Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FALLING ASL  (Read 24452 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:FALLING ASL
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2006, 05:12:56 PM »

Along with the steak, there'll be baked taters and wilted spinach and onions.  I'm loading the taters with butter, sour cream, crumbled bacon, cheese...

All the calories will bake out, of course.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2006, 05:13:58 PM »

Oooh, page five!!!

I propose a danse!!!

How about the Spanish Panic!!!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2006, 05:15:58 PM »

Yes, the ballad is called When Is It My Time.  The other songs are A Little Trouper (those who've seen PennyO's show will know what these are), The Food Song (Jews Eat Food), Living In New York, and the ballad.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2006, 05:20:29 PM »

Good evening!  I'm back from another day of hospital sitting.  My brother's idea about the fish was genius:  he showed up around 12:30 with a container of fish baked in lemon and butter, macaroni and cheese, and banana cream pie!  After my dad's regular hospital diet of rice, apple sauce, and milk, this perked hiom right up.  He ate quite well today, so that's a positive sign.  I think he'll be released early in the week.  My sister-in-law Donna also got him hooked today on peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

All in all, the best day this week.  Thanks for the vibes!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2006, 05:29:22 PM »

DR Elmore, glad to hear it was a good day.

Ginny

« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2006, 05:30:43 PM »

Back from dinner at Bahama Breeze, where I had a wonderful salmon tostada.  Kris and I both ordered key lime pie for dessert and agreed we should have ordered one piece to share.  I brought half of mine back and may eat some more of it later.

I may not be able to stay long, because others are waiting to use the computers here.

Good news, DR Elmore!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2006, 05:37:08 PM »

DR Cillaliz - sounds like you've had a very productive day around your house.

Think I'll go up to my room and read for a while.

'night!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 05:37:47 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2006, 05:55:41 PM »

vibage

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 05:56:08 PM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2006, 06:01:54 PM »

Der Brucer is watching a Miss Marple mystery, called "By the Pricking Of My Thumbs."  Unfortunately, it isn't really a Miss Marple mystery, it's a Tommy and Tuppence, and Marple has been superimposed upon the work.  Merde.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2006, 07:08:38 PM »

DR RODZINSKI....I agree about Miss Annette in THUNDER ALLEY, she was never more "mature" or lovely....finally away from being a "youngster" or juvenile lead.

She also has a sexy kind of gravitas in that scene. Cool, half-distracted. For a moment you think she's going to light up a smoke, but no, she's just casually filling a cigarette container while she sings.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #130 on: June 25, 2006, 07:12:45 PM »

SWoody, is a london broil just a certain cut of steak or what?

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #131 on: June 25, 2006, 07:15:16 PM »

Today I organized the records a bit, then I watched the BK recommended BLACK NARCISSUS on Turner. Great film. I had only seen a piece of it before.

Ben

« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2006, 07:21:15 PM »

TPunk, I looked for you when GMHC was between 17th and 16th Streets but I think you were on the East side of Fifth Avenue. I was on the West Side. There was a big group with GMHC so it was hard to spot you. Glad you had a good time marching. The parade got down to us around 1pm and I watched for about an hour. I saw Mayor Bloomberg and Hillary Clinton and Christine Quinn (our City Council Speaker) and Charles Schumer, our other Senator and Anthony Wiener, a NY congressman. As TP said, the ASOs (AIDS Service Organizations) were in the front of the march this year so I saw them all.

I was around for the 2pm Moment of Silence and then I went back home to finalize plans for the late afternoon/evening.

I went uptown and saw (with friends) A Prairie Home Companion. I found it sweet, low-key, charming and everything I was hoping/expecting. I do think if you're not a fan of the show or if you don't know the show at all the movie might seem a bit precious or unfocused but I really, really enjoyed it. I'm not a big Woody Harrelson fan but he was perfect as Dusty (or Lefty, I forget which one he played) and the Guy Noir segments on the radio show are not my favorite but the way they worked him into the plot were quite good. I did miss the News from Lake Wobegone (based on the city of Anoka, MN where GK grew up for those of you wondering) but it would not have worked to have that segment in the movie. It was GREAT to see Mickey's Diner in all it's little glory. Many a late night was spent there after a performance at the Chimera Theatre just up the road a piece. Great chili and pancakes (not together) and milk shakes!

We then had dinner at the Hell's Kitchen location of Chelsea Grill, a favorite restaurant of Ant's and mine down in our neighborhood. I had the deliciously bad bacon wrapped meatloaf with smashed potatoes and spinach. Umm! The three of us then shared a Chocolate Bomb, a souffle with a piece of banana in the middle, drizzled with chocolate sauce and topped with vanilla ice cream! It was all a post-Birthday celebration for my friend so it was a great way to top off the evening.

It's now 10:15 and I have to go to work tomorrow morning. Adieu all until around 7am.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2006, 07:21:23 PM »

I also watched some World Cup soccer today. Most interesting fact: There is a Dutch player whose first name is Jan and his last name, the entirety of which somehow fits on the back of his jersey, is: "Vennegoor of Hesselink."

Michael

« Reply #134 on: June 25, 2006, 07:23:07 PM »

BK:
I got a bounce back from an email with some other photos. Are you still missing the Adam on the bed photo?
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2006, 07:23:58 PM »

And these plays had a cast of eight or more, right?

At least!  ;D

And good news about Angie.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2006, 07:25:57 PM »

I felt the same way about Prairie Home Companion, Ben, excepting the memories of Minnesota, which is a state I have not been to. My one thought though is for people unfamiliar with the radio show, they might come out thinking that the show was almost entirely music-based. But, I'm sure they shot other stuff and just went with what worked best.

TPunk and I went out for Indian a little bit ago, now she's sleeping.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2006, 07:27:38 PM »

She also has a sexy kind of gravitas in that scene. Cool, half-distracted. For a moment you think she's going to light up a smoke, but no, she's just casually filling a cigarette container while she sings.

Exactly...and the jazzy arrangement is the opposite of the pop stuff she usually sang.  Of course she would NEVER light up on screen - and anyway I think those are L & M's and Annette's choice of ciggies happens to be LARK....still smokes 'em....against her doctors' orders.

And when she used to be out and people expressed shock that America's darling was smoking she used to say:  "I also have three children, so guess what else I do?"  :o

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2006, 07:28:01 PM »

I also felt the same way about PHC.  I haven't been to Mikey's Diner or The Fitzgerald (something I'm planning to remedy) but I have seen PHC live and am a loyal fan, so it was great fun to see the movie.  I've been listening to the sound track a lot.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2006, 07:28:45 PM »

Shayne, I have the Adam on the bed photo.  I might ask you to put them on a CD at the highest possible resolution.  And can someone please do the two partridge family episodes from the season two box.  And maybe the Happy Days episodes, if they're out.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2006, 07:30:31 PM »

Mr BK - a little bird tells me that Mr Adam Long (not the one on the bed) will be around all day tomorrow and can lunch or whatever.  You should be getting a phone message directly.

Hope your people and Adam's people can arrange a meet and greet.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2006, 07:31:01 PM »

I don't have the Partridge Family DVD. :(

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2006, 07:32:17 PM »

All caught up and pleased as Punch to hear the good news about Elmore's dad.

The ViBES and prayers will continue!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2006, 07:32:41 PM »

Oh my just bought a lovely SCENE still of Miss Carroll Baker in HARLOW as she and Mr Leslie Nielson fight on the bed in his Super-Producer Bedroom...have a couple of b/w stills  of the scene, and the lobby card, but this is a great still!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2006, 07:33:03 PM »

Good fish news from DRELMORE

vixmom

« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2006, 07:35:17 PM »

Yesterday I went to nmy brother's house for the last ever party before they move to Ohio...The Vixter had many quality hours with her favorite cousin (the one the same age as she) and my brothers and I laughed over old photo albums...and I played American Girl dolls with my youngest niece for an hour or so.

A very bitterweet day.

It was supposed to be a barbeque pool party but unfortunately the weather refused to cooperate rain and thunderstorms all day and night

« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 07:39:05 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2006, 07:37:38 PM »

Elmore, when your brother brought your dad his lunch did your dad ask, "What is it? Fish?" ?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2006, 07:39:48 PM »

Exactly...and the jazzy arrangement is the opposite of the pop stuff she usually sang.  Of course she would NEVER light up on screen - and anyway I think those are L & M's and Annette's choice of ciggies happens to be LARK....still smokes 'em....against her doctors' orders.

And when she used to be out and people expressed shock that America's darling was smoking she used to say:  "I also have three children, so guess what else I do?"  :o

What?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2006, 07:40:35 PM »

I also watched some World Cup soccer today. Most interesting fact: There is a Dutch player whose first name is Jan and his last name, the entirety of which somehow fits on the back of his jersey, is: "Vennegoor of Hesselink."

Kind of sounds like a character name from CALL ME MADAM.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2006, 07:41:27 PM »

She said "guess" - so I will leave it to your imagination.

However when Connie Stevens said to her in BACK TO THE BEACH...."You're a nice girl....what a waste of a nice set of hooters."

Annette replied:  "They haven't been wasted."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up