Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HAZARDOUS WASTE  (Read 20407 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:HAZARDOUS WASTE
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2003, 07:34:27 PM »

Swishy Sarah we enjoy your postings and venting.   “Speaking of smiles, at the restaurant today, a man asked me if he cold have a straw. When I gave him one, he smiled the most GENUINE smile I've ever seen, and said "Thank you so much! You're the greatest!" in a completely sincere tone of voice. I was smiling for at least an hour afterwards, it was the nicest thing.”  That certainly isn’t complaining.  It is certainly a happy story.  :) :)

Michael

« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2003, 07:53:20 PM »

Just finished watching Part One of Angeles in America!! Brilliant!! You must see it. Find a friend who has HBO and see it!!
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2003, 07:57:48 PM »

Jane: I did that?  What a bon vivant I was, and how cute you were and are.  Actually, I don't remember where the dance was held.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2003, 08:04:12 PM »

Oh I missed the chat!  Sad Sad Sad.....  

Yes that is the picture that DRMBarnum uses at the Scarlet Street site where he is listed as part of the staff!  It is indeed a nice study.

Angels in America....part two next Sunday!

So many things in the notes - Sarah congratulations on the Valentine Show - if you want it - work breeds work, so if you are interested at all in working at the venue in the future, don't turn down a part!   That is advice from one of those "mature" people you don't understand.

No dogs at the Farmer's Market??!!!!  Abie is right to be outraged!

New info from SWW!  And on and on....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2003, 08:16:54 PM »

Noel-

NOT EXACTLY PARIS was written by Russell George and Michael Leonard and is on Nancy LaMotts's" LISTEN TO MY HEART "CD. The last CD she made,I believe.

Michael

« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2003, 08:18:11 PM »

The best selection of cabaret songs I've seen recently was about a year ago at Don't Tell Mama:

You There in the Back Row
The Kid Inside
Stools
Hello Tom
Nothing Really Happened
Fifteen Pounds Away From My Love
So Many People
Watching the Show
I Can Do This
You Can Be a New Yorker Too
I Have Found

Everybody know these songs?  And who sang them?

And did anyone ever answer my query as to who wrote "Not Exactly Paris"?

I will answer these songs

You There in the Back Row -----The only person I know who sang it and recorded it was Liz Callaway

The Kid Inside and Nothing Really  has been recorded by many people. They were written by Craig Carnellia for a musical called Is There Life After High School. and he recorded The Kid Inside  in his own cabaret act.

Hello Tom. I am wondering if it not Dear Tom from I'm Getting My Act and Taking It On the Road by Nancy Ford and Gretchen Cryer

So Many People of course is by Stephen Sondheim and was written for Saturday Night. Many people have recorded it.

You Can Be a New Yorker too was written by Charles Strouse for the off-broadway musical Mayor

I am wonder if the complete title for I Have Found is I Have Found Out and then it would be from the musical Great Expectations

And Not Exactly Paris was recorded wonderfully by Nancy LaMott and was written by Rusell George and Michael leonard

Not sure about the other songs but if I had time I might look them up for you later
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »

Noel-

NOT EXACTLY PARIS was written by Russell George and Michael Leonard and is on Nancy LaMotts's" LISTEN TO MY HEART "CD. The last CD she made,I believe.

Actually I think it was her first cd. The last one (so far) was released after her death which was What's Good About Goodbye?
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2003, 08:20:46 PM »

I can tell you what WON'T be happening next Sunday and that will be chat.  If we have to skip a week then we shall skip a week.  Or, if I can manage to do a mid-week one then we'll do that.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2003, 08:28:04 PM »

I echo DR Michael's comments about ANGELS IN AMERICA: MILLENIUM APPROACHES. It was truly as wonderful as I was hoping, and the play has held up fantasticly. I was most impressed with Patrick Wilson because, to be honest, I thought he was as bland as white bread in THE FULL MONTY, but he really is exploring his character to its depths, and I was SO impressed. It also is SO great to get to see deeply into the actors' eyes (which you can't do at a play). Adds 100% to the effect their words have on you (or me at least).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2003, 08:28:49 PM »

Good evening all
Three choir concerts in two days...and another tomorrow night.  Oy vey.  But both of the ones today went really well.  I was rather hoping that chat would still be going on when I got home, but oh well.  I'll try to catch the next one, whenever it is.
Must write a paper before 9 am tomorrow morning...bring on the coffee...

Michael

« Reply #130 on: December 07, 2003, 08:29:01 PM »

Well off to bed folks. But please if you have an opportunity to see Angels in America grab it!!!
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: December 07, 2003, 08:52:02 PM »

Man, it is like a glue factory here tonight.  We got people perusing, that we've got.  Oh, well, I suppose we'll set a new record tonight.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2003, 08:54:16 PM »

I'm off for bed myself. I only got six hours of sleep last night, so I'm hoping tonight will be a more successful night for sleeping. Be back tomorrow as I hope all others will.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: December 07, 2003, 08:55:09 PM »

And ohbytheway!  Is anyone else as concerned as I am that Jennifer is playing with a glue gun?  That there is actually a glue gun in her house???????

Guns don't glue people.  People glue people.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #134 on: December 07, 2003, 09:02:33 PM »

Michael-

I believe that Nancy LaMott's last CD was LISTEN TO MY HEART...Beautiful Baby was her first.

WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT GOODBYE was released after her death and the contents of said recording where made long before the making and release of Listen to My Heart.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2003, 09:03:13 PM »

I'm here, I'm posting, and now I'm leaving. I need sleeeeeep.

And I'm probably going to be semi-E and T tomorrow, I might not get home until late. I have school, then after school choir rehearsal, then a Banquet that I'm singing carols at, and then volunteer service for the Banquet. I don't have a clue when it ends, we shall see.

And since it's midnight here on the East Coast, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BK!
...Walk in the sunshine...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2003, 09:16:08 PM »

MBarnum -- It is obvious to me where your good looks come from.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 09:20:58 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2003, 09:44:05 PM »

It has been a very nice day.  My son in Romania called me, then my brother, my niece and my other son in Portland.  And of course I had so many birthday wishes right here.  Thank you for helping make my day special.

Good night.
 :) :) :) :) :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2003, 09:45:39 PM »

Good drive back to Richmond - and it was so nice getting back before midnight!  Actually, I was back by 10:45!  Even had time to head to the restaurant on the corner and get a burger and fries - really good burger and really good fries.

Unfortunately, just two blocks from my house there was some major car accident.  It looked like at least two cars were involved, but from the amount of glass on the roadway, it might have been more.  But the police and EMTs were doing their job, and I hope everyone involved only had their vehicles damaged.

I'm planning on watching Angels in America: Millenium Approaches tomorrow night on HBO2 - love those plex channels!  But before that...  I'm hoping to have a nice long day.  I've even made a breakfast date with a friend to catch up over coffee and knosh at Starbucks.  -Although, Starbucks doesn't really qualify as a true "knosh" place.  And then it's baking time.  -I need to do some cleaning and prep work in the kitchen before heading to bed.  Run a few errands, have a nice dinner out, then watch TV.  Sounds like a good day off, huh?

Well, I'm outta here for now... I'll check back right before turning in.
Make Your Own Luck.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2003, 09:50:32 PM »

When I wrote:
The best selection of cabaret songs I've seen recently was about a year ago at Don't Tell Mama:

You There in the Back Row
The Kid Inside
Stools
Hello Tom
Nothing Really Happened
Fifteen Pounds Away From My Love
So Many People
Watching the Show
I Can Do This
You Can Be a New Yorker Too
I Have Found

Everybody know these songs?  And who sang them?

It wasn't because I didn't know the songs.  I was suggesting that everybody here should know these rather obscure songs, because they're really good.  And "who put them all in one wonderful cabaret act?" was another of my guessing games.

I Have Found is an excellent song by William Finn from that still-not-yet-produced musical comedy The Royal Family and I wrote I Can Do This.  Indeed BK was the first to record Watching the Show and You There In The Back Row.  Those two albums, by the way ("by the way" in internet lingo) are my favorite BK-produced albums.  I play them all the time.

But look at the time!  Could it be?  Yes, it could!  Hold your hats and hallelujah, get out your ham chunks and cheese, and perhaps more of those "pigs in pigs" (hot dogs wrapped in bacon), it's somebody's birthday...

:D :D   :D :D :D  :D   :D   :D

Happy Birthday, Bruce!

Everybody sing:

You're past your prime...

You're past your peak
You'se an early antique
Look at this physique
Just hear the old bones creak!
Where there was a glow
There ain't a glow no mo'
Now the wrinkles show
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2003, 09:50:38 PM »

Chat was fun tonight, if small.  I finally finished my American Lit paper....while I HATE doing analysis papers, I suppose I am relatively okay at them.  

I saw the first hour of Angels in America but left early for chat.  My mom taped the rest, which I intend to watch tomorrow.  I can only say that based on an hour of viewing, I can see why this is considered one of the greatest plays of the twentieth century.  Incredible.

Happy early birthday to BK, even though it technically isn't his birthday on the West Coast yet!

TCB--looove the hat on the pic!  Absolutely adorable!

Ann and Jed--glad that your respective recital and show went well!

Hmmmm...if anyone is interested some Macbeth pics were posted, and I thought I would amuse you with one:

Behold my best friend Isis, moi and Metalhead.  If I ever wrote an autobiography, I think I would pull a Merman and leave his page blank.

Tomovoz

« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2003, 09:53:49 PM »

Jane: "My Son In Romania" sound like a wonderful song title. Thank you for the waltz story and pleased you had a good day.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2003, 09:58:34 PM »

Noel--love the ditty...which is entirely facetious of course!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2003, 10:03:47 PM »

I'm Past my Prime - one of my favorite Li'l Abner songs - of course, I am an early antique.

Technically it's not my birthday, so I shall revel in my youth a bit longer.

Maya, who is that "person" standing next to you?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2003, 10:06:47 PM »

BK-

Since it's Monday in this part of the world I can say A DEFINITIVE  H A P P Y  B I R T H D A Y  Dear BRUCE and manymanymanymanymanymanymanymanymany more!!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 10:11:47 PM by ArnoldMBrockman »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2003, 10:08:45 PM »

But technically it's not Monday in this part of the world, so I shall revel in my youth for a few moments more.  After that, I'se an early antique.

Tomovoz

« Reply #146 on: December 07, 2003, 10:27:44 PM »

Mr Brockman Snr have you switched coasts?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #147 on: December 07, 2003, 10:38:17 PM »

Ann. Shouldn't you be writing a paper? Glad to hear your Choir work was so well received. When does your seemingly never ending paper trail finish?
James Thurber 1957

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2003, 10:49:21 PM »

Noel--love the ditty...which is entirely facetious of course!

and written by Savannah's own Johnny Mercer.
In the show, it's sung by a 17-year-old knockout who feels she should've been married by now.

And speaking of being married, what better birthday (or Christmas!) gift could there be than

www.WeddingMusical.com   ;)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 11:55:31 PM by Noel »
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2003, 10:56:54 PM »

LOL, BK, what "person" do you mean?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up