Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THEDA BARA ON MY MIND  (Read 29372 times)

Jennifer

Re:THEDA BARA ON MY MIND
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2008, 08:31:50 AM »

I am really liking the show LIFE.

I see no DEXTER this Sunday (some movie).

But I see BROTHERS & SISTERS is marked. (on Sunday).

Oh i am also really liking DAMAGES and DEXTER.

singdaw

« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2008, 08:33:17 AM »

But if I'm to be a hussy, I want to be a BRAZEN hussy!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2008, 08:33:58 AM »

Or a VIXEN.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2008, 08:34:57 AM »

'Big Brother' SPOILAGE
RE: last night's BIG BROTHER

SPOILERS i guess.

jlkfjdlf jdklfj kldj flkjdfldfj kldfj dfkldj flkjd flkjdlfkjd flj djfd fkljd flkjd fkljd flk
I used to like sharon (but not really anymore). But that last hoh question was full of crap (Q:is there another pre-existing relationship in the ouse. A: true). Oh and the pre-existing relationship are the guinea pigs????
But the final hoh tie-breaker question was pretty easy (since 3 had stayed for 3 hours and 1 for 5 minutes). I can't believe how they all got it so wrong (unless nobody told them how long they stayed up).
I was not happy they screwed over nat. But glad that they screwed over sheila by making her break the tie. However i think the diary room coerced them to do this. Because tuesday they were keeping nat. And then after visiting the DR yesterday they flipped and wanted the tie-break idea.
jldfj ldj flkdjf lkdjfljd fkljd fljdfklj dlfjdlfjklfjd kljd fljdfkl jdlf jdfj ldfjljdl

slopjarstopgapbrightstarbitchslap. I would never have imagined these last four people as "the final four."  Especially Sheila.

With Ryan as HOH, the wheeling and dealing will be intense, I think.  If Ryan has a brain, he'll attempt to back-door Adam.  I don't think Ryan would have any trouble winning against either Sharon or Sheila.  Against Adam would be a much closer vote, IMO.

So...nominate Sharon and Sheila and do everything to either win the POV or pray one of them wins it (and not Adam).  With POV, even if it's Ryan winning it, use it to save either woman and put up Adam.

Only one person will decide who goes home next. Klaatuberadanikto. Go, go into your better kingdom.

End SPOILAGE
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 08:37:24 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2008, 08:36:21 AM »

It's been a slow(!) morning here at Chelsea studios...

Anyone wanna come in an audition for Damn Yankees?

;)

YA GOTTA HAVE HEART

singdaw

« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2008, 08:39:56 AM »

The little neighbor Tuxedo cat ["Diablo"] tried to prevent me from going to work this morning.  When I exited my house to go to my car, she came a runnin'.  I stopped to pet her a few times, but then when I straightened up to proceed, she hissed and yowled and actually cut me off, trying to keep me from stepping forward toward my car.  So a few more pets, and then the whole process repeated.  I actually had to "fake her out," running in a different direction, to get to my car!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2008, 08:40:47 AM »

But if I'm to be a hussy, I want to be a BRAZEN hussy!   :)

Then you must make brazen overtures, with a gilt-edged guarantee.
Have a golden glint in your eye & a silver voice with a counterfeit ring.  If you melt down, it should reveal a lump of lead as cold as steel..THERE, where a hussy's heart should be!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2008, 08:45:19 AM »

I simply don't know what you're talking about.    ;)

...he hissed, tossing his hair and stamping out of the room!

;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2008, 08:50:08 AM »

HUSTLE did a fun take on this story in its last season (4, I think).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2008, 08:50:09 AM »

DR Miss Karen - Having worked on more than a few shows where there have been dead bodies on stage...

-Breathing-wise... If you can "train" the actor to adopt "singer's breathing": have them keep their rib cage and "stomach" out while they continue to breath internally, that helps a lot.  It's a very active/passive sort of breath control.  The "outside" becomes rigid - and needs to be held that way - while the lungs and the diaphragm do all the work.  It's like that breathing exercise where you lie down on the floor on your back, then place a book on your stomach.  When you inhale, the book goes "up", then you try to keep it there while you exhale.  Visualizing breathing into the floor helps a lot too.

-Sometimes a girdle(?)/tummy-flattener/Spanks can also help.

-But the big thing that always helps is to make sure that the actor is truly "acting" the fight beforehand.  This way the breathing is already in control before s/he hits the ground.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 08:54:17 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: April 17, 2008, 08:51:49 AM »

Hello, everyone.

It's another gorgeous spring day here--California weather--sunny and in the 70s. But the pollen! Oy yoy yoy. (sp?)

FJL

« Reply #101 on: April 17, 2008, 08:52:51 AM »

BRAZEN IN THE SON - my new play about...oh, wait, we've done this one already :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2008, 08:53:21 AM »

DR JMK:
I read your STATE OF PLAY rave, but not having seen it, didn't realize that was one of PAUL ABBOTT'S works. Now I'll especially want to see it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2008, 08:53:25 AM »

Hello, everyone.

It's another gorgeous spring day here--California weather--sunny and in the 70s. But the pollen! Oy yoy yoy. (sp?)

Yes...it's DREADFUL allergy weather here, too!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2008, 08:55:49 AM »

Hello, everyone.

It's gorgeous here today too!  Alas, I'm spending it inside today.  But at least we have windows! Unfortunately, the view we have is the building next door.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2008, 08:56:31 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] Happy Birthday to 'Friend of HHW' Nick Redman! [/move]

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2008, 08:56:35 AM »

Last night's BIG BROTHER made me sad. But I am over it now.

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2008, 08:57:04 AM »

It's a beautiful day for an Ohio road trip, too!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2008, 08:58:34 AM »

My friend Diana Darrin had a few different names during her acting and modelling careers...when she began working in the 3 Stooges short subjects the director Jules White changed her name to Theila Darin...he wanted sort of a Theda Bara sound. Diana was not pleased.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2008, 08:59:54 AM »

TOD:

A friend from San Diego used to say that there are three ways to lose weight--diet, exercise, and disease. I prefer the first two, though I've experienced all three.

I've only gained significantly twice in my life--20 lbs each time--and got it off both times. For me, diet is the fastest and most effective, but I do try to exercise, too. I can lose without dieting, just on my stationary bike, but it does take a while. I notice that each time I gain and lose the weight shifts a bit, ie I'm not exactly the same size as before, even if I'm the same weight. Most difficult on the wardrobe! Another incentive to reach my ideal weight and just stay there!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2008, 09:02:03 AM »

Must get some work done. Then I'll try to ketsup.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »

Last night's BIG BROTHER made me sad. But I am over it now.

I, for one, am relieved to learn this.  Take some delight in knowing that Natalie and Matt will be together again...and have some votes to cast at the finale.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2008, 09:12:30 AM »

TOD:
 I notice that each time I gain and lose the weight shifts a bit, ie I'm not exactly the same size as before, even if I'm the same weight.

Yes, time and gravity tend shift things southward.

singdaw

« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2008, 09:12:46 AM »

BRAZEN

Just so long as you don't rhyme it with LIAISON!    ;)

FJL

« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2008, 09:15:29 AM »

Hmmm...LIAISONS IN THE SUN

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2008, 09:17:14 AM »

DR Miss Karen -

What Jose has offered is far more practical.  It does, however, rely upon the actor to perfect the illusion of death.  In professional theater, I think it's a given the actor can achieve it.  In local theater, not so much.

:D

No matter what you do, however, eyes in the audience WILL be trained on the dead body for some moments after the death...everyone wondering "Will he take a breath?"

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2008, 09:20:24 AM »

Just so long as you don't rhyme it with LIAISON!    ;)

It won't rhyme with odalisque, either...but it's fun.

singdaw

« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2008, 09:26:32 AM »

...but it's fun.

And you think I'm strange!

Harrumph!

;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2008, 09:33:28 AM »

Artie's matzoh ball soup is quite tasty today! I think I detect a bit of cinnamin.

Ron Raines stopped by for a CD and now I'm back to the Men's Chorus charts.

DR Jose, who's the MD for DAMN YANKEES?

I just looked; it's my beloved Rob Berman! Tell him howdy for me. Or is he tied up in Houston with AMERiCAN IN PARIS?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 09:39:59 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2008, 09:35:46 AM »

Well, my Zanesville LAG just asked by email why I hadn't left yet, so...

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up