Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: DAINTY JUNE  (Read 45171 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:DAINTY JUNE
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2006, 08:19:08 AM »

Oh the doctor's office just called and can see me at 2:15.  I guess I had better go tell The Powers That Be  I'll be leaving a bit early.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2006, 08:19:23 AM »

And looks like by the time they get to the third Bette Davis set, they will have run out of previously released gems and they will all be first-time-on-DVD items.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2006, 08:20:08 AM »

DR Jane, the first in your photographic series of copulating fauna was quite intriguing.  Does NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC know you're at liberty?

DRelmore, you are groggy & missed the fact they were battling for the right to copulate. Read on.. ;D

elmore & DRLaura- at first we thought the snakes might be mating.  However, if they were mating it would have taken longer than the 5 minutes they spent together, and their position would have been more circular.  Also there would have been some spasms of joy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2006, 08:21:03 AM »

Guess I need to get cleaned up for lunch out today.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2006, 08:21:08 AM »

DRelmore I’m sorry your news today isn’t better, vibes for your poor sister-in-law as well as your entire family.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2006, 08:28:20 AM »

SwishySara!!!  So nice to see you, as always you are a burst of youthful enthusiasm & energy to brighten the day.

Penny, I love reading your posts of your beautiful home & the wildlife.  I of course can imagine it all.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2006, 08:30:09 AM »

I love book jackets and, as a book collector, know the jacket usually increases the value of the book by about four times.  I've often bought a book purely for the jacket.

Some favs:  

Lots of my Sabatini jackets have great swashbuckling covers.

The Sax Rohmers lots of mysterious East atmosphere.

All the old Edgar Rice Burroughs jackets from J. Allen St. John up to Frazetta.

N.C. Wyeth did both some Sabatini and Burroughs jackets.

I have lots of fine action covers by fine action illustrators by fine action writers like P.C. Wren, Talbot Mundy, and Robert E. Howard.

I also own some pulp magazines with terrific covers, some by the wonderful Margaret Brundage, who illustrated for Weird Tales.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2006, 08:31:53 AM »

Ginny-My friend’s good news makes this an extra special day.

Thanks Dakota, Matt H, MBarnum, TCB, George,  & JRand.

Penny-Absolutely a real heavy load off!  Now I can truly enjoy our special day.  This is the friend I visited in DC when we were in Bethesda together.  

Mbarnum-may your mother be very happy in her new home.

JRand I hope you miss a great opening night.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2006, 08:51:49 AM »

SwishySara!!!  So nice to see you, as always you are a burst of youthful enthusiasm & energy to brighten the day.

Penny, I love reading your posts of your beautiful home & the wildlife.  I of course can imagine it all.

Jane, I agree with you, I also enjoy Penny's post... They have a certain serenity about them.

Post away DR Penny!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2006, 09:21:34 AM »

Jose- what/where is that mini burger place in the west village that we hit last year on the eating and walking and eating tour?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2006, 09:23:11 AM »

TOD: Growing up I loved the covers (and contents) of John Bellairs's books with artwork by Edward Gorey.  Now they're only published in paperback with different covers, but I've been collecting them on Ebay.  Here's one if anyone is interested. I'm going to scan some when I get home tonight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Mummy-the-Will-and-the-Crypt-John-Bellairs-Gorey_W0QQitemZ8070106690QQcategoryZ279QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2006, 09:30:58 AM »

Jose- what/where is that mini burger place in the west village that we hit last year on the eating and walking and eating tour?

Oh, I remember that place!  In January, I took my DH Richard past it and told him all about our stop there (we'd have eaten there ourselves, but were on our way to Cowgirl).  Do you think I can remember the name and location?  Of course not!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2006, 09:35:27 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - great night's sleep and I'm just getting my bearings.  One must have one's bearings.

I got the Bette Davis set last night, using credit.  Here's the Amoeba joke.  Mostly everything in the store is list price unless they get a promo.  So, they've got the single two-disc version of Baby Jane for $24.95, list price.  Then they have about thirty copies of the box set, all promos (the only way to tell is that the bar code has a black line drawn through it) and those are 34.95.  So, even though I didn't want the box set I got it, and will get rid of what I don't want.  I'll watch Baby Jane first so I can report on it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2006, 09:49:51 AM »

I see six dear readers, but I don't see no stinking posts.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2006, 09:50:02 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - great night's sleep and I'm just getting my bearings.  One must have one's bearings.

I got the Bette Davis set last night, using credit.  Here's the Amoeba joke.  Mostly everything in the store is list price unless they get a promo.  So, they've got the single two-disc version of Baby Jane for $24.95, list price.  Then they have about thirty copies of the box set, all promos (the only way to tell is that the bar code has a black line drawn through it) and those are 34.95.  So, even though I didn't want the box set I got it, and will get rid of what I don't want.  I'll watch Baby Jane first so I can report on it.

I'm anxious to read your thoughts on it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2006, 09:54:21 AM »

Oh, I remember that place!  In January, I took my DH Richard past it and told him all about our stop there (we'd have eaten there ourselves, but were on our way to Cowgirl).  Do you think I can remember the name and location?  Of course not!

My brother and his family came into town yesterday, and niece (16) and nephew (18) are hanging out with us tonight.  Yesterday, we had a conversation about what they might want to do, which consisted of quite a few whatevers, and I don't knows.  But we did establish that they liked to eat.  So I thought instead of going to a restaurant and spending the rest of the night wandering around, we could incorporate the wandering into the eating and make it last all night.

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2006, 10:00:15 AM »

BK - I just sent you an email, indicating that I've been getting that "Too Many Connections" screen a lot today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2006, 10:01:09 AM »

DR TPunk - would you like me to send you the map I made of the tour DR Jose took us on?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2006, 10:02:18 AM »

That's cause there are too many connections again.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2006, 10:02:47 AM »

DR TPunk - would you like me to send you the map I made of the tour DR Jose took us on?

oh yes please!  I will PM you my email.

FJL

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2006, 10:05:42 AM »

Anyone else have trouble getting AOL email for a few hours this morning?

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2006, 10:06:23 AM »

BK, which Ozu movie did you pick-up yesterday?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2006, 10:06:57 AM »

I don't got no stinkin' posts!
[/font][/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2006, 10:07:43 AM »

Yes, I could neither send nor receive e-mail via AOL - they really ought to just give up the ghost.  gmail is the ticket.

I got "too many connections" and fired off an e-mail to our host.  I mean, problem fixed is problem fixed in my book, unless they're having other issues today.  I still think I'm going to have them nuke the first year's posts and have them archived somewhere.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2006, 10:08:43 AM »

It's always delightful to see TCB arise from his mists of recovery to post.  Last night, he was in rare form.  Very subtle in some ways....LOVED the "Why, was he hungry?" response to one post.

But the one that had me rolling, in stitches, was:To which I submit, the Sisters of Lordy-Have-Mercy certainly have their hands full with you, TCB!

Thanks, Ron.  Be afraid, be very afraid.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2006, 10:09:52 AM »

Happy Shavuos to all who celebrate, starting at 8:03 EST tonight.  

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2006, 10:10:24 AM »

Anyone else have trouble getting AOL email for a few hours this morning?

I've been having intermittent internet problems for the past two days, here in the office and at home.

I'll bet gophers are chewing through a cable somewhere.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2006, 10:10:30 AM »

Guess I'm going to attempt to jog now.  Not sure if I gained weight or not, but I don't think so, which is good.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2006, 10:12:38 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

-I was getting the "too man connections" error for a bit now...  So... I shall post while the posting is good...
;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2006, 10:13:49 AM »

Is it because she's a lesbian?  Evidently, the answer is "yes"!

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16   Go Up