Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TO DO TO DO  (Read 20723 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:TO DO TO DO
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2006, 11:40:13 AM »

Will this start the NEW PAGE?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2006, 11:40:29 AM »

YES!  YES!  And here's to PAGE 3:

(And oh, joy!  It won't take a picture!)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 11:41:51 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2006, 11:52:15 AM »

oh yes FLOSTING WEEDS are very rare.  That is why I want the DVD.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2006, 12:39:36 PM »

I forgot to mention how happy I was that Woody's and Der Brucer's pup got such a nice home! Lucky dawg!

Well, I'm pleased, but the bureaucrats with the Animal Rescue League were incensed:

Just heard about the newest adoption foil. Do you not see that on our contract it clearly states that a mixed breed with shots & neutered/spayed is $150.00? Angie is a wonderful dog & well worth that adoption fee. We only reduce adoption fees if the dog could not be adopted out any other way...and that is a group decision.  No the case with Angie who is a young, highly trainable dog. I guess you also forgot about our discussion following her last return that dogs of her breed mix & potential size, a fenced yard is required. Why have you made the same mistake twice with her? And what gives you the right to change the contract & rescue rules?

Our bank account is constantly bouncing on zero. Most rescues are charging $250 and up for a dog like Angie. If people can't afford to pay the $150, which is less than they would have paid a vet for these services,  there is doubt that they will be able to keep up on shots & preventatives and will probably buy the cheapest dog food.

How will they then be able to pay for the unforseen health problems? We are not in the business of giving dogs away to people looking for a free or cheap pet. If you just wanted Angie out of your house, I would have taken her.

It is my opinion that the man needs to give another $100 as stated in the contract or the dog needs to be reclaimed by ARL.

Note: the last lady who had Angie paid to get her Rabies shot and Microchip and lost her $50 deposit. The family who now have Angie felt they could only afford $50 becasue of the added expense they would bear setting up a nice run for Angie in the backyard (i.e. no fence, but two large posts joined at the top by a wire that allows a dog on a long cable teether to run about). Actually, the Dad spent over a hour walking Angie around the yard on her leash training her to obey the limits of the property line. Fenced yard or not, Angie is going to a good, loving home. They also asked me what food to buy for her and asked for Vet references so she could get good care.

One thing for sure, if Angie is going to be "reclaimed" - it won't be my me!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2006, 12:46:35 PM »

Because the reason behind the parade is definitely to celebrate and honor gay pride. ....  This year, because it also marks the 25th anniversary of the virus, ASO's were positioned in front, but I don't think that the parade was primarily to honor the anniversary.  

Honor gay Pride, commemorate the discovery of the cause of the disease - Problem Solved (I would hope!).

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2006, 12:49:19 PM »

Interesting, I like the idea of mixing sour cream and cream cheese.  Here is my recipe from the bottom layer up:

Refried Beans
Sour Cream
Cubed avocado
Tomatoes
Olives
Green onion
Shredded cheese

I sometimes also put a layer of just sour cream.

But I really like the taste of sour cream mixed half and half with softened cream cheese. Just mix really well, otherwise there will be clumps.

I'm not crazy about the taste of refried beans alone. The recipe i have just says to mix a can with a packet of taco seasonings. But I usually add just a bit of sour cream (since like i said i do not really like the taste of refried beans alone).

I also found that i like using things that are creamy vs veggies. I know most 7 layer dips have diced tomatoes or olives or shallots. BUt I usually leave them out.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2006, 12:58:56 PM »

SWW & DerBrucer,-happy news regarding Angie.  I hope Fletcher is doing better.

Elmore-Good vibes your news continues to improve.

Cillaliz, good luck with Bootsie and Callie, may they quickly become best friends.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2006, 01:00:36 PM »

Outrageous, DR DER BRUCER.  I would like to see the Annual Report of said organization and the "Administrative" and "Payroll" costs.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2006, 01:01:36 PM »

Off to rehearsal....hoping the set got painted today.....we shall see.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2006, 01:04:47 PM »

TOD:

When I was little (3 - 9) I used to go on occassional  week-long trips to my Nana's house.  Nana lived in Fresh Meadows, Queens and she lived on the 9th floor of an apartment building with an elevator ! (I got to push the button!) And when you wanted to get rid of the garbage you went down the hall  and opened a door and inside was a little chute you threw your garbage down!

Nana and I would take the bus and the subways (I got to put the money/token in the  box/slot!) and go to NEW YORK CITY! Once we went to Radio City Music Hall and saw a movie in which Fred McMurray was wandering around the sewer system under Paris, France.  AND they had ACROBATS!! and JUGGLERS!!! AND DANCE-A-RINAS!!!!!!!

We would go to stock holders meetings... once I got a box of sugar cubes from a Domino Sugar meeting.... and we would eat in restaurants and shop in fancy stores and play in the park and feed the pigeons.  Exciting stuff for a suburbanite kid like me!

« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 01:41:14 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2006, 01:11:55 PM »

I'm hoping Deceit will ship around July 5th, well in advance of the July 20 street date.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2006, 01:19:39 PM »

Less than twenty copies of signed Deceit - spread the word.  Time's a wastin'.

I ordered my copy! I can't wait!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2006, 01:23:14 PM »

Had a nice lunch and caught up with friend John after his being away for a week.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

vixmom

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2006, 01:23:19 PM »

Der B... It seems as if the lady who wrote the missive has an inflated sense of her own importance in the scheme of things and seems to forget the initial purpose of the the mission: rescuing the animals and placing them in a good home.

These people could have obtained a puppy from  a pound or from someone with an ad on the supermarket bulletin board .  AND  if this nitwit hasn't realize your dedication to these animals and your value to this organization yet I think it's time that someone  give her a quick wakeup call!

and that's MY 2 cents worth!  

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2006, 01:24:55 PM »

Watched LAW & ORDER: CI when I got back in. Guest stars were Alice Krige and Julian Sands. Intriguing plot with nice surprises. Really enjoyed it.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2006, 01:26:05 PM »

Looked at some of CONEY ISLAND, just to get a taste for the transfer shown on the Fox Movie Channel. Very rich in color. I doubt I'll continue with this tonight but will probably save it for tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2006, 01:29:57 PM »

What I watched for the remainder of the afternoon was the 1927 silent version of THE CAT AND THE CANARY (recorded off TCM last night). I had seen the 1939 and 1979 versions but had never seen this silent version (other than clips used in documentaries).

The print was sepia-colored which gave it a very antique look, and there was a new surround score that fit the comedy-mystery-suspense film very well. Lots of shiifting eyes and sinister smiles along with some exaggerated pantomime, but I am very glad now to have seen this.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2006, 01:30:29 PM »

I'm thinking I'll finish THE GENERAL'S DAUGHTER tonight before THE CLOSER comes on.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2006, 01:32:54 PM »

Good news for Bootsie!

That's the title of my next childrens book!

And then you can write the sequel..."Boots for Bootsie!"

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2006, 01:46:04 PM »

On the TOD: The first trip I have any real memory of was a weeklong roadtrip through southern california.  First stop was Long Beach, then San Diego (went to the zoo, waited on line for Sea World then decided to skip it and head to LA), Anaheim (Disneyland!!), Santa Barbara (we stayed at the Queen Mary).   It was great fun because it was just a vacation and not a trip to visit family.  And also because it's the longest period of time I can ever remember my dad being consistantly nice.
Are you referring to a hotel called the Queen Mary?  Because the Queen Mary, as in the ship, has been part of the Long Beach landscape for ages.

The geodesic dome where the Spruce Goose was kept has been turned into a movie sound stage, since Howard Hughes' aircraft was shipped off to Seattle or somewhere in those parts.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2006, 01:51:30 PM »

I jsut spoke to the Vixter - the first day at camp was a great success!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2006, 01:55:14 PM »

Obviously, der Brucer and I have some problems with some of the people involved with Animal Rescue.  They have this idea that only they are qualified to judge who should have pets, and don't at all like it when der B takes the initiative.

Of course, their bristling only give him more reason to take the initiative.

One of the things I love about him.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2006, 02:07:18 PM »

As I type, the skies are growing ominously dark and threatening. At the first rumble of thunder, off the computer goes!

vixmom

« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »

Time to go! Laters!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2006, 02:28:06 PM »

Very muggy here.

Had lunch with Jrand's friend Adam.  Picked up the music for tomorrow's recording session - the conductor/pianist is coming by later to get the conductor score.  Our original studio got another booking on Saturday morning, a two week booking, so they just ejected us and found us another studio.  I don't know any other business where such a rude and disgusting thing could happen, but it happens with hourly recording projects all the time - despite confirmation and booking.  So, we'll be at some studio in Hollywood that I don't know.  Hopefully it will be all right.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2006, 02:34:03 PM »

I managed to finish watching Season 3 of "Lois and Clark" over the weekend, finishing the final two "cliffhanger" episodes (which also left folks hanging until season 4).  It was fun.  I'm glad it's over, though.

SPOILERS

That was a season fraught with will-they, won't-they, yes-they-will, oh-no-she's-been-replaced-by-a-clone, oh-boy-the-real-Lois-is-free-to-run-back-to-Clark, oh-no-she's-lost-her-memory-and-fallen-into-the-arms-of-Lex-Luthor, no-wait-she's-not-willing-to-kill-for-Lex, oh-boy-she's-going-to-get-her-memory-back-with-the-help-of-that-nice-doctor, oh-no-that-doctor-is-conditioning-her-to-love-him-and-resist-her-past, oh-boy-she-finally-remembers, oh-no-there-are-some-Kryptonians-left-who-need-Clark-to-help-them-save-their-new-home-world,  oh-golly-my-heart's-in-my-throat-because-Lois-knows-Clark-must-leave-her-and-she-may-never-see-him-again, oh-my-heart-is-breaking-for-them!

Poor lexie!!! ;_)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2006, 02:35:37 PM »

I like McDonald's.  It isn't great food, but it has variety and it is inexpensive.  I like the French fries, I like the fillet o' fish, I like the Quater Pounder with Cheese, and I like the chicken wraps and sandwiches.

If children rush through their meals and run off to the playground, or if they leave half a sandwich uneaten; it sounds to me like it is their parents who are evil, not McDonald's.  I don't believe a place is evil, just because it is successful.

I hate McDonald's and I agree with SWW it does encourage waste.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2006, 02:36:23 PM »

Good news for Bootsie!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2006, 02:38:58 PM »

Good news on Deceit!!

I have been yapping about it....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2006, 02:39:42 PM »

I find it surprising that LA gets humid...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up