Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OUT OF THE DOLDRUMS  (Read 16572 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:OUT OF THE DOLDRUMS
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2006, 02:17:22 PM »

Matt, could you stop by and do my laundry, also?  I don't think I can manage to get it down the two flights of stairs.

If I lived just a WEE bit closer, I wouldn't hesitate to do it. As is, well, I guess I could do it, and by the time I got it back to you, it probably would be dry without even putting it in the dryer.

:)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2006, 02:18:04 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Four Dance!!![/move]

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2006, 02:19:24 PM »

Matt, I have been very slowly savoring the last disk of FIREFLY.  I know I still have the film to go, but I know already that I will miss all of these characters.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2006, 02:20:36 PM »

I also watched the documentary about the making of THREE LITTLE WORDS. Not very informative, but always nice to see Arlene Dahl, Carlton Carpenter, and Gloria DeHaven and know they're still around to talk about the MGM of old.

Those who were under contract there are leaving us, however, so I hope they've got plenty of interview footage with these folks so we can learn as much as possible before there's no one left to talk about life there.

And I guess folks like Debbie Reynolds wanted too much money to grant an interview for the DVD.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2006, 02:20:42 PM »

If I lived just a WEE bit closer, I wouldn't hesitate to do it. As is, well, I guess I could do it, and by the time I got it back to you, it probably would be dry without even putting it in the dryer.

:)

Wow, and energy efficient
“One thing’s universal,

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2006, 02:22:23 PM »

Matt, I have been very slowly savoring the last disk of FIREFLY.  I know I still have the film to go, but I know already that I will miss all of these characters.

You had exactly the same reaction to it I had. I adored the show when it was being televised, was in agony when it was canceled without airing all the episodes that had been filmed, and then treasured each episode I watched in the boxed set.

The film SERENITY is quite wonderful but very bittersweet. I will say no more.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »

After enjoying THREE LITTLE WORDS so much, I decided I'd watch another 1950 musical, so I put in the laserdisc of TWO WEEKS WITH LOVE. Such a fun, easy-going musical treat, and Ricardo Montalban never looked sexier or more handsome in his life. Those tailored suits by Walter Plunkett fit him like a glove, and when he appears in that Prince getup for Jane Powell's fantasy number "My Hero," well, he is TO DIE FOR!

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2006, 02:29:25 PM »

After watching that, I saw that there was another musical in that laserdisc sleeve (it was one of MGM's double feature laserdiscs), so I put in RICH, YOUNG, and PRETTY.

It looks glorious on laserdisc! I'm sure if it were ever to be transferred to DVD, it would look stupendous, but even with this transfer, it pops off the screen with glorious Technicolor and those charming songs.

Along with THE PIRATE, I LOVE MELVIN, LOVELY TO LOOK AT, SUMMER HOLIDAY, and TWO WEEKS WITH LOVE, I've now added RICH, YOUNG, AND PRETTY to my list of avidly requested MGM Technicolor musicals on DVD.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2006, 02:32:59 PM »

You had exactly the same reaction to it I had. I adored the show when it was being televised, was in agony when it was canceled without airing all the episodes that had been filmed, and then treasured each episode I watched in the boxed set.

The film SERENITY is quite wonderful but very bittersweet. I will say no more.

A very good friend of mine who owns a comic book store here in Tacoma, gave me my own Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds action figure.  Unfortunately, he* is neither life-sized, or anywhere near as good looking as Nathan Fillion.

*He refers to the action figure and not to my friend.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 02:35:42 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2006, 02:49:58 PM »

Yup, those are the places. At Morimoto we were in the Oakcase Room. It would have been fun to be in the main dining room. The booths and I think maybe the floors or something else change colors while you dine. Pretty cool looking.

At Cuba Libre we were upstairs. It was a memorial celebration of a friend's life. He killed himself a few months ago.  Will Smith and family were in an adjoining room. No one bothered them while they were eating, but on their way out they passed through our room and he was extremely friendly, signing autographs for a couple kids who were there and shaking hands. I wasn't near that area but could see from a distance. It made me smile to see how gracious he was.

I have always heard that he is a very nice person Cilla.

Safe flying vibes and have a safe journey home. The food sounds wonderful.

BTW, I someteims eat at midnight... The evils of being a night owl!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2006, 02:55:40 PM »

Comments on last Friday's season finale of GHOST WHISPERER.

Jennifer, I have been waiting for your comments on GHOST WHISPERER.  I cried during several parts of the episode, but lost it completely at the end.

Just know you're not the only one who cried. IT was incredibly moving.

Does anyone know if Aisha Tyler is on contract for next season? I cannot imagine the show without her.  I love the relationship between her and melinda, and between melinda and her husband.

My first thought (since i cannot imagine the show without andrea) is that she could perhaps stay in limbo (as a spirit) for next year.

My dad (who also watches the show) believes that the bad guy with the black hat will somehow bring her back to life. My dad thinks that the little girl was dead but brought back by the black hat guy.

Me, I think that the girl was not dead, but merely in a comatype state where you have the choice of coming back or not (i think i watch too many soaps).

I know GHOST WHISPERER is not that popular that spoilers would be around. but i really had no idea that the end was coming. And they did give a lot of clues. I mean a)they showed us the mother/daughter who had been in their car when the plane hit b)they showed only melinda talking to andrea, and c)andrea was wearing the same dingy clothes.

But it still did not occur to me.  I didn't think that brother was dead either. ANd when melinda said he was outside, i thought perhaps he was dead. When he explained that he had taken a later flight I thought that HIS car had perhaps been hit by the plane (that it was his fate to die).

Yeah it was a very upsetting/moving show. I was in total shock.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2006, 02:57:59 PM »

Congrats DR Ginny!!  All the best on your position...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2006, 02:59:34 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR DANISE
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2006, 03:00:03 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday Danise!![/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Have a grand day!![/move] [/size]

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2006, 03:03:37 PM »

I have enjoyed the Ghost Whisperer when I have had the chance to see it. It is a good program.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2006, 03:04:23 PM »

A very good friend of mine who owns a comic book store here in Tacoma, gave me my own Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds action figure.  Unfortunately, he* is neither life-sized, or anywhere near as good looking as Nathan Fillion.

*He refers to the action figure and not to my friend.

Not many dolls, er . . . action figures, could "measure up" to Nathan. He's a stunning looking man.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2006, 03:04:28 PM »

Tom, I do believe Danise will love the rose.

Is that from your garden?

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2006, 03:04:59 PM »

Off to clean the guest bathroom now and then settle in for a full night of Sunday television.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2006, 03:24:04 PM »

Not many dolls, er . . . action figures, could "measure up" to Nathan. He's a stunning looking man.

A-MAN Amen!
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2006, 03:28:49 PM »

Yes Dakota - our garden - pic taken two days ago.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2006, 03:31:08 PM »

Yes Dakota - our garden - pic taken two days ago.

Any pansies in your garden, Tom?
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2006, 03:35:49 PM »

No but the fairies are still around - though wearing more the last couple of days.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2006, 03:36:50 PM »

Not quite enough rain for the ferries yet though.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2006, 03:38:45 PM »

Where's FJL?  I need help with fairy cross the mercy.
Perhaps I just need a pacemaker.
Or if the fairy is cross - perhaps a peacemaker.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2006, 03:41:40 PM »

Prayer from the less well-endowed of earlier times - Blessed are the piece makers.  Yes I know that took some  codtemplating.
James Thurber 1957

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2006, 03:42:06 PM »

There's a weekend fundraising fair going on at that Catholic school next to the church one street behind me. (I thought it was two streets when I mentioned it earlier - but it's just one!) They have a bandstand with horrible music (at least today it's country - Friday and yesterday it was blaring bad rock until 10 at night). Anyway, each night they end the thing with fireworks. And it sounds like it's in my backyard - which it almost is. I mean MAJOR fireworks. The noise is horrific - like canons and guns. And I have a bit of ye old post-traumatic stress from my childhood experiences. So loud noises like that totally undo me. Intellectually I know it's only fireworks, but emotionally I'm being shot at and i start to shake and cry. (No, I'm not crazy. It's real.) Anyway, I ain't the only one uncomfortable in this household. Poor Wonderdog (aka Abie) is petrified. I have to lie in the guestroom bed holding him until it ends each night. Well, actually, it's nice for both of us. I comfort him and he comforts me. That's how I've been spending the nights THIS weekend. the glamorous Hollywood life. La-di-dah! Tonight is the last night of the fair, thank goodness.

Tomovoz

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2006, 03:43:15 PM »

Are they giving special parking permits to people with dyslexic kepyboarding skills TCB?
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: May 07, 2006, 03:44:31 PM »

Where's FJL?  I need help with fairy cross the mercy.
Perhaps I just need a pacemaker.
Or if the fairy is cross - perhaps a peacemaker.

I suppose we could Gerry-rig one!
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2006, 03:45:55 PM »

DR Maria - I only learned a few days ago that some of my relatives a few generations ago - crossed over to  the dark side...... there are Catholics in the family. Family tree research can be quite scary.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2006, 03:47:24 PM »

I suppose we could Gerry-rig one!

As opposed to Bobby-rig one
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up