Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIDAY THE 13TH  (Read 51855 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:FRIDAY THE 13TH
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2007, 10:56:53 AM »

The Virgin Megastore is offering the next Harry Potter at 40% for V.I.P. (Virgin Important Person) members.  And since I'm a V.I.P., well...  We'll see.

And I thought it meant Virgin In Position!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 10:57:06 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2007, 11:00:15 AM »

Glad you liked it, Dan (the Man). I enjoy it quite a lot, too. My local video store, which specializes in cult and classic films, bought the first season, but it didn't do well. Rather sophisticated humor, I'd say. Perhaps best for those of us who have been in theatre or films. Does anyone know someone who really enjoys it but is also more mainstream? (Just curious.)

I was going to lend it to my sister this weekend.  I know that she will enjoy it on certain levels.  But not having done any theatre, I don't think she will find herself breaking out in tears at certain scenes like I did.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaīs Nin

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2007, 11:00:24 AM »

You can have Casual Friday at the office any day you want ;D

Every day is casual Friday in my editing room!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2007, 11:03:10 AM »

Our chef at work made coconut ice cream for dessert with a jalapeņo/grapefruit caramel sauce. Sounds weird, but my, it was delicious.

I was relieved to see that it was all gone by the time I went back to drop off my dishes.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singdaw

« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2007, 11:06:27 AM »

Mr. Time Warner Man has been rescheduled for tomorrow morning - first appointment.  We shall see.

Tell them that if Mr. Man is not on time, he'll have to answer to She of the Evil Eye!

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2007, 11:07:30 AM »

Oh yes, you're absolutely right. I have to chalk up that error to having just spent 5 hours in a hot bar. The leslie for the Hammond B3 did provide a bit of air circulation...

.....Oh my, I'm now impressed more...... dear DR Edi actually knows what a Leslie is !  :o   My first professional "saloon gig" many years ago.... playing a B-3 with 2 Leslies at "The Turf Club" in a suburb of L.A.

AND dear Amy.... thanks very much for your very thoughtful gift!!  I sent it off to the right place, and it will go to help someone in the arts.  I send you a big ol' dinosaur hug !   ;D

singdaw

« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2007, 11:08:38 AM »

(Virgin Important Person) members.  And since I'm a V.I.P., well...

With the emphasis on the Person part?  ;)

MusicGuy

« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2007, 11:08:39 AM »

And, to quote the pert and pixie-like pianist of HHW......

"...I'm home, I'm home......."

Ben

« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2007, 11:09:33 AM »

Mr. Time Warner Man got hung up on an earlier appointment.  Of course, there wasn't supposed to be an earlier appointment than mine, so one wonders just how stupid the schedulars are.

Mr. Time Warner Man has been rescheduled for tomorrow morning - first appointment.  We shall see.

Oh, my, the schedulers for Time Warner bring a whole new level to the word incompetent. They are most likely not even in California (or wherever you call from if you're unlucky enough to have Time-Warner as your provider). I know some people have no problem with Time-Warner but if it went belly up tomorrow I would cheer. I think Time-Warner is one of the most incompetent, badly run companies in the U.S. Although Comcast is bigger, TW has a monopoly in many cities and they provide excreable customer service. I loathe and despise that company like no other I have to deal with. It's one of the reasons I don't have high speed Internet service at home because I don't want more Time-Warner equipment in my home.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 11:11:19 AM by Ben »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2007, 11:10:40 AM »

IT LIVES!!!

MY iPod LIVES!!!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaīs Nin

MusicGuy

« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2007, 11:11:55 AM »

And now I have to slog through some paper piles on my desk.  :(

I'll check back in later though....... ta ta lovelies.

FJL

« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2007, 11:15:05 AM »

BK - The Cd's arrived at their destinations.  Thanks!

singdaw

« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2007, 11:18:20 AM »

IT LIVES!!!

MY iPod LIVES!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, DR Dan (the Man)!!!!   :D

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2007, 11:56:34 AM »

It's irrational I know, but I still think of him as" Jason Gray-pronounced Grah"; I seem to go thru hoops to get to the correct pronunciation. He and Fred Astaire and Bryn Terfel are my favorite"boy" singers; The DVD has SHAUN OF THE DEAD: I'm just biding my time 'till the even better sequel, HOT FUZZ< comes out on DVD. Car CD has FSM sdtk of Jerome Moross HUCKLEBERY FINN: I just finished FACE THE MUSIC and in the batters box is a bay city special(one more footlights order)Classical Hollwood Vol II(title?)with pieces by Von Korngold and Moross among others.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2007, 11:58:59 AM »

I am back for a few quick minutes. It's clouding up and we may be driving the 70 miles to Winston-Salem in the rain. Argh!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »

I think i'm blogging in the wrong place. Look elsewhere for my thoughts on Jason Graaepronounced Grah. My favorite boy singer. DVD has SHAUN OF THE DEAD and car cd has FSM release of Jerome Moross sdtk for HUCKLEBERRY FINN

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2007, 12:00:47 PM »

I started out my viewing by finishing THE GAY DIVORCEE which I started last night. I had not remembered much about the ending, so I was delighted to see it again.

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2007, 12:03:17 PM »

Next, I saw that I had two MURDER SHE WROTE episodes left in the 6th season set, so I watched both of them.

The first was a Cabot Cove mystery but Jessica was visiting in England, so he was only in the story for a couple of brief scenes talking to them on the telephone. Of course, she solves the case long distance, but we don't hear her resolution. It's relayed by Sheriff Metzger.

Guest stars included Elinor Donahue, Michael Horton, and David Warner.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2007, 12:05:42 PM »

And the final episode of season 6 was, believe it or not, another Jessica-less episode. I am VERY surprised that CBS chose to end the season with Jessica basically off camera.

Anyway, this was one of Michael Haggerty's espionage cases, so there was very little mystery (a couple of surprise revelations instead), and overall one of the weakest episodes in the history of the series. Joining Len Cariou as a guest star was Ian Ogilvy.

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2007, 12:07:10 PM »

I got two DVDs in the mail today from Beuna Vista, one an IMAX film on Mars and the other a title called RENAISSANCE starring Daniel Craig which looks like animation of some kind. I'll start with them when I get back in town tomorrow.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2007, 12:07:50 PM »

I am way behind. I have not even read the first Harry Potter book.

Neither have I. ::)

But I have seen the movies.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 12:13:02 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2007, 12:10:43 PM »

***SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES***
to DR Matt H., and enjoy the show!

George

« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2007, 12:13:20 PM »

I haven't read the article but I have already changed my home pages on IE 7 and Firefox from the news pages I usually read to blank Google pages. They will stay that way until I finish Harry Potter. I remember being furious at one of the news services during the last season of Six Feet Under because I hadn't yet seen a particular episode and the headline gave away a crucial plot point. This was before the episode had even been broadcast. I also had trouble with Sopranos spoilers from a couple of months ago. That's when I decided to go to blank Google pages.

Comcast has done that in the past, also.  But...you don't have HHW as your homepage??  I do and I've never been spoiled by spoliers! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »

singdaw - Milla was very touched by your comment about her CD winging its way to you.

George

« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »

Media Check:  

In my DVD player:  nothing

On my DVR:  a whole bunch of shows that I haven't had time to watch because of "Taming of the Shrew," but "Psych" is set up to be recorded tonight!

In my CD player at work:  on BK's recommendation, "Bill Evans Trio With Symphony Orchestra."  It arrived just yesterday!  AND a direct connection to ME is that Chuck Israels plays bass in the trio on the recording and he was the jazz choir director at Western Washington University when I was there (acutally, reading his long bio on his website, he's still the Director of Jazz Studies at WWU)...and I was in the jazz choir!  I knew him! ;D I haven't seen him since then, but we in the jazz choir got to know him and his wife and his daughter.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 12:24:30 PM by George »

brian

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2007, 12:26:30 PM »

Remember that scene in THE BIRDS where an actress slaps Tippi Hedren and says this started when you came here.Ii Think you 're EVIL<EVIL; That's how I feel about COMCAST(in Washtenaw County, SE Mich; next weekday off I'll have to waste time on the phone again trying to get a 7.5 hr deduction for the most recent time the cable was out I'd be willing to give Jack A O L Time-warner a try..

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2007, 12:30:57 PM »

***SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES***
to DR Matt H., and enjoy the show!

Thanks, DR Singdaw. Having seen the original in NYC, I'll be curious to see how well a local company handles it.

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2007, 12:32:53 PM »

Yes, I have to say that I've had no major beefs with Time-Warner here in Charlotte. Yes, they do have a monopoly on cable service, but I've only had good dealings with customer service, and I'm pleased with what I get for what I pay.

I do understand that it is not like this everywhere, and I don't blame folks balking at lousy service when it's the only game in town.

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2007, 12:33:54 PM »

Now, I need to close up shop here and get ready to leave. Hope everyone has a good rest of Friday, and I'll be back tomorrow.

Bye for now!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 12:34:08 PM by Matt H. »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2007, 12:34:26 PM »

Hi everyone, I've had quite a crazy day today. I've been watching a friend's dog, a high strung pekingese. She had advised me not to bring her to work, but the dog has been depressed and mooning and she's been chasing Killbot around the house. So I brought her to work and she ended up biting a kid- just a nip that barely broke the skin. It freaked me out more than the kid and we followed protocol to have him examined by nursing and he's fine but it really shook me up. I brought the dog home and now I'm just trying to unwind. We're watching Monday's episode of The Closer and catching up on paperwork.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17   Go Up