Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: LICORICE TWIST  (Read 54986 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:LICORICE TWIST
« Reply #330 on: April 17, 2007, 02:20:09 PM »

The drywall man will come on Thursday.

I love that play!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #331 on: April 17, 2007, 02:22:51 PM »

The following link is the excitement i found today when I came to work. The place was swarming with dogs, cops and more cops and lots and lots of yellow caution tape.... Today's ex

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=162970&section=news
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #332 on: April 17, 2007, 02:23:43 PM »

Joe Meek is pretty cool. He has an entry in the Big Book of Weirdos as he was a bit of a maniac, kind of like Phil Spector, except Meek killed himself. Which is a good lesson for maniacs, I think. If you think you are going to go on a killing spree, shoot yourself first. But I guess if they thought logically, they wouldn't be maniacs.

Anyways, like Phil Spector, Joe Meek's sound is pretty identifiable, as in the aforementioned "Telstar," and another smash he produced "Have I the Right?" by the Honeycombs.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #333 on: April 17, 2007, 02:25:43 PM »

That's more excitement than we like, isn't it, DakotaCelt.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:25:59 PM by DearReaderLaura »
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #334 on: April 17, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »

Have you watched these things?  It's quite hard to keep them separate.  And, much as I hate to say it, DR MBarnum was wrong.

Perhaps there should be a "Bollywood Challenge" -- for every Bollywood movie any Hainsie/Kimlet watches, DR MBarnum has to watch a classic American film he has never seen before...which is seemingly "a lot" of them.

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Miss Karen

« Reply #335 on: April 17, 2007, 02:26:06 PM »

"The end"

Eureka!  That's it! I'm done!! Why didn't I think of that?!  Brilliant, creative, original -- AND existential.

My conclusion for my paper: "The End" (Mr. P)  -- due credit noted on the Works Cited page...

Time to run it off and get it delivered! (as she dances around the study)..

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #336 on: April 17, 2007, 02:27:24 PM »

Eureka!  That's it! I'm done!! Why didn't I think of that?!  Brilliant, creative, original -- AND existential.

My conclusion for my paper: "The End" (Mr. P)  -- due credit noted on the Works Cited page...

Time to run it off and get it delivered! (as she dances around the study)..

I thought "simple and direct" was the way for you to go.

It's clean.

It's finite.

It's wunderbar!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Miss Karen

« Reply #337 on: April 17, 2007, 02:27:43 PM »

Hi DCelt ~ It's always nice to be missed!  And I am, likewise, glad to see you back posting.  How's your dad?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #338 on: April 17, 2007, 02:28:49 PM »

I know he must be looking forward to Thursday.

;)

(sorry DRLaura, but I could NOT resist)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #339 on: April 17, 2007, 02:29:08 PM »

Perhaps there should be a "Bollywood Challenge" -- for every Bollywood movie any Hainsie/Kimlet watches, DR MBarnum has to watch a classic American film he has never seen before...which is seemingly "a lot" of them.

;)

That's quite a good suggestion.  I'm afraid to tell him THE QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE is coming out on DVD.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #340 on: April 17, 2007, 02:30:04 PM »

Crazy last few days. I thought I was changing jobs, but happily am not as a new offer came through and I will no longer have to work in Queens. Hooray!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #341 on: April 17, 2007, 02:30:11 PM »

I thought "simple and direct" was the way for you to go.

It's clean.

It's finite.

It's wunderbar!

It's delightful.

It's delectable.

It's delovely!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #342 on: April 17, 2007, 02:31:13 PM »

Have you watched these things?

To me, they're like dazzling light displays.  But a little goes a long way.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #343 on: April 17, 2007, 02:31:14 PM »

I think that's in the VCR for Friday.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #344 on: April 17, 2007, 02:31:20 PM »

Mr. Spirtas has left the premises.  Interestingly, "Laura" was discussed, and prior to my reading the suggestion here.  Mr. Spirtas will most likely not be at the Courts show - I think he got some kind of gig.

Serendipity!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Miss Karen

« Reply #345 on: April 17, 2007, 02:31:50 PM »

DR MISS KAREN - as a fellow community theatre costumer, do you know how to make seamed stockings?  I learned it on YAHOO.

I haven't had to do seams yet, but I always heard just take a black marker down the back of the leg.  What does Yahoo preach?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #346 on: April 17, 2007, 02:32:36 PM »

Crazy last few days. I thought I was changing jobs, but happily am not as a new offer came through and I will no longer have to work in Queens. Hooray!!

Still with Playbill?

But you don't have to work in Queens?

How about with?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #347 on: April 17, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »

To me, they're like dazzling light displays.  But a little goes a long way.

Unlike traditional musicals, the musical numbers take me totally out of th e film's reality.  DR Mbarnum sent me one with John Abraham; he and the woman are plotting to kill her husband (DOUBLE INDEMNITY ripoff) and suddenly the woman is singing and dancing around her terrarium in a blue negligee.  It was soooooo in character that I was aghast, agape, and agog.  At the same time.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:34:50 PM by elmore3003 »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #348 on: April 17, 2007, 02:34:02 PM »

I read that due to the Virginia Tech slayings, tomorrow night's new episode of BONES which dealt with the death of a student whose body was found under the bleachers in a gym has been pulled and a rerun substituted. Probably a good idea.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #349 on: April 17, 2007, 02:35:12 PM »

I know not the answer to that last question, RP, but for the first the answers are yes and yes. Moving to the Manhattan office.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #350 on: April 17, 2007, 02:36:31 PM »

OK, bk, I'll be recording THS SOPRANOS on DVDs to send to you. There are nine episodes in this last batch, so I'll keep it two episodes per disc to keep the quality up.

Usually after three episodes have run, HBO will play the first three episodes on a Friday night, so I'll keep an eye open for the rerun of that first episode.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #351 on: April 17, 2007, 02:39:01 PM »

That's more excitement than we like, isn't it, DakotaCelt.

YEP!

Miss Karen

« Reply #352 on: April 17, 2007, 02:39:14 PM »

I really, really DON'T want to know how you know that!!!   ;)

It's on the TV/news ALL the time -- that's Arizona! Go figure -- we're just crazy like that...voyuers! ...watching our prisoners in their pink boxers (and I dont' mean DR Music Guy)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #353 on: April 17, 2007, 02:39:29 PM »

I read that due to the Virginia Tech slayings, tomorrow night's new episode of BONES which dealt with the death of a student whose body was found under the bleachers in a gym has been pulled and a rerun substituted. Probably a good idea.

A very wise idea....

Tomovoz

« Reply #354 on: April 17, 2007, 02:39:35 PM »

TOD: The Bump.

Tomovoz can perhaps comment on Penny McLean and her international smash "Lady Bump" and follow-up, "Wizard Bump."

As it happens I transferred my Silver Convention songs to Cd the other day!
"Fly Robin Fly.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Miss Karen

« Reply #355 on: April 17, 2007, 02:40:29 PM »

It's on the TV/news ALL the time -- that's Arizona! Go figure -- we're just crazy like that...voyuers! ...watching our prisoners in their pink boxers (and I dont' mean DR Music Guy)

Although, I guess DR MusicGuy is our little HHW Prisoner of Love... :-*

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #356 on: April 17, 2007, 02:41:08 PM »

I have noticed that the hall light is old and looks shabby with the new paint job.

That's the curse of remodelling. The mushroom effect!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #357 on: April 17, 2007, 02:43:07 PM »

I know not the answer to that last question, RP, but for the first the answers are yes and yes. Moving to the Manhattan office.

Ooooh....UPTOWN Rodzinski!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #358 on: April 17, 2007, 02:43:56 PM »

It was soooooo in character that I was aghast, agape, and agog.  At the same time.

I am familiar.....

Miss Karen

« Reply #359 on: April 17, 2007, 02:44:15 PM »

Miss Karen - DHS has a job opening for you!

der Brucer

How fun!!  Getting to work for my man Cheney!!  Hooh-hah!!  ... NOT!!!  :P to that!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18   Go Up