Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down

Author Topic: PIMPS, HUSTLERS, AND WHORES  (Read 54230 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:PIMPS, HUSTLERS, AND WHORES
« Reply #540 on: September 24, 2007, 08:02:54 PM »

Goodnight, TCB. Sweet dreams---be sure to sleep on the good shoulder!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #541 on: September 24, 2007, 08:03:35 PM »

BEautiful photos Tom... Magnus and Fosca look beautiful as does your garden...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #542 on: September 24, 2007, 08:03:58 PM »

Will we never get to page thirteen?

Probably.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #543 on: September 24, 2007, 08:04:03 PM »

Thanks DR Jose.  I've only used it to speak with a friend in the UK. I'm impressed so far (with the system).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #544 on: September 24, 2007, 08:04:43 PM »

Thanks you DR Dakota.  Fosca dislikes cameras!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #545 on: September 24, 2007, 08:05:09 PM »

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #546 on: September 24, 2007, 08:05:32 PM »

Alas, we are now entering fall and then winter...

Matt H.

« Reply #547 on: September 24, 2007, 08:07:23 PM »

Matt H.-

Did you ever view Anne Of The Thousand Days and Mary,Queen of Scots??

When I finished the set for WHAT ABOUT BRIAN tonight, I had 20 minutes left to watch something before the beginning of prime time. I picked out FORBIDDEN PLANET just because I could skip though it to get to a few scenes I wanted to see on the new TV. On this larger screen and at 1080p, I noticed more grain than I did in my previous TV. Flesh tones also seesawed back and forth between pale and richly saturated. Very strange.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #548 on: September 24, 2007, 08:07:41 PM »

Well, I scored my anticipated 99 bars today. Tomorrow morning, I have some work at Toyland, a trip to the copyist with the first 25 pages of score, and then to the performance of "The Brain." As soon as the show is over, though, I've got to get back to finish the next 100 bars or so.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #549 on: September 24, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »

This afternoon we took a drive, and this is what we saw:

We wondered if we should hurry in and get some gas before the price went up:

I am jealous... up until last weekend we were paying over 3.00!  WE are not down to 2.79

For several weeks we have actually paid more than parts of California for gas!

Matt H.

« Reply #550 on: September 24, 2007, 08:08:30 PM »

Will we never get to page fourteen?

Maybe.

Cillaliz

« Reply #551 on: September 24, 2007, 08:10:30 PM »

Well, I scored my anticipated 99 bars today. Tomorrow morning, I have some work at Toyland, a trip to the copyist with the first 25 pages of score, and then to the performance of "The Brain." As soon as the show is over, though, I've got to get back to finish the next 100 bars or so.

99 bars on th score today, 99 bars on the score.....

That's all I can do, the rest doesn't make sense

Tomovoz

« Reply #552 on: September 24, 2007, 08:11:47 PM »

Thanks also DR Edi.  My experience is "clarity" also.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #553 on: September 24, 2007, 08:12:11 PM »

Feel better vibes for TCB!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #554 on: September 24, 2007, 08:12:23 PM »

Pain free vibes for Micheal!

td

• td
« Reply #555 on: September 24, 2007, 08:13:15 PM »

Who sings "Do You Know Where You're Going To"?

DR singdaw will sing it, following his rendition of "The Waters of March," which is guaranteed to earn him a standing ovation - even from several audience members who remain seated.   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #556 on: September 24, 2007, 08:14:43 PM »

Tom, an acquaintance from oz sent me TimTam and they did not last... They are wonderful....

I am hoping to make a road trip to a store in St. Cloud sometime next month to get some more.

Edisaurus

« Reply #557 on: September 24, 2007, 08:15:06 PM »

Dr Cillaliz, my Dad is the same way. He would not see SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, because he lost most of his army friends there on the beach. He would not be around and I would not be here if he hadn't been in a jeep that rolled and crushed his foot. He served the rest of his duty in the mail room. The crushed foot has plagued him ever since and is the reason he is now in a wheelchair and is classified as a paralyzed vet. But at least he's still here.

I didn't recommend THE WAR to him. And I've decided to wait and buy the DVD's, too. Our local PBS station isn't broadcasting it in hi-def, so the picture is little and I know I will be missing some episodes and would rather watch the whole thing than bits and pieces here and there.

The episode Ken showed at the Full Frame festival, where we premiered our film, was episode 3. Excellent, as is the whole series.

There are extras tacked on to the end of certain episodes that deal with Native American and Hispanic soldiers. It seems that representatives from these groups thought there was not enough content about their contribution and threatened to boycott PBS and its sponsors so Peter had to round up stories and shoot even more interviews just when they thought they were done! They turned out well, though, I thought.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Tomovoz

« Reply #558 on: September 24, 2007, 08:16:47 PM »

not an albino Triffid
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #559 on: September 24, 2007, 08:17:15 PM »

99 bars on th score today, 99 bars on the score.....

That's all I can do, the rest doesn't make sense

Well, how about..

99 measures of music to score
99 measures to score
Break one down
Write out the sounds
98 measures of music to score...
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #560 on: September 24, 2007, 08:17:48 PM »

I wish I could stay thru Monday night. Not only will I miss the Plaza music and fireworks, and Splash, but I won't get to do my usual jazz crawl at St. Nicholas' pub and Lucy's. If only I had known I would be out of work!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #561 on: September 24, 2007, 08:18:02 PM »

I read taht also Edi and it was an issue that some native groups in ND raised...

Interestingly it has opened in a couple MN towns that have a connection to the film.

Cillaliz

« Reply #562 on: September 24, 2007, 08:18:09 PM »

Well, how about..

99 measures of music to score
99 measures to score
Break one down
Write out the sounds
98 measures of music to score...

Yeah that's what I meant  ;)  That's great

Edisaurus

« Reply #563 on: September 24, 2007, 08:18:23 PM »

I feel a millstone coming on.

Post #6,000!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #564 on: September 24, 2007, 08:18:39 PM »

Beautiful pics Tom!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #565 on: September 24, 2007, 08:18:58 PM »

Congrats Edi on your new milestone!

Tomovoz

« Reply #566 on: September 24, 2007, 08:19:01 PM »

The Dogs do have an interesting playground in which to play with the friendly rabbits!
James Thurber 1957

Edisaurus

« Reply #567 on: September 24, 2007, 08:19:07 PM »

Love it, DR Jose!

Matt H.

« Reply #568 on: September 24, 2007, 08:19:15 PM »

I finally finished WHAT ABOUT BRIAN, much to my relief. I never thought it rose beyond mediocre. Not a terrible show, but I didn't think the writing was ever really very good. I was invested in the marriage, break-up, and make-up of the Deena-Dave marriage. I thought that was the only relationship that was even halfway well thought out (and even then the open marriage stuff was sloppy and so NOT what open marriage means.) But the other two main guys had these revolving door love lives that I thought kept the show rootless and pointless. Why invest interest in relationships you knew weren't going to last or that would break up for the silliest of reasons? Motivations for these characters are beyond weak.

td

• td
« Reply #569 on: September 24, 2007, 08:19:38 PM »

Congrats on your new milestone, DR edi!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up