Bollywood film SHAKALAK BOOM, BOOM...and I cannot get it out of my head.

I am very much looking forward to this movie! Perhaps it will be in the theatre in Times Square when I go to NYC. Perhaps DR Jose will not chicken out this time.

Alas, that theatre is now closed.

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2007, 10:32:48 AM »

Sweeney Todd!

Curses! Foiled by Dear Reader Laura.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2007, 10:34:15 AM »

Hmm...  Well, I got a few more hours of sleep, but I'm still feeling a bit crappy.  And I sense that I'm probably going to try to squeeze a clinic visit tomorrow morning before I head up for the matinee.  The Prilosec has seemed to help - even though I know it can take a a few days for its full effect - but something just does not seem right.  We shall see.
Make Your Own Luck.

Miss Karen

« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2007, 10:34:59 AM »

Beat Generation, daddy-o! ....  Why am I here?

"How did I get into the world? Why was I not asked about it, why was I not informed of the rules and regulations but just thrust into the ranks as if I had been bought by a peddling shanghaier of human beings? How did I get involved in this big enterprise called actuality? Why should I be involved? Isn't it a matter of choice? And if I am compelled to be involved, where is the manager -- I have something to say about this. Is there no manager? To whom shall I make my complaint?" (Kierkegaard's "Repetition" reference)

Why don't I learn how to cut and paste like DR der Brucer so I wouldn't have to type out long passages? Most existential.. and with that I must really take my leave -- my kingdom for a conclusion!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 10:35:50 AM by Miss Karen »

Miss Karen

« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2007, 10:40:19 AM »

Good morning dear DR Miss Karen.....sometimes I feel like we are just little specks out here in the middle of the barren wasteland....

Most existential, my darling DR MusicGuy!  Hope I can make it to the West Coast HHW bash and get to see you, you little cheeky monkey!

Jennifer

« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2007, 10:40:27 AM »

MORE TAR speculation re: the yield next week.

First off in re: something DR Cillliz said about the promos being intentionally misleading.  I think usually the promos are accurate about what happens. They just sometimes either a) give too much away (like with rob and amber) or b) they make more of something than is necessary (they might play out something that is really not as significant as what they imply.

However the promo sunday was misleading on purpose since they clearly showed d/o and d/e as the ones making the deal.

DR Dan wrote last night:
On the actual CBS.com Amazin' Race site, they actually say about next week's episode:

"One team is left in a state of shock when they become victims of a deal between the Beauty Queens and a certain other Team."

My guess is that the target team is Mirna and Schmirna and that the other team is--Eric and Danielle!  I think that they're pissed off at how Mirna pushed her way onto the second flight ahead of them, which hurt them far more in the competition than the Barbies' Yield of them did.

I quoted this last night just before you did.

I sent an email to a friend before reading this.  And this is what i wrote.

Danny and oswald are hours in front of the other teams, so i don't think anybody could yield them. And i don't see them working with the blondes to yield anyone.

Right now charla/mirna are slightly ahead of Danielle/eric. But if d/e were to pass them, i could see d/e teaming up with the blondes.

I would guess d/e would consider yielding the blondes. But i don't think that will be an option (since the blondes are ahead of them).  I think the reason d/e would yield mirna is not really because they are mad at her (although this could figure into things with the blondes telling eric that mirna stole their standby place on the plane). I think that eric will realize that if he doesn't want to be eliminated, that he needs to use the yield (hypocrite anyone?).

Of course mirna will flip (since she thinks she has a F3 deal with d/e and d/o).

The thoughts above are my own. However after writing them i went to televisionwithoutpity (great forum) and someone wrote the exact same thing.  But they did go one further.  They said that perhaps the blondes would agree to let d/e finish first so they would not get the penalty. I don't really see that happening (unless danny and oswald screw up).

The blondes do not like mirna. So i could easily see them wanting to get her out.  And eric will definitely need to use the yield if he can to assure he can finish ahead of c/m.

Yeah it looks like there is a reasonable chance the wicked witch will be dead this week!

Jennifer

« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2007, 10:43:31 AM »

Okay is anybody else disturbed by having to look at the campus killer's face everytime their browser opens on yahoo.com? :(

My sympathies to anyone who knows someone at VT. ~~~~~~~~

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2007, 11:03:18 AM »

Page Four Dance:

THere was an actual dance called the mashed potato?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2007, 11:03:57 AM »

Okay is anybody else disturbed by having to look at the campus killer's face everytime their browser opens on yahoo.com? :(

My sympathies to anyone who knows someone at VT. ~~~~~~~~

Yes, Jennifer...

My sympathies and condolences to those at VT...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2007, 11:04:42 AM »

I have nothing to say... no... nothing to say at this time.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2007, 11:05:59 AM »

The Twist, the Mashed Potato, the Pony, the Swim.

I recognize the twist....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2007, 11:07:15 AM »

Why don't I learn how to cut and paste like DR der Brucer so I wouldn't have to type out long passages? Most existential.. and with that I must really take my leave -- my kingdom for a conclusion!

"The end"
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »

THere was an actual dance called the mashed potato?

Have you NEVER seen the movie "Hairspray"??????
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2007, 11:07:58 AM »

For me the scary thing is that I know it can happen anywhere. I work on a college campus where the security is a joke at best.  

I have seen my fair share students on the edge of going ballistic and have often been concerned for my safety. That does not even account for some of the non-student patrons come in and I have seen a few disturbing individuals there.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #225 on: April 17, 2007, 11:08:29 AM »

Have you NEVER seen the movie "Hairspray"??????

nope...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2007, 11:08:44 AM »

Drat your bad luck, DRJose!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »

I know the funky chicken dance

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2007, 11:09:07 AM »

I know the butterfly

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2007, 11:09:39 AM »

nope...

....she replied, guilelessly.

:D

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:09:57 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2007, 11:10:26 AM »

Do you know "The Monster Mash"?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2007, 11:15:42 AM »

Note for MattH (HHW pre-release guru):

I have in my Amazon Cart:

The following pre-orders:

Planet Earth - The Complete BBC Series
Dreamgirls (Two-Disc Showstopper Edition)
The Queen -
A Little Night Music
Night at the Museum (Two-Disc Special Edition)
Becket (Not indicated as Widescreen?)

Already released:

A Man for All Seasons (Special Edition)

Do you see any missteps?

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2007, 11:20:25 AM »

Thank you for the drywall man dance, DtM.

Still waiting.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2007, 11:21:13 AM »

While waiting, though, the plumbers came and hauled off the tub pieces and old pipes and icky wall bits that were torn out earlier.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2007, 11:21:33 AM »

I am painting the trim in the living room.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2007, 11:21:46 AM »

I hear a truck!!!!!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2007, 11:22:13 AM »

Alas, it is a FedEx truck down the street.

MBarnum

« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2007, 11:25:08 AM »

What???? And I gave them all of my business!

Surely there is another theater in Manhattan that shows first run Bollyood...I must do some research.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #238 on: April 17, 2007, 11:28:08 AM »

I just received a lovely package containing my second batch of BK produced CDs.  I've been on a Burt Bacharach kick this past week, so I can't wait to throw THE BURT BACHARACH ALBUM into the ol' iPod.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2007, 11:31:15 AM »

Karen nice to see you!!! Glad you are still posting...

Rather like singdaw's color
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18   Go Up