Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WORLD IS MY OYSTER  (Read 25917 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE WORLD IS MY OYSTER
« on: June 19, 2006, 12:16:14 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were your oyster, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're having clams on the half shell and have no idea they've completely missed the boat, oyster-wise.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 12:14:38 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE WORLD IS MY OYSTER
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 12:19:09 AM »

And the word of the day is: COMETHER!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 12:20:59 AM »

And a very happy haineshisway.com birthday cheer to beckon, whomever he/she may be.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 12:24:53 AM »

Oy do COMET her!!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 12:26:05 AM »

Have fun signing 100 covers with Matt...

Looking forward to mine and on the Connotator we are planning a watching party... We figure at least 20 us got one :)   If not more....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 12:28:55 AM »

Favorite animal stars....

Rin Tin Tin... My grandparents used to talk about him and I have seen a few clips

Eddie the Dog from Frazier... Smart Doggie!!

Salem the Cat on the cheesy show Sabrina, the Teenage Witch.

Mr Ed!!! is a horse of course, of course....

Trickie Woo from All Creatures Great and SMall

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 12:37:41 AM »

I am hoping taht when Matt has to have a new Jennifer, that they screen test her since Missy Reeves is leaving. The recast would have to be the same calibre of talent as Missy or Matt for it to work.

We get rid of Reilly but Missy is leaving also... a bittersweet victory...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 12:58:03 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 12:43:31 AM »

My favorite animals from books include Rikki Tikki TAvi by Rudyard Kipling...

Tricki Woo from All Creatures Great and Small

Misty of Chincoteague, Stormy, Sea Star and Sham from the books of Margarite Henry...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 12:50:06 AM »

I forgot about Balto in the animated Disney movie...

Also gotta love those crazy huskies in Snow Dogs...  I was not a fan of hte movie but you the dogs were fun.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 12:52:23 AM »

The name escapes me but does anyone recall a Disney movie, I think, that had Siamese cat taht was a secret agent?

I think it was called: "That Damn Cat" It had Dean Jones, I think.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 12:53:36 AM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 12:54:11 AM »

Old Yeller is another one....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 02:54:58 AM »

I forgot about Balto in the animated Disney movie...

Also gotta love those crazy huskies in Snow Dogs...  I was not a fan of hte movie but you the dogs were fun.
A mild correction, dear DakotaCelt.  Balto was a Spielberg production, under his Amblin company, and released by Universal.

Snow Dogs was, however, a Disney film.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 02:58:11 AM »

A couple of TV dogs:

Neil, played by Buck, on Topper

Dreyfuss, played by Bear, on Empty Nest

(OK, I like 'em big and furry!   ;D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 02:59:40 AM »

Time to make sure der Brucer gets rolling out of bed.  It's way too early for him, but he's promised to get the grandlads to some swimming class all week.  Which means that I'll be going with him on Wednesday, my only day off.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 04:03:39 AM »

Ta da!  It's Monday.

I have to go to do the Children's Theatre Workshop for the YOUNGER children this morning.  And since it is a 35 mile drive, I will probably just hang around town until rehearsal this evening.

yes DR RODZINSKI....I think there is still a Sam Goody in the downtown mall, but I could be wrong, haven't been there in a few years.  MEDIA PLAY opened with fanfare about ten years ago with three locations, and closed them all promptly about two and half years later.  KARMA still has a few locations, including one in my home town, but they are small and don't have a big selection of music...
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 04:06:23 AM »

TOD:

Mr Ed & Francis the Talking Mule....

Lassie, television moreso than movies....

Jack in the movie MY DOG JACK

Old Yeller, to be sure.

All of the animals in the ORIGINAL The Incredible Journey

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2006, 04:06:44 AM »

I guess I am off to prepare...will be E/T today with no computer at hand....back tonight....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2006, 04:33:27 AM »

Good morning, all!   Thank you all for the vibes yesterday.  Please keep them coming.  My sister-in-law called last night to say that my dad is ignoring all the doctor's current orders on diet.  My first reaction was that he's pushing for another hospital stay, perhaps the final one.  All this bodes no good, and my brothers need some relief from their babysitting duties.

I'm trying to get my calendar in order to return to Ohio.  I can't leave this week, but I could certainly go the following, so I'm pondering dates and the financial problems invovlved.  I've had little work this month so I'm not particularly flush at the moment, but I can possibly finagle something with the ticket I've already purchased for July.  Emotionally, I'm depressed, and I'd rather stay in bed than deal with any of this.

Animal stars?  Sorry, but today I don't care.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2006, 05:36:20 AM »

~ ~ ~ ~ ~  VIBES OF ALL KINDS FOR DR ELMORE'S DAD AND FAMILY  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2006, 05:36:40 AM »

It's an hour later than my earlier post.  10 minutes aqgo, my sister-in-law called:  my brother is on the way hospital with my Dad, who's lost seven lbs in the past two days, and I'm convinced he will not return.  I pray I'm wrong, and any future move on my part is determined by what I learn today.

I hope I have better news later.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2006, 05:48:31 AM »

TOD:

Lassie
Asta -- from THE THIN MAN, but that wasn't the dog's actual name, I think.
the German Shepherd from THE LITTLEST HOBO --I loved the theme song, too.
the dog in DOWN AND OUT IN BEVERLY HILLS
the dog in PETTICOAT JUNCTION -- but I can't stand to watch BENJI
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2006, 06:45:51 AM »

I watched the 2 hour TREASURE HUNTERS last night and while I didn't like it as much as TAR I did think it was interesting.

The things that make TAR so good (the filming, the detours, the host ...) were all missing. But this show really requires teams to be brilliant and physically fit.

There were quite a few teams that really bugged me. First off, the Brown team (with the overweight black guy). OMG, what on earth is this team doing there? They struggled so badly both physically and intellectually.

I also think the Miss USA team will have big trouble. And the team with the pastor is driving me nuts. I like the daughter, but the parents are so competitive.

I like the Air Force team. The CIA team. And the geniuses.  And the blonde graduate girls.

The challenges were really quite hard. Not sure why the geniuses helped the hillbilly team near the end. If they wanted to help them it should have been AFTER they got the combo. I did not really care for that hillbilly team (cannot remember their name). BUt they will probably go soon, since their idea of opening a lock was to hack it open! :)

Jennifer

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2006, 06:54:38 AM »

DR Elmore good vibes to you and your father. ~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2006, 07:10:58 AM »

A mild correction, dear DakotaCelt.  Balto was a Spielberg production, under his Amblin company, and released by Universal.

Snow Dogs was, however, a Disney film.

Thanks for the clarification..

DReyfus, he was a ham!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2006, 07:14:10 AM »

Vibes of all sorts of shapes and size to Elmore, his father and family....

PS I also send a hug...

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2006, 07:14:43 AM »

Our prayers are with your family, DR Elmore.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2006, 07:17:51 AM »

Good Morning!

...And what a morning it has been so far...

To get things started, there was the case of the missing roommate/sublettor.  She left Saturday night with a friend to go out clubbing, and she did not come home Saturday night... Nor yesterday morning... Nor yesterday afternoon... Nor last night...  So... We all started trying to track down where she is working - she's from France and is here with an intern program for the summer - Well... After finally tracking down the right office - and the right phone number - and someone who got me to slow down enough so that he could understand me...  Of course, about five minutes after I had finished that phone call, she walks through the door.

Whew!

-Now we're just hoping that everything works itself as the day goes on, and that her supervisor at her office hasn't "alarmed" too many people.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2006, 07:19:41 AM »

many vibes to DR Elmore3003 and family  :-\

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2006, 07:26:29 AM »

I watched the 2 hour TREASURE HUNTERS last night and while I didn't like it as much as TAR I did think it was interesting.

I pretty much blew off TREASURE HUNTERS after the first fifteen minutes.  Aside from the SURVIVOR-like music and the way it was edited to over-dramatize events, there was the obvious use of titillation when the camera lingered on the team of hot girls as they stripped down to their swimsuits.  I'm no prude, but don't hype that your show is an adventure/puzzler and then insert T & A shots to appeal to the LCD.  
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2006, 07:36:07 AM »

I also went to see X-MEN THE LAST STAND this weekend.  Being a comic book fanboy, I enjoyed it immensely.  What I found very amusing was at the very end, after the credits and after about 95% of the audience had left, there was a brief but shocking scene that possibly sets up the next sequel (or at least the lead-in for the Wolverine spin-off.)
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up