Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: DUM DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM DUM DUM - DUM  (Read 68891 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:DUM DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM DUM DUM - DUM
« Reply #390 on: April 20, 2007, 07:20:17 PM »

Thanks Jose.  I found a hotel with a 15 minute walk to the Town Center, and then they said you can circle the center in 10 minutes.  LOL- I will have to do a lot of circling to get a decent walk in.  I don’t care about nature, just want a safe long walk.  Unfortunately the hotels I called said there isn’t a metro close by for a quick trip into the city.  I would have to shuttle to the airport & then take two

Once I have my luggage there will be too much to take the metro.  I need my bag & then a larger one to take Craig a few essential, such as towels.  I don’t what I can manage to take him, he needs so much & there will be so little space.

I’ll check the Town Center hotels.  This isn’t a pleasure trip so I’m trying to keep the costs down.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #391 on: April 20, 2007, 07:23:02 PM »

'night

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #392 on: April 20, 2007, 07:25:40 PM »

Thanks Jose.  I found a hotel with a 15 minute walk to the Town Center, and then they said you can circle the center in 10 minutes.  LOL- I will have to do a lot of circling to get a decent walk in.  I don’t care about nature, just want a safe long walk.  Unfortunately the hotels I called said there isn’t a metro close by for a quick trip into the city.  I would have to shuttle to the airport & then take two

Once I have my luggage there will be too much to take the metro.  I need my bag & then a larger one to take Craig a few essential, such as towels.  I don’t what I can manage to take him, he needs so much & there will be so little space.

I’ll check the Town Center hotels.  This isn’t a pleasure trip so I’m trying to keep the costs down.

Jane, where is Craig going again?  Does he already have a place there?  Is there some address (in care of someone) where needed essentials could be sent in advance?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

François

« Reply #393 on: April 20, 2007, 07:38:14 PM »

As coincidence would have it, we watched the delightful and charming Jean-Pierre Cassel in "Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines" only last weekend.  74 is YOUNG. Very sad news.

This picture's for you, Tom!

http://www.rongoodwin.co.uk/4026a.jpg

Ben

« Reply #394 on: April 20, 2007, 07:43:30 PM »

I have the LP version of the 1964 Cradle Will Rock with Jerry Orbach.

What widescreen did I cause? I don't remember posting any big pictures or long Web links?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #395 on: April 20, 2007, 07:52:24 PM »

Jeanne - as I said, I had to go back to storage to get more copies of some titles you wanted.  That was done yesterday, hence your package was shipped yesterday.

Thanks for the update, Bruce. I recall you saying you had to go back into storage, but I didn't know that was for MY stuff. I've had numerous problems with the mail here, so I do like to keep an eye out for things I'm expecting.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #396 on: April 20, 2007, 08:03:44 PM »

Jeeeeez, Amy, you talk about this show like you had some kind of personal connection to it...!
OK, OK, I just ordered Season One on DVD via Amazon. Quit shovin'!

Don't be scared off by the pilot...they fixed a lot of things over the next couple of episodes. Stick with it and I think you might enjoy it! Each season gets better, too!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #397 on: April 20, 2007, 08:03:56 PM »

I have the LP version of the 1964 Cradle Will Rock with Jerry Orbach.

What widescreen did I cause? I don't remember posting any big pictures or long Web links?

Who posted the Amazon link to tHE ROBBER BRIDEGROOM?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #398 on: April 20, 2007, 08:08:02 PM »

I should have said "artistic flop"! ;D

I liked it very much, and the latest DVD incarnation looks fabulous, and the DTS surround sound is astounding.

There is a Blu-ray version available, but since I've only had the SD version for a few months, I thought it was too early for an upgrade.

The film has had numerous releases on tape, laserdisc, DVD, and now Blu-ray, so I'd say it was a very popular movie to get that many different releases.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #399 on: April 20, 2007, 08:13:07 PM »

I finished that episode of THE WILD WILD WEST it took me three installments to get through. It turned out to be a scary dream of Artemus', and when he woke up, he and Jim West got their prisoner and started on their trip, only . . . ,

the beginning of their journey was exactly the same as the beginning of the dream, so it seemed to be happening all over again.

Looks like the writer had just finished watching DEAD OF NIGHT.

Matt H.

« Reply #400 on: April 20, 2007, 08:16:28 PM »

Next, I put in BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY MOON.

It's an enjoyable follow-up to ON MOONLIGHT BAY. I think it's too long with too many plot strands, and more break ups and make-ups between protagonists than just about any other musical I can think of. But the singing is lovely.

Warners has made a mess of the transfer, unfortunately. Some of it looks fabulous - very sharp and with good (though not excellent) color. But other parts are soft, the color is very pale in some scenes, color registration is a problem in a couple of scenes, and there are color fluctuations within scenes sometimes, too. Really disappointing. ON MOONLIGHT BAY looked much better.

Matt H.

« Reply #401 on: April 20, 2007, 08:18:14 PM »

RAINES had an affecting episode tonight with the murder of a 10 year old girl. Not much mystery but some sensitive and well played scenes. Next week is the series finale.

Matt H.

« Reply #402 on: April 20, 2007, 08:19:09 PM »

I finshed the evening watching a GREY'S ANATOMY episode from the season 1 DVD set. This was the one with the woman having a fifty pound tumor. One of my favorite episodes of the first season.

Edisaurus

« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2007, 08:20:35 PM »

(Blush) Well, it's a very flattering photo of me, as I'm sure Amy will confirm.

It's a nice photo, but you're much cuddlier in person!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #404 on: April 20, 2007, 08:36:03 PM »

Nytol!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #405 on: April 20, 2007, 08:37:14 PM »

I changed my mind at the last minute and went to THRILL ME.  So no one else has seen it?  I liked it. Both men were sort of weak in their upper range, but it was good. I can tell from listening to excerpts on Amazon that they cut some of the sexual lyrics, but to have male on male kissing more than once on a Sioux City stage was pretty daring.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #406 on: April 20, 2007, 08:39:40 PM »

Although the actors' singing was a bit weak at times, they were effective. It was done in a very small theatre. There was a Q & A afterward and most of the audience said there were times they were so uncomfortable (as they were supposed to be) that the wanted to leave.  No one left before the Q & A, which was nice

Cillaliz

« Reply #407 on: April 20, 2007, 08:41:32 PM »

The score was ok, but the music seemed to be the same song over and over with different lyrics.  I am thinking about buying it to hear it with strong voices. So, I guess I can't say it was bad, lol

Tomovoz

« Reply #408 on: April 20, 2007, 08:43:43 PM »

I love creativity in theatre.

"Sunny", a young man who lives for his music caught up in local rivalry between East and West London crews, he meets and falls in love with "Rose", daughter of the East End's notroiuos club owner "Ma Baker".  Echoing Romeo and Juliet, the lovers' relationship fuels hostility between the two gangs, leaving their families face to face with past secrets and forcing them to confront their future.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #409 on: April 20, 2007, 08:45:11 PM »

and yes it is a West End Musical.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #410 on: April 20, 2007, 08:50:59 PM »

Don't be scared off by the pilot...they fixed a lot of things over the next couple of episodes. Stick with it and I think you might enjoy it! Each season gets better, too!

Trust me. I am a veteran TV watcher and am overly familiar with Gradual Series Improvement Phenomenon (GSIP). Some shows start with a bang and spend the rest of their existence trying to live up to the promise of their pilots (LOST, anybody?). But so many more tend to pick up steam as they go along: Veronica Mars, Everwood, Brothers & Sisters, and even my favorite show of all time, Sports Night, took a while to find their stride.

On the other hand, if the first five minutes of The Closer don't instantly grab me, the DVD set is going straight in the trash can!

:)

B

Cillaliz

« Reply #411 on: April 20, 2007, 08:52:20 PM »

Thrill Me, fills in the story of the relationship between Leopold and Loeb. They were really just boys. They were only 17 and 18 years old. I thought the story he came up with was very interesting.  I'm glad I saw it.

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #412 on: April 20, 2007, 08:53:31 PM »

It wasn't me. Honest. Really, don't bother checking the archive, because it was definitely someone other than me. Seriously. It was one of the HHW Gods. Yeah. That's the ticket.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #413 on: April 20, 2007, 08:56:30 PM »

Trust me. I am a veteran TV watcher and am overly familiar with Gradual Series Improvement Phenomenon (GSIP). Some shows start with a bang and spend the rest of their existence trying to live up to the promise of their pilots (LOST, anybody?). But so many more tend to pick up steam as they go along: Veronica Mars, Everwood, Brothers & Sisters, and even my favorite show of all time, Sports Night, took a while to find their stride.

And you haven't been disturbed by the decline and fall of MONK?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #414 on: April 20, 2007, 08:58:38 PM »

Thrill Me, fills in the story of the relationship between Leopold and Loeb. They were really just boys. They were only 17 and 18 years old. I thought the story he came up with was very interesting.  I'm glad I saw it.

DR Cillaliz, you might enjoy this strange film about Leopold and Loeb.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #415 on: April 20, 2007, 08:59:20 PM »

And now, g'night!

Matt H.

« Reply #416 on: April 20, 2007, 08:59:30 PM »

I'm heading down to bed now.

Good night!

François

« Reply #417 on: April 20, 2007, 09:03:21 PM »

Brettymacaroni!! He did it! He did it!

Cillaliz

« Reply #418 on: April 20, 2007, 09:09:55 PM »

DR Cillaliz, you might enjoy this strange film about Leopold and Loeb.

Thanks Larry, you're right, I think I would enjoy it.   It really is a fascinating case

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #419 on: April 20, 2007, 09:12:26 PM »

Back from a French motion picture entertainment and some chow at Mel's Diner.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up