Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SHOW MUST GO ON  (Read 17739 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE SHOW MUST GO ON
« on: May 22, 2006, 12:14:51 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes went on (and on, and on), and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently going on, too.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 12:25:54 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE SHOW MUST GO ON
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 12:15:10 AM »

And the word of the day is: TRANSLUCENT!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 12:46:58 AM »

Tran S Lucent is a very successful female impersonater in Vietnam.  His paternal grandfather was a French diplomat and his family run a thriving restaurant/nightclub ON the Mekong.  Tran is known affectionately as the Delta Queen.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 04:15:03 AM »

A diet filled with lots of trans-lucent acids clearly isn't as smart as some people think.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 04:15:32 AM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Danise

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 04:20:39 AM »

Good morning all!

DR S. Woody White,  I can imagine that you and DerB are in quite a lot of pain this morning.  

I can't help but feel somewhat sorry for the dog as well.  Maybe he just didn't know how to greet someone the right way.

My thoughts and prayers are with our Dear TCB today.  I wasn't going to take the laptop with me today but then thought I couldn't wait to get home to find out if there is any news about how he is doing.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 04:22:28 AM »

I'm so glad that the Vixter did so well last night, DR Vixmom.   It sounds like she had a blast and was the star of the show!

I'm also glad that things didn't go quite so badly for our Dear BK.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 04:24:32 AM »

I parked at the church so phase one is complete.  Now I just have to remember to get off the bus there tonight.   That would be a real kicker if I happen to forget.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 04:27:06 AM »

DR Jennifer, I hope that your neck is much better and that your headaches go away.  With all of the assorted problems that I've had, migranes aren't one of them for which I shall be forever grateful.  

I know so people who get them at work and I feel so sorry for them when they get them.  A sinus headache is bad enough when it hits behind your eyes and cracks in your nose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vibes to feel much better!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 04:30:41 AM »

Cheesy sci fi and horror films.  Well, I know it wasn't a film (well I guess it was) but Dark Shadows (much as I love it) has to top the list.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 04:32:12 AM »

I can't believe I didn't say that I hope you and DR DerB get better soon, DR S. Woody White!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 04:35:14 AM »

Good morning DR Elmore!  I hope you had a good nights sleep and that your Father is doing much better today!

Well, we're almost to my stop.  Catching the bus at the church cut down on my ride time sooo

Have a wonderful day everyone and I will check back on my lunch!

:)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 04:39:39 AM »

Good morning all!
Good morning, Danise!

DR S. Woody White,  I can imagine that you and DerB are in quite a lot of pain this morning.  

I can't help but feel somewhat sorry for the dog as well.  Maybe he just didn't know how to greet someone the right way.
The only part, for me, that is physically painfull is the tetanus shot, right in the upper arm, which will probably be hurting for a couple more days.  There's a bit of emotional pain, but I have to put that aside.  And der B says he's feeling fine.

We're both feeling sad for Blackie, too.  The dog has been abused and ignored, and now he'll be all but unplaceable.  That's not good.  

While at the hospital, the clerk who came in to quiz me on information told us that, by law, we had to report the incident to the SPCA.  Well, the Delaware SPCA is the enemy, loves to put down dogs and any other animals at the drop of a cyanide pill.  Der Brucer, who was with me in the room at the time, realized what was going on, and began to protest.  The clerk, taking offense, told der B "I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to him," nodding in my direction.  Then der B realized the second half of the situation, and said that any information the clerk needed, I could answer as truthfully as I could.  

The joke on the system was, I didn't have the information the SPCA needed.  I didn't know where the kennel where I was hit is located, just that it was somewhere in Pennsylvania.  I didn't know the full names of the people caring for Blackie, or the name of their organization.  And I didn't know how to contact them.  So I had little, if any, information to give the SPCA.  As they say, ignorance is bliss.

My thoughts and prayers are with our Dear TCB today.  I wasn't going to take the laptop with me today but then thought I couldn't wait to get home to find out if there is any news about how he is doing.
Ditto.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 04:44:52 AM »

I can't believe I didn't say that I hope you and DR DerB get better soon, DR S. Woody White!
I took that as implied.  And thank-you.

As for Dark Shadows, a couple of films were made during the run of the series.  And they were appropriately cheesy, of course.  (They wrote around the actors who were in the films by featuring the actors that weren't filming the movies in the series.  Quentin wasn't in the first film, so he was a daily featured character during that filming period.  "Quentin's Theme" was played a lot, and became a hit single, because of this, I recall.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 04:45:32 AM »

Good morning, DR Danise and all of you lovely folk!  Did our DR TCB mention how long he will be in hospital?  I have my fingers crossed today for a sppedy recovery.

Yesterday, my former intern Dylan moved in for the summer, and he's already gainfully employed by my former employer Barnes & Noble.  We watched the painful-to-endure I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE last night, and I suspect - since Dylan is studying filmmaking - the DVD player will be quite busy all summer.

DR Ben, I will not be going to Toyland today.  I need to refill a perscription this morning, run a couple of errands, and finish this last Mario chart.

TOD:
    THE QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE
    THE UNDEAD (with Miss Allison Hayes)
    ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN (again!)
    THE MAGIC SWORD

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 04:49:53 AM »

Good morning, Danise!The only part, for me, that is physically painfull is the tetanus shot, right in the upper arm, which will probably be hurting for a couple more days.  There's a bit of emotional pain, but I have to put that aside.  And der B says he's feeling fine.

DR SWW, I sympathize totally with your situation, and I hope ther pain is less than you anticipate.  It sounds as though you and der B handled "the system" very well.  Congrats.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 04:51:32 AM »

Any mention of cheesy sci-fi television has to include Doctor Who.  Yes, it's again a television series, particularly in it's early years, but a couple of films were made based on the show.  I've seen a bit of one, and it was quite cheesy.  Mostly Cheddar, if I'm not mistaken, and a bit of Stilton as well.

The current series is not cheesy, of course.  Television makers have learned too much about production values, dang them all to heck.  

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 05:11:32 AM »

Sadly, not all dogs are adoptable. You have to do your best to save the ones you can. I hope your arm feels better soon.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 05:16:40 AM »

And you do a remarkable job rescuing dogs, I must say.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 05:28:26 AM »

Dear BK,
DR Sandra wants to know if this show is scary.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 05:28:53 AM »

Thus, my frenzy comes to a close.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 05:29:21 AM »

Glad to hear that the musical got such a fine reaction...with so little preparation and SOME lackadaisical performances!!  

Just imagine!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2006, 05:29:34 AM »

Monday VIBES for all......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2006, 05:32:01 AM »

TOD:

well which one ISN'T my favorite.

DR ELMORE has chosen a couple of mine.

If I must chose ONE ABOVE ALL....THIS ABOVE ALL OTHERS...THE PIECE OF RESISTANCE...THE MOST SUBLIME OF ALL BERSERK CINEMA.....

See next post!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 05:37:19 AM »

ATTACK
OF THE
FIFTY F00T

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 05:40:46 AM »

Starring Miss Allison Hayes as the TITular character.  With William Hudson and Yvette Vickers.

Written by Mark Hanna, photographed by Jack Marquette, directed by Nathan (Juran) Hertz.  With a rousing score by Ronald Stein (released on CD by MR BK).

Surreal more than anything....with a poignant stinger ending:

"She finally got Harry, all to herself!"

The poster by Reynold Brown is a classic and probably as much as anything responsible for the film making $400,000 on its initial release May-September, 1958.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 05:46:10 AM »

BBL

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 05:50:04 AM »

TOD:

well which one ISN'T my favorite.

DR ELMORE has chosen a couple of mine.

DR JRand55, great minds!  I also forgot the late great Joan Crawford at her alltime cheesiest in BERSERK, STRAIGHT JACKET and TROG!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 06:03:56 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~ ~ ~ ~ ~  PRACTICALLY PERFECT SURGERY VIBES FOR DR TCB  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~[/move]
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2006, 06:49:45 AM »

TCB, you will be in our thoughts and prayers today!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2006, 07:23:37 AM »

TOD...

Has anyone here ever heard of a rarely discussed, obscure film by
the name of "Attack of the Puppet People"?

;D

« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 07:25:30 AM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up