Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: REDISCOVERING FRUIT  (Read 20240 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:REDISCOVERING FRUIT
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2006, 07:57:11 PM »

Well I have deserted Vixdad for the entire day so I shall now go off to spend some time with him.

Special Vibes for Elmore and his dad and TCB and his hip

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2006, 08:01:01 PM »

Not much to report from my end tonight.  But there may be dog news soon.  (Oh, yeah, like that's something different, right?)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2006, 08:01:43 PM »

Well I have deserted Vixdad for the entire day so I shall now go off to spend some time with him.
Too much information.

::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2006, 08:05:13 PM »

Thanks for the pics. Always wonderful to be able to put names with faces.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2006, 08:06:50 PM »

I watched the last 40 minutes of THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST which contain, as per the title, his last temptation. I just adore that final confrontation between Dafoe and Harvey Keitel (who played Judas). Very powerful.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2006, 08:06:53 PM »

Wonderful pics vixmom and thanks for sharing. You all appeared to be having a wonderfully delightful time
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2006, 08:07:49 PM »

Then, I put in CSI Season 2 and watched a couple of episodes. One involved an extreme athlete who died of drowning in the desert.

FJL

« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2006, 08:08:44 PM »

How wonderful to meet vixmom and vixter, and as always, it's great to see DR Jose.

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2006, 08:09:43 PM »

The other episode involved the death of the son of one of Vegas' bigshots, the man who (in later seasons) turns out to be the father of CAtherine Willows. Wonderful seeing these early years of the show. EVeryone looks so young, all the actors are featured in the case, and it's what made the show such a smash hit. It's a very rare episode now that features the entire cast.

FJL

« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2006, 08:10:16 PM »

Also wonderful to meet DR Jose's friend James.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2006, 08:11:47 PM »

Watched the COLD CASE rerun (which was new to me). COLD CASE is one of the shows which I regularly missed due to sports runovers during the NFL season. This case involved the murder of a dot.commer in 1998 when their site went belly up due, as it turned out, to insider trading.

FJL

« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2006, 08:13:06 PM »

Vixmom did indeed look at the passport photo of myself circa 1989, and SEEMED to be able to vouch for the uncanny resemblance to DR Ron Pulliam's avatar.  I'll find a way someday of getting that photo on here. but for now...  

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

Also watched the L&O:CI rerun. The troubled actor Brad Renfro was the primary guest star, and he did very well in the part. One wonders, though, if his halting speech patterns and the glazed expression in the eyes were acting or maybe due to some chemical enhancement of his performance.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2006, 08:15:14 PM »

Wonderful photos of the Vixmom and Vixter with Jose and FJL!!! Happy times in the Big Apple! Vixter is growing up so much!

It rained all day here - I actually put on boots and went out in it for two hours of gardening - er, weeding - anyway. Then some neighbors who only come up on holiday weekends during summer invited me to sup with them. How nice they are. They have a kid. And a dawg!

Speaking of dawgs - Woods! Brucer! Go for it! Are you really gonna get another dawg??? Sheesh, I need a dawg...

TCB - great happytude to see your posts. How are ya, boy?

Tenterhooks, I tell you, tenterhooks about Jose's job offers... ummm, what's a tenterhook?
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2006, 08:19:56 PM »

It is well after 11 p.m. and still 70 degrees. We've reached summer, I tell you!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2006, 08:30:49 PM »

I guess Mr. Bakalor must have done his photo purge.

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2006, 08:43:07 PM »

Heading for bed now.

Good night, all!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2006, 09:23:01 PM »

Watching Little House tonight again... Wonder what ever happened to some of the actors that were on the show...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2006, 09:24:37 PM »

Still dont understand why some go ga-ga over Dean Butler...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2006, 09:26:52 PM »

It is quiet tonight.... Everyone must be tuckered out from barbeques and other gatherings today...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2006, 09:28:06 PM »

Joyying down some ideas for a story that is rumbling around in my head... The character is demanding attention....

Working title is Sun Dance
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 09:28:50 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2006, 09:31:52 PM »

Dance of the Souls River
Reverent and flowing
Life's blood quivers
Souls dance a fiery showing

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2006, 09:34:19 PM »

bk, have you ever done any directing on episodic telly or musical variety shows on the telly?

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2006, 09:36:42 PM »

Matt has been on days again for two weeks but no listing.

Any insights?

So, he survived the cliff incident? How did they explain that?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2006, 09:37:13 PM »

Lovely photos of the get-together. Thanks for posting them.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2006, 09:41:01 PM »

So, he survived the cliff incident? How did they explain that?

MY THEORY... Reilly has no concept of explaining it... The present writer of the show is the same writer for Passions...

He crawled out the car window and watched the family at christmastime and in classic Reilly fashion it will never be explained.

Sad thing is at times he has good germs of ideas but they never germinated and they use one plot gimmick after another. Very poor writer in my book. I like well developed characters and strong character driven stories.

I am dreading what Reilly will do to Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans' characters of Steve and Kayla. It scares me.

BTW, debating if I want t kritzerland book or a Deceit DVD first... I am leanng to the DVD...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 09:48:37 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2006, 09:43:17 PM »

Laura, with days not listing Matt's name in the credits, it is not the first time but I find ti terribly unprofessional in regards to the actors when the day players are listed but not one on contract...

I feel an actor, director, writer should be acknowledged for their work and not slighted. There are a number of MA fans taht are disappointed in Days for their stunt. They did it in 2004 when he returned to the show. He was not listed for a month.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2006, 09:49:38 PM »

DP and I are heading to NYC for a few days in the early part of July... details to follow!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2006, 09:50:36 PM »

Have fun in NYC Matthew and DP!!!

Safe Journey vibes!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2006, 09:56:36 PM »

The only television I've directed has been on cable - Likely Stories on HBO or Showtime, can't remember which.  Plus an award-winning documentary for KABC, and a few other things.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up