Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PIE DAY  (Read 28671 times)

td

• td
Re:PIE DAY
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2005, 04:30:55 PM »

DR td, I know you've taken a lot of kidding about being Martin Mull's twin, but your avatar also reminds me of another star - Ted Levine who plays Captain Stotellmeyer on MONK (and became infamous in THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS). Has anyone else ever mentioned any resemblance?
No one has mentioned that resemblance, until now.
I also like Ted in EVOLUTION with Julianne Moore and David Duchovny.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2005, 04:38:52 PM »

. . .and with that gravelly voice of his, I'd say, "I won't dance."

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2005, 04:48:50 PM »

Boy, that cake sure was good. But now I am once more trying to do this assignment. I need to comment on the first half of this book we're supposed to read. I read the book over winter break before classes even started so that I wouldn't have to do it now. I remember the second half just fine, but not the first half. I guess I'll have to go back and read the first half again. I think I wasted my winter break.

In other news, I am hungry.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #153 on: February 05, 2005, 04:57:08 PM »

I would, but customers crush crush my toes.

Well DE-LOVELY sets on the shelf all alone.  I shall watch it someday.

More apple pie.

I will watch COPS and then the second hour of the SAG awards....and then the first hour on the repeat....and then...and NEW MADTv!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bdapp

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: February 05, 2005, 04:57:53 PM »

Hello everybody, I'm new and I'm sitting with Mr. Haineshisway, after having PIE with him.  He ate the whole piece by himself and I had one bite.  Very generous of him.  However, he did show me how to log onto this very amusing site.  I hope I can be a welcome addition to the fun you all are having.  Love you madley!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #155 on: February 05, 2005, 04:58:25 PM »

DR CP - the Kroger Grocery store where I shop plays Disco Music - so when I am shopping at 5 a.m. all alone (usually) it is difficult not to do a couple of steps in the frozen food aisle.

Is the line up for the next SS issue up yet?  I haven't found it, and I don't know if I am included or not.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2005, 04:59:03 PM »

Hello bdapp.  Tell us all about your fine self.

bdapp

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: February 05, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »

Hello bdapp.  Tell us all about your fine self.

Hello JRand,
Thanks for asking about me.  I'm not a spring chicken.  Nor am I a winter chicken.  Actually, I'm a friend of BK's for many years and fond of his writing and musical skill and his chest.  Which boasts of making the best beef strogonoff.  Hmmn.  I'll be the judge of that.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #158 on: February 05, 2005, 05:04:22 PM »

Cluck cluck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: February 05, 2005, 05:11:08 PM »

Welcome, bdapp!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2005, 05:20:04 PM »

Well, the first of the two performances of the Barbershop show didn't go off without a hitch. :-\ I flubbed one of my lines. ::) Damn, I hate it when that happens.  Actually, it wasn't too bad.  I just forgot to say part of a line and I'm sure that the audience couldn't tell.  Otherwise, it was a cute show...if you like barbershop singing.  I used to be part of the men's group, about 20 years ago, but it's just not what I'm interested in performing.  It was fun and the people in the groups are all very nice.

Now, there is only one more show.  I don't have to be back until 6:00 but I didn't get a chance to go anywhere to get pie.  I'll have to go somewhere tonight after the second show.  But I will have pie! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2005, 05:28:51 PM »

Welcome, bdapp! Do I know you?

elmore, I too am a fan of the Steven Saylor Roman mysteries.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2005, 05:29:11 PM »

Welcome bdapp! People are very welcoming on here. And now, I'm not the newest anymore, so that's a load off my mind.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2005, 05:30:57 PM »

Yes, you know bdapp, Pogue - you have supped together.  Julieanne and bdapp bonded quite well.  It's our very own Barbara Deutsch, who many of you have heard singing on the Writer's Block CD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2005, 05:31:39 PM »

I had me a small piece of custard pie with whipped cream.  It was quite good, but didn't quite attain yummiliciousness.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2005, 05:32:07 PM »

However, the bacon cheeseburger I ate just prior to the pie was really yummilicious.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #166 on: February 05, 2005, 05:32:12 PM »

Charles Pogue-
I am creating a new concept called Reverse Royalties, where, if you are bombarded with some song in a store or public space, and it isn't one that you want within your head, the creator has to pay YOU a fee for stealing that amount of brainspace.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2005, 05:32:51 PM »

I figured it was.  I trust she doesn't mind you reveallng her nom de guerre.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2005, 05:33:21 PM »

Welcome NDR bdapp!  Do tell us a bit more about yourself...

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2005, 05:36:12 PM »

The dishes are done and the bathroom is cleaned and I am showered and smelling wonderful.  I got 6 of the 8 songs from 8 Women downloaded, and my internet is working like a dream.  I believe this calls for a celebration!  Perhaps with some pie.  I know a market nearby that sells individual slices of the most delicious chocolate silk pie.  I think I might have to toddle off and get me a slice in the near future.  
« Last Edit: February 05, 2005, 05:37:33 PM by Ann »

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: February 05, 2005, 05:39:02 PM »

I failed to have pie. I went to the grocery store to buy some bologna for lunch, and look at the pies. They only had one "no sugar added" pie and it was apple. I really wanted cherry. The apple pie, even though no sugar was added, still had huge amounts of sugar and carbs and my blood sugar simply told me to not go there....so I run to the meat department to pick out some sandwich stuff and then I suddenly realize...hey, I put two hot dogs on the stove to boil...and they are still there...boiling! So I flew home as fast as I could and found the weiners nearly cooked to death on the stove! I had totally forgotten that I had decided to have hot dogs for lunch!! LOL!

That is my pie story!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #171 on: February 05, 2005, 05:39:24 PM »

How, I find myself wondering, does a dream work, exactly?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: February 05, 2005, 05:39:46 PM »

bdapp is fine with all things.  We'll see if she can figure out how to get BACK to the site.  I set everything up on her computer, but she's not that friendly with her computer, so we'll have to see.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #173 on: February 05, 2005, 05:40:42 PM »

Great story, Mbarnum!  I'm glad nothing bad happened to the kitchen...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: February 05, 2005, 05:42:22 PM »

And I, too, miss Muzak.  They should have had a contest for Miss Muzak, prettiest girl in an elevator.

But I have always liked what is considered Muzak - easy listening versions of movie themes or pop songs (not TODAY'S poor excuse for pop music).  I had many LPs by Percy Faith, Ray Coniff, Andre Kostelanetz, Aquaviva, Ornadel, Don Costa, Jackie Gleason, and on and on.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: February 05, 2005, 05:43:08 PM »

EFFLUVIA!  More pie stories.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: February 05, 2005, 05:44:03 PM »

I just don't think I can see Hide and Seek tonight.  I'd probably leave a little ways into it if things started to go "BOO" all the time.  I hate that.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: February 05, 2005, 05:48:56 PM »

Did you know that bdapp is our 250th registered user?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #178 on: February 05, 2005, 05:50:44 PM »

When you boil hot dogs for too long, they become smiling hotdogs!

Charles Pogue

« Reply #179 on: February 05, 2005, 05:55:51 PM »

Rodzinski, I like the idea.  I really am just so tired of noise pollution everywhere you go...not just music...These days it's impossible to escape from it.  I don't want to hear either the intimate or the mundane details of people's lives as they as they yammer away on their cell phones in a supposedly private conversation.  I don't want to hear them ringing with their vast array of musical or comical beeps.  I don't want to hear people yakking in a movie theatre to each other or munching their popcorn.  I don't want to hear the roar of cars or power tools or tvs or talk radio...or any of a hundred appliances or whirring, whirling, whizzing gizmos.  

I think we're all suffering from some bit form of hearing loss.  I can leave the house when I'm watching TV to go take the dog for a walk and I come back and I hear the thing blaring outside the house.  It's not that The Lovely Wife has turned it up, it's just that we have cranked it up that loud to hear it.  

Of course, it doesn't help that all commercials are ramped up to a higher decibel level than the actual program you're watching.  When someone invents an automatic leveller for the TV, where everything conforms to the same sound level you set it at , I will kiss the ground they walk on.  I hate having a program on at a certain setting and the commercial comes on and blows you across the room, making you bleed from the ears.

My dream is to someday have an actual library/office that is soundproofed to the all the noise from the rest of the house.  A sanctuary where I close the door and I don't hear a sound...no TV, no piano, no footsteps, no pots and pans rattling or water running.  The only noise will be the turning of the page in my book, the crackling of a cozy fire in the fireplace, and maybe some soft, inobstrusive music of my own choice.

I've taken to sleeping with earplugs almost nightly these days.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up