Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: DAINTY JUNE  (Read 45119 times)

Ben

Re:DAINTY JUNE
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2006, 05:38:40 AM »

And here we are  ;D

Michael

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2006, 05:49:28 AM »

TOD:

Nothing off the top of my head. But I do collect the books and therefore the covers for the Michael Shayne detective series. The ones with the art covers and not the ones with the photographs which are mostly cheesecake with (in my opinion) no artistic value
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2006, 06:03:00 AM »

The MR BK-mentioned (and friend of DR CP):

Miss June Wilkinson, who is indeed busting out all over, in one of her more sedate poses.  :o
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2006, 06:04:34 AM »

Off to work at the lovely World of Wisdom, like chocolate bittersweet and full of nuts.

Hopefully I can post later.

THE SOUND OF MUSIC opens tonight to a sold out house...I sold 53 tickets in one hour last night!

I won't be there....but I will send them my BEST vibes!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2006, 07:01:24 AM »

June 10 was my Dad's birthday and also that of my best friend when I was a youngen.  My best friend always had fun birthday parties that I hated missing on the very odd years that my family had an actual celebration for my Dad.  And yet, on the years that I attended my friend's parties, I felt guilty about not being home with my Dad.  Such a heavy burden I carried.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2006, 07:09:02 AM »

Good Morning all.  Thank you all for the sore throat vibes and thankyou to RLP for  the salt water  remedy.

I feel guilty and stupid for complaining about my petty sore throat when Elmore's Dad, and his SIL's parents and Jane's friend are all dealing with much more serious issues ands TCB is busy mending after a hip replacement.

However since I have essentially lost my voice (not necessarily a bad thing in some people's opinons) I am actually attempting to see the Dr this afternoon to see what he can see.  he doesn't open his office  until noon so I've left a message on  his machine and will see when they can fit me in.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2006, 07:12:36 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~HEALTH VIBES FOR ELMORE'S DAD~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~COPE VIBES FOR ELMORE AND HIS FAMILY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
[/color]

vixmom

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2006, 07:14:08 AM »

[move=RIGHT,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~HEALTH VIBES FOR JANE'S DEAR FRIEND~~~~~~~~~[/move][/color]

vixmom

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2006, 07:15:08 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~RAPID AND PAIN-FREE RECOVERY VIBES FOR TCB~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move][/size]

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2006, 07:24:07 AM »

Good morning!

After the cool morning we had yesterday, I was hopeful our heat wave was nearing its end, but no such luck! It's going to be 87 today (already in the high 70s) though the five day forecast does promise cooling to the high 70s by Monday.

I know it's June, but PLEASE let this happen.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2006, 07:24:43 AM »

Good morning, dear friends! It's another cloudy, mebbe more rain kinda day up here. So I'll plant all those flowers I bought the other day. That'll be a nice rainy day activity.

There is a little brown mouse that lives in the house with me - I see him more frequently. I really should make a note to buy a live trap - I have been down to town a few times, and jes plumb fergot. I bet he'd like peanut butter...

June 6 is my mom's birthday. Likewise her father's birthday. I reckon the rest of the family will take flowers to the cemetary. I was moved to buy Yorzeit candles yesterday - that's a Jewish memorial candle one lights on the anniversary of a loved one's death. (Most of Yiddish is from Medieval German... so Yor: from German Jahr - "year" and Zeit: from German Zeit - "time" = Time of Year.) Jews are big on Remembrance... I know it was about 6 or 7 weeks premature, but I've been thinking about these first Yorzeits, and I saw them in Albertson's...
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2006, 07:26:01 AM »

I agree, DR Vixmom. Any petty ailments I might have pale in comparison to what other folks are dealing with now. I have nothing whatsoever to complain about.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2006, 07:27:44 AM »

I'm looking forward to THE OFFICE marathon on NBC tonight. Yep, I've seen all these episodes, but as this is now my favorite comedy of TV, I will rewatch these episodes with great glee.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2006, 07:28:35 AM »

Jeepers, it's peaceful up here. My own private retreat center... got the piano, the guitar, crayons and drawing paper, glue sticks and beads and sequins, blank books for journal entries, a wonderful library of books, wads of sheet music and opera scores, got videos and CD's, got internet. Got semi-tame wildlife. Got a forest and a stream and a garden... Who would NOT be at peace in such a place...
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2006, 07:30:28 AM »

THE SOUND OF MUSIC is one amazing show. Nearly 50 years old with a movie version that was a world-wide phenomenon, and yet stage versions still remain cash cows. We didn't play to en empty seat for the three week run of the last version I did (350 seat house). A more recent version playing at a new 1,000 seat theater here had frequent sellouts last fall.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2006, 07:35:33 AM »

Vixmom - sometimes I lose my voice in order to shut me up so I can hear the private things I need to say to myself...

But, apparently, people with kids lose their voices from ailments the little ones bring home from school. I think Chas lost his voice - and the whole shebang - because he had such negative feelings about the biz and felt trapped by his career... some folks for whom I have been voice teacher/coach had vocal troubles as a symptom of their being unable to express certain hard truths... Fifth Chakra stuff is so interesting...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2006, 07:38:09 AM »

Metaphor as Medicine
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2006, 07:39:02 AM »

I am becoming that strange little old lady in the forest...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2006, 07:41:28 AM »

I remember a book from my teen years, that had a compelling cover... don't quite remember how it looked, but I remember I was quite taken with it - Bonjour, Tristesse. I should look for that book...
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2006, 07:42:35 AM »

Here's one of my favorite paperback covers:

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2006, 07:47:33 AM »

I'm at work, munching on a banana-walnut muffin and sipping some French Roast Cafe.

Life is good.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2006, 07:49:28 AM »

Life, of course, can always be better...but it's what you make of it, isn't it!

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2006, 07:50:56 AM »

Is anyone else experiencing lingering delays between the moment you push "post" and the moment when the forum has accepted the post and refreshed itself?

It's taking 10-20 seconds, on average, this morning for me.  Both from home and here at work.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 07:51:45 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2006, 07:53:12 AM »

I'm hoping today moves along smartly.  Nothing worse than a draggy day.

Having here to come to during lulls is great.

I suppose I could always go out for a little walk.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2006, 07:59:34 AM »

No, the posting is going fairly quickly on my end of the line. Logging on to the forum was a bit sluggish.

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2006, 08:00:53 AM »

My BETTE DAVIS COLLECTION Vol. 2 set has not arrived. In fact, I haven't even gotten a notice from Amazon that it has shipped!  :(

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2006, 08:01:41 AM »

It's always delightful to see TCB arise from his mists of recovery to post.  Last night, he was in rare form.  Very subtle in some ways....LOVED the "Why, was he hungry?" response to one post.

But the one that had me rolling, in stitches, was:

To a Quote from: JRand55 on Yesterday at 07:23:01am
Here's some pictures from THE SOUND OF MUSIC, if anyone wants to click.

TCB replied:
I think I would leave the convent for your Captain.

To which I submit, the Sisters of Lordy-Have-Mercy certainly have their hands full with you, TCB!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 08:04:13 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2006, 08:06:13 AM »

Re: The Bette Davis Collection Vol. 2 -- I will stick my keys into an electrical socket before I re-buy "Jezebel" and "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" again UNLESS I can get some kind of trustworthy proof that the films are much, MUCH better in their new release than in the original one (i.e. the restoration is remarkable, scenes have been restored...).

It's maddening when boxed sets include titles already out there...and already in my collection.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 08:08:05 AM by Ron Pulliam »

vixmom

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2006, 08:14:01 AM »

I just remembered to turnt he page in my calendar.  I am looking at a beautiful picture of the  Tropical Rainforest, Daintree National Park, Queensland, Australia

Thanks Tomovoz!

I also note that today is the first day of Winter!! Happy winter Tomovoz... we have just begun swimming in our pool and grilling our meals out of doors here.  The Vixter has 17 more days in her school year and is studying for her final exams before the summer recess

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2006, 08:17:29 AM »

Re: The Bette Davis Collection Vol. 2 -- I will stick my keys into an electrical socket before I re-buy "Jezebel" and "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" again UNLESS I can get some kind of trustworthy proof that the films are much, MUCH better in their new release than in the original one (i.e. the restoration is remarkable, scenes have been restored...).

It's maddening when boxed sets include titles already out there...and already in my collection.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I agree with you, and in the last Davis boxed set, I bought individual titles I didn't already have rather than the entire box.

However, that being said, every review I've read has remarked on the much improved image quality of JEZEBEL and BABY JANE, particularly the latter. BABY JANE has also been updated to a two-disc edition with extra features not on the first one. Additionally, the box contains that outstanding STARDUST: The Bette Davis Story documentary only available in this set (or recorded off TCM the next time it airs.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up