Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: UP IN ARMS  (Read 41548 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:UP IN ARMS
« Reply #150 on: July 11, 2007, 09:23:05 AM »

Dear Friends:

Many thanks to all of you who have inquired after my well-being.  Also, apologies to those who have been concerned.

I am taking a break, of sorts, from daily postings.  It's true I post at other forums.  But not to the extent that I've posted here over the years, and certainly not frequently, of late.

I am sorting through some issues that have been on my mind, as well as facing a heavier workload at the office.  I'm truly not sure when/if I'll return "to form" but I do consider myself part of the HHW family and will post from time to time.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #151 on: July 11, 2007, 09:25:03 AM »

Urgent News Item:

PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY DESTROYED BY FLOOD

Crawford, Texas - A tragic flood this morning destroyed the personal library of President Bush. The flood began in the presidential bathroom where both
books were kept.

The books have been lost.  A presidential spokesman said the President is devastated, since he was almost finished coloring the second one.

The White House tried to call FEMA, but there was no answer.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: July 11, 2007, 09:25:46 AM »

Isn't this the same place that gives you grief on a regular basis with every release? If so, why do you return to them?

The woman who is the go-between between me and the plants, has used several different plants - we'd actually been getting things on time or even early for a few releases, but it's turned to merde for the repressing of Skinner/Ripley and now this.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: July 11, 2007, 09:26:55 AM »

Question for BK:

Why aren't the rights to your play available to theater companies as soon as you finish the script?

How does that process work?

Because we control those rights, and until we make them available through one of the publishing houses, the rights can only be granted by us.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2007, 09:29:53 AM »

Why aren't the rights to your play available to theater companies as soon as you finish the script?

I guess my question should have been, why don't you make those rights available as soon as you finish the script.

Because we control those rights, and until we make them available through one of the publishing houses, the rights can only be granted by us.

So you could give that British company permission right now  if you wanted to? But you want them to deal with a publishing house instead?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:31:18 AM by 3DDiffusion »
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

Ginny

« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2007, 09:38:10 AM »

Question for BK:

Can you repeat how one goes about acquiring shares in The Brain from Planet X?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2007, 09:38:35 AM »

I guess my question should have been, why don't you make those rights available as soon as you finish the script.So you could give that British company permission right now  if you wanted to? But you want them to deal with a publishing house instead?

Yes, of course we could make the rights available to anyone at anytime.  The issue is that doing so makes it seem like you've released it for stock and amateur, and then that pretty much damns it in the eyes of producers who might like to put on a first class production in NY, for example, or elsewhere.  I still may let the UK people do it, since it's a university and wouldn't have visibility.  

3DDiffusion

« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2007, 09:40:44 AM »

The issue is that doing so makes it seem like you've released it for stock and amateur, and then that pretty much damns it in the eyes of producers who might like to put on a first class production in NY, for example, or elsewhere

Ooh! I get it now!  I hadn't thought of it like that.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:41:18 AM by 3DDiffusion »
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2007, 09:41:02 AM »

Urgent News Item:

Crawford, Texas - A tragic flood this morning destroyed the personal library of President Bush. The flood began in the presidential bathroom where both
books were kept.

The books have been lost.  A presidential spokesman said the President is devastated, since he was almost finished coloring the second one.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Hey, DR RonPulliam! Good to see you.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2007, 09:41:05 AM »

I do consider myself part of the HHW family and will post from time to time.

Yea!    :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2007, 09:41:49 AM »

FJL has the same issue with The Last Starfighter - they've had several inquiries, I think, and have had this same decision to make.  Maybe he can chime in with his thoughts, too.

singdaw

« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2007, 09:42:18 AM »

this may be the Outer Limits episodes that you are thinking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Premonition

WOW, DR JRand56...that very well could be it!  Thanks so much for the research!    :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2007, 09:42:22 AM »

Twenty minutes until I have to go through the crap of starting a rush on the Milla CD with new people.

singdaw

« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2007, 09:44:29 AM »

UP IN ARMS?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #164 on: July 11, 2007, 09:45:40 AM »

Are we talking about the Great Performances version? I thought he played the White Knight in that.

Burton did it on B'way, Myrle did it for Great Performances.

Whoops--I'm misrembering!  Kate Burton repeated the Le Gallienne production on PBS, and Myrle Street did the Elizabeth Swados musical version.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 09:59:00 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #165 on: July 11, 2007, 09:56:13 AM »

DR JMK - I meant to respond to this yesterday... I do remember coming across a piano reduction of the whole "Lt. Kije Suite" when I was a working at the sheet music store.  I think it may have been published by Masters Music Publications.  -However, I just checked their site, and it's not listed, so... -But I do remember it being carried by one of those reprint houses.  Have you checked the Dover listings?

Betsy found a viola/piano duet at the library, which is fine--the viola part is on the piano score, so I can punt.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #166 on: July 11, 2007, 10:04:19 AM »

Quote from: Tomovoz on Today at 12:39:50am
DR Edi your "in box" is full!

You watch your phraseology!

Hey, it isn't any worse than "Morning, Woody!"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:05:05 AM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #167 on: July 11, 2007, 10:05:55 AM »

Thanks presumably to the Kritzerland CD of Last Starfighter, we've had a good amount of inquiries from schools and small theaters - but Bruce is right, it makes it look less attractive to potential commercial producers.  Also, when you give it over to schools and small theaters, the writers can't expect to have any involvement in those productions, so it could diminish the value of your property if you start getting (in visible markets, at least) sub-par reviews of the piece based on such productions.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2007, 10:06:16 AM »

Urgent News Item:

books were kept.

Just what we needed... potty humor.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2007, 10:12:40 AM »

Agitation does not equal sleep.
Have you ever tried sleeping on top of a washing machine?

I thought not.

Same general effect.

It's the spin-dry cycle that does me in, every time.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2007, 10:14:43 AM »

...I had a call today from someone who wants to audition - a person from the cast of the film I like to call The First Nudie Musical.
Ron Howard, or the "Stunt" guy?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2007, 10:29:44 AM »

Has anyone seen this trailer for the new mysterious J.J. Abrams movie?  They started showing it this weekend with the TRANSFORMERS movie.  It's causing all kind of to-do on the web.

It's exactly like something out of one of my invaders from space/end of the world nightmares.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2007, 10:30:17 AM »

Also sounds like a Star Trek episode. In 'real' time, the characters heard the buzzing of gnats, but in the 'alternate time' they stood like statues while the characters - Kirk - tried to figure out what was going on. And if they bumped into something, they'd turn to dust.
(over the intercom): Clean-up on aisle seven!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2007, 10:41:37 AM »

Yes, I'm very sad to read about Jerry Hadley. Very disconcerting.
Depression kills.

What is worse, most people living with depression cannot recognize it for what it is - an emotional instability caused by chemical imbalances in the brain.  It mimics other emotions, and amplifies them in degrees that can be terrifying.

I generally try to stay away from this board when I'm depressed, because it causes me to over-react.  Fortunately, I've a very good support net in der Brucer, who can usually spot my depressions before I do.

My heart goes out to Mr. Hadley.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2007, 10:44:49 AM »

This woman will RUE the day.
Equal parts flour and oil, over a low heat.

No, wait, that's a roux.  Never mind.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2007, 10:47:19 AM »

Ginny is closing in on post 5555.
That could make for an interesting tattoo!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2007, 10:54:25 AM »

Yesterday's errands:

Our first stop was the Rehoboth Beach Farmer's Market.  I found some very nice black raspberries, some banana peppers, what should be a very good cheesebread to go with tonight's quiche, and some cucumbers.  I don't know what all der Brucer found, other than some fresh peaches, but I think one of the peaches, along with my raspberries, should make a very nice fruit salad, dressed with some key lime yogurt.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 11:03:21 AM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2007, 11:02:57 AM »

We then went over to Partner's for a well-earned Rob Roy or two.  While there, we got in a conversation with one of the waiters, Jason Robert Cook, who is on a break from the national tour of Jesus Christ Superstar.  We mentioned our DR Jose, and Jason remembered the name but couldn't quite place it with the face.  Jason will be returning to the tour in November, as dance captain and part of the ensemble.

Dear BK:  Could you please send me by personal mail the info on casting for Brain?  I don't know if Jason would fit any of your requirements, but every contact helps, right?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2007, 11:08:20 AM »

Finishing out the errandizing, der B and I headed up to the movin' pik-chure thee-a-tur to get our tix for Harry Potter, Part Five, and then to WalMart to get a new toilet seat (and a stack of cheapo DVDs), and some peanut butter at the store.  And home again, home again, hippity-hop.

Fletcher, the Dalmatian, is not pleased with the new toilet seat.  The old one was cushioned foam, and easy to lift.  The new one is hardwood, which is heavier and produces a definate clank when it falls back onto the toilet rim.  The clank doesn't bother him, since he's deaf, but he doesn't like how we've made it harder for him to reach his favorite water bowl.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 11:10:44 AM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2007, 11:09:50 AM »

Last night, in the middle of EUReKA, there was a series of clanks eminating from the bathroom.  The protest was duly noted.  Hilarity ensued.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15   Go Up