Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OFF  (Read 17743 times)

Jennifer

Re:THE DAY OFF
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2006, 10:00:13 AM »

For those fans of MEDIUM (no spoilers), the little girl who plays Bridget (middle daughter) was on The View yesterday.

I'm not sure how old she is (i guess between 7 and 10), but she is so completely cute. They do not usually have little kids on the show on their own (no co stars or anything).

She was just darling. And very funny. She rode on stage on a scooter and proclaimed that she did not like to wear pink.  She also said that when she has to cry she practices with her mom, and thinks of her mom dying.  The ladies said "oh my gosh couldn't you think of your dog dying instead" (meaning they thought it was too much for a kid to think of their mom dying). The little girl proclaimed, "but i don't have a dog!".

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2006, 10:09:46 AM »

Re: last night's AMERICAN IDOL.

I had a strong feeling that Simon would proclaim one of them the winner. But I didn't think it would bug me as much as it did.

But now i'm not sure what he was trying to do.

He said that taylor won round one (song one) and Katharine won song two (over the rainbow). But after hearing the last songs, he said that "if this was a tie before, then taylor, you are the new American Idol".

Now since Simon has proclaimed that he thought taylor would win (in the media), I was figuring that he wanted to assure that Taylor won.  But could it have been reverse psychology to get more votes for Katharine?

I'm curious how people who heard that comment voted.

As you remember, Simon predicted Carrie would win last year in the second or third round.  It did not have any impact on the way folks voted unless it helped her get through the competition...and my guess is that it did since she was pretty lackluster all the way through, IMO.

He started calling "rounds" in last year's final....and IIRC, he gave round 1 to Bo, round 2 to Carrie and then gave Carrie a slight edge in round 3 for her intepretation of the song they both sang.  I thought he was crazy, of course.  Bo was much better in all three rounds than was Carrie...but....

DialIdol.com and Zabasearch both predict Taylor as the winner by a comfortable margin.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 10:14:31 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2006, 10:13:50 AM »

Got a very sweet e-mail from Amarallys, Miss Monique Vermont - I don't know if she's read all of the Kritzer books I sent her, but she certainly read her part in the third book and seemed very tickled by it.

Danise

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2006, 10:32:01 AM »

Hi all!

It's been an exciting morning.  We had a bomb threat.  Just another day in the life of a county employee.

Vixmom--I will empty my box tonight when I get on the bus.  

I don't know if the internet is ready to hear me sing.  And I KNOW no one will want to see do what I call dancing.  LOL!

BK, you are teacher if only for those 2 hours or so.  You are giving those kids the benefit of your experence.  They are lucky to have you.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2006, 10:42:36 AM »

Thanks, Danise.  Did my Xeroxing so all is in readiment for tomorrow night.  It's very pretty out, so may get my jog out of the way right now.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2006, 10:44:04 AM »

We did take some "after" photos when we got home last night.  Here is one of me and my mother.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 10:44:34 AM by TPunk »

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2006, 10:45:24 AM »

Here is Rodzinski and me after he had changed out of his suit.

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2006, 10:45:43 AM »

Great photo, DR TPunk.  You both look so happy and Mom looks very proud!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 10:46:26 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2006, 10:47:23 AM »

DR Rodzinski looks happy and proud, too!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2006, 10:48:08 AM »

We did take some "after" photos when we got home last night.  Here is one of me and my mother.

Your mom looks exceedingly huggable!! (and very proud of her daughter!!)

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2006, 10:55:31 AM »

Is that your graduation dress TPUnk? It is very cute!

I can't picture Rodzinski in a suite...oh, wait he does wear a suite in one of his movies.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2006, 10:58:55 AM »

BK Question:

You had mentioned that you bought the DVD set of BIG VALLEY...and IIRC you had never seen the show (how you could be alive in the 60s/70s and not see BIG VALLEY is beyond me...but I digress)...so now that you have watched a couple of episodes what did you think of the show?

Also, you talked about watching RING OF FEAR yesterday...it also stars one of my interviewees, Mr. John Bromfield...what did you think of his performance (I have not yet seen this movie so I don't even know who he plays).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2006, 11:09:09 AM »

Is that your graduation dress TPUnk? It is very cute!

I can't picture Rodzinski in a suite...oh, wait he does wear a suite in one of his movies.

Tom was in a movie(s)?

Titles please!!!!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

FJL

« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2006, 11:09:23 AM »

Ask BK or any-DR question:  I'm spending a night in D.C. in a few weeks and found a relatively cheap room at the Watergate Hotel, which is reportedly a luxury hotel.  Does a $149 rate at the Watergate mean it's a really rotten room at a really nice hotel, or have I just lucked out?  

(The nearby George Washington Inn, which is normally much cheaper than the Watergate, has a cheapest-room price of $199 for that night, so go figure!)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2006, 11:13:12 AM »

Last night, vixmom wrote:
The bottom of a mallormar is abouthe size of a Chip Ahou, put a marshmallow on top and drop the whole thing in chocolate.

What's a "Chip Ahou"?

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2006, 11:25:06 AM »

Ask BK or any-DR question:  I'm spending a night in D.C. in a few weeks and found a relatively cheap room at the Watergate Hotel, which is reportedly a luxury hotel.  Does a $149 rate at the Watergate mean it's a really rotten room at a really nice hotel, or have I just lucked out?  

It means they haven't found all the microphones yet

vixmom

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2006, 11:25:50 AM »

Last night, vixmom wrote:What's a "Chip Ahou"?
Its a Chips Ahoy whats lost its tail
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 11:31:33 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2006, 11:33:05 AM »

Tom was in a movie(s)?

Titles please!!!!!!

He was in a couple....I believe JRand has mentioned he owns copies  of a few of them

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2006, 11:33:54 AM »

One thing I WILL be watching is the two hour LOST finale episode. Can't wait for that!

Absolutely!!  I totally agree! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2006, 11:38:41 AM »

Now....I simply cannot bid on anything else for several months.

Congrats on the eBay wins, Ron!!  Don't you love it when that happens? ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2006, 11:40:51 AM »

BK Question:

You had mentioned that you bought the DVD set of BIG VALLEY...and IIRC you had never seen the show (how you could be alive in the 60s/70s and not see BIG VALLEY is beyond me...but I digress)...so now that you have watched a couple of episodes what did you think of the show?

Also, you talked about watching RING OF FEAR yesterday...it also stars one of my interviewees, Mr. John Bromfield...what did you think of his performance (I have not yet seen this movie so I don't even know who he plays).

I began watching the first episode, but had to take it out and proof the Deceit video - and have yet to put it back in the player.

Bromfield plays an trapeze artist and he's, as always, very good.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2006, 11:41:12 AM »

Last night, vixmom wrote:What's a "Chip Ahou"?

Sounds like the name of a weatherman at a Hawaiian TV station.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2006, 11:42:04 AM »

Back from the jog.  I guess doing two yesterday took its toll - today's jog was really difficult but I kept going and did the full distance.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2006, 11:46:54 AM »

Congrats on getting most of your ebay finds, RP!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2006, 11:50:43 AM »

I am intrigued by the very strange looking lamp that is immediately to the left of DR TPunk in the picture of her and her lovely mom.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2006, 11:54:41 AM »

I am intrigued by the very strange looking lamp that is immediately to the left of DR TPunk in the picture of her and her lovely mom.

It's not a lamp. It's Zagtrog, the friendly alien who lives with them.
(Zagtrog the Friendly Alien is the title of my new reality show.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 11:55:49 AM by Maria »

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2006, 12:04:23 PM »

Dog owners... Advice needed. The Wonderdog - who is just fine otherwise - has lost his appetite. I've tried adding things to his food and it interests him for a few meals, then he stops eating again. He hasn't totally stopped, of course. But here's a dog who ALWAYS eats every morsel of food on his plate - who is suddenly barely interested.
It doesn't help that today at breakfast his food dishes collapsed and scared him to death. He has two bowls - water and food - on a raised stand. I guess his collar got caught in the stand this morning (I didn't see what happened) and the whole thing collapsed with a HUGE clang. Abie ran to the other side of the house faster than you could say Wusburger. Now he only approaches from the side to take a quick drink and run!

MBarnum

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2006, 12:24:33 PM »

Tom was in a movie(s)?

Titles please!!!!!!

My goodness Ron Pulliam, you must have spent a lot of time in Tarnation! We have discussed Rodzinski's movies on this here sight many, many, many times!

He starred in RAGE OF THE WEREWOLF (opposite Mr. Joe Zaso)(1999) and BEYOND THE LOST WORLD (2001) and GREY SKIES (2002). He had smaller roles in BLOOD OF THE WEREWOLF (2001) and ADDICTED TO MURDER 2, among others.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2006, 12:26:18 PM »

MBarnum

« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2006, 12:26:18 PM »

Maybe he has a toothache Maria!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up