Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WORLD IS MY OYSTER  (Read 25960 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE WORLD IS MY OYSTER
« Reply #180 on: June 19, 2006, 04:30:57 PM »

Cillaliz -- what happened with the lost kitty that found you?

Not sure.  She was back yesterday so I went to my neighbor and asked if he knew who she belonged to. He didn't know but said she'd been around for about a week.  I noticed that she didn't seem to be around at night and he said he hadn't seen her then either.  We've had tons of rain and bad weather but her coat is shiny and clean and her collar looks brand new and not dirty at all.   My guess is that someone lets her out in the morning and in at night and in the meantime she goes looking for attention.  Just a guess.  I considered just keeping her, but I don't want to be a catnapper.

I think she's too young and tame to be let out to fend for herself every day. So does my neighbor.  I'm waiting to see if she shows up again. I've fed her twice, so if she's really on her own, she'll be back

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: June 19, 2006, 04:33:14 PM »

Did you enjoy the time you had off?

I ask, because there were a few days there when you didn't seem to be having too good a time.

;D

LOL, I enjoyed some of it. Mostly I needed to unwind and I did. I got bored and realized that I really wanted to go back to work.  I guess I had to consider giving up what I have to realize that it's really what I want.   (How's that for deep thoughts) ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: June 19, 2006, 04:35:58 PM »

Cillaliz: There's a large wildfire threatening Slide Rock and Oak Creek Canyon.

That's sad. I LOVE Oak Creek Canyon.  I never slid down Slide Rock but enjoyed watching others take the plunge.  Is there still a Ranger Jim who is the spokesman for the Forest Service during the fires?  I dated him a couple times way back when.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #183 on: June 19, 2006, 04:41:05 PM »

The Taco Bell Chihuahua: Here, leezard leezard leezard!

You're right, his work in those commercials was quite brilliant.

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: June 19, 2006, 04:41:30 PM »

I did come back to some really sad news. One of my clients tried to commit suicide while I was gone. He actually hung himself from a tree.  A young girl found him.  He's in intensive care, spinal injuries and he broke his larynx.  His probation officer says he's conscious and can respond by nodding. He's schizophrenic and his family isn't real close to him.  I'm going to see if I can go visit him.  It's strange, he was doing so well. This one took me a little by surprise.  Especially the way he attempted it, in a tree along a busy street.  

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #185 on: June 19, 2006, 04:41:46 PM »

Dinner time!!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2006, 04:43:27 PM »

I did come back to some really sad news. One of my clients tried to commit suicide while I was gone. He actually hung himself from a tree.  A young girl found him.  He's in intensive care, spinal injuries and he broke his larynx.  His probation officer says he's conscious and can respond by nodding. He's schizophrenic and his family isn't real close to him.  I'm going to see if I can go visit him.  It's strange, he was doing so well. This one took me a little by surprise.  Especially the way he attempted it, in a tree along a busy street.  

Cillializ, I'm so sorry.  I hope that things improve for him.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2006, 04:44:37 PM »

If I could, would I spend this much time on the internet?
Well, uh... neither would I.  
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2006, 04:47:17 PM »

Cillializ, I'm so sorry.  I hope that things improve for him.

Thanks, me too, I'm concerned about the extent of the spinal injuries.  I'm getting different stories from different people. I do have a release of information and I'll need his records for court, so I'm going to get them tomorrow and hopefully go visit him.  It's a fine line when it comes to these things.  He sort of acted like he had a crush on me at one time, so I have to not encourage that while still being supportive. I'm sure you've been there...if not you will be sometime 8)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #189 on: June 19, 2006, 05:06:56 PM »

Thanks, me too, I'm concerned about the extent of the spinal injuries.  I'm getting different stories from different people. I do have a release of information and I'll need his records for court, so I'm going to get them tomorrow and hopefully go visit him.  It's a fine line when it comes to these things.  He sort of acted like he had a crush on me at one time, so I have to not encourage that while still being supportive. I'm sure you've been there...if not you will be sometime 8)

I haven't quite been there, but had a similar situation with an adolescent client who was hospitalized for aggression, and I do believe he had a little crush.  So you always have to be careful.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #190 on: June 19, 2006, 05:27:34 PM »

Is there still a Ranger Jim who is the spokesman for the Forest Service during the fires?  I dated him a couple times way back when.

Jim Paxon?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #191 on: June 19, 2006, 05:29:00 PM »

I did come back to some really sad news. One of my clients tried to commit suicide while I was gone.

I'm so sorry to hear about this, Cillaliz. I hope he'll be ok and he can get the help he needs.

Last week I went to a funeral of a teenage boy who used to come to our church. He hanged himself in a park in Scottsdale.

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2006, 06:43:44 PM »

It is hanged not hung isn't it...   Now when you talk about a hung jury...that could be a sight to behold!   (Just trying to lighten things up a little)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »

I am full of tuna pasta salad and am very logey.  Watching another Ozu movie, after watching a terrific film noir I'd never seen before.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2006, 06:46:33 PM »

Let's get some action goin' on, shall we?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2006, 06:46:55 PM »

I've only been out of the house for about ten minutes today.  I may have to take a drive.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2006, 06:51:59 PM »

I am noticing that the light fixtures in this house are about 45 years old.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2006, 07:10:19 PM »

A particularly good The Closer this evening.  Frances Sternhagen made a guest appearance as Brenda's mother.  She had a funny Amanda Wingfield type moment toward the end.  This is a great show and I'm glad it's doing so well.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #198 on: June 19, 2006, 07:10:31 PM »

This isn't all that uncommon, particularly with subdural sutures.  I didn't get an infection after that affair with my lip, but Angie did after her little operation.  She got a little pussy and oozy, and Doc Chris, our vet, put her on antibiotics, too.

Can you wash the area yourself, the way she can?   :o   :-*

There are just so many set-up lines in this post that my head is spinning (Including the quote--"" in a quote from DR TCB?!?!)

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2006, 07:14:17 PM »

Let's get some action goin' on, shall we?

I am trying to think of upbeat topics!

I also watched a Lifetime (television for women) made for tv movie starring Stockard Channing as a mother who has a hard time accepting her daughter is gay.  It preceded the premiere of a new movie starring Mercedes Ruehl as a crusading mother pursuing justice for her transgendered daughter who was murdered by 4 men who discovered her gender of origin.  I'm guessing that the programming is in honor of it being Pride month.  But it made me depressed.  Especially when I found out that the latter movie is based on a real life case that took place about 30 minutes away from where I grew up.  Three years ago.  When are we going to move forward?

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2006, 07:14:59 PM »

There are just so many set-up lines in this post that my head is spinning (Including the quote--"" in a quote from DR TCB?!?!)

Interesting how the p-word can have so many connotations!  ::)

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2006, 07:16:19 PM »

Tomorrow is a day off for me.  I'm going to get back on the saddle so to speak and head to the gym.  And then meet a good friend of mine who also has the day off, to get an early start on celebrating her birthday.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2006, 07:18:25 PM »

Also, I am becoming very excited about my new project at work, helping to plan an initiative to celebrate our agency's 25th anniversary.  It looks like we are going to pursue expanding our services for youth under age 25, doing a lot more outreach, mentoring, and leadership training.  Good stuff!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2006, 07:19:02 PM »

Interesting how the p-word can have so many connotations!  ::)

Especially in my dirty mind.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2006, 07:31:42 PM »

You know what drives me crazy?  I'll tell you what drives me crazy.  It drives me crazy when the local weather peeps flap their wings about an impending thunderstorm that never arrives.  All night long we've been seeing "Severe Thunderstorm Warning" flash along the bottom of the TV screen and hours later--nothing!  The skies grow dark and there is a spit of a few raindrops and--nothing!

Perpetual anticipation is bad for my heart and soul.
-- Anaïs Nin

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2006, 07:34:43 PM »

You know what drives me crazy?  I'll tell you what drives me crazy.  It drives me crazy when the local weather peeps flap their wings about an impending thunderstorm that never arrives.  All night long we've been seeing "Severe Thunderstorm Warning" flash along the bottom of the TV screen and hours later--nothing!  The skies grow dark and there is a spit of a few raindrops and--nothing!

Perpetual anticipation is bad for my heart and soul.

I try to not let it drive me crazy and instead enjoy the colors and flashing lights used in all of their "DOOM STORM WATCH 2006, TAKE COVER BEFORE YOU PERISH" headlines.  Boy are they creative.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2006, 07:37:05 PM »

It is muggy in our apartment.  The cats are NOT pleased.

Ben

« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2006, 07:42:41 PM »

I am back from Virginia. I had a loverly time but I am quite tired. I am caught up (for now) so I don't have to read things tomorrow at work.

I will post more tomorrow. Like my trip to DC, no pictures until the person with the camera gets back to New York.

Anthony was wonderful in B&TB and he says hi back to everyone. He's very touched that you all think of him in Virginia.

Ben

« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2006, 07:43:03 PM »

Hugs, kisses and vibes galore to Mr. Moore!!!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2006, 07:44:59 PM »

Welcome back Ben!  I am excited to hear more about Ant's performance as Maurice!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up