Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DAY OF RECKONING  (Read 17034 times)

Ginny

Re:DAY OF RECKONING
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2006, 07:11:46 AM »

Stepped into the other room for some breakfast - where'd everybody go?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »

Well, I'm here on page 2, but dancing alone is too weird.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2006, 07:28:37 AM »

I am still tired.

Dear BK, when are where exactly are the festivities, particularly Monday?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2006, 07:35:18 AM »

Going to head down now and get started on some of those chores in preparation for my friends' visit. Must also do laundry today. A very domestic Sunday for me!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2006, 07:53:39 AM »

Good morning to all.  And good vibes to DR BK for his show. ~~~~~~~~~

I don't think i will be able to stay here for more than a few minutes.  My neck is very sore. But the good news is my head is in good shape.  I am a bit confused by my neck. The pills don't seem to be working like they did on thursday. I feel okay, but only if i lie down on my back.

I did find the neck brace though. But i don't find it too comfortable.

I slept a lot. For a few hours during the day. And then i fell asleep at 8:45pm and woke up at 2:45am. I got up for a few minutes then went back to sleep till 8am.

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2006, 07:54:06 AM »

DRs S Woody and Der Brucer, I hope you both feel better. ~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2006, 07:55:17 AM »

Hey tonight PBS is showing the Drama Desk awards. Well I think they are showing them in NYC (or some station is), and then a bunch of PBS stations will be airing the show sometime in the near future.  I would love to see this show.  So hopefully my PBS will be showing it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2006, 08:21:42 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I got up at six, then went back to bed and got another ninety minutes.

Festivities are at LACC, which is on Vermont Ave. between Melrose and Santa Monica Blvd.  Lighted on-campus parking at Snyder Field - just tell them you're there for the theater arts department show.  Snyder Field parking is just south of Santa Monica Blvd - it's the first place you can turn into the campus, which is on the west side of the street.  Once you walk onto the campus from Snyder Field, the theater will be basically in front of you slightly to your left - you'll see it from the rear, but it has that look.  It's about a minute from the lot to the front of the theater.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2006, 08:36:19 AM »

What time tonight? I think I have 7 pm written down...
PennyO

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2006, 08:50:53 AM »

VIBES TO BK...
RECOVERY VIBES TO SWoody and Der Brucer....I had a cat accidentally slash open my chin once. It took 10 stitches...I feel for you.
VIBES TO ANYONE ELSE WHO NEEDS THEM

Cillaliz

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2006, 08:53:13 AM »

It's a cloudy rainy day here. I'm thinking about seeing the DaVinci Code today.  It's showing every hour on the hour from 11:00am to 10:00pm here and that's just one theatre, there are about as many showings at the other 12 plex here. That's a lot of showings for one movie in a town this size.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2006, 08:54:35 AM »

The wedding was so beautiful and emotional and completely wonderful. The weather turned unseasonably gorgeous and sunny, after the fog had rolled predictably in around 5 pm. The guests began to arrive and take their seats on the beach, and the clouds parted and the entire coastline was bathed in late-afternoon splendor. Both sides of my mother's family were represented, my dad's nieces and a grand-niece came, the NA group who saved my nephew-the-groom's life a couple of years ago were all there at the No-Alcohol table, sane and sober.

Our childhood chum, daughter of my dad's oldest and dearest friend (may-he-rest-in-peace), the Federal Judge officiated. She had spoken at her own parents' funerals with nary a tear nor a quiver in her voice - but as she began the ceremony yesterday, she all but broke down, then apologized to the assembled and led the kids through the ritual.

Chuck and I sang All I Ask of You - and his voice thrilled me as ever, as it did the first time I heard him back in 1978... one of the great baritone voices in the royal line of Tibbett, Warren, Merrill - I kept my eyes glued to the sheet music, concentrating on the shapes of the note heads, the ink, the fibers of the paper, anything to keep my voice steady and my breath going in and out. I was so moved by this hopeful and confident intention of familial immortality.

I haven't seen my sister Tami so radiant and glowing and beautiful in so many years. And the wheel of Time rolls along, and the Old Ones die, and we are the Elders now, approaching twilight, and the next generation walks into a sunrise. How magical it all was. And gone in a breath. And where has the decade gone?
PennyO

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2006, 08:56:09 AM »

Healing vibes to SWW and der Brucer
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2006, 09:02:19 AM »

I am glad to hear that the wedding went well PennyO!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2006, 09:04:10 AM »

DR PennyO - your wedding story gave me chills and a lump in my throat.  I'm so glad the weather cooperated.

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2006, 09:05:43 AM »

DR PennyO, I echo Ginny's sentiments, what a lovely post. Thank you for sharing and I'm glad it was such a wonderful day

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »

"You can sit at home and stay mad at the world or else you can go out and do something" WORKING reference.

Well, time to get off my duff and get out and do something....

Laters

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2006, 09:10:41 AM »

DR Cillaliz - check out the website for my book group for reading suggestions:

Joy Luck Club Book Discussion Group

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2006, 09:13:59 AM »

Show time is 7:30 sharp.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2006, 09:26:25 AM »

Woods and Brucer - wow, smack down with a big puppy! Sorry for your injuries... he just didn't know his own strength. Too big for such a tiny brain.

Off I fly into my day. I'll be checking in at some point before I go off to the theatah this evening. Maybe try to assemble a few folk to accompany me. I know they will enjoy it, in whatever shape it assumes -- I heard the cold reading of the second act a few weeks ago, with only BK at the piano singing the songs - and thoroughly enjoyed it. If anyone plays the piano, some folk sing the songs, any nitwits read the dialogue it will be an enjoyable evening, because it is a cute and funny story, and the lyrics delight and surprise, the tunes are easy on the ear - I don't expect all the green sequins and Flying by Foy. Just someone, please read me a story! A good story! Oh, what fun I shall have!
PennyO

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2006, 09:43:28 AM »

Dear Friend BK, break a leg tonight!  I know it will be received well tonght, even though I know your perfectionist side will be discontent with it.  DR PenyO, cheer loudly and throw confetti!

Two down for Mario.  One more to pick up today.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2006, 09:59:49 AM »

break a leg tonight bk!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2006, 10:11:43 AM »

Prayers are being invoked for Rosemary's Baby.  BK, sorry my schedule and your hectic week left only time for one meal (though much dish and many laughs was crammed into it).  Once you're through the ringer you should book you a flight for Kaintuck for a little R & R.

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2006, 10:24:10 AM »

Prayers are being invoked for Rosemary's Baby.  BK, sorry my schedule and your hectic week left only time for one meal (though much dish and many laughs was crammed into it).  Once you're through the ringer you should book you a flight for Kaintuck for a little R & R.

Maybe we could meet in northern KY for some Graeter's ice cream!

I'm off to do a little shopping - bye for now.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2006, 10:42:11 AM »

I've heard from our E&T DRJoseS. He's busy but sounds happy and well.  The good news is that he's helped our E&T DR Jason find a new jobAnd I managed to help Jason get out of MTI!!!!!  

DR Jose wites:
"He'll be working as a photo editor at James' office - He starts next Monday.  Great money, full benefits, and flexible scheduling!"
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2006, 10:51:19 AM »

Hey, Matt, thanks for the offer. It's not the quality of the CD it's the completeness. I can't find the double CD anymore. When I came across the Highlights CD, which is just one instead of two, I picked it up so I would have it. Then I managed to find the double cassette version when Footlights was closing the store so I picked that up also. It's got everything that the two-CD pack had. That's why I'm making the transfer/burn. I've already got the four sides on my hard drive. It's just a matter of burning now. Since I've gone this far I'll finish my little project.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 10:53:14 AM by Ben »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2006, 10:52:20 AM »

That is great news and I wish him well...

Ben

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2006, 10:52:23 AM »

Glad to hear Jason and Jose are doing well. Now they just need to get their collective butt cheeks back in the room  ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2006, 10:59:05 AM »

From Cillaliz:
Anyone read a good book lately?  I recently read Kite Runner and Peace Like a River and loved them both. I'm looking for something to read and am planning a trek to B & N this weekend, so suggestions are welcome

I’m very pleased you enjoyed by selections.  I highly recommend THE BRIDGE by Doug Marlette.

Recently my book group read and enjoyed SNOW FLOWER AND THE SECRECT FAN by Lisa See.  Have you read PAINTED HOUSE by John Grisham?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2006, 11:03:22 AM »

I shall shortly be on my way to LACC.  I will have a full report upon my returning for which I know you'll be yearning.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up