Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OUT OF THE DOLDRUMS  (Read 16595 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:OUT OF THE DOLDRUMS
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2006, 03:48:45 PM »

Are they giving special parking permits to people with dyslexic kepyboarding skills TCB?

I don't know Tom, do you need one?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2006, 03:50:19 PM »

I was kicked off the site - I think because I was attempting a bad pun for DR Maria about Marsdenpan I Sing.   I'll leave it!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #122 on: May 07, 2006, 03:52:41 PM »

Well, I guess I am officially an old man now.  Yesterday I was issued my first Disbled Parking Permit
Well I am not alone with my keyboarding/proofreading skills.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #123 on: May 07, 2006, 04:18:14 PM »

Good afternoon all!

Thank you for the wonderful birthday greetings both on and off the board!!!

I did do something special for myself today.  I bought my Casio EX-Z850 Exilim video/digital camera.  I can’t take any pictures today because the battery has to charge up but tomorrow….. Ahh tomorrow I will be giving it the test!

I took Bear to the dog park but it was kinda late and no other dogs were there.  We didn’t stay for very long.  Just long enough for the old man to get his feet muddy because he put his big feet into the little plastic pool they had there.  

I think that did him some good.  At least it got him out of the house and he had nice car ride.  He’s been sleeping all afternoon.   ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #124 on: May 07, 2006, 04:20:44 PM »

Congrats to DR Ginny!   WoooHoo!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2006, 04:22:01 PM »

That is a very lovely rose, DR Tom.   My Michael Crawford rose has two little buds on it and I shall be keeping an eye on them.  

I can't wait to take pictures with the new camera.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2006, 04:29:53 PM »

I watched (or tried to watch) the Genesis Awards yesterday.  

I found some of the stories cover disturbing.  I know that kind of stuff goes on but it breaks my heart.    :'(

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2006, 05:24:38 PM »

Oh, Oz! What a lovely rose... I will always dream of my mother's rose garden, and remember how it felt to walk among those beautiful blooms. I wish you great joy with your flowers!!!

I couldn't resist finally going outside in the rain, to work on my own weed-adorned and slug ingested garden!!! I got so wet within about 15 minutes, that I had to come back inside. Now, for some reason, I have NO electricity... this means, of course, that the pump does not work so I am also without indoor running water, although there is plenty running in the stream just out the door...

I am about to light candles and have a dinner of raw carrots. Ah, the simple life. I feel just like Thoreau... sort of...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2006, 05:25:25 PM »

More later - I'm going to shut the computer down now, before I run down the battery. Laters, gators!
PennyO

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2006, 06:00:13 PM »

Man, is the WUSSBURGERING reaching epic proportions?  I started watching Compulsion at 3:30, but by 3:35 I was zoning out, so I shut it off and just shut my eyes for a little while.  Next thing I knew it was 4:30.  The entire time I was out I dreamed I was lying on my couch like so much fish, and people were talking to me but I couldn't focus and my laptop was on the coffee table and a screen popped up that said there was a "hayman" (I kid you not) on some word and did I want to click the "UTL" to continue - I did, and it screwed up everything on my desktop and computer by making everything an icon and obliterating all text.  Damn "hayman" will do it every time, so don't click on the UTL to continue.  Of course, being in my present state of mind and knowing what path I'm about to perhaps (I'm still slightly in perhaps mode), I have assigned my own words to UTL rather quickly.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2006, 06:18:24 PM »

Okay - so the electricity came back on - I don't know if it will stay, but I'm glad of it, I tell ya', GLAD!! Oy, the months I spent with no electricity or indoor running water when I first got here... OY.

Anyway, nice nap, BK?
PennyO

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2006, 06:21:10 PM »

DR Penny, the rose is "Yester Year" and unlike so many "newer" roses, has a lovely perfume.  
James Thurber 1957

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2006, 06:24:03 PM »

John Boorman called today. He's wondering when BK's gonna get around to watching Leo the Last. :)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2006, 06:24:40 PM »

Raw carrots made up the entire meal?

Ginny

« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2006, 06:24:57 PM »

Sunday evening greetings!  We had a lovely early Mother's Day luncheon with my mother, my DH's mother, and my aunt.  After the meal, I took the ladies for a drive and did an errand on my way home.  Fell asleep watching a silly movie, Life Aquatic, with DS Rob and woke up just in time to watch the second-to-last episode of West Wing.

No word from DR Elmore.  And I was all prepared with chips, 2 kinds of salsa, and margaritas!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 06:30:50 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2006, 06:42:52 PM »

DR Cillaliz - is the group you've been with in Philadelphia the same group that's coming to Cincinnati next year (or is it the next)?

Yes, it is

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2006, 06:43:40 PM »

DR CILLALIZ meets Will and Jada!!

No, I didn't meet them, just saw them across the room. Much different

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: May 07, 2006, 06:51:15 PM »

Congrats Dr Ginny!

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: May 07, 2006, 06:52:42 PM »

Thanks for the travel vibes everyone. I am home and very glad to see the cats.  Callie managed to knock a framed print off of the mantle (she's been dying to get up there because I tell her no) other than that no calamaties on their first time alone in this house

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2006, 06:54:13 PM »

Well, I need to find something to eat. I am very happy to be home...

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2006, 06:55:37 PM »

I don't think Callie eats well when I'm gone. Whenever I come home she runs straight to her food dish and eats and eats and eats

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2006, 06:57:09 PM »

I taped the PBS special on Evelyn Cameron and am watching it. She was an amazing photographer!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2006, 06:59:08 PM »

It was a long 2 days, but as the newly-installed chair of the same event for next year (April 20-21, 2007, in Tiffin, OH), it won't be a hard act to follow  ::)

;D  Glad to know the pressure is off.  I'm sure next year will be a big hit.

Jane

« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2006, 07:01:57 PM »

I rarely drink anymore, except when I'm with the people I've been with this week.   I am so ready to go home and get some sleep!

Does this mean we won’t be going to the Algonquin for a late night-cap?

I’m sorry about your friend.  It is extra hard to loose someone that way.

The Cuba Libre looks very nice.  Boy, do I know what you mean about late dinners.  I find it difficult to get to sleep & wake up feeling stuffed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2006, 07:04:03 PM »

I forgot to mention in my sleepy stupor that I did indeed have a steak and a baked potato (and was very good with the butter - just two pats and I only ate half the potato).  So, that was a good dietetic meal, and then, after my grogginess wore off, I jogged.  I might even treat myself to a 0 fat gram little dessertstuff, say some red licorice, or some sour gummies or some Good and Plenty.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2006, 07:08:47 PM »

DR Maria - I only learned a few days ago that some of my relatives a few generations ago - crossed over to  the dark side...... there are Catholics in the family. Family tree research can be quite scary.

That's okay, Tom. I have a great Aunt who converted and became a Seventh Day Adventist!

Keep forgetting to add my congrats to DR Ginny's pile.

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2006, 07:09:56 PM »

Does this mean we won’t be going to the Algonquin for a late night-cap?

I’m sorry about your friend.  It is extra hard to loose someone that way.

The Cuba Libre looks very nice.  Boy, do I know what you mean about late dinners.  I find it difficult to get to sleep & wake up feeling stuffed.

I didn't say I NEVER drink, lol, of course I'd love to go for a night-cap at the Algonquin again. That was fun!

I wasn't as close to Bill as a lot of other people, so it wasn't as hard for me.  It was a reminder for us that as busy as we are, we need to make sure we check in and take care of each other.

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2006, 07:12:36 PM »

That steak and baked potato sounds very good.  I think I'll see what I have in the freezer.  The lack of decent food while traveling is a pet peeve of mine.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2006, 07:17:46 PM »

I might even treat myself to a 0 fat gram little dessertstuff, say some red licorice, or some sour gummies or some Good and Plenty.

Good and Plenty has no fat! Hallelujah! Haven't had that in years. Used to be one of my faves.
I briefly had company this afternoon and made Trader Joe's "Prelude to a Quiche" assorted mini-quiche Hors D'Oeuvres. Mushroom & cheese; artichoke & cheese; and  spinach Florentine. Very yummy. And easy. 15 minutes in the oven at 375 and they're done. Only problem is that when the company left, I ate all the little leftover quiches. (I threw one away for form's sake.)

Jane

« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »

MBarnum, oh so cute birthday card.

Tomovoz, beautiful rose.

TCB do you have an elevator in your building?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up