Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OFF  (Read 17615 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE DAY OFF
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2006, 08:14:27 AM »

I am so thrilled for my friend Josh Grisetti!  He's got a leading part in the new ABC sitcom "Let's Rob . . ." on Thursdays at 9:00 pm (?).  He's a great person, and very talented.  He was Noah Racey's standby for WHERE'S CHARLEY?  Wasn't he in AFTER THE BALL as well?  I wish him a huge career.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2006, 08:15:51 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~TRAVEL VIBES FOR PENNYO~~~~~~~~~~[/move][/color]
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2006, 08:16:45 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR ELMORE~~~~~~~~~~[/move][/color]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 08:20:52 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2006, 08:19:53 AM »

[move=LEFT,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~PAINLESS AND RAPID RECOVERY VIBES FOR TCB~~~~~~~~~~[/move][/color]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 08:21:14 AM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2006, 08:20:21 AM »

I am so thrilled for my friend Josh Grisetti!  He's got a leading part in the new ABC sitcom "Let's Rob . . ." on Thursdays at 9:00 pm (?).  He's a great person, and very talented.  He was Noah Racey's standby for WHERE'S CHARLEY?  Wasn't he in AFTER THE BALL as well?  I wish him a huge career.

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2006, 08:24:47 AM »

I was remiss in failing to wish Tomovoz's Colin a happy birthday!
So now I do wish it!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2006, 08:25:43 AM »

TPunk looked great at her graduation, but as she said, we foolishly forgot the digital camera. So you'll have to take my word for it for now.

vixmom

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2006, 08:26:46 AM »

TPunk looked great at her graduation, but as she said, we foolishly forgot the digital camera. So you'll have to take my word for it for now.

You'll have to draw us a picture!! :D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 08:38:40 AM by vixmom »

Ben

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2006, 08:38:50 AM »

Larry, another book! You, sir, are took kind.

Next trip. Unless of course, I get sidelined by your talking desk attendant in the lobby!

vixmom

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2006, 08:39:05 AM »

hmmm.. pictures aren't linking again.....

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006, 08:40:09 AM »

I thought about DR JRand when I saw that the third season of THE DORIS DAY SHOW comes out on DVD next week.

Also out, the second volume of THE BETTE DAVIS COLLECTION which will contain three films never before on DVD: MARKED WOMAN, THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER (hooray!), and OLD ACQUAINTANCE. There are also remasters on JEZEBEL and WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE (a new two disc set for this one).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006, 08:40:50 AM »

Now, I must head down to start lunch preparation.

WBBL.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2006, 08:43:42 AM »

Today is my day off, kind of (I have to work tonight).  So I shall lounge about in my smoling jacket (does anyone still wear a smoling jacket) and watch various and sundried DVDs.

My Ask BK/DR question:  can one of you technophiles enlighten me about how to upload a video clip to my website?  I want to upload some rare Frances Farmer clips to the Frances section of my website.  I just got the hang of burning entire DVDs, but I don't know how to edit.  I assume maybe I need a special software and I would then upload an AVI or MPEG file.  But I'm just guessing.  Any help would be appreciated.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2006, 08:48:25 AM »

First of all, I am mostly pleased with the outcome of my eBay bids yesterday.

There was one item -- an original window card for London's Odeon Leicester Square theater's presentation of "Lawrence of Arabia" from 1962, in beautiful condition, and very much predating most of everything available re: the film's advertising -- that I did NOT win.

I bid a pretty on it.  Later in the day, I upped my bid to a pretty and a half just to cushion my bid.  Unfortunately, it sold for a pretty and three-quarters.  I'd have gone that high or more had it not been for a few other nice things I also wanted.

I got some Disney window cards in gorgeous color and condition for "Swiss Family Robinson" and "Mary Poppins."  I also got pressbooks for "Third Man on the Mountain" and "Those Calloways," each with beautiful full-color covers.

And then there was an original pressbook for "To Kill A Mockingbird."  Not in color.  But something I'll cherish.

What surprised me was that I won 6 color stills (11 X 14) from "Becket"...several of which I think look exquisite.

But the huge prize for me -- one that kept me from bidding two pretties on the "Lawrence of Arabia" poster -- was a full set of gorgeous color 11 X !4 stills from "Camelot"....totally stunning.

Sample photo from the set below:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 09:03:34 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2006, 08:52:10 AM »

Here's the full-set presentation (in miniature, natch):
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2006, 08:52:33 AM »

First of all, I am mostly pleased with the outcome of my eBay bids yesterday.

There was one item -- an original window card for London's Odeon Leicester Square theater's presentation of "Lawrence of Arabia" from 1962, in beautiful condition, and very much predating most of everything available re: the film's advertising -- that I did NOT win.

I bid a pretty on it.  Later in the day, I bid a pretty and a half just to cushion my bid.  Unfortunately, it sold for a pretty and three-quarters.  I'd have gone that high had it not been for a few other nice things I also wanted.

I got some Disney window cards in gorgeous color and condition for "Swiss Family Robinson" and "Mary Poppins."  I got a pressbook for "Third Man on the Mountain" with a beautiful full-color cover.

One of my big prizes is an original pressbook for "To Kill A Mockingbird."

What surprised me was that I won 7 Spanish lobby card photos (11 X 14) from "Becket"...several of which I think look exquisite.

But the huge prize for me -- one that kept me from bidding two pretties on the "Lawrence of Arabia" poster -- was a full set of gorgeous color 11 X !4 stills from "Camelot"....totally stunning.

Sample photo from the set below:

I bet Joshua Logan spent all day setting up that shot.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2006, 08:58:07 AM »

I bet Joshua Logan spent all day setting up that shot.  :)

He sure didn't spend much time making the best movie possible, that's for sure.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2006, 08:58:33 AM »

This are the "Becket" photos:

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2006, 08:59:26 AM »

Now....I simply cannot bid on anything else for several months.

JMK

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2006, 08:59:44 AM »

He sure didn't spend much time making the best movie possible, that's for sure.

My favorite moment is in the first meeting scene between Arthur and Guinevere in the forest, when the camera is dollying back and evidently hits a bump and the camera goes cock-eyed (so to speak) for a moment!  Why in hell didn't they retake that shot?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2006, 09:11:30 AM »

ASK BK:

You executive produced the cd release of STAGE's Sondheim Celebration tribute. Did you have any say on the content? (I noticed yesterday that there were about five songs or so that were performed in the show and not on the cd)

Actually, my credit is "producer" (I share it with one of the show's producers).  I did have say and David Galligan and I discussed everything together and were in complete agreement.  However, several of the songs that didn't make the CD (like Linda Purl's) were because they didn't do what we did when we used to record the shows - they didn't have two sets of tape machines so that when one set of tapes was coming to an end (the type of tapes they use only have thirty minutes available on them) we'd fire up the other machines and we'd overlap, thereby never losing any part of a performance.  So, when their tapes came to an end, they actually had to change them and depending on how fast they did so, they'd lose anywhere from thirty seconds to two minutes - they lost all of Linda.

An example of it is in Betty Garrett's number, where I pulled an incredible save - over half her number is gone, but luckily the main part of it was there (the sung part and a bit of talking) and when they finally got the tapes back up it was just about the very end of the number.  I did one of the most clever edits I've ever done, and when Galligan heard it he couldn't believe it.  So, number saved.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2006, 09:13:21 AM »

BK.  Teacher.  Did you ever think you would see the day that is what you would do?

No.  And I still don't think it's what I do, nor would I want to do it full time, I think.  But, I sure enjoy the two hours a week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2006, 09:15:39 AM »

BRUCE! Who is reading MY PART tomorrow night???

I'm going in a completely weird and different way tomorrow night.  I sort of had my friend Barbara in mind when writing it, and that's who read it at the first reading.  Tomorrow night it will be Susanne Blakeslee, with whom I worked in What If and who has been a Forbidden Broadway regular for years. I'll be interested to see how it works.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2006, 09:16:49 AM »

Vixmom, CONGRATULATIONS to the Vixter.  I bet you are proud!  I’m sure this will be a great experience for her.

Danise there was sound with the video.  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2006, 09:17:39 AM »

JMK: If you're going from an entire DVD you burned onto your hard drive, then you do need an editing program of some sort, like Final Cut.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2006, 09:20:41 AM »

DakotaCelt, Congratulations on your grades.

Possibly if I had never had a mallomar I would have enjoyed pinwheels more.

Jane

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

Ron, nice photos of your purchases-nice you were the top bidder.

vixmom

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2006, 09:39:44 AM »

Congrats to RLP on his wins!! Enjoy them in good health!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2006, 09:51:09 AM »

Josh was indeed in After the Ball - very nice chap.

Jennifer

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2006, 09:53:11 AM »

Re: last night's AMERICAN IDOL.

I had a strong feeling that Simon would proclaim one of them the winner. But I didn't think it would bug me as much as it did.

But now i'm not sure what he was trying to do.

He said that taylor won round one (song one) and Katharine won song two (over the rainbow). But after hearing the last songs, he said that "if this was a tie before, then taylor, you are the new American Idol".

Now since Simon has proclaimed that he thought taylor would win (in the media), I was figuring that he wanted to assure that Taylor won.  But could it have been reverse psychology to get more votes for Katharine?

I'm curious how people who heard that comment voted.

I will watch the first hour of the finale. And probably watch the end when i get home. I will tape LOST, since i want to focus on it very carefully.

I do find the final results shows (for AI) to be way too long.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up