Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AN ACT TWO SORT OF DAY  (Read 17797 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:AN ACT TWO SORT OF DAY
« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2006, 03:08:00 PM »

Many vibes for Elmore's dad.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2006, 03:08:53 PM »

I thought of KRITZERLAND today because there was a copy of the JAMES THURBER CARNIVAL LP in the thrift store bin. Worth owning?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2006, 03:11:40 PM »

E&T I was while my little play finished. It went quite well, all things considered, and I ended up having a lot of fun watching it.

It was running "in rep" with ROSENCRANTZ AND GUILDENSTERN ARE DEAD, so I saw that Saturday night, and that was quite enjoyable, although I did not know it was so long, nigh 3 hours.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2006, 03:15:35 PM »

Tonight I shall take in SHINING CITY, about which I know nothing except Oliver Platt is in it, and Martha Plimpton. Or is it Oliver Plimp? I like him in any case, so we'll see how that goes.

As for the Tonys, on performance I liked that was ignored was the lead guy in RABBIT HOLE.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2006, 03:26:11 PM »

Good to see a special Tony to Sarah Jones for Bridge and Tunnel.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2006, 03:27:09 PM »

Nothing for THE BLONDE IN THE THUNDERBIRD though? Shocking!

Tomovoz

« Reply #156 on: May 16, 2006, 03:31:13 PM »

Anybody around these parts remember days when neighborhood kids would gang up around "the ice truck" and relish the few chunks of ice that the ice man would toss out at them?
The Christmas day before last I was out lunching with my sister and friends - one of the other diners at the restaurant who my sister remembered as her driving instructor, said hello and then said he remembered me as one of the young kids when he was "The Ice-Man". (about 1950 I guess)

Of course most readers will have memories remember the day they first had a refrigerator in their home.  NOT.

Good memories DR Ron
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 03:33:35 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #157 on: May 16, 2006, 03:31:50 PM »

My workplace is a ZOO tonight!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #158 on: May 16, 2006, 03:45:30 PM »

Thank you all for your best wishes....it is all set.  Tomorrow I have off to surprise my mother at the PEO meeting where she gets her award for being a member for 60 years.  She doesn't know about the award or me being there, so that should be fun.  Then I drive to Des Moines for our office seminar on Thursday. Friday I tie up loose ends then leave and don't have to go back to the office until July 10th!!!!!!   And it's all paid leave. I feel tons better already.

Ginny, I know what you mean about a week not being enough. I haven't taken more than one week vacation probably since 1993 or even before that. I'll have to keep that in mind for future reference

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: May 16, 2006, 03:46:13 PM »

And DR Jane, yes, I have the note.

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2006, 03:47:18 PM »

I would love to stay to chat, but actually I have to go back to the office.  I have many loose ends to tie up and have to take a lot of stuff with me to Des Moines for other people to cover my cases while I'm gone.  I've done it for them so I have no problem letting them do it for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2006, 03:50:20 PM »

DR Elmore. I don't plan to take any trips during this break. But I've always wanted to see a great airfare on the weekend sales and just jump on a plane and go. With this being a busy season, I'm not optimistic about it, but if I find a really great airfare to NYC, I may just pop over for a couple days.

VIBES TO DR ELMORE AND HIS FATHER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: May 16, 2006, 03:54:50 PM »

And doesn't it seem like the day just draaaaaags when it is like this.

And don't the days seem dank and long
When all goes right and nothing goes wrong
And isn't your life extremely flat
With nothing whatever to grumble at?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #163 on: May 16, 2006, 03:57:43 PM »

Quote from: vixmom on Today at 10:20:36am
The Florida Gators seemed to have been lunching on ladies lately unfortunately... three in the past couple of weeks from what I 've  read somewhere.....

"Here's to the ladies who're lunch, don't they all cause gas..."
"Tastes like chicken!"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #164 on: May 16, 2006, 04:00:06 PM »

...Oh, the dish we shall dirt.  No, that's not it.  Oh, the dirt we shall dish.
Lick that platter clean!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2006, 04:01:37 PM »

Nothing for THE BLONDE IN THE THUNDERBIRD though? Shocking!
She already has her thighs gizmo, what else does she need?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2006, 04:02:28 PM »

Vibes to DR Elmore and pere.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2006, 04:05:14 PM »

She already has her thighs gizmo, what else does she need?

Someone with taste telling her to steer clear of Broadway, perhaps.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2006, 04:10:17 PM »

If we had large pieces of cardboard, we'd use 'em to slide down hills in the summer....cardboard will slie pretty well on fresh grass!

I have fun memories of sliding down the hills at Will Rogers State Park.  The cardboard worked just fine on dirt.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2006, 04:10:58 PM »

We have five dogs.

Angie has found a new family, a grandmother with three grandlads of her own, ages six, four and two.  Der B took her to meet the family yesterday, well really Gramma and the Two, and she took to them instantly, teaching the Two how to play fetch and having a wonderful time.  He felt good enough about what he witnessed to leave her with them for a test night, and all seems to be working well.

She has even been given a new name, Dulcey, as in "sweet."  Which she is, of course.

What isn't sweet is the reaction from two of the ladies in the rescue group.  How dare he leave her with these people, who haven't filled out the paperwork or handed over a cheque!  How dare he leave her with these people, when she hasn't had all of her shots or been fixed!  (Mind, the doc we took her to see was the one who said she was too young for the operation.)

We may have trouble getting another foster, if these ladies don't get off their high horses.  That der B has had a much better record over the last two years placing pups (this makes five) than they have, combined, isn't going to factor in with their misplaced idealism.

*sigh*

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2006, 04:11:09 PM »

I just watched Judy Kuhn drown in LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT.  Pity.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2006, 04:12:53 PM »

I have fun memories of sliding down the hills at Will Rogers State Park.  The cardboard worked just fine on dirt.

AHA!!!  So you're the one who caused all that erosion!

:o

;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2006, 04:14:40 PM »

And the word of the day is: LISSOME!

YOU WIN SOME; YOU LISSOME!
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2006, 04:17:43 PM »

We once spent a couple of hours at Niagara-on-the-Lake, wish it had been longer.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2006, 04:32:23 PM »

T.O.D.

Let me see...........

Brent Barrett as Billy Flynn
Brent Barrett as Frank Butler
Brent Barrett as Fred Graham / Petruchio
Brent Barrett as Baron Felix
Mama Rose
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2006, 04:33:02 PM »

The Christmas day before last I was out lunching with my sister and friends - one of the other diners at the restaurant who my sister remembered as her driving instructor, said hello and then said he remembered me as one of the young kids when he was "The Ice-Man". (about 1950 I guess)

Of course most readers will have memories remember the day they first had a refrigerator in their home.  NOT.

Good memories DR Ron

I'm most pleased to have aided you in sweeping some of the cobwebs from your mind....as it were....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2006, 04:38:20 PM »

I haven't taken more than one week vacation probably since 1993 or even before that. I'll have to keep that in mind for future reference

If I were in a position to treat myself extremely well, THIS is where I'd go!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2006, 05:10:58 PM »

T.O.D.

Let me see...........

Brent Barrett as Billy Flynn
Brent Barrett as Frank Butler
Brent Barrett as Fred Graham / Petruchio
Brent Barrett as Baron Felix
[Brent Barrett] as Mama Rose

Brent's versatility evidently knows no bounds.  :)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 05:11:32 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2006, 05:13:16 PM »

Great news! My grades were posted and I cleared all A's this semester.  Now they for sure have to give me my diploma!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2006, 05:23:52 PM »

I did. When I was working at the Shaw Festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake. We're talking the Ice Age -- 1975. I was a hippie chick actress back then and always wore long skirts.

1975?  Hippie chick?  Lucky you didn't get the hair under your arms caught in the spokes!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up