Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: DAINTY JUNE  (Read 45202 times)

MBarnum

Re:DAINTY JUNE
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2006, 10:14:16 AM »

BK, don't go jogging until you have told me what Ozu DVD you bought yesterday...you don't know the troubles I had trying to post that the first time...and so I demand and answer!

(yes I was getting the "too many connections" message as well!)  :(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2006, 10:17:50 AM »

DR TPunk - The burger place in question is "The Burger Joint".  It's on Bleecker Street @ MacDougal, a block from 6th Ave. (Avenue of the Americas).  *It's also across the street from Porto Rico, that great coffee place.  **And there's also a great Indian "kati roll" place a few doors away.

*Alas, I think the burgers may have gone up from $1.00 to $1.50 for the plain ones.  Still a very tasty bite.

-Need a tour guide?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »

As it is the month of June, I believe we should have a June Kenney page 4  dance!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 10:22:48 AM by MBarnum »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »

Anyone else have trouble getting AOL email for a few hours this morning?

Nope, not I.

*But, then again, I tend not to have issues wish AOL, so...  <knock wood>
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2006, 10:19:45 AM »

For those hoping to get tickets to ASSASSINS just outside of D.C. at the Signature Theatre:  I know they're saying they're completely sold out for the first five weeks, but if you have the patience to keep checking online, tickets keep popping up.  After being told absolutely no availability for the Saturday night we wanted to go, we just kept checking back online, and tickets started popping up one at a time.  It took making four separate orders, but our party of four got tickets.  So if anyone here (or any people who just read the site without posting) must see ASSASSINS, don't be deterred - keep checking online.)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2006, 10:19:58 AM »

-Then again, I was not really up until this afternoon, so if AOL was having issues this morning...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2006, 10:22:02 AM »

For those hoping to get tickets to ASSASSINS just outside of D.C. at the Signature Theatre:  I know they're saying they're completely sold out for the first five weeks, but if you have the patience to keep checking online, tickets keep popping up.  After being told absolutely no availability for the Saturday night we wanted to go, we just kept checking back online, and tickets started popping up one at a time.  It took making four separate orders, but our party of four got tickets.  So if anyone here (or any people who just read the site without posting) must see ASSASSINS, don't be deterred - keep checking online.)

DR FJL - When are you going?  *I may be taking over the final part of the run... We shall see.

**And I've always found it easier to call Signature's ticket/box office then deal with the online system.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2006, 10:23:28 AM »

elmore & DRLaura- at first we thought the snakes might be mating.  However, if they were mating it would have taken longer than the 5 minutes they spent together, and their position would have been more circular.  Also there would have been some spasms of joy.

DR Jane - Such language!  <blush>

:P

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2006, 10:25:31 AM »

Jose - Our little gang of four is going to ASSASSINS Sat. June 24th evening.  (We're seeing MAME in the afternoon.)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2006, 10:36:18 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Nothing in particular comes to mind, but...

When I was in grade school, we had "Library Class".  Once a week, we would head down to the school's library, and we would learn about the library.  Dewey Decimal system, Newberry and Caldecott winners, new acquisitions, etc.  Sometimes the class would just consist of watching a slide show or film of a particular book.  In any case...

For a couple of weeks, we spent time re-jacketing some of the books.  Most of the time, that just consisted of re-wrapping the dust jackets in that plastic overwrap - the name of which escapes me now.  -I'm sure BK and DRs George and Ginny know the correct name.  However, sometimes we had to reconstruct the whole dust jacket which meant we had to re-draw the dust jacket art.  Sometimes we used an overhead projector to "trace" the artwork out, othertimes we just traced the artwork.  And sometimes we just came up with new artwork altogether.  It was a very educational and creative project.

*One of these days I would like to head back to the St. Thomas More Elementary School library and see how many of those dust-jackets and books are still there.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2006, 10:38:31 AM »

Jose - Our little gang of four is going to ASSASSINS Sat. June 24th evening.  (We're seeing MAME in the afternoon.)

Ah, if I do end up heading down to Signature, I would not start until the following week.

*I am interested in seeing the show since I saw Signature's original production, especially since Joe Calarco is directing this time rather than Eric.  We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2006, 10:41:28 AM »

DR elmore - Any chance you'll be going to see this?

Broadway Spotlight: Donna Lynne Champlin
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2006, 10:43:37 AM »

I'm sorry, but it's not yet 4 a.m.....that's the best I can do for now.

That's a heck of a lot better than I could do at any time! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2006, 10:48:30 AM »

DR TPunk - The burger place in question is "The Burger Joint".  It's on Bleecker Street @ MacDougal, a block from 6th Ave. (Avenue of the Americas).  *It's also across the street from Porto Rico, that great coffee place.  **And there's also a great Indian "kati roll" place a few doors away.

*Alas, I think the burgers may have gone up from $1.00 to $1.50 for the plain ones.  Still a very tasty bite.

-Need a tour guide?  ;)

Thanks Jose! Are your services for hire tonight?  Actually I'm not sure what the mood will be with the kids, whether or not they'll be into the eating/walking tour.  I'm just trying to come up with options in case they don't have anything they want to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2006, 10:48:48 AM »

And continuing the Topic of the Day...

With many publishers coming out with special and commemorative editions of the classics, it's been neat seeing what some of the original hardcover dust-jackets look(ed) like.  Both "To Kill A Mockingbird" and "The Catcher in the Rye" were originally introduced to me via their paperback versions when I was in high school, and when HarperCollins and Little, Brown (respectively) released anniversary editions of the books...  -However, I do have to say, I'm still partial to "The Catcher in the Rye" paperback with the maroon cover and orange/gold lettering.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2006, 10:51:38 AM »

Here's one of my favorite paperback covers:

I searched the library catalog where I work to see if we had "The Front Runner" and not only did we have one copy of it, five new copies were just ordered last month!  What a coinkydink!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2006, 10:52:07 AM »

Thanks Jose! Are your services for hire tonight?  Actually I'm not sure what the mood will be with the kids, whether or not they'll be into the eating/walking tour.  I'm just trying to come up with options in case they don't have anything they want to do.

Well.. Since it's Thursday, you could always take them to the Chelsea Clearview Cinemas ("Where Dreams Come True") for the screening on "The Letter" (starring Bette Davis).  Heck, the might even win a pair of tickets to some other event in town from your hostess for the evening, Hedda Lettuce.  And it's only a $6.00 ticket!

;)

*OHHH!!!  I'm not that interested in tonight's presentation of "The Letter", however, next week.... "Xanadu"!!!!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2006, 10:52:37 AM »

Life, of course, can always be better...but it's what you make of it, isn't it!

Life is like a sewer...what you get out of it depends on what you put into it! ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2006, 10:54:43 AM »

...And there's always Magnolia for cupcakes and banana pudding...

...A Salt & Battery for fish & chips and fried Snickers bars...

...Crumbs for cupcakes(!)...

...Beard Papa for cream puffs...

...And La Cocina for 2-for-1 Frozen Margaritas - which, as we found out last week, is only applicable Monday-Thursday...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2006, 10:55:38 AM »

...Then again, the final preliminary rounds of "So You Think You Can Dance?" are also on tonight.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2006, 10:56:27 AM »

...And as the scroll on the TV is reminding me...

If you do head out, don't forget your umbrella.  Storms and hail(!) predicted for this afternoon.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2006, 10:56:38 AM »

Whenever Jose is on the board I get hungry!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2006, 10:57:07 AM »

Well.. Since it's Thursday, you could always take them to the Chelsea Clearview Cinemas ("Where Dreams Come True") for the screening on "The Letter" (starring Bette Davis).  Heck, the might even win a pair of tickets to some other event in town from your hostess for the evening, Hedda Lettuce.  And it's only a $6.00 ticket!

;)

*OHHH!!!  I'm not that interested in tonight's presentation of "The Letter", however, next week.... "Xanadu"!!!!

;D

That would be a true New York experience, wouldn't it!  I think that they might not be interested in the movie either.  Too bad it's not Valley of the Dolls tonight.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2006, 10:57:26 AM »

DR George, did you listen to the London SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE yet?  I'm listening to it now.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2006, 10:57:53 AM »

Whenever Jose is on the board I get hungry!

Well... Whenever you're on the board, DR MBarnum, I get... Well...  Nevermind...

:P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 10:58:45 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2006, 10:58:37 AM »

...And there's always Magnolia for cupcakes and banana pudding...

...A Salt & Battery for fish & chips and fried Snickers bars...

...Crumbs for cupcakes(!)...

...Beard Papa for cream puffs...

...And La Cocina for 2-for-1 Frozen Margaritas - which, as we found out last week, is only applicable Monday-Thursday...

;)

On my list I have:

Magnolias or Billy's Bakery for cupcakes
Beard Papa for Cream Puffs
Burger Joint for sliders
F&B for hotdogs

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2006, 11:00:14 AM »

On my list I have:

Burger Joint for sliders
F&B for hotdogs

don't forget to take them to the adult toy store.

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2006, 11:01:52 AM »

I was just thinking about that Japanese tea place that you took me to Jose.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2006, 11:02:16 AM »

On my list I have:

Burger Joint for sliders
F&B for hotdogs

I also like the fried green beans - yes, fried green beans! - at F&B.  Yes, they're fried, but at least it's a vegetable.  -And they're served with garlic butter too.  Oooh...and the chocolate beignets.

**And if you're going to F&B, you might as well stop at the Trailer Park next door, or the Big Booty Bakery on the other side.  Those Big Booty Buns are pretty darn tasty!  I'm partial to the Guava ones.  But the Dulce de Leche ones are good too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2006, 11:02:48 AM »

don't forget to take them to the adult toy store.

Which one?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Up