Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: UP IN ARMS  (Read 41540 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:UP IN ARMS
« Reply #180 on: July 11, 2007, 11:21:22 AM »

Dear Friends:

Many thanks to all of you who have inquired after my well-being.  Also, apologies to those who have been concerned.
I figured you were still alive.  A google on your name showed some activity on the other boards.

Keep well.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #181 on: July 11, 2007, 11:22:17 AM »

I have no ideas as to what to post for a page seven dance.

None at all.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #182 on: July 11, 2007, 11:25:02 AM »

The woman who is the go-between between me and the plants, has used several different plants

So it's not her so much as the plants, and you may find the same trouble wherever you go.

Though of course she shouldn't ignore your emails!
I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: July 11, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »

Had a long meeting with the pressing plant lady.  I now know where the plant is and can simply drive over there if there are any further problems.  They screwed up and sat on the print files for two weeks before delivering it to the printer - hence the print isn't finishing until this afternoon, at which point it will go to the plant - the discs are already pressed, so I'll have them tomorrow.  

I told her that if we're to continue, and it's a big if, I will need guarantees from her and the plant regarding due dates, and if due dates are not met, then the job is free.  If either of them are unwilling to do that, then I'm gone.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2007, 11:30:04 AM »

Speaking of gone, I must shortly be on my way to LACC for a meeting.

3DDiffusion

« Reply #185 on: July 11, 2007, 11:30:40 AM »

- but Bruce is right, it makes it look less attractive to potential commercial producers.

Seems like a Catch-22. You don't want university theaters to produce it because it cheapens the product, but if you can't get a commercial producer, no one will ever see it anyway.

I never look back. It distracts from the now.
---Edna Mode

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: July 11, 2007, 11:39:28 AM »

The NY Times finally jumps into the Hadley situation:http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/11/arts/music/11cnd-hadley.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #187 on: July 11, 2007, 11:42:25 AM »

Yes, anyone who wants to read, can come see me here - they just have to be willing to get to NY on their own dime.  In fact, I had a call today from someone who wants to audition - a person from the cast of the film I like to call The First Nudie Musical.

Alan Abelew? Diana Canova? Stephen Nathan? Joy Full?
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #188 on: July 11, 2007, 11:51:05 AM »

The NY Times finally jumps into the Hadley situation:http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/11/arts/music/11cnd-hadley.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Oh, this is shocking and so sad.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #189 on: July 11, 2007, 11:51:53 AM »

Diana Canova?

I love just saying her name!  :)

I know, I'm weird!   :P

singdaw

« Reply #190 on: July 11, 2007, 11:53:04 AM »

Joy Full?

Beethoven certainly knew her!

Joy Full, Joy Full, we adore you!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #191 on: July 11, 2007, 12:02:25 PM »

'Tis time for der B and I to head to the moom pikature show.

Quiche, chowdah, and salad afters.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #192 on: July 11, 2007, 12:04:01 PM »

From DRLaura:
It's not an "if," it is a "when."

I began to write when & changed it to if thinking I didn't want to jinx anything.

Jane

« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »

Sorry to hear about Doug Marlette. He was much loved here in Atlanta, and the first political cartoonist I read regularly. I didn't know he was writing books, too.

I highly recommend reading THE BRIDGE.

Ginny

« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2007, 12:09:34 PM »

Also, Playbill Arts.

Very sad news.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #195 on: July 11, 2007, 12:20:26 PM »

Gerritt Graham?

Jane

« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2007, 12:21:36 PM »

DP Colin and I have only three more episodes of "Deadwood" to watch.
I would not have believed I could get so involved in a "Western". I think Matt H. was the only other person on the board who watched it.

We recently watched the first two episodes.  Season 1, disc 2 arrived yesterday.

Too often we have trouble understanding what they are saying which is very distracting.

singdaw

« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2007, 12:23:14 PM »

singdaw

« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2007, 12:34:32 PM »

A question for those DRs who enjoy television series on DVD via Netflix, etc...

I believe you get them in the mail, one disc at a time...i.e., Season 2, Disc 4.

How long do you typically wait for delivery of the next disc?  Is it a problem remembering what was going on with the various story arcs when the next disc arrives?

I'm thinking it might make a difference, too, which series.  For example, Lost seems more intricately plotted, whereas the delay wouldn't bother me on a show like Quantum Leap, where the story arcs don't reach over many episodes.

MBarnum

« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2007, 12:35:34 PM »

I forgot to mention that while I did not get to stop and eat at Papayaking in NYC, they did have one at the airport where I had one of their delicious hot dogs.

Jane

« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2007, 12:37:54 PM »

Last night, in the middle of EUReKA, there was a series of clanks eminating from the bathroom.  The protest was duly noted.  Hilarity ensued.

;D

Jane

« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2007, 12:46:37 PM »

I love just saying her name!  :)

I know, I'm weird!   :P

Not weird, or we both are.  Her name is fun to say.:)

When we order a series on NetFlix we usually begin with the first disc, just to be sure we want to continue.  Then we space the discs, maybe two or three numbers apart, on our queue.  

With DEADWOOD we received the 2nd disc a couple of days after returning the first one.  Since we don't watch more than one episode a night it works for us.  You can place the entire series at the top of your queue and get them faster.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2007, 01:12:48 PM »

Very glad DR Ron Pulliam posted to give us the head's up. Now that we know what's happening, we can all relax.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2007, 01:16:38 PM »

I began my afternoon finishing SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM which I began rewatching last night.

It's so funny: even though I've seen this four or five times now, I always forget portions of the story. For example, when Donald goes to the prison to see the man arrested for the murder (he's innocent), I didn't remember that this even happened this time! And the next-to-final scene with Morgan Fairchild I had also forgotten from my last viewing.

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2007, 01:19:12 PM »

Sounds like beaucoup de frustration with the pressings,about the only consolation being that I hadn't placed my orders yet so it was a good reminder. Back to work tomorrow and I'll be able to get myself Kritzerland ready.

Matt H.

« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2007, 01:19:36 PM »

Next, I watched a MURDER SHE WROTE episode with another big guest star cast: Donald O'Connor, Connie Stevens, Anne Francis, Elaine Joyce, Sheldon Leonard, Gavin McLeod, Donnie Most. The three girl singing group is reuniting for a special, and a murder happens in the same theater where another unsolved murder had happened 25 years previously. Very entertaining mystery; actually, Jessica solves two murders in this one.

Matt H.

« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2007, 01:22:42 PM »

IVAN'S CHILDHOOD did come in the mail today, so I watched it to end my afternoon, a haunting story of a preteen doing spy work for the Russians on the German front at the end of World War II. This was the first film of Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky (probably best known for SOLARIS), and what an auspicious debut it was!

td

• td
« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2007, 01:24:35 PM »

I will be watching JESSE JAMES today. I'm hoping the Fox DVD looks good because it is a three-strip Technicolor production, and Tyrone Power in good Technicolor (especially in his younger years) is awesome to watch.

To me, Tyrone Power is reason enough to watch ANYTHING.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2007, 01:40:58 PM »

Have you ever tried sleeping on top of a washing machine?

I know several folks who swear by that as a sure fire method to get babies to sleep.

Maybe it mimics the effects of riding in a car. I also had one friend who strapped the baby on her back on the riding mower (seems dangerous to me, but...) and it always put her baby to sleep. Sometimes she did this even when the lawn didn't need mowing!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #209 on: July 11, 2007, 01:41:59 PM »

Urgent News Item:

PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY DESTROYED BY FLOOD

I just read that to my clients---made them laugh.

You've been missed, Ron!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15   Go Up