Re:OHAYO
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2006, 09:44:09 AM »

I wonder if I shall jog today?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2006, 09:44:49 AM »

I know I have things to do but I can't remember what they are.  I should read the notes.

I do have to pack up a couple of orders, and get them shipped.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2006, 09:46:36 AM »

Ron - When did the languishing begin?

Is it mental languish perhaps?

Reiterating that it was the cup of coffee that was doing the languishing, I have to opine that it started when I set the cup on my desk and removed the lid.

The profuse steam that escaped at the point led me to speculate that I wasn't yet ready to scald my tongue or the roof of my mouth...and I decided it needed to languish a bit.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2006, 09:47:50 AM »

I never learned a human languish.

Yet....you are so easily assimilated!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2006, 10:00:52 AM »

Di dee di! Dee di dee di!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2006, 10:06:15 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

Well... I got up early, around 8:30 in fact! - and then proceeded to fall back asleep until 11:30...  Then turned on the TV...

*It's always "fun" watching Martha Stewart when she has a guest - chefs, in particular - who is more confident in their cooking skills than she is.  She just tries and tries to inject her own knowledge without really contributing to the segment.  "Oooh, I would just love to have that for dinner," is one of her usual rejoinders.

In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2006, 10:06:37 AM »

-Yes, I know... I watch way too much TV.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2006, 10:08:35 AM »

As for the Friday Media Check...

Well...  Lots of stuff on deck, but nothing really in the deck lately.  *And since I now have my complete collection of pop, jazz and show CDs in my apartment...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2006, 10:13:43 AM »

Oh...

Ohayo.  Ohayo gozaimasu.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 10:17:05 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2006, 10:16:08 AM »

And since it is now Afternoon here...

Konnichiwa
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2006, 10:19:45 AM »

Academy, my downfall!

Since my husband is off in Virginia the call of the siren is easier to answer at lunch  ;)

I picked up a copy of the soundtrack to Mrs. Santa Claus, the Jerry Herman/Angela Lansbury television special from 1996. I also got a copy of Magdalena. I don't know if it's any good. I've heard of the show. It's by Wright and Forrest who wrote Kismet and Grand Hotel. This recording has the wonderful Judy Kaye, George Rose, Faith Esham, Kevin Gray and Jerry Hadley. I will listen to it over the weekend.

Did I mention that I will try to get standing room tickets to History Boys tomorrow?

I am reading The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen. It's old, I know, but it was in the library and I've never read it so now I will. It was highly praised when it came out but right now it's a lot of family dysfunction. We will see how it goes. I keep looking  for The Kite Runner but all copies are out at my branch. I may wander over to another branch of the NYPL to see if I can find a copy.

Danise

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2006, 10:24:32 AM »

Hi all!

Did I mention that we have not had rain in such a very long time but guess what we had yesterday when I had to drive all the way to Plant City?

You guessed it.  Rain!  Buckets of the stuff.   I could barely see to drive.  I have to admit that my fear of driving in rain wasn't as great since I felt more secure in Bonny.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2006, 10:28:25 AM »

For those of you who did buy or are going to buy Season 1 of Boston Legal, I don't know if this is everywhere but down here in Florida, if you buy it at Best Buy, you get a two disk bonus of the shows that set BL up.

I think it's another show called, The Practice?  I'm not sure.  I just know that the box said it is the show that introduced the Alan charactor.

Anyway, that's the set that I bought.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 10:30:16 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2006, 10:29:24 AM »

It's nice to see Jose posting again.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2006, 10:30:33 AM »

Hi all!

Did I mention that we have not had rain in such a very long time but guess what we had yesterday when I had to drive all the way to Plant City?

You guessed it.  Rain!  Buckets of the stuff.   I could barely see to drive.  I have to admit that my fear of driving in rain wasn't as great since I felt more secure in Bonny.   :)

I don't blame you for not liking to drive in the rain. You get real torrential rainstorms down there.. Whenever we geta really bad rainstorm we liken it to a Florida rain!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Danise

« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2006, 10:31:12 AM »

Laters all!  See ya on the bus!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2006, 10:43:30 AM »

Boston Legal is a spin-off of The Practice. David E. Kelley created The Practice and it was pretty successful but it started slipping in the ratings. He came up with Boston Legal after introducing Alan Shore in the last season of The Practice.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2006, 10:57:49 AM »

I just fit into another pair of size 33 jeans - feels good, and they're not even tight.  I just cut the legs off them and now I have a nice pair of jean shorts which I shall now attempt to go jogging in.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2006, 11:23:20 AM »

Was there ever a recording of said opera?  There must have been, for me to have a vague memory of it.

I don't know anything on the piece's history.  A singer may be doing it this summer, and Susanna wanted to prepare a new vocal score.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2006, 11:36:54 AM »

Just did a little research on Sorry, Wrong Number - I'm right, I do remember it and it was recorded - but the one I'm remembering is not by Mr. Moross, it's by Jack Beeson - I issued a few things by Mr. Beeson on Bay Cities.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2006, 11:41:28 AM »

Good day one and all... Take a respite from work and thought I would say Allo!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2006, 11:43:10 AM »

Ohayo... Sounds like an opera
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2006, 11:47:39 AM »

Media Check

Work puter: The Chieftains -- Long journey home

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2006, 12:12:38 PM »

Good Afternoon!

And the rains came back... Another "excuse" to do some more laundry...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2006, 12:54:26 PM »

Ah, but you have laundry in your building. I have to walk down three flights of stairs and a block to the laundromat. Don't rub it in  ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2006, 01:08:10 PM »

Back from lunch.

What a gorgeous day!

A co-worker and I walked 14 blocks to visit the weekly farmer's market (bought two pounds of fresh green beans) and take lunch at a Thai restaurant.  

Had wonderful chicken spring rolls and pra-ram pork.

Delicious!

And the walk was enervating!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 01:08:45 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2006, 01:10:16 PM »

It's nice to see Jose posting again.  :)

Indeed.

I hope he's enjoying our delight that he's back on a daily basis.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2006, 01:11:59 PM »

Had a couple of eggs and a couple of tortillas.  I'm sure there will be some food at the opening night partay after the show tonight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2006, 01:12:43 PM »

Had a good brisk jog, too, in my new jean shorts - I rather looked lithe and svelte with abs and buns of steel.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player:  several CDs through very kind courtesy of DR Rodzinski!  Thank you very much!! :-* Also, the new (and only) London cast recording of Sunday in the Park With George.

In my DVD player:  three new DVDs from Netflix (they're at home, so I don't remember what they are), after that will be "Transamerica" with Felicity Huffman.

In my VCR:  tapes to tape shows tonight.  There are three shows at 9:00 pm, so I have to tape two of them.  I'll watch "Last Comic Standing" and tape "Doctor Who" and today's "Oprah" episode rebroadcast this evening.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up