News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OHAYO  (Read 23043 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
OHAYO
« on: June 02, 2006, 12:20:18 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you will now say ohayo to whomever you see, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently in Ohio saying ohayo.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 02:00:04 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:OHAYO
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 12:21:33 AM »

And the word of the day is: BOWDLERIZE!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 12:37:00 AM »

DVD:  "Acorn Antiques - the musical".  Funniest stage show I've seen on DVD for many a year. (Julie Walters is wonderful).

CDs:  Del Shannon "Rock On"
          Linda Ronstadt "Hummin' to Myself"
          Pet Shop Boys "Fundamental"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 01:27:27 AM »

TOD:
Various Episodes from Season 2 of Bewitched.
The Night Larry Kramer Kissed Me.

Season 2 of Bewitched had wonderful performances by Alice Pearce who won an Emmy, Marion Lorne as Aunt Clara, Paul Lynde in his first performance as Uncle Arthur, the first appearance of Serena (but not quite the Serena of later appearances.) The writing was quite good with episodes being funny and touching at the same time. Dick York and Elizabeth Montgomery giving top notch performances.

There were two episodes that were virtually lifted from season one. Each had a new scene at the beginning that said Do you remember what happened last year and the older episode is then played out again. There is no wrap around scene. It was probably a cost saving device since there were 38 episodes that year!
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 03:47:50 AM »

I tried to post about the word bowdlerize but, every time I did, a message came back that read "edited for content."   :-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 03:53:07 AM »

Der Brucer is away this morning, quite early.  He is off to join the third graders where young Alex goes to school, as they all take a field trip to Philadelphia to see a musical play called The Stinky Cheese Man.  They should all have a very good time, I believe.

I was also asked to join the third graders on this trip, but my work schedule got in the way.  (Or, considering the show's title, the whey.)  Still, it's nice to know that the school considers me to be one of the parents, or something like one.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 03:54:43 AM »

I'm still reading the same books I was reading last week.  Such is the free time I have.

Der Brucer purchased and watched the DVD of a filmed entertainment called The Towering Inferno.  He quite enjoyed it.

SPOILER:

For those who don't remember, The Towering Inferno is the film where O. J. Simpson saves a kitty cat.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 04:00:32 AM by S. Woody White »

Danise

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 04:30:19 AM »

Good morning all!

Judging from the posts from the other day, I wasn’t the only person having problems with connecting with the board.

I actually got scared when I got the “Forbidden” page because I was on lunch at the time and thought that I had somehow connected to the server at work.  We can get in BIG trouble if we use the county  resources to surf the net.  I shut everything down quickly.

I couldn’t figure out how I had connected since I have the card I bought from Verizon configured to only pick up the signal that I’m paying for.  Mystery solved.  Thank goodness.

I tried again on the bus ride home but still couldn’t connect to the board and kept getting thrown off.  I guess it was just a bad day.

I drove into work yesterday so I didn't have my laptop with me.  I had to go for the yearly mammogram.  Ugh.  But not as painful has it has been in the past.  I still manage to get somewhat sick in the stomach the day after.  I think I must be sensitive to the radiation.  

Anyway, Happy Friday everyone and have a wonderful day!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 04:56:03 AM »

Laura, what a great Squirrel picture from yesterday!

I will look for Peter Mark's review of Mame. I read Brantley's review this morning.

I'm listening to WMKV right now. I forgot to bring CDs to the office with me so my musical experiences will be from Internet radio.

I have episodes of The Sopranos to watch, courtesy of Anthony's mother. I will watch them as I ride the bike which I needs must do after my wonderful trip to DC last weekend.

I will also go to the Doggie Spa and play with my friend's dog, Homer. My friend is in the middle of the Gobi desert with another friend (it's her 60th birthday present to herself, a trip to Tibet). He called because he looked at his phone (he has T-Mobile service) and saw there was coverage. Imagine being in the middle of the Gobi Desert and making a cell phone call!

Tomorrow I will go to the Broadhurst Theatre ticket office and try to procure standing room tickets for the matinee or evening performance of History Boys.

On Sunday morning I will call my sister in Minnesota. Her husband works at a golf course and leaves the house early on Sunday so we can have a nice long talk without interruption.

I now must look up some things on line for Anthony (who is doing fine, btw, in Virginia).

Adieu.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 04:56:25 AM »

Bye, Larry, Jack and Woody!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 04:56:49 AM »

Unfortunately, DR DtM - Elsa Schrader has connections only in Vienna and NOT in Berlin.  But she does have the finest cotourier in Vienna and she does give some rather gay parties....  But for Georg - it's just NOT enough.

I personally think it's all of the ugly clothes that Eleanor Parker wore in THE SOUND OF MUSIC that sealed her fate.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 04:57:03 AM »

Bye Ben!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 04:59:27 AM »

TOD:

CD - Burt Bacharach's Greatest Hits, various artists

DVD - LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN, Mr Darryl Hickman is getting a bit PRE-tentious in his acting discussions, although his commentary is interesting....to a point...."Here she is indicating, not doing any internal acting....."

VHS:  KONGA, I don't know why....and THE SOUND OF MUSIC.  I watched the first "act" last night just because I wasn't there in person for the PCPH show....

I should get a report this morning and will share....from work.  UGH!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 05:20:00 AM »

A-working I must go
A-working I must go
Tra-la, tra-la-la-la
A-working I must go.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 05:30:47 AM »

Good morning, all!  I had quite a profitable afternoon at the NYPL Theatre Collection yesterday.  Beyond seeing and visiting with favorite librarians, I found many interesting discrepancies between the original Anne Caldwell-James O'Dea lyric sheets for unpublished songs at the library and their "edited" versions recorded by someone with a highly promoted reputation as a musical theatre historian.

Today, I'm back to Toyland for edits and other bits of fun with Mr Tom Murray.  When I return hme, I have some proofreading on a new vocal score to Jerome Moross' one-act opera SORRY WRONG NUMBER.  This evening I shall chill out with some DVD viewing.  Dylan and his new girlfriend (the boy works fast!) are off to a party, and I look forward to a quiet evening.

TOD:
  DVD:  ARMS & THE MAN, MRS WARREN'S PROFESSION
  CD:  Guy Haines, Jule Styne In Hollywood, Rebecca Luker "Leaving Home"
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 05:34:26 AM »

Off to work.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 05:35:35 AM »

Last night I began Luke Yankee's memoir of his mother, the late great Eileen Heckart, and it's hard to put down:  the anecdotes are wonderful, some quite funny.  The overall tone of the book is so generous and loving to family and friends that it's a pleasure to know about another down-to-earth, sensible family in show business
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 05:42:24 AM »

Ohayo!
Ohayo!
We've talked the whole night through!
Ohayo!
Ohayo, to you!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 06:04:17 AM »

And will someone tell me what I am doing up at six o'clock in the morning?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2006, 06:04:34 AM »

Especially when I didn't fall asleep until after two?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 06:05:14 AM »

Oh, and ohayo.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 06:06:07 AM »

I have vague memories of the opera of Sorry, Wrong Number, but had no idea it was by Moross.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 06:06:41 AM »

Was there ever a recording of said opera?  There must have been, for me to have a vague memory of it.

Ben

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 06:21:46 AM »

And will someone tell me what I am doing up at six o'clock in the morning?

Just what I was going to ask?

Well, it's always nice to see your smiling face at any time of the day or night.

Especially when the board is so zippy and fast!

Ben

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 06:24:35 AM »

I don't know if there is a recording. I can't find any links to CDs but here is an article about Moross which talks about the opera

Sorry, Wrong Number
« Last Edit: June 02, 2006, 06:24:51 AM by Ben »

FJL

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2006, 06:41:10 AM »

Sad to see that the Lamb's Theater has lost its lovely space on West 44th Street.  Saw quite a few fine shows there and thought it was a most hospitable space, especially (but not only) if you sat in the center section.  It was a pain to get up those s tairs, but once you were there, it was well worth it.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 06:48:12 AM »

Good morning all! I am up and doing laundry after a delightful evening with the niece and nephew.  We ended up wandering around the west village and then settling in for a meal at Cowgirl Hall of Fame.  Which turned out to be a good plan since the skies soon opened up and began pouring.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2006, 06:48:52 AM »

I'm going to hang out with them for a bit before heading off to work in the early afternoon.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2006, 06:50:54 AM »

They are really cool kids, easy to talk to and super comfortable to be around.  They're here from Phoenix and announced to us yesterday as we were heading back to the subway that it was their first time using an umbrella.  They usually don't bother because it rains so infrequently and for such short periods of time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2006, 06:51:14 AM »

I'm still up, and fear I won't be able to go back to sleep, although I may try, oh, yes, I may try.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up