Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LIKE A GAZELLE IN A MOSH PIT  (Read 24167 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:LIKE A GAZELLE IN A MOSH PIT
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2004, 02:49:33 PM »

Off to full price opening night!

Everyone have a great Friday.

Break legs MATTH and TCB!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2004, 03:25:16 PM »

How do you know when The Elephant Man has been in your refrigerator?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2004, 03:26:01 PM »

Huh?  Huh?  Do you know?

(How long should I wait before I post the answer??)

(Or is the answer so obvious....)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Michael

« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2004, 03:36:21 PM »

Dear Panni:

Thanks for posting about Pierre Burton. A great Canadian. I remember his one on one talk show he had. He wonder books about Canada and being on Front Page Challenge.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2004, 03:36:49 PM »

Media Watch:

Hero
Blazing Saddles
Never stop dreaming.

Emily

« Reply #125 on: December 03, 2004, 04:26:35 PM »

DR Jennifer, yesterday you asked me what I thought about the upcoming Broadway Series her in MTL.  

Other than the new production of NDdP, what other shows are there?
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2004, 04:28:04 PM »

Well... It's actually his pic before he goes in for his weekly waxing.

-Trust me, I've shared a very small elevator with him.

???

.........and that is a bad thing???
[/b][/size]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2004, 04:38:26 PM »

I turned on the pool heater at eleven and it is just now warm enough for me to take a swim.  Go know.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2004, 04:38:27 PM »

Well, it looks like I may still be able to get up to NYC on Monday.  I really, really want to go, but right now, it looks like I won't be able to plane/train/drive up until around 2:00pm, so...  And since I have a 10/12 on Tuesday back in DC...   I may just have to play it by ear.

<sigh>

I thought you could read music.
[/b][/size]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2004, 04:41:17 PM »

I got some wonderful import CDs in today from Universal France - best of the lot is Lalo Schifrin's score to Joy House, a sixties thriller with Alain Delon and Jane Fonda.  Also, a lovely Phillipe Sarde collection and various others.  I have every release in this series (all soundtracks) - thirty-five plus about ten of the composer/filmmaker compilations, i.e. Sarde/Techine, Delerue/Truffaut, etc.  Joy House was put together by our very own Mr. Nick Redman.

I forgot to mention that I had fantastic eggs benedict at Hugo's, really excellent.  The mean chauffer from the Colony's Grand Hotel was there - I gather he lives in the nabe since I see him all the time.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2004, 05:31:19 PM »

The oven is fixed. There is a mysterious little red button hidden away under the burners that one can push to reset things. Who knew!
By the way - my stove is apparently a collectors' edition. A Roper -  worth thousands, I'm told,
The Gas Company actually provides a great service. They repair things FREE. The gas man said I could call them every day of the week and they'd still have to come out FREE. He said that they would even do things like recalibrate the stove if I found that things were cooking too fast or not fast enough. Again I ask - who knew?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 05:32:08 PM by Panni »

Panni

« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2004, 05:43:10 PM »

I just looked up my stove on the internet. I guess the correct term is "vintage"... It has 6 burners and two ovens and a really neat back panel that looks like a radio. Maybe I'll take a photo.

Panni

« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2004, 05:57:30 PM »

Here's one photo of my vintage Roper Stove. I think I may have another to post. My kitchen is narrow, so I can't take a proper picture full on...

Panni

« Reply #133 on: December 03, 2004, 06:01:50 PM »

For vintage stove aficionados, another angle...

Panni

« Reply #134 on: December 03, 2004, 06:03:07 PM »

Sheesh! I'm all alone posting stove pictures. You'd think it was Friday night or something.

François de Paris

« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2004, 06:05:22 PM »

How do you know when The Elephant Man has been in your refrigerator?

I sure don't know and I've been waiting that long for the answer, Miss Vickie's best friend! :)

François de Paris

« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2004, 06:08:47 PM »

.........and that is a bad thing???
[/b][/size]

It might.... for Mr Barrowman, that is! :o

MBarnum

« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2004, 06:27:50 PM »

Thanks DR Panni for the photos of the stove...I LOVE vintage stoves and have been waiting for you to show us yours! It is quite nice!!

Also, JRand54, what fun to get a new bird...I am sure AbbyNormal will love it's new home! But we will need a better picture...perhaps a portrait of it being greeted by Holly! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2004, 06:32:18 PM »

I am pleased to announce that I have had two articles published this month! Woohoo!

One is in this months issue of the on-line fanzine Horror-Wood.com. It is a small portion of my interview with Mr. Cal Bolder. Here is a link --> www.horror-wood.com

And in the new issue of Scarlet Street magazine is my interview with actress Peggy Webber. Some of the DRs here may recall her from the Orson Welles' version of MACBETH...I of course am more familiar with her films THE SPACE CHILDREN and THE SCREAMING SKULL...plus here many appearances on TV's DRAGNET.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2004, 06:34:42 PM »

Check your PBS stations for the Julie Andrews Cinderella.   It's on here this Sunday at 3pm (weird time).  Yeah!

I set it to record but chances are we won’t get a decent picture on PBS to watch.  It’s a shame as we have a great sound system on our TV in the guest room.

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2004, 06:36:45 PM »

And here is my Bollywood movie for this weekend:

HAATHI MERE SAATHI (1970). Sort of a Bollywood remake of BORN FREE...but with elephants instead of lions.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2004, 06:55:23 PM »

Panni thank you  :D

Matt H congrats on a successful opening night and my fingers are crossed for tonight.

JRand congrats on your good pre-opening night.  Hope tonight is even better.
GOOD, GOOD VIBES TO HOLLY THE ZAFTIG SHARPEI.  Keep us posted on her recovery.  When do you get the results of the heart test?

Panni

« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2004, 06:55:58 PM »

Congrats, MBarnum!

Jr - Welcome to Miss Abby Normal!

Jane

« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2004, 06:58:22 PM »

DR Jose, can the airport personnel actually tell you that you can't redistribute your stuff?  That makes no sense to me.  I guess they really have people at their mercy, since everyone's rushing to get on flights.  But I've never heard such a thing (where you weren't allowed to take something from your bag).  If I were your brother I would send a letter to that airline.  Security is one thing.  But to me it seems like they are going overboard in many instances.

Jennifer I have known other people who were offered the opportunity to redistribute their bags.  Maybe it depends on the individual you are dealing with and how busy they are at the moment.  It also seem the airports have different policies.  

Jane

« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2004, 07:03:42 PM »

Bruce GOOD VIBES tomorrow.  I hope you sign lots of books.

We don’t get HBO so the Peter Seller’s movie is out.

Elmore we pay our bills online.

Vixmom great viewing in your VCR.  Welcome!

Jane

« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2004, 07:13:17 PM »

JMK you are as bad as Keith-Elephant Boy-LOL
I’m so glad sweet BeeGee is okay. I love that dog of yours.  I didn’t know he could ring the door bell-sooo cute.

Jose feel better quickly.

I for one look forward to the next SPIDER MAN movie, if it is well done and with the same cast.

DiT I want to know more about the seedless pomegranate.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: December 03, 2004, 07:20:11 PM »

Panni I should have thought to tell you this sooner.  In every knew home that had a gas oven, heating or whatever, we would have the gas company out to check everything was okay.  I also forgot about those reset buttons-it has been a long time.
Love the vintage oven.

MBarnum congrats on the articles.  I saved the links to read them later.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #147 on: December 03, 2004, 07:26:09 PM »

...By the way - my stove is apparently a collectors' edition.  A Roper -  worth thousands, I'm told.
...The gas man said ...that they would even do things like recalibrate the stove if I found that things were cooking too fast or not fast enough.  Again I ask - who knew?
This sounds like a good reason to get an oven thermometer, one that is designed to measure the temperature inside the oven.  Older ovens often have a problem reaching the temperature on the oven dial.  Hey, we all have trouble getting going when we're older, right?  An oven thermometer will let you know what the temp really is inside.  And, if you keep a log of what the temperature variance has been, your gas man will be better able to adjust the calibration when he comes out again.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2004, 07:37:10 PM »

JRand thank you. I wish you as much good news with Holly.  From what I could tell Abby Normal is pretty.

Today we found out why the prednisone worked so well on Echo.  It really is bad news because she has a blood parasite similar to Lyme Disease in its later stages.  We were extremely lucky the blood work picked it up at all and it is possible she has had this for up to a year.  Tonight she will begin an antibiotic we hope will work.  If this one doesn’t we keep trying until we find one that does.  At least we know what we are dealing with.  Eventually, once we kill this parasite, Echo should have more overall improvement but we don’t know if we can reverse any of the neuralgic damage.    

The “big question” is does she have Degenerative Myelopathy (like MS) we thought she was dying from, or this parasite which is difficult but can be treated, or both.  Whatever the outcome the good news is she is better for now.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2004, 07:45:07 PM »

Good news, Jane!! ;D ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up