Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FALLING ASL  (Read 23643 times)

Cillaliz

Re:FALLING ASL
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2006, 03:49:59 PM »

Beautiful day here - 78 degrees and sunny.  Apparently it's rained around the area, but not here.

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2006, 03:50:14 PM »

Ah, page 3.

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2006, 03:50:34 PM »

A frenzy was requested and a frenzy I shall have

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2006, 03:51:45 PM »

I had a footlong chili dog for lunch.  Chili dogs in Sioux City don't have beans in the chili. I had never heard of a beanless chili dog before....how do they make them elsewhere?

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2006, 03:52:14 PM »

Hi MBarnum! Did you come to join my frenzy?

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2006, 03:53:33 PM »

let's see, what else do I know....I hate that commercial that says "Head On, apply directly to your head. Head On, apply directly to your head. Head On, apply directly to your head"  It gives me a headache

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2006, 03:54:51 PM »

The news just said that knitters hold the answers to the brain or the universe itself...who wouldn't thunk it

Cillaliz

« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2006, 03:56:57 PM »

I met Paul for coffee this afternoon and brought home a Bistro Steak Salad from Panera for dinner. I'm thinking about eating it soon.

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2006, 03:57:45 PM »

Is there anything on TV tonight? I certainly can't find anything I want to watch. That's a good thing, I still have chores to do and photos to download

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2006, 03:58:20 PM »

Boy, I'm trying to frenzy, but It's getting difficult to think of something to say

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2006, 04:00:53 PM »

Well, that's about all the frenzying I can do for now. Laters

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2006, 04:01:48 PM »

Now it's time for a TPunk frenzy.  We could reach page four by five.  Or is it five by four.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2006, 04:04:12 PM »

I don't know about a frenzy, but I can report on the day's events!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2006, 04:05:06 PM »

I marched for the first time in the Manhattan Pride parade.  GMHC led the parade this year with other HIV/AIDS service organizations in honor of th 25th anniversary of AIDS.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2006, 04:07:22 PM »

The weather today was not parade friendly.  We met up at about 11:15 to get ready for the parade's 12:00 start time.  It had been overcast all morning and then started to drizzle lightly at about 11:45.  Then right before noon, the rain started coming down harder.  I don't think it lasted for more than a half hour, but I think it affected the number of folks who came to watch.  The parade started up at 53rd Street, but there wasn't a consistent crowd of people until we got under 30th.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »

All in all, it was a great experience.  Lots of cheering and positive energy coming from the crowds.  I only saw one protestor standing in front of the main library.  He was holding some sign about homosexuals not being condoned by the bible or some such nonsense.  There was a policeman standing next to him, probably to ensure that he was not harrassed by the more tolerant folks surrounding him.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2006, 04:10:29 PM »

DRTPUNK - what was the best costume you saw at the parade?  And who had on the least?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2006, 04:10:32 PM »

Highlights for me were seeing how many families with children- all kinds of families- were in the crowds cheering and supporting the parade.  I also felt warmed by the groups stationed in front of churches who were passing out cups of water to the parade participants.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2006, 04:11:38 PM »

Ordered the FLOATING WEEDS Criterion 2-disk set.  Have never gone wrong with MR BK's recommendations....and this one seemed to appeal to me the most story-wise...even with the caveat in the notes today.

I thought it would be MOST interesting to see the same story in silent and sound/color versions made by the SAME director.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2006, 04:12:20 PM »

Many correct answers?

I will rely on the Electronic Hat to be merciful!

MR BK...what is the title of the song that moved DR PENNYO to tears?

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2006, 04:13:11 PM »

Howdy, gang! I'm at the marina, stealing away for time to write... I had a grand time pickin' Uncle Bruce's brain (the title of my next sci-fi movie...) before heading off to my interview on Tuesday. As usual, he hadmuch info and advice. He played me The Songs - now I have re-writing to do to accommodate them - you will love these songs. They are so right. Some laugh-out-loud stuff, some toe-tappin' hum-along stuff, some grab yer ol' heart and give it a squeeze stuff. yes, I admit it - I was moved to tears by the Ballad - way too close to home. He does know me too well.

So, then we had a bite - he had breakfast, I had salad -- AND I never got the story I was promised - forgot all about it in the frenzy of ideas for shows we both know and love and wanna do.

So, Professor, I'll expect the details along with the lyrics in a soon-to-be-delivered e-missive... I did go back and read the notes. Oh, the intrigue...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2006, 04:13:48 PM »

I think the title of said song was "When Is It My Turn?" ... something like that...
PennyO

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2006, 04:13:59 PM »

DR RODZINSKI....I agree about Miss Annette in THUNDER ALLEY, she was never more "mature" or lovely....finally away from being a "youngster" or juvenile lead.  She and Fabian were always more my favorite couple than Annie and Frankie...and the Fabe looks great here, too.

It's on a MIDNIGHT MOVIE dvd with FIREBALL 500....worth a rent or a used buy!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2006, 04:14:40 PM »

Burning some nice new incense I bought called Light Force....someone bought a pack today and I had never noticed it before.  Very nice....

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2006, 04:14:45 PM »

DRTPUNK - what was the best costume you saw at the parade?  And who had on the least?

Because we were in the parade, I didn't get to see much of the other participants.  When we were getting organized pre-start time, I did see a man covered from head to toe in bright gold glitter with a gorgeous feathered headress.

As for least dressed... there were two middle aged women who attached themselves to the end of the GMHC section.  They both had enormous, um, assets and were shimmying to their hearts' delight.  One woman had a very low cut tank top with her bra showing.  The other actually pulled her tank top completely down and tucked it under so that her girls were out on full display.  The first time I saw her I thought it was a costume, but nope, they were real.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2006, 04:15:37 PM »

I think the title of said song was "When Is It My Turn?" ... something like that...

Oh, my....makes me blink to imagine it.  :'(

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2006, 04:15:37 PM »

Okay - back to the matter at hand. More laters, gators.
PennyO

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2006, 04:16:21 PM »

Because we were in the parade, I didn't get to see much of the other participants.  When we were getting organized pre-start time, I did see a man covered from head to toe in bright gold glitter with a gorgeous feathered headress.

As for least dressed... there were two middle aged women who attached themselves to the end of the GMHC section.  They both had enormous, um, assets and were shimmying to their hearts' delight.  One woman had a very low cut tank top with her bra showing.  The other actually pulled her tank top completely down and tucked it under so that her girls were out on full display.  The first time I saw her I thought it was a costume, but nope, they were real.

I am sort of sorry I asked.  :P

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2006, 04:16:28 PM »

Yeah - that song goes in where "I'm Always Chasing Rainbows" was holding its place... bye.
PennyO

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2006, 04:16:41 PM »

After the parade my friend and I had brunch at a Mexican restaurant- we were starving as neither of us had had much to eat earlier in the day.  Then we joined some friends of hers at another mexican restaurant for drinks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up