Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: TGIF  (Read 16051 times)

Cillaliz

Re:TGIF
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2006, 08:06:51 PM »

Welcome home Elmore.  I didn't wish you vibes on the web, but was certainly sending them to you...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2006, 08:33:40 PM »

DR Jennifer, about VERONICA MARS:

First off, the characters of Jackie and Duncan are done on the show. Their characters are not supposed to figure into next year's storylines at all. Also, Kendall Casablancas (will not be a regular and may not make many appearances at all next year.

Next year, there will not be a season long mystery arc. Instead, there will be three mystery arcs that will run for 1/3 of the season each and then wrapped up only to have another begin. I believe the producers feel the show hasn't caught on more because if you miss any episodes along the way, the season-long mystery is lost to the viewer. This way, if you miss one episode or even one whole mystery arc, you won't be lost for the rest of the season.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2006, 08:37:54 PM »

Well, Lucy plays "Lucille Ball" in the film BEST FOOT FORWARD, but I certainly think she's better in something like FANCY PANTS or even DUBARRY WAS A LADY (even though she doesn't sing for herself except in "Friendship" at the end of the film.)

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2006, 08:40:06 PM »

I got a new piece of video equipment today, so I wanted to test it with what I consider the best DVD transfer of a recent movie I could think of - CHICAGO. It looked just wonderful.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2006, 08:41:06 PM »

Next, I put in BATMAN BEGINS since it has so many grays and blacks as part of its design. It, too, delivered everything I could hope for in video quality.

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2006, 08:42:36 PM »

FInished out the night's viewing with CONVICTION on NBC. Not very interesting cases this week, and with all the inter-office dating and romances going on, it's a very crowded, exhausting show. I don't suspect it's going to be renewed, so there will only be an episode or two more to go.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2006, 08:45:07 PM »

Winner of the Cheesiest DVD packaging for Emmy Consideration: I kid you not - the DVDs for the TEN COMMANDMENTS mini-series arrived today. Each of the 2 DVDs is embedded in a faux-tablet like Moses brought down from the Mount. Oy!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 08:45:36 PM by Maria »

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2006, 08:47:41 PM »

While I was watching CONVICTION, I noticed the sound wasn't quite right. At a commercial, I did a sound check of my speakers, and sure enough, the right front speaker was dead. So, I had to go through the arduous task of crawling back behind the receiver to check connections. They looked OK, no wires were sticking out or looking obviously unconnected. I brought in another speaker and swapped it out with the one currently being used to see if the speaker itself was dead. Still no sound.

So, I once again I got behind the receiver, undid the right speaker connections and then reattached them. Did the test, and NOW it worked just fine.

But it was SO much trouble getting back there with that tangle of wires. You gotta love this stuff to endure these problems occasionally.

I've read that wireless surround systems are on the way. They can't come fast enough for me (though I'm sure the price will be prohibitive at first.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2006, 08:53:11 PM »

Back from Staples - had to make some more copies of the new play - it's going out to two theaters on Monday.

Ran into my Russian masseuse whilst there.

MBarnum

« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2006, 09:05:05 PM »

Ran into my Russian masseuse whilst there.

Ouch! I hope no  one was hurt!

No get out of the blue funk and into the purple passion or at least the lemon Joy.

MBarnum

« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2006, 09:07:01 PM »

Back from the gym. And finished watching HOT SUMMER NIGHT...starring my interviewee Ms. Colleen Miller...she is so pretty in this film. It co-stars James Best who is such an interesting actor...and he really played some scary characters in his early career.

MBarnum

« Reply #161 on: May 12, 2006, 09:08:52 PM »

Since nobody has danced yet, let's let pretty Colleen Miller of Beverly Hills, California have the honors!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #162 on: May 12, 2006, 09:11:05 PM »

Good evening all.  I have spent the last three hours watching the end of season one and beginning of season two of Alias.  It makes me feel sad about how much the show has gone downhill since then.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #163 on: May 12, 2006, 09:11:35 PM »

Rodzinski is out with his buddies.  If anyone sees him, tell him it's time to come home. :)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #164 on: May 12, 2006, 09:11:51 PM »

As for me, I'm heading off to bed.

Cillaliz

« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2006, 09:19:14 PM »

Night TPunk....time for me to go to sleep as well. Night all

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2006, 09:28:00 PM »

Good evening all.  I have spent the last three hours watching the end of season one and beginning of season two of Alias.  It makes me feel sad about how much the show has gone downhill since then.

Not just sad. Tragic. A tragedy of epic proportions.

I know producers need to make 100 episodes of a series to hope to make their productions costs back via syndication, but this show was never meant to run five years, at least not when it took the turns it took early on.

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: May 12, 2006, 09:29:03 PM »

Heading for bed myself.

Good night, everyone!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: May 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM »

Bored.  Tired, but not tired.  Hungry, but don't really want to eat (I had a very small dinner).

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #169 on: May 12, 2006, 11:03:55 PM »

Sleepover so far.... picked up my niece, discovered one girl had a dance class rehearsal and one had a swim team practice and neither could join us for dinner,so the niece, the Vixter & I went out to a little Italian place where I had chicken marsala and they had pizza

That's what they ordered!! They coulda had an entree!!!!

Collected the other two girls and off we went to Barnum.  The Vixter and I had quite a few friends in the show and although it could have benefitted from a more charasmatic leading man, it was fun and it ended very well... the energy , the colors, the performance really left on a wonderful high note.

Home again for a chocolate fountain fondue with strawberries, blueberries, marshmallows, orange slices, pretzels, apples and bananas for diping , then smoothies with the aforementioned  fruits and vanilla icecream and milk.

The the girls played "Nigtmare" the video board game in which they had to complete a board game within the one hour time fromt he video staring and the "Gate Keeper" keeps suddenly appearing on the screen and yelling at them and telling them to do things .  It was a lot of fun watching them scream everytime he suddenly appeared.

Now they are making jewlwely and calming down intheother room....since its just about 2 AM  I think I will give them a 30 minute warning to finish up and get to the bedroom so I can finally join Vixdad  in bed upstairs ( he went to bed ages ago... but not before suddenly appearing inthe livingroom wearing a scull mask while the girls were playing Nightmare... I suspect we woke the neighbors with the sceaming that ensued)

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 11:05:14 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2006, 11:06:17 PM »

~~~~Travel Vibes~~~[/color]

for FJL
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom