Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OF THE SOUND MIX  (Read 16939 times)

François de Paris

Re:THE DAY OF THE SOUND MIX
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2006, 03:10:55 PM »

Australian "MO" awards given out yesterday:

AUSTRALIAN SHOWBUSINESS AMBASSADOR
Hugh Jackman

AUSTRALIAN PERFORMER OF THE YEAR
Anthony Warlow

YEAH!

François de Paris

« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2006, 03:11:52 PM »

New page which calls for an Oz Award Dance, called the Hop Hop Hop!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2006, 03:21:46 PM »

Today - Walk for the Animals on Rehoboth Beach Boardwalk:

The tribe sets forth:

Buster at the after parade reception:

Bonnie lurking at the reception:

Reception Guest pix to follow

Der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Tomovoz

« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2006, 03:25:20 PM »

Perhaps we should have DR Joey to demonstate the Hop.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DERBRUCER

« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2006, 03:26:14 PM »

Properly attired guest at the reception:

Sailor Boy:

"I think Humans are daffy" dog:

der Brucer

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2006, 03:32:05 PM »

Happy Birthday to the Vixter!!!!!!!!!

François de Paris

« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2006, 03:32:30 PM »

Properly attired guest at the reception:

Sailor Boy:

"I think Humans are daffy" dog:

der Brucer

Mad Hatters trying to Finish The Hat?!

François de Paris

« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2006, 03:33:19 PM »

Perhaps we should have DR Joey to demonstate the Hop.

He may... skip the offer!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2006, 03:33:50 PM »

Off now to finish TILL THE CLOUDS ROLL BY and then tune in THE INTERPRETER.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2006, 04:02:34 PM »

The Delaware Humane Association held its annual Walk for Animals along the Boardwalk at Rehoboth Beach today

We decided to take Angie, in hopes we could show her off and find her a home, and Bonnie and Buster, because they always seem to get left out.

From the moment we got there, Angie switched to her "ON STAGE - LIVE" mode. There was not a warm blooded object that she didn't prance up to and make friends with.

She met up with a toddler sitting in a stroller by her parents on a bench. The toddler was holding a small square pretzel treat in her hand. Angie pranced up, inspected the situation, and very carefully grabbed the exposed part of the pretzel. We now have a toddler-puppy face down! (Normally, Angie would have snatched the goody and ran.) "Dear", said the Mother, "give the nice puppy your pretzel." The tot let go, and Angie happily crunched away. Mom pulled out another pretzel from a baggie and handed to the tot - and the game was on! The tot held out the pretzel, Angie gently took it and the tot gave a great big smile! Now, Angie had learned an important lesson on which she could act: strollers hold tiny children - tiny children offer treats.

On the way back up the boardwalk we came upon a couple holding a 16 month old in their lap. The child had a cookie in one hand and a piece of muffin in the other. Angie pranced right up and gratefully received the proffered cookie. She showed her appreciation for the then proffered muffin piece by carefully licking the youngsters fingers clean!

After the Boardwalk stroll, we went to a reception held in a courtyard in town. Here Angie made all sorts of new friends - and also enjoyed sharing bits of granny smith apple from my lunch (A wonderful sandwich of toasted French bun with Brie, Apple, and Almonds). (Woody had a Turkey club on wheatberry bread and did not share!)

The organizers had a chap dressed up as Clifford the Big Red Dog.  When Clifford arrived, half the dogs started barking like mad. When things had settled down, Angie pranced up the Clifford and firmly grabbed two fingers of his red plush glove and proceeded to tug away!

The host had shown up with a big Mobile Van loaded with animals for adoption. Meanwhile, a nice lady from up-state New York had taken a fancy to Angie. She filled out the application and called her fiancé to see if she could bring the puppy home on Sunday. Her sister was with her and showed us camera-pix of the lady's 4 acre house, with fenced yard (and adjacent pond) populated by a 3.5 year old Pomeranian and a 4 year old Golden Retriever who needs a bigger dog with which to play. The lady volunteers at her local SPCA and new her Vets number by heart. Her fiancé was able to go on line and see the Petfinder.com posting I had for Angie, and liked the dog. He will decide later tonight. (I told her should could take him on trial, no problem; we'll hold the check until she's happy.)

So we wait -and hope!

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2006, 04:18:58 PM »

We're almost finished with act two, which went much faster than act one.  I may actually get out of here by five-thirty, and then I'm thinking a t-bone steak at home.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2006, 04:24:48 PM »

Glad the editing is winding down....

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2006, 04:25:57 PM »

DerBrucer, it appears Bonnie and Buster had alovely day...

Cute story about Angie..

Glad it was a lovely and sunny day for your walk.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2006, 04:32:31 PM »

I see that NBC has renewed all three LAW & ORDER shows as well as CROSSING JORDAN, LAS VEGAS, and MEDIUM. Already announced renewals are MY NAME IS EARL and THE OFFICE.

There are whispers that SCRUBS is also being renewed, but it hasn't been made official yet.

I wish I could understand the appeal of MY NAME IS EARL.  I think that Jason Lee is very talented and fairly charming, but I honestly think I would prefer to watch an adenoid surgery than another espisode of EARL.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2006, 04:35:39 PM »

I'm with ya on that, TCB.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2006, 04:37:25 PM »

I'm with ya on that, TCB.

What time is the performance, Tom?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2006, 04:42:18 PM »

Has Ann caught up, yet?  (I guess I could have knocked on her door and asked her.)
“One thing’s universal,

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2006, 04:47:37 PM »

Whew! Just returned home from the production. It went very well. I was quite nervous, but the cast seemed to thrive in front of the audience. Got good laughs in the right places. The little touches I added went over well, and the writer was pleased.

Just a week ago, I hadn't thought the show would turn out that well. It was  going okay, but it didn't have that zing, so I didn't really tell too many folks about it.

As is my tradition, I brought a flower for each of the actors, except one of them got a carrot. Okay, not really.

Thanks for the patented HHW vibes!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2006, 04:48:52 PM »

Great news about the show, Rodzinski!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2006, 04:49:51 PM »

What time is the performance, Tom?

It was a matinee today at 3. Tomorrow at 7. Then six more shows over the next two weeks.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2006, 04:51:55 PM »

Thanks. What helps is with an evening of one-acts, that they be short, and there is no intermission. A big thing I've endured in the past is people watch their friends in a one-act play and leave at intermission.

The other thing that helps is that all of the other plays are at least pretty good. Two are musicals.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2006, 04:56:30 PM »

I wish I could understand the appeal of MY NAME IS EARL.  I think that Jason Lee is very talented and fairly charming, but I honestly think I would prefer to watch an adenoid surgery than another espisode of EARL.

And that's horseracing.  I think SCRUBS and EARL are the only two watchable comedies on tv at the present time.  Maybe it's my father's white trash Appalachian past and the fact that my family was dragged through every trailor park in Southwest Ohio to visit families of my Father's co-workers and friends, but I identify strongly with the humor of MY NAME IS EARL, and I applaud its humor, outrageousness, heart, and wonderful cast.  

I'm finally catching the second half of ELIZABETH I; I tried the other day and it hadn't yet landed on HBO On Demand.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2006, 04:56:31 PM »

As is my tradition, I brought a flower for each of the actors, except one of them got a carrot. Okay, not really.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 05:07:14 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2006, 05:01:01 PM »

Intermission (mine, self-imposed) in the Peter Jackson King Kong.  Oy, it took a long time for that creature to make an appearance.  DH Richard watched it last night and was "kind" enough to keep it from Netflix for me to watch tonight (he's helping with a Special Olympics fundraiser).  DS Rob, who saw KK in the theater and who was at an all-night Relay for Life (cancer fundraiser) last night has gone to bed.  It's just me and Kong  ::)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2006, 05:12:59 PM »

In a reversal of the TOD, I wish they hadn't used Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells as source music for a few sequences in The Exorcist.  The opening of Oldfield's first major work is all that is heard in the film, yet there are people who cannot erase the film from their minds when they hear the rest of the piece.  A shame, really, because some of the music of Tubular Bells is flat-out funny!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2006, 05:13:05 PM »

T.O.D.

JAWS - Each of the shark attacks

E.T. - The bicycles over the moon

PSYCHO - The shower scene

LAWRENCE OF ARABIA - The ride through  the desert
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2006, 05:18:14 PM »

In a reversal of the TOD, I wish they hadn't used Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells as source music for a few sequences in The Exorcist.  The opening of Oldfield's first major work is all that is heard in the film, yet there are people who cannot erase the film from their minds when they hear the rest of the piece.  A shame, really, because some of the music of Tubular Bells is flat-out funny!

Ah yes, I would count Tubular Bells in THE EXORCIST as a great blend of music and movie.  And I, personally, love the entire work.  Thanks for the reminder, Woody.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2006, 05:40:14 PM »

We're creating the opening credits, then we'll call it a day.  We'll do the end credits on Monday.  We did a really cool thing with the main title, and we also created a rather great Kritzerland logo image for the opening.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2006, 06:30:07 PM »

[size=12]HELLO??[/size][/b]

[size=8]IS ANYBODY THERE?[/size]
“One thing’s universal,

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2006, 06:34:48 PM »

Happy Birthday to the Vixter! I hope your mom made a yummy Birthday Cake for you!!

Glad your show went well, Rodzinski.

I got up at 4 a.m. to go on a birdwalk, and I have been tired all afternoon. Saw a lot of neat birds, though.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up