Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: HAZARDOUS WASTE  (Read 20356 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:HAZARDOUS WASTE
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2003, 01:23:22 PM »

OK, DR Ron threw down the gauntlet last night in expressing his extreme recommendation for STRICTLY BALLROOM, and one other person chimed in with support. He has assured me that it is not in the frenzied, headache-inducing style of the same director's MOULIN ROUGE, so I would love to hear some other opinions about this film. I will eventually rent it to be "in the know" about this director's films, but do others share this same overwhelming enthusiasm for the movie as DR Ron does?

MattH -- It is a wonderful film and Paul Mecurio is superb.  I also disliked Moulin Rouge, but Strictly Ballroom is a winner.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2003, 01:23:25 PM »

What can be said about Hildy?

She's a crap designer!

She has a huge ego and no concern for her clients.

If it were my room that had been covered in feathers, they would NOT have been able to use what I would have said...and the preview of the corrugated cardboard wall treatment was beyond repugnant.

I hate her.  And her crappy answer when Page asked her if "she" would want feathers on her wall: "Well, my house is ALL WHITE!"  She "experiments" on these shows with all these little ideas that pop into her head.  Believe me, the synapses are not firing good ideas!

It figures.  Pretentious (w)itch!

It's going to cost those homeowners about $5,000 to undo the damage Hildy did for $992.13.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 01:26:27 PM by Ron Pulliam »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2003, 01:31:10 PM »

A HUGE happy birthday wish to DR Jane, one of the nicest people to ever grace the HHW forum!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Michael Barnum -- What a wonderful picture.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2003, 01:34:40 PM »

Opps, I fixed my goof.  I'm sorry both to Ann and Jane!  I've been thinking (note not working) on my Christmas card list.  Must have gotten the names mixed up.

That happens when you live in the sea.   :)

I've been trying to get my scanner to work all afternoon but can't.  I wanted to show you fellow Dr. Who fans some pictures.  Since that didn't work I had to settle on using my digital camera.  Sorry they didn't turn out so great.

Here is Colin Baker the 6th Doctor--
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 01:52:29 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2003, 01:36:03 PM »

Here is Nicola Bryant.  His American Companion.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2003, 01:38:09 PM »

Really loved the new picture DR MBarnum, but it can't be from the Eisenhower era. He's not old enough to have been around then, much less a teen as he appears to be there. My goodness, how handsome!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2003, 01:40:07 PM »

I spent part of this afternoon watching an old tape of THE ODD COUPLE episodes from TV. Was that a hilarious show or what? The movie ODD COUPLE is a very good version of the stage hit, but I think Klugman and Randall are pitch perfect as Oscar and Felix in the TV series. I laughed and laughed.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2003, 01:42:18 PM »

No, it couldn't be from the Eisenhower era...unless it's his father!!!

Danise

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2003, 01:44:25 PM »

I get the other two mixed up.  One is Nicholas Courtney--the Brigadier and the other was "Harry".  

All of these pictures are from Omnicom '84 I also met John Nathan Turner--the shows Producer at the time.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2003, 01:45:09 PM »

I finally have my Christmas tree up.  Took me about 3 minutes.

Fiber optic, don't ya know!

Since I don't spend any part of Christmas here, it seems silly to decorate, but it gets me into the spirit of Christmas to put a few things out.  

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2003, 01:46:59 PM »

And ohbytheway!  Is anyone else as concerned as I am that Jennifer is playing with a glue gun?  That there is actually a glue gun in her house???????

We have all learned why this is not a good idea, but shouldn't there be some licensing involved?

Jennifer:  The Hildy segments of "Trading Spaces" are not instructional!  They edit out safety precautions that everyone should take when actually applying those melted glue sticks to surfaces.

And ohmygoshbutwhatwereyougluingwhenyouburnedyourinde xfinger?  Youweren'ttryingtodofeathersyourselfwereyou?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 01:52:11 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Danise

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2003, 01:48:43 PM »

Here's the other one.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2003, 01:51:07 PM »

One last photo--Me at a local TV station fund raiser for Dr. Who. 1984
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2003, 02:11:46 PM »

, but I think the best season of the series was The Key to Time, during Tom Baker's run, which I would like to have on DVD some day..

Ah but it is!!

Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2003, 02:14:56 PM »

My, my, my (that's 3 mys) I was actually able to read all the posts in a quick spurt on this late afternoon, kinda like the old days. I'm just checking in to say hello. I have so much to catch up on but I doubt that I will be able to do that.

Before I forget

Happy Birthday Jane

Glad I could be here for at least one of the festivities. As I remember, there are plenty of festivities coming up in the next few days. I will try to be here for some of them.

I still need to eat dinner and finish the NY Times. Don't know if I will be around for chat. I will try to be there. A friend is taping Angels in America for me. I saw the stage production (one of the finest pieces of theatre I have ever seen, it easily goes on my list of Top Ten) and I want to see this film version also. Part of the ending of my saga with Time-Warner Cable of NYC included me cancelling HBO so I will have to rely on the kindness of my friends who continue to have HBO. They will tape the final episodes of Sex in the City and both parts of Angels and Six Feet Under for me.

I'll try to be here later. TTFN.

Ben

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2003, 02:16:04 PM »

A vanity post or two just to get me to 450 so 500 doesn't seem so far away. My postings have dropped so far I'm afraid to look at myself on the stats board. I've probably fallen off the radar.

Ben

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2003, 02:18:14 PM »

My, my. I've only fallen to number 9. It looks like our next God-Like Hainsie will be the lovely and talented Mr. TCB, who, when I last looked, had 494 posts. Only 7 more to go to 501 and he will join the heavenly group so near and yet so far from me.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2003, 02:18:49 PM »

I had some friends who were mad about DOCTOR WHO, but I could just never get into it. But isn't it great when a favorite show gets released on DVD so you can have it to watch whenever you want.

I was so disheartened when Fox Home Video announced it wasn't going to release any more seasons of THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW because the Season1 boxed set sold so poorly. I bought it, and I do like Season 1 very much, but I felt the show only got better as the years passed and the characters became richer and fuller creations.

Michael

« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2003, 02:20:26 PM »

Question for Bruce: The Jeff Harnar album you executive produced has no producer credit. Do you remember who it was?
Never stop dreaming.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2003, 02:32:48 PM »

I feel like I complain too much on the board. I come home and I vent about my day. There shall be no more of this! No more big complaints from Swishy.

Noel: How funny that you remember I have a seventh grade soccer-playing sister! Good memory!

I did NOT get cast in the Cabaret show, but when the director called, she said I had a wonderful audition, and she wished there were more spots in the show, or they would have cast me. Although I'm not in this show, I now have an automatic role in Valentines Follies in February, should I want it.

I don't even know what that is, I just smiled and said Thank You. I won't ever understand adults, no offense to the majority of the board.

Maya: I would have a romantic theme for my cabaret night, with swoon-worthy songs being sung. That's really cool about your friend, elaborate!

I'm off to a local church's youth group program with my friend. The church has a really fun thing called SNL (Sunday Night Live), with a band, games, etc. My friend was nervous about going by herself, so I'm keeping her company.

Oh, and wasn't there a birthday today? ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JANE! I hope your day is filled with smiles :).

Speaking of smiles, at the restaurant today, a man asked me if he cold have a straw. When I gave him one, he smiled the most GENUINE smile I've ever seen, and said "Thank you so much! You're the greatest!" in a completely sincere tone of voice. I was smiling for at least an hour afterwards, it was the nicest thing.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2003, 02:34:55 PM »

I just came back from my second visit today to the Studio City Farmers' Market. Why did I go twice, you ask. (And even if you don't, I'm about to tell you.) Well, I've been looking forward to checking out this once-weekly market. Missed it last week, so today, rain or shine, I was going. And I decided to take my faithful dog to give him a treat. He was very excited, knowing the way dogs do, that something interesting was about to happen. I drove along Ventura and parked a slight distance from the market. Abie (faithful dog) was now even more excited as he trotted along the Boulevard. We got to the market and were greeted by huge red signs: NO ANIMALS! Is that an outrage or what? Abie was very insulted. We walked along the outskirts of the market, peeking in like interlopers at HHW (nice ones) and then left. I have to say that the Farmers' Market in Boulder, CO welcomes dogs. I don't miss Boulder at all, but this one feature I do miss. And to add insult to injury, after I took Abie home and went back to the market, I saw a rather large woman with a tiny dog go right in like she owned the place.
...On a more pleasant topic - I want to once again wish Jane the happiest of days.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2003, 02:40:14 PM »

Happy Birthday, Dear Reader Jane! Hope your day is filled with much cake.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2003, 02:47:39 PM »

DR MBarnum has a new photo up.

He doesn't say who it is, but it favors him.  

It looks like a photo from the Eisenhower 1950s (black and white photo, well-dressed young man with a crewcut!) or the early. pre-Beatles 1960s.

That is indeed me, myself, and I. A buddy of mine took that picture a not too long ago when he was taking a photo course at Chemeketa Community College. He used me as a project for taking portraits or something. I wanted a nice photo to use for the back of a book cover if I should ever write a book.

Tomovoz

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2003, 02:47:54 PM »

DR Sarah. Smiles are such wonderful things. I would much rather a sincere smile than a thousand robotic "have a nice days". At least your name and voice are known now and the Valentines thing could be fun. AND You now get to see "Mama Mia" (I think that was the show) so indeed good news win or lose.
I make Cds for elderly folk (older than me would you believe?) and their thank you letters give me much joy. Sincerity is still out there in the world. Thanks for sharing your "smile story". The straw that did not break the camel's back.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2003, 02:49:38 PM »

I'd buy the book for the cover MBarnum. Can you judge a cover from its book I wonder.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2003, 02:50:58 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE!  Hope you have a great birthday!

I won't be at chat tonight.  I'm ushering for a show tonight and I have to be there at 5:30.

Otherwise, I'm off to have some pancakes and stuffed crepes at IHOP.  I had some last week and they weren't too bad.  And since they (the stuffed crepes) are only available for a limited time, this will probably be the last time that I have them.  However, the pancakes will be available for a much longer time.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2003, 02:54:55 PM »

More need not to know information. Way back in 1973 I stayed at Bed & Breakfast place in Cornwall. I loved the area and asked if I might stay for two more days than I had planned and then after that more days - the extra days were free. I have corresponded with the couple running the B & B every Christmas since. They are now both 92 years old. Sad I know but I always wait for the card each year before I send one back. God knows, they will probably outlive me anyway.
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2003, 03:14:53 PM »

Just wanted to say I won't be at chat either.  With tomorrow being my first day back at work, I know I'm going to be tired so I want to hit the hay a bit early tonight.

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2003, 03:15:12 PM »

Just finished watching the most enjoyable Bollywood movie. It was called ANAND, and it is the best Indian film I have ever seen, in fact I now rank it as one of my top ten movies of all time. It was made in 1970 and was so uplifting! It is about a man who has terminal cancer but spends his remaining months bringing as much joy as he can to those around him. The star is the very hunky Rajeesh Khanna and I highly recommend it to anyone, Bollywood fan or no!

BK, have you watched any other Bollywood films other then GUMNAAM? There are so many good ones out there!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2003, 03:32:33 PM »

Back from the matinee choir concert...it went pretty well, better than last night.  We got a standing ovation...that's always cool.  Off to get food and write a paper...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up