Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OFF  (Read 17616 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE DAY OFF
« on: May 24, 2006, 12:08:17 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes did not have a day off (and haven't had a day off since November of 2001), and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they have the day off - in fact, they have every day off.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 12:09:42 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE DAY OFF
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 12:09:06 AM »

And the word of the day is: SURREPTITIOUS!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 02:03:29 AM »

Well, I'm back from the Seattle Storm women's basketball game that I went to with my niece, last night (actually got home about 11:30, but I watched Oprah's episode with Anderson Cooper).  Sadly, the Storm lost...big time:  85-59.  My niece (who loves the Storm, no matter what) was very disappointed, but we stayed until the bitter end.  Not everyone did.  Oh well, there's always another game. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 02:06:17 AM »

Congrats to the Vixter on her award and Congrats to DakotaCelt on her grades!!  And Congrats again to TPunk and her graduation!!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 02:06:57 AM »

And on that note (B-natural), I'm off to bed. :D

Michael

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 04:19:01 AM »

ASK BK:

You executive produced the cd release of STAGE's Sondheim Celebration tribute. Did you have any say on the content? (I noticed yesterday that there were about five songs or so that were performed in the show and not on the cd)
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 04:21:24 AM »

Good morning everyone!  

I can’t congratulate T-Punk enough for her achievement.  I never made it to collage or any other higher education form of school—something I wish I could have done.

I’m very sorry for DR Jose.  It seems like any musical about vampires is doomed to fail badly.  But I’m very sure that this was very good experience for him and now that some Broadway people have heard his work, he will be picked up by another show very soon.

I guess I’d better not be looking for a Dark Shadows—the Musical to come to a theater near me (or anyplace else for that matter) soon.

Go Vixter!  You have a very special daughter there Vixmon.  It nice to read about a young person doing so well especially when you hear about so many problems with others in the news.

I hope you know I was joking with you yesterday when I asked about her using the calculator, etc.  Please email me the web site.  I thought I typed that but when I went back and looked I had not.

BK.  Teacher.  Did you ever think you would see the day that is what you would do?  

I hope that DP Colin had a wonderful Birthday.   I don’t even know if I will make it the NY this year but I’m hoping.  I want to go three places.  NYC twice (to meet DR TomovOZ and DP Colin), the back to NYC for the “Girls Night Out With The Guys” and then I want to come West to meet as many of you as I can when you have the gathering there.  

I really do need to win that lotto between now and then.  If money is a curse, hit me with it!

I got Bonnie back last night and she looks brand new again.  I still don’t know why that crack happened.  I’m very careful when I close the hatch.  Just one of the freak accidents I guess.  I sure hope it won’t happen again!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 04:22:15 AM »

Good morning, Michael S!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 04:31:49 AM »

Oh, I wantd to ask--was there sound with that "movie" or was it just the picture?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 04:42:51 AM »

Gotta run--Have a wonderful day everyone!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 05:11:22 AM »

Congrats to DR DAKOTA CELT on her A's!!!

Congrats to the VIXTER on her scholarship!!

Congrats on her graduation to DR TPUNK!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 05:16:16 AM »

I watched all of a couple of the movies, and some of many of them, just to check them out.

Some are faded beyond watching.....WOMEN OF DEVIL'S ISLAND starring Mr Guy Madison being one of them.

However as DR MBARNUM predicted, my first film of the evening was THE DEVIL HAS SEVEN FACES starring Miss Carroll Baker and Mr Stephen Boyd.  Well well well.....it was confusing as some of those early 1970's Eye-talian "thrillers" can be.  And it was in full frame but NOT pan and scan. The camera was just placed in the middle of the screen and we saw lots of noses and arms at the edges....

ALSO there is a new rule - IF your major character has a twin sister, and the only way you can tell them apart is the length of their hair....the long-sister should never disguise herself by wearing a short wig....and vice versa.  Certainly NOTHING in the Method-type performance of the 40 year old Miss B was helpful in letting us know which sister we were watching.  If HAIR is important, the hairdresser should have a copy of the script, too.

OF COURSE it turned out that one of the sisters was dead and Carroll was just pretending to me BOTH Mary and Julie.....but STILL.......  I am still NOT sure which role was an impersonation....  But she did look beautiful, even in the BLUE Pippi Longstocking wig and hotpants.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 05:16:38 AM »

I think I heard sound on the clip DR DANISE.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 05:18:09 AM »

Working today.  Maybe I can post as time goes by.

And by then I will think of a question.

OH...I also watched a Monster Truck movie about a BIG MONSTER TRUCK named Twister whose electronic brain was stolen by thugs and who eventually turned on everyone and started killing people.  It was produced by MTP Productions, and one credit read:  Director of Photograpy. :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 05:26:44 AM »

The surreptitious rioters suit up.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 05:37:36 AM »

Oh, I wantd to ask--was there sound with that "movie" or was it just the picture?

DR Danise, I heard sound.  Now I want to hear you sing! (The dancing can come later :) )
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 05:58:13 AM »

Congrats to the Vixter, to DRs TPunk and DakotaCelt!

And I am so sorry to hear about LESTAT. :(

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 06:17:58 AM »

While I, too, am sorry about the Lestat news, at least our DR Jose has his day job to fall back on.

By which I mean tour guide, of course!   :D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 06:23:54 AM »

Danise your mailbox is full!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 06:26:25 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I'm enjoying my last morning off, because today is my last regularly-scheduled noon-9pm workday  ;D
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 07:15:57 AM »

Enjoy your "last" week morning off!!!!  But just think ALLl of your evenings free from now until forever!!!! HOO and RAY!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 07:23:13 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I'm enjoying my last morning off, because today is my last regularly-scheduled noon-9pm workday  ;D

Have a nice morning off Ginny...

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 07:37:57 AM »

Thanks, DRs Vixmom and DakotaCelt - it has been nice having two mornings off a week, but I am looking forward to being in a more consistent routine and having my Tuesday and Wednesday evenings back.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 07:44:20 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful day here, but it's getting warmer each day. Low 80s today after a simply marvelous 77 yesterday. How I wish it could stay that temperature all the time!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 07:46:24 AM »

Hello, folks!

A beautiful day here in Santa Cruz, CA. I took my two big coffee mugs down to the motel office - yes, I travel with BIG coffee mugs... - and wiped out their seven-to seven-fifteen Mr. Coffee carafe.
Now, here I sit, getting a buzz on, before waking my sleeping nephew next door. HE got the room with the fridge and microwave - how'd THAT happen??? After which, we'll motor over to the University for his 9:30 ayem meeting with the prof who admitted him to the doctoral program. Probably some 28-year-old wunderkind physicist.

So, that's the scoop this lovely day. More tonight from - oh, probably Medford or even Eugene. I vote for Eugene - means a shorter day tomorrow. Have a good one, kidz!
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 07:46:53 AM »

BRUCE! Who is reading MY PART tomorrow night???
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 07:47:00 AM »

I have no intention of watching the two hour IDOL finale show tonight. I'll record it and after I read the results on the internet, I'll decide if I want to even watch the finale. Last year, I was in rehearsals for LA CAGE so watching "live" wasn't an option. By the time I got home, I saw that Carrie Underwood had won, and since I was a Bo Bice supporter, I never even watched that finale show at all.

In fact, apart from Kelly CLarkson, I've never had my favorite singer win the IDOL crown. It's been very disspiriting.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 07:49:08 AM »

It's a beeyootiffle day here in Philly, too.  I want to make sure I get outside for lunch.  Maybe a walk to either Barnes and Nobel or Fat Jack's Comics or Tower Records.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 07:49:31 AM »

One thing I WILL be watching is the two hour LOST finale episode. Can't wait for that!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 08:07:48 AM »

A very late good morning to all!  My allergies and the chilly weather are grinding my system to a stop amd last night was rather sleepless; I think the Tylenol PM kicked in around 3 am or so and I slept until 10:30 this morning.  Luckily, I have some Toyland work here at the apartment to keep me from dragging this tired body downtown.  

DR Ben, I forgot that I had a book at the office to give you!  Next trip, p'raps?

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up