Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down

Author Topic: LICORICE TWIST  (Read 53723 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:LICORICE TWIST
« Reply #510 on: April 17, 2007, 09:31:44 PM »

Swishy Sarah to hear that you are safe...

Good choral vibes to you dear!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #511 on: April 17, 2007, 09:32:06 PM »

I see we have flipped to page 18!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #512 on: April 17, 2007, 09:32:14 PM »

Good Evening!
I arrived a few minutes just past the half hour call.

Whew!

How are you feeling tonight, DR Jose? Are you GERD-ing your loins?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #513 on: April 17, 2007, 09:32:46 PM »

And I had a pretty good show.  There were a few spots that I'm going to have to adjust to - the balance in the pit really is soooo different than it is out in the house.  And Jim had a good first show conducting too.

And it was a good show too.  A nice audience.  And the cast seemed very well rested, and the pacing was good tonight too.  We have our first double tomorrow, so, we'll see how that goes.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #514 on: April 17, 2007, 09:34:13 PM »

Edi, I just noted that you edited Daughters of the Dust....

A professor has that film on reserve here at hte library. I took a peak and it is a very interesting film.

Edisaurus

« Reply #515 on: April 17, 2007, 09:34:19 PM »

Edi, let me know if you ever come to Fargo....

We picked up Helena, Montana today. The Mryna Loy Theatre!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #516 on: April 17, 2007, 09:35:21 PM »

How are you feeling tonight, DR Jose? Are you GERD-ing your loins?

I'm feeling much, much better. I had one or two coughs during the show tonight, but that was about it.  And my energy tonight was very low key tonight, which was a good thing.  I didn't panic or overcompensate when I made a mistake.  Which were few and far between, of course.  ;)

The test will be once I get into bed and sleep.  I hope I sleep tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #517 on: April 17, 2007, 09:37:53 PM »

DR Cason - As for sheet music, there are some great online sources now - and they're all legal.

www.sheetmusicdirect.com

www.musicnotes.com

www.freehandmusic.com

*Each site/company has their own "delivery" method, so be sure to read the system requirements to make sure they're compatible with your system.

**And best of all, depending on the format, you should be able to transpose the songs too to your key.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #518 on: April 17, 2007, 09:37:59 PM »

Edi, I just noted that you edited Daughters of the Dust....

A professor has that film on reserve here at hte library. I took a peak and it is a very interesting film.

The young producers I work with at Turner often tell me they studied this film in college, either in Film History, African-American or Women's Studies. Can you imagine how OLD that makes me feel? Creeeeeaaaaakkk!

And it was chosen for the Library of Congress' National Film Registry. Creeeeeeaaaaaakkk!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #519 on: April 17, 2007, 09:40:27 PM »

Well, I'm sleepy, and since I have two shows tomorrow...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #520 on: April 17, 2007, 09:40:37 PM »

Anyway, she's a friend of mine so I will pass on your compliments!

Shucks...I thought I was paying you a compliment!

(Thanks to you I look at teasers and trailers like mini-film projects)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #521 on: April 17, 2007, 09:41:59 PM »

OH!!!  Before I go...

I did catch "American Idol" courtesy of the DVR...

What the heck was up with that out of tune(!!!!!!!) violin?!?!?!?!  And why didn't the judges say anything about it when they were critiquing Chris R.?  You could tell he was trying to match his pitch to the violin... then he wasn't... then he was again...  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #522 on: April 17, 2007, 09:44:30 PM »

First there is a mountain...then there is no mountain...then there is.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #523 on: April 17, 2007, 09:49:45 PM »

OH!!!  Before I go...

I did catch "American Idol" courtesy of the DVR...

What the heck was up with that out of tune(!!!!!!!) violin?!?!?!?!  And why didn't the judges say anything about it when they were critiquing Chris R.?  You could tell he was trying to match his pitch to the violin... then he wasn't... then he was again...  :-\

Okay, so it wasn't just me!  I was dusting while I had AI on in the back, but the violin was just enough out of tune for me to kind of stop and stare at the TV for a second...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #524 on: April 17, 2007, 09:50:44 PM »

Can you imagine how OLD that makes me feel?

If you wore your 5000 Fingers beanie to work they'd know you were young at heart!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #525 on: April 17, 2007, 09:51:18 PM »

The young producers I work with at Turner often tell me they studied this film in college, either in Film History, African-American or Women's Studies. Can you imagine how OLD that makes me feel? Creeeeeaaaaakkk!

And it was chosen for the Library of Congress' National Film Registry. Creeeeeeaaaaaakkk!

You are not a day past 20!

It is a wonderful honor to have others study your work. Congrats!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #526 on: April 17, 2007, 10:17:17 PM »

I was just checking to see on here first - but I'll most likely make a trip to the library tomorrow or Thursday if need be.  :)

Hi DR dear Cason.... someone may have already mentioned this... but one of the best resources that I used to use alot when I lived in Hollywood, was the public library on (and I'm not sure anymore) but Ivar, or one of those small "north-south" streets, south of Hollywood Blvd., maybe around Selma.  It's the "Hollywood branch" of the library.  And they always had a wonderfully complete section of full conductor scores of shows from the 20s and 30s, up through (when I was there) the 60s.

MusicGuy

« Reply #527 on: April 17, 2007, 10:25:20 PM »

Well, this doesn't happen often, but at this moment I'm actually in the Living Room by myself.....

(  "Spoooookie" -- a Dame Edna quote)

MusicGuy

« Reply #528 on: April 17, 2007, 10:27:30 PM »

I am sending continuing good health and energy vibes to dear DR Jose.

And I'm afraid I have to admit that I must Wussburger myself.  I need to have a good sleep tonight.

Good night dear Esteemed, studly and guapo BK.....see you manana. (and as you see, I don't know how to do a tilde on this keyboard)

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #529 on: April 17, 2007, 10:29:03 PM »

No one else logged in...odd
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #530 on: April 17, 2007, 10:31:41 PM »

Hi DR dear Cason.... someone may have already mentioned this... but one of the best resources that I used to use alot when I lived in Hollywood, was the public library on (and I'm not sure anymore) but Ivar, or one of those small "north-south" streets, south of Hollywood Blvd., maybe around Selma.  It's the "Hollywood branch" of the library.  And they always had a wonderfully complete section of full conductor scores of shows from the 20s and 30s, up through (when I was there) the 60s.

yep, Ivar between Hollywood and Sunset, they have a good theater section, larger than LACC's.
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #531 on: April 17, 2007, 10:43:01 PM »

First there is a mountain...then there is no mountain...then there is.

ND no longer has mountains, the mountain removal project was finished years ago in ND...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #532 on: April 17, 2007, 10:43:23 PM »

Feel better vibes to Jose!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #533 on: April 17, 2007, 11:10:11 PM »

Back from a French movie.  Must write notes now.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #534 on: April 17, 2007, 11:33:57 PM »

I'm confused and intrigued.  When MBarnum wrote. "I will certainly be wanting to eat some Indian while I am in NY!" - I assumed he was fully aware of his own entendre, double, single or otherwise, and thought it was quite amusing.

But some of the subsequent comments seem to react to it as if MBarnum didn't intend the joke.

Maybe there are more important things to be wodnering about, but this fascinates me for some reason.    

For me to have taken it as "intentional," it would have had to be posted by one of our more -- how should I say -- "extroverted" forum members.

It seem to me to be "in character" for it to have been intentional on MBarnum's part, IMO.  I could, of course, be wrong, but I have never known him to express himself in that manner on the forum.  And he was responding to another post in which the "other" little/mini-Indias were described as being "restaurant-oriented"....thus, eating "Indian" meant food....  

I'd be very much surprised if he intended it as a double-entendre.  I could be wrong.  But it would seem out of character to me.   Not like the "in character" pouncing upon it as I did.  (He-he-he!)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:45:23 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #535 on: April 17, 2007, 11:37:07 PM »

I've never seen "Ishtar."  Should I?

;)

Only if you see "Heaven's Gate" first....and LOVE it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #536 on: April 17, 2007, 11:43:10 PM »

No one else logged in...odd

So, Ms. Patti....a number of folks jumped on the advice bandwagon on your behalf this morning.

Did you make any decisions about the prison outfit?  Did you "do your scene" even though you didn't want to?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #537 on: April 17, 2007, 11:46:15 PM »

ND no longer has mountains, the mountain removal project was finished years ago in ND...

Truly?  Whatever did the mountains do to ND?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up