News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TGIF  (Read 16050 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
TGIF
« on: May 12, 2006, 12:43:34 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know the drill, you know the routine, you know the vibe, and now it is time for you to post until the cow's come home - they're currently at the local Hooter's having their TGIF evening.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 12:13:00 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TGIF
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 12:45:05 AM »

And the word of the day is: CHASTITY!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 12:54:36 AM »

Chastity: Is that is when it is sonny and you go chertless and are chased by admirers?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 12:57:50 AM »

TOTD:
CDs. Eurovision - Athens 2006
         Isabelle Georges "December Songs"

DVD: "The Magdalene Sisters"
         "The Pink Panther Strikes Again"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 01:13:01 AM »

Congratulations to Ann and Jed.

Congratulations to Sandra as well.

FJL

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 01:14:29 AM »

I don't think I've ever read the notes at this hour before.  But I'm finally adjusted to California time.

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 04:29:21 AM »

Good morning Ben.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 04:30:35 AM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 04:34:11 AM »

Good Morning Tom

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 04:43:44 AM »

TGIF!

Ain't it the truth?  Although it is a work day for me, I will survive.  I only have to go one place, as opposed to MR BK who is on his way to at least a half dozen.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 04:46:02 AM »

DVD:

The special editions of The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno.

Season 1 of Dr. Katz Professional Therapist

Season 2 of The Nanny.

Music: Academy Award Winning and Nominated Songs from 1934 to 2002 (Chosen from what is on my IPod)
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 04:46:35 AM »

TOD

VCR:  NO DOWN PAYMENT - you didn't forget it was on DRMBARNUM, I am watching a video!  (And good Vibes for getting your player replaced!).  Sometimes, unplugging and then plugging it back in helps.  :P

DVD:  More POLICEWOMAN with Angie and Earl.  ;D

CD:  IL DIVO Ancora and Juan Florez Great Tenor Arias.  A WARNING:

Even though these guys call theirselves Opry sangers, there ain't one yip er yodel on any of these here songs....so if ur lookin' for real Opry sanging stick to Roy Drusky or Little Jimmy Dickens.  :P
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 04:47:01 AM by JRand55 »

Ben

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 04:49:13 AM »

One of the last episodes of Sell This House that we watched before we downgraded our cable service had Chastity Bono trying to sell her place. Apparently Cher is a big fan of the show and since Chaz was having trouble unloading the place Mom contacted the show and she got a helping hand. It was actually a good episode.

I LOVE Oscar Brand. It's amazing that he's still on radio lo these many years. He's got a show on WNYC, our public radio station.

We went to see the Posideon Adventure last night. The real one. From 1972. With Shelly Winters in all her glory and Stella Stevens in all her underwear. It was part of Chelsea Classics night. $6 at Chelsea Cinemas, Where Dreams Come True, plus a floor show with Hedda Lettuce. What a hoot! We then came home and watched the taped episode of Will and Grace. Oh, my, they are not going out on a high note. The whole sub plot between Bernadette Peters and Karen as sisters was so unfunny that it was almost painful to watch. What a waste of talent.

We have no video or DVD plans this weekend because our social calendar is full!

Tomorrow (Saturday) after a haircut and possible play time with a friend's dog. He (the friend) is out of town and if it's not raining tomorrow, (not likely), I will take Homer to the dog run so he can get out of the kennel for a couple of hours. After that we go visitin' to Anthony's cousin on the Upper West Side. One last visit before he goes away for six weeks.

He (Anthony) doesn't leave until May 20th but he will be on Long Island all next week getting ready. He will drive in to the city on Friday, park the car in front of the apartment, pack up and then leave on Saturday for his drive to Virginia.

On Sunday we are visiting also! We know this cute couple who live uptown near The Cloisters. We thought we would go up and see them before Anthony leaves. If it's not raining (again not likely according to the weather report) we will go Cloistering, otherwise we will have brunch and laugh and talk and give Tom Tryon books to them and then come home. A good time is expected.

Some of you might know this couple. They go by the names Tom and Antonia  ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 04:56:54 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 04:51:42 AM »

I spy Michael Shayne! Good Morning to You.

Also, Good Morning to Jack!

Ben

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 04:54:55 AM »

I have lots of CDs to keep me busy this morning.

Howard Crabtree's Whoop-De-Doo
Howard Crabtree's When Pigs Fly
Oh, Coward (Original Cast Recording)
Cowardy Custard (Original London Cast Recording courtesy of TomovOz
Side by Side by Sondheim (Original London Cast Recording)
Stop the World - I Want to Get Off (Original Cast Recording)
On A Clear Day You Can See Forever (Original Cast Recording)

Right now I'm listening to CD Masters on BBC Radio 3.

That's it for now. I need to finish the Rockefeller Foundation file this morning so it's off to work.

Later, mes amis.

Tomovoz

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 04:58:01 AM »

Hello Jack and Michael/
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 05:16:29 AM »

Hello!

It IS raining here again....or rather STILL!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 05:18:04 AM »

Oh well, I have to be inside working anyway.  Maybe our BIG book order will come today and we can get everything on the shelf.

And of course this is our ReadaRama weekend, when all the cheapskates come in to find out their futures, but that's okay.

AND watch out for secrets revealed this weekend, DR's.  The moon in Scorpio provides the motive AND the opportunity!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 05:18:16 AM »

Off to work.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 05:33:11 AM »

Chastity: Is that is when it is sonny and you go chertless and are chased by admirers?

Only at the Home Depot.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 05:44:23 AM »

I'm trying to think of what my favorite revealed secret has been and all I can come up with right now is when Graham Jarvis' ex-wife revealed that her terrible facial scar was a fake on MARY HARTMAN, MARY HARTMAN.

I really do need to think of a better one...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2006, 05:50:48 AM »

Media Check:

iPod:  Barbra Streisand -- JUST FOR THE RECORD -- The 60s sides of this disk are pretty good.  It's great to hear Streisand when she was reckless and loose with her voice.  There's some self-serving crap on this recording, but it's worth the time to get to the cherce stuff.

Tivo:  EDISON, THE MAN with Spencer Tracy

-- Anaïs Nin

Tomovoz

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 05:52:51 AM »

Chinatown?

Good Morning DtM
James Thurber 1957

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 05:57:39 AM »

Morning, Tomovoz.

How are things in your parts?

Er, let me rephrase that...
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 06:17:09 AM »

For DR MattH, re: the season finale of VERONICA MARS.

do not read if you do not want to know the spoilers.

OMG!!!!!!!  I got the tape last night at dinner and could not wait to watch it last night.

I will say this the actual killer was not really that much of a surprise. I also had been thinking this could be the guy (or his brother).  But the more interesting part was how everything connected (not sure why but i never expected him to be missing from that baseball photo). That part of the story and the abuse was brilliant. And I am not sure why I did not see that coming.

What was interesting was all that happened. I had to keep stopping the tape and processing because everything was happening so fast. I have never seen so much new info being presented so quickly.

All that good stuff happened and there was still 20 minutes left.

The most gut-wrenching moment was when the killer set off the plane bomb. I was not sure what we would find out about that (i figured it would be left as a cliff-hanger). But it was so moving and i was mesmerized.

And all that stuff with the bacon was incredible. ANd with logan! Wow.

And you keep thinking it's over. And then we see Kendall and all that money, and then veronica is not met at the airport. What a crazy show.

Do you know when we will find out if it will be back next year?

Kerry

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2006, 06:29:26 AM »

Unfortunately (and I say this because the songs will NOT getout of my head, and I must keep playing them), the CD with "My Name is Jack" by Manfred Mann; "Bing Bang Bong" by Sophia Loren and "Will I What?" by Mike Sarne is playing and playing and playing.  
Jack and Tomovoz may have to rescue me soon.  This is worse than Merlin Jones!!
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2006, 06:31:12 AM »

Media report:

DVD: the first two seasons of Dinosaurs.

CD player, car: I have no idea what we'll be listening to on our trip to and from Philadelphia today.  

And I need new reading material.  Good reason to stop by the Cook Book Stall at Reading Terminal while in Philly.    :D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2006, 06:33:19 AM »

What is this with haircuts?  Our esteemed BK wants a haircut.  Ben wants a haircut.  I had my hair cut just yesterday.   I don't like it.  (My haircut, not the trend.)  My hair, which I've grown out from it's former flattop, isn't parting correctly, and the new cut just makes things worse.  Bleh.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2006, 06:41:52 AM »

Good morning, all!  I've almost finished packing, I have a few errands to run and some laundry to do.  I'll be heading to the Dayton airport around 2 pm, and my flight's at 5.  Keep those travel vibes coming!

Last night my sister-in-law Jo Ann, who's one phenomenal cook, made dinner for my father and me.  I hadn't seen my nephew Cory all week, so I got to see him last night and learn what he's been up to now that he has his own apartment.  Then I went over to my brother Tom's to say goodbye.  He and his wife are the performers in the family, and they're working on a demo at the moment.

DR Sandra, I didn't get a chance to congratulate you last night!  You looked wonderful in your cap and gown.  Absolutely radiant.

TOD:  Nada!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2006, 06:58:39 AM »

I just caught up on yesterday's posts- so much news!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2006, 06:58:51 AM »

Congratulations to Ann and Jed!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up