Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TO DO TO DO  (Read 20722 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
TO DO TO DO
« on: June 26, 2006, 12:15:10 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes read you, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they not only have to do to do, they also have to moo to moo.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 12:08:34 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TO DO TO DO
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 12:16:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: PROTOTYPE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 12:40:58 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I don't know. ::) I was born in Alabama (don't blame me...my dad was in the army) and we lived in Georgia, California, Texas and Germany by the time I was four years old.  When in Germany, we'd go to places all the time, so I don't remember all the places that we went and certainly now which place was first. :-\ After Germany, we lived in Ft. Carson, Colorado for about four years and there were lots of places to go there:  Garden of the Gods, The Royal Gorge, Turkey Creek, Cripple Creek, Helen Hunt Falls (no relation to the actress), the Broadmore Hotel (where many traveling ice skating events were held), Denver. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 12:46:04 AM »

When we lived in Germany, I can remember going on a lot of field trips (but not where we went, though).  One place I remember had pay toilets and none of us kids had ever seen that before.  On another field trip, I remember one of my classmates, a kid named Richard (he was German but spoke very good English), colored on his teeth with crayons while we were on the bus and he was quite proud of that. ;D

« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 12:46:27 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 12:52:52 AM »

This was all in kindergarten.  Another Richard in the same class (an American Army brat, like me) taught me a naughty phrase that I've never forgotten, although I don't think I've ever told anyone what it is...and it certainly isn't appropriate for posting (or even hinting at what it is). ::)

At the time, I had no idea what the phrase meant, but even now, I have no idea how it all could have been put together. :-\

;)

George

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 12:57:09 AM »

I marched for the first time in the Manhattan Pride parade.  GMHC led the parade this year with other HIV/AIDS service organizations in honor of th 25th anniversary of AIDS.

TPunk, I know what you meant and my comment is meant to be tongue-in-cheek, but:  should you really have said that the parade was in honor of the 25th anniversary of AIDS?? ::)

8)

George

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 01:02:46 AM »

Well, it's late and I have to get to work in just a few hours.  I did laundry today, so all my bedding is freshly laundered.  I also washed some clothes, so that will be nice for tomorrow.

Good night. :D

Danise

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 03:29:30 AM »

Morning all!

SOrry but I can't take the laptop with me because it's going to rain today.  

I'm so glad to read that DR Elmore's Dad is doing better.

Vibes to all who need them.

Laters!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 05:01:20 AM »

TOD:

When I was a lad and I lived in Montreal we would travel to Toronto by train during the Christmas holiday
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 05:12:07 AM »

Good Morning!

...Just checking in...  Yesterday turned out to be a very long and trying day...  Too long, and too trying... But that's showbiz sometimes...  And today I'm off to play with the folks from Disneyworld, which I am very much looking forward to.  It's a great crew of people, and exactly what I need after yesterday's creative crises.  -Yes, that's plural.  -Details to follow... maybe.

In any case, just wanted to say, "Hi!"

I hope everyone is well, and, again, DR elmore Vibe to You, Your Father and the rest of Your Family.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 05:18:09 AM »

Continued love and vibes to Elmore and family.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 05:18:27 AM »

And the word of the day is: PROTOTYPE!
The toymaker's apprentice nearly got canned when he showed his master the PROTOTYPE for a plastic novelty he called PRETTY POO.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 05:20:13 AM »

Vibage to Elmore and kin -

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 05:22:54 AM »

I'm fairly sure the first place my parents took me away from home was to my father's father's house, in Riverside, CA.  I have a great many memories of that house, with the rose garden and lemon trees in the back yard, and a cool (and cool) breezeway connecting the house with the garage.

FJL

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 05:23:14 AM »

The TOD is timely for me in that the first place I remember traveling outside of my hometown was Washington DC (where I was this weekend).  I remember being a pain in the ass about things like being kosher since I was a Yeshivah student, and when I questioned whether something was Kosher for Passover, my aunt pointed to the R with a circle around it and said "See that R?  It stands for Rabbi."  I also remember that D.C. was special in that we could go to McDonald's there whereas we really didn't have a convenient one (if there was even one at all???) then in New York.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 05:30:47 AM »

In a blog written by a waiter in NYC, the author rants about cell phones and their users.  This got me to thinking about the cell phone users I run into at work.

It occurs to me that, half the time or thereabouts, the person standing in front of me at the register has been called by someone else, who is totally oblivious to where the callee is taking said call.

"I'm at the store.  I'm checking out."

The caller continues their side of the conversation.

"Look, I'll call you back."

"I have to go now."

"I really have to go.  Bye."

"No, bye!"  Callee slaps her phone shut, heaves an exasperated sigh, and turns to me.  "I'm truly sorry, I so hate being rude."

But the callee wasn't the one being rude, was she.

That isn't a question.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 05:32:49 AM »

...I also remember that D.C. was special in that we could go to McDonald's there whereas we really didn't have a convenient one (if there was even one at all???) then in New York.
McDonalds is evil.   :P

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 05:37:35 AM »

McDonalds is evil because it is cheap, and because it is cheap it encourages waste.  Little children learn from McDonalds that it is OK to eat only half of a sandwich and drink only some of their milk or soda.  

McDonalds is evil because it encourages haste.  Run to the playground, kiddies, that's more important than sitting with your parents and eating your meal.  Life is a playground, ignore everything else.  And all that trash you left behind, forget about it, someone else will pick it up.

And their food tastes like... oh, what the heck, it tastes like PRETTY POO.  But everyone has been so hasty in eating it that they don't notice, and besides, it's cheap, so who cares.

Bleh.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 05:38:14 AM »

To work I must go.

FJL

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 05:41:32 AM »

I am getting my trips to D.C. mixed together, though.  The Rabbi story happened during Passover, and we never would have eaten at McDonald's during Passover.  So it must be separate visits that I've morphed into one memory.  :)

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2006, 07:01:37 AM »

Quick Monday morning greetings!  I'm about to check out of my hotel and make my way into downtown Cleveland for my meeting.  Wonder if the Spiderman III crew has vacated my favorite parking lot?  They were filming along Euclid Ave. when I was here a couple of months ago.

See y'all when I get back to SW Ohio later this afternoon.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 07:19:29 AM »

Hi all!  TOD. I don't remember.  My grandparents lived in Colfax and Prairie City and my Aunt and Uncle lived in Des Moines - so I'm assuming that the first place I went was one or all of the above (they are all close together)  We traveled there often when I was a kid and I have lots of fond memories of my visits there

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 07:20:20 AM »

Good morning!

We had a slight summer shower when I first woke up, but it only steamed things up around here. The clouds have rolled away (a "Liza" reference), and now it's sunny and getting warmer by the minute. Supposedly, more showers are on the way.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 07:20:46 AM »

Better get to work. I have to leave early to pick up Bootsie from the vet and bring her home.  I am very happy she will be home tonight.  Callie and I had a great weekend. She just doesn't know it's her last as an only cat

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »

I recorded LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT last night, so I'll want to watch that today. I also have the rest of THE GENERAL'S DAUGHTER to watch at some point today.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 07:23:46 AM »

Yes, DR George, that improvisational comedy show on Lifetime airs a new episode tonight at 11, so I do plan to either watch or record it. I have meant to watch it since it premiered, and I kept forgetting about it. Lifetime isn't a channel I often peruse the schedule of, so it slips my mind. Not tonight, however.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2006, 07:24:44 AM »

And, not to forget: a new episode of THE CLOSER also airs tonight on TNT. (9 p.m.)

I see NBC finally has time to have some MEDIUM reruns this summer. Nice to see it back on the schedule at least for awhile.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2006, 07:47:26 AM »

DR GINNY if they are still filming SPIDERMAN III after three months, something is wrong.

I went to Kentucky to see where my father and his brothers and sisters lived when they were small.  It was very interesting.  We drove on the longest bridge I had ever seen across the O-hee-o River.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2006, 07:47:50 AM »

Yes, hopefully MR BK will hear from Adam again today for a lunch.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2006, 07:58:18 AM »

Good news for Bootsie!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up